Retaliation ||1963-1983||

Od Sarah_Mateen

⚜Greed for the Money is same as a Road to the Darkness. ⚜Love ends when the greediness comes in the way. ⚜T... Viac

1: Mystery Begins.
2: How to Trust?.
3: Miss Minerva's lil' Secret.
4: Who is Ana?
5: Curiosity Kills.
6. Hunter's Cafe
7: A made up Detective
8: A Guest At Meadow Nook
9: Guilty Conscience

10: Origin 1963

16 1 0
Od Sarah_Mateen

Flashback from 6 year old Joseph;

July, 4th, 1963.

08:00 am in the morning, summers at Atlanta, sweet warmness all around. Birds were chirping and flying in circles over the gigantic lush green trees. Whole town was celebrating the 4th of July. Red and blue flags were seen waving all over the state. Small stalls were arranged in every corner, people were distributing cupcakes and gifts among their friends and neighbors. Women wearing skirts and heels were strolling around in the neighborhood while Men in button-down shirts pinning badges on their shirts were greeting the passersby. A huge smile was plastered on each and every one of their faces.

Like every year I came to the Edward's with my Dad. Mr Dave Edward is my Dad's old friend and his daughter Noel Rose Edward is my best friend. A perfect friendship. Dalton Graham lives with Edwards too and he's like an older brother. Today Dad wasn't in his uniform and it felt really weird to see him that way in broad day light. I have always seen him in his uniform or on duty. But today's a special day, it's 4th of July. I waited weeks for this day to come when I could finally have the best cupcakes and biscuits. And of course the fireworks, the best part of 4th of July. Last week Noel promised all these things.

Meadow Nook looked marvelous as always with a never ending queue that was formed outside the manor. This year Mr. Dave himself was distributing goods among people in lieu of footmans doing it.

"Pass me the bags, one at a time." Mr. Edward told the man standing behind his chair. My dad was sitting right beside Mr. Dave and I was sitting next to my Dad.

"Here lady, some warm clothes for your children." Mr. Edward handed her a carton and grabbed another bag from the footman standing beside his chair. "And this bag contains food."

"Grateful to you sir." said the women who was first in the queue. A little boy who was standing next to her, he looked extra beamed. "Say thanks to Mr. Dave" she whispered to her boy.

"Thank you sir." Boy gave a little head bow out of respect but got distracted in between.

"Dad!" A voice caught everyone's attention.

All the people present there turned their heads in the direction of the voice. Peeking through the metal bars. Noel was stomping through the garden to get to Mr. Dave Edward.

"Good gracious, that's Miss Noel. she looks way more prettier than the last i saw her." A women said that.

Noel was wearing a knee length navy blue checkered skirt with a blue top. Her hair were styled in short brunette curls which bounced with each step. Her eyes were shinning and reflecting a light blue shade but looked concerned.

"Dalton hasnt arrived yet! he said he'd be there by 7 and its past 9 am! Please, do something or send your men, I want him here before 10." said Noel. Dalton lives in the same manor as Noel. I've been seeing him here my whole life. He's not a family member or anything but Dad once told me that Mr. Dave's best friend Graham Michael and his wife died while traveling to Europe and Dalton Graham was only 10 at that time and he had no where to live so Mr. Dave took care of him.

"Oh you're up Noel, look how many people came this year. Phenomenal, isn't it?" Mr. Dave said while handing bags to the people.

"Dad." Noel whined and sat beside him and then she took notice of me and smiled. "Hello Joe, How are you?"

"I'm good Miss Noel, Thank you for asking."

"Come here."
"Aww. You look so handsome."

"Thank you Noel. I saved this dress for today, do you like my boots?"

"Yes, totally, I love them."

"I just got them and I'm sooo ready for today, when are we leaving?"

"When Dalton arrives, but don't worry you can have cookies until then."

"Thank you Noel but I'll eat them with y-"

"Greetings Miss Noel." "You look so pretty." a young girl interrupted us. She looked to be in her 20s same age as Noel. And as pretty as Noel.

"My pleasure but you look a lot more prettier." Noel smiled.

That girl smiled and returned to the guy who was standing in the queue. He was smiling too. She looked up at him and then whispered something in his ear. He was so tall. The girl gave a side eye to Noel and me. Noel was also observing her but she had no idea what were they plotting.

"Noel"

"Noel?" "Are you even hearing me?"

"Yes, yes? I'm sorry Dad, I just didn't catch the last part but yeah I heard you." Noel gathered herself and straightened her back.

"Here take these packages and hand them over to people I'm taking some time off. I have some business to discuss with Mr. William."

Noel frowned. "But Dad, you know-"

"My Dear, I'm not asking you to sit here all day"

"But-"

"Its just a few packages we're talking about, you can do that for Dad. no?" Mr. Dave patted on Noel's shoulder "Beside I have to solve your Dalton problem too."

"Yes. please Dad." Noel passed a forced smile and took the package from his hand. And then Mr. Dave left with my Dad. A bearded man greeted us and Noel gave him the package. After him came a guy with a girl. We both looked up and it was the same girl who greeted Noel earlier.

"Too fond of me, aren't you?" Noel smiled at the girl

"You're so nice. Miss Noel, I wanted to give you this bracelet."

"This is so sweet of you, Miss?"

"Hannah, Hannah Gabriel it is."

"Hannah, I'll keep this forever. I love it."

"It's an honor for me. That was my brother's ide-"

"Ana, but it was your plan, I just agreed." The guy standing behind Hannah has now come forward. He was actually really tall and muscular. Noel looked at him and smiled.

"So you're her big brother?"

"Yes. she's my sister and she's very very fond of you actually."

Noel chuckled. "I noticed you people in the queue." Said Noel while handing them their package.

They both smiled and grabbed the package from her hands.

"Thank you for this package and Thank you for holding such lovely events. It's amazing how you and your people manage all of this in such great manner." He paused for a second. "That makes me fond of you too."

Noel was all smiles after his remark.
"That is so kind of you Mr. Gabriel" Noel had no idea that she was blushing. "Have we met before? I don't know but it seems like I've seen you somewhere."

"Thomas Gabriel, we share history class actually."

"Gosh! I knew I've seen you before. How could I not notice? I'm so sorry" Noel got up from the chair.

"It's all okay, you're not wrong for not noticing me it's me who hardly interacts with anyone there."

"But then again, I'm at fault." "Patrick? Can you please manage this for me. We have a guest to attend."

"It's fine Miss Edward. We do not want to burden you." Said Thomas. Hannah looked so excited she looked at me and passed me kind smile.

Noel led him to the nearby tea table. "You're not at all burdening me Mr. Gabriel. I felt like we were wasting the precious time of those people by having a conversation there so I thought why not here? over a cup of tea?"

"Uh- So thoughtful of you Miss."

I was walking behind them with Hannah. She seemed nice just like Noel.

"How old are you?" She asked me.

"I'll be 7 years old in December."
"How old are you?

"I'm 21."

"Noel is 23 and she's my best friend."
"In males, Dalton is my best friend. Who are your best friends?"

"My brother."

We both walked to the table next to theirs, there were a lot of biscuits and cookies.

"Evan? Prepare the tea for us" Noel said to the lady standing beside their table who started preparing three cups right away.

Noel took a seat and motioned Thomas to the chair next to hers. They were talking about their studies. Noel looked so happy around him. But he was flattering Noel way too much.

Both of them had already formed a chemistry. Meanwhile Hannah was so busy noticing the architecture of the Meadow Nook.

I was busy eating biscuits when I heard Noel's excited voice.

"Woah, then you must have horses too?"

My attention got shifted to them again. I had never seen Noel talking to a male like that before. And Thomas, he looked like a total gentleman. He grasped the tea cup from Evan and took a sip from it while eyeing Noel.

They were having a good time with each other when they got interrupted by a loud horn followed by piercing girly screams. The iron gates were being opened by the guards and there entered a fancy red Chevrolet Corvette that immediately got swarmed by girls. A tall hunk of man came out of the car. His jet black hair were slicked back from his face. He took off his shades and started greeting the young girls, most of them were so desperate to shake hands with him that they started pushing each other.

I noticed how Hannah turned her head in his direction.

"That's Dalton" I told her.

"Your best friend?" She asked so politely.

"Yes. He's like an older brother to me." I sounded proud.

"Ladies, calm down I'm all yours." He was signing some of the journals that were coming in his way.

Thomas and Noel both were taking in the whole scene when Thomas got off the chair and started collecting his things off the table. He grabbed the 4th of july bag in his one hand and motioned his other hand in Hannah's direction. "Come Ana."

"Are you going?" I asked Hannah.

"Yeah seems like that. But I'll definitely come again to see you." She creased my face.

She was so nice I wanted to be around her more.

"Where do you live, I'll come see you."

"Smith farms is where I live, you probably know Christopher here, right?" She asked me.

"He works in the kitchen. Yes I know him. He makes delicious stuff."

"He lives with me so whenever you want to come see me just ask him and he'll bring you there. Okay?" She smiled broadly.

"Okay, I'll come to your farms." I was already excited.

We both then walked to where three of them were standing..

Thomas was writing something on Noel's handkerchief and Dalton was looking around when noticed Hannah by my side. He looked at her for a while and his brows got frowned. "You're with a lady?"

Noel followed his gaze "Oh, it's Hannah Gabriel. She's with Thomas sister."

"Lovely." Dalton was still looking at her.

Thomas handed the handkerchief back to Noel. "Here."

"Smith Farms"
"130 W Paces Ferry Rd NW, Atlanta" "Perfect" Noel pocketed the handkerchief.

"I know the address already, Hannah gave it to me. And you know Christopher also lives with them." I interrupted them.

"Really?" Noel asked with a surprised face.

Who's Christopher?" Dalton asked.

"Cook, who makes these tasty cookies." I told him.

"Oh You mean Chris? Right." Dalton nodded his head. "Joseph, why don't you go and get Christopher."

"That is an amazingly idea. I'll go and tell him that you guys are here." I ran back to the manor and went straight to the kitchen.

"Christopher."

"Joseph I'm here." He waved his hand in my direction. I stand by his side he was kneading dough for more cookies.

"Guess who I just met" I asked him.

"Who?" He asked while adding chocolate chips in the dough.

"HANNAH! She lives with you right?"

"Yes Joseph. We live together. But where did you meet her?"

"Outside, she was here for the 4th July bag." I mouthed some chips off the bowl.

"Ah right."

"You're making more cookies?"

"Yes. These are going to be really special since I filled it's centre with chocolate."

"Really? I'm stopping for these then."

I saw Noel passing the hall but she stopped when she spotted me.

"Joseph. Me and Dalton are going to the  horse race, you want to come with us?" She was all ready weaing a knee length maroon frock and a brown hat on her head having matching ribbon on it.

"No I'll stay here, you guys go." I waved my hand.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes totally."

She nodded and left the manor.

*****

It was around 6 pm and I was playing in the lounge when Dalton stormed into the hall. Confused and panicked.

I ran to him. "Dalton." I knew something was off.

He sat on his tip toes and came face to face. And stroked my cheek. "Go call Mr. Dave hurry."

I dash to his study and burst open the door. Mr. Dave and Dad both were wide-eyed. "Joseph, you could have knocked."

"But Dad it's Noel, she went with Dalton but she didn't come back." Mr. Dave stormed off his seat

"Where is Dalton?"

"In the lobby, he's waiting there." I pointed at the hallway.

Both of them rushed to the hall.

"DALTON!" Mr. Dave's panicked voice was echoing in the stair hall.

Dalton turned in his direction and almost ran to him. "Uncle Dave, Noel, she's in danger. I-I told her not to go with him but she didn't listen to me."

"Where is my daughter? What are you talking about?"

"Thomas. Thomas Gabriel. He met Noel today in the garden but I feel like he'd been stalking her for months. He lured her into all of this. Oh my God. What am I going to do now? Her life is in dang-"

All the colors from Mr. Dave's face has vanished. "Tell me where is she? Give me the location. Now!" Mr. William asked.

"Smith Farms."

___________________
A/N
.
.
.
.
This is a flashback from a six year old Joseph.
Hope you like it. I'll try to be consistent this time and try my best to update it soon. :)
Follow me on Instagram @yesul_by_sara
Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

277K 13.1K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...
1.4K 220 31
BOOK 1 IN THE CROWN SERIES "The crown must always win. It must." We shoot to kill with blood on our hands. With death at our back doors waiting to sa...
574K 16.8K 27
Forensic Psychologist, Gabrielle Giovanni has had her fair share of misfortune. Brought up in a wealthy family. Fell hopelessly in love with one of t...
369 15 15
𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 ー 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥. "You took a bullet for me." "Of course I did." He answers wholeheartedly. "Did you mean it? What you said?" "Ever...