Here, Under the Stars

By aristically

"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
EPILOGUE
EPILOGUE (AUTHOR'S CUT)

CHAPTER 48

3.4K 84 45
By aristically

-- MAGUI --

"What are you doing here?"

I immediately ran towards Ashi and gave her a tight hug. I missed her embrace. I missed her scent. I missed her.

"I'm here to apply as your secretary." She gave me a teasing smile while showing me her folder.

"You flee all the way from Manila to Vancouver just to be my secretary?" I asked, confused.

"Kanina ko lang nalaman na may opening ka so I had to cram my requirements." Ashi scratched the back of her neck. "Nag-baka sakali lang ako because I needed a new job anyway."

I suddenly remembered about her leaving the band. My smile vanished as I took her folder and used it to hit her shoulders.

"Ano nanamang pumasok sa isip mo at iniwan mo yung banda?" I started scolding her like an angry mother. "Pangarap mo 'yon, Ashi. Pangarap niyo nila Cleo. Bakit mo sinayang?"

"Kasi pangarap kong makasama ka." Ashi held my hand and stared at my eyes seriously. "I've been performing for four years already. I made a lot of songs, performed in a lot of concerts and tours, I even got to perform in Paskuhan. Four years is enough for me. It's time to live a new chapter in my life with you, Magui."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I've been waiting for Ashi to chase me back but I didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought I had to wait for years but she's finally here in front of me.

"I've forgiven myself, Magui. I was able to piece myself together and I'm complete now." Ashi smiled at me.

I smiled back at her as I hugged her again,  "welcome home, adi."

She's finally home with me.

I was eager to end the day because I wanted to spend time with Ashi. She helped me with my paperwork so I was able to finish earlier than expected.

"You're early." Lia raised a brow after seeing me leave my office when the sun hasn't even set yet.

"My secretary is really good." I pulled Ashi closer to me.

"I told you that you wouldn't want to miss the last applicant." Lia looked at Ashi and they high-fived each other.

"Lia helped me prepare my requirements. Kung alam ko lang na may opening ka edi sana nagprepare ako 'di ba?" Ashi turned to me while chuckling.

"Thank you, Lia. The best ka talaga!" I told her.

"Anything for the two of you." Lia smiled before walking to her office.

Ashi and I went to the lobby to get her bags. According to her, sa VL na siya dumiretsyo at iniwan niya sa lobby lahat ng maleta niya. I helped her with her pieces of luggage as we went to my car that is already waiting in front of the building.

"Head's up." Bruno, the front security guard, threw my car keys to me and I immediately caught it.

"Careful, Bruno! You might scratch my brand new Rolls-Royce!" I told Bruno while wiping my car.

"Ang yabang, Magui." Bruno told me. He's also a Filipino kaya naging close kami agad. Sa kaniya ko lang pinapagalaw ang kotse ko. "Ingat kayo! See you tomorrow!"

"See you all tomorrow! Don't forget to take a rest, okay?" I turned to all my employees before riding my car.

"Close ka sa lahat ng employees mo 'no? Do you know all of their names?" Ashi asked me while I was starting my car.

"Yeah. I currently have 63 employees and I all know them by name and face. The recipe for having loyal and happy employees is to establish a rapport with them." I told Ashi as I started to drive.

"So lahat sila galing pa sa Solace?" Ashi asked again.

"Most of them, yes," I answered.

Ashi fell asleep on the car ride. It was understandable since she has just gotten off a 12-hour flight. She helped me with work pa so she was really tired. I took off my coat and placed it in front of her like a blanket because it was already winter season. Sobrang lamig kahit walang aircon.

After a few minutes, we arrived at the house. I bought a medium-sized modern house. Riley wanted me to get a bigger one but I told her that a big house with a few people is lonely. Okay na ang medium-sized since most of the time it's just me, mama, and the helpers.

"Wake up, baby." I kissed Ashi on the nose to wake her up.

She stretched her arms first before analyzing the surrounding. She was mesmerized to see a big house complete with a beautiful garden and pool.

"Are we home, love?" She asked while looking outside.

"Yes, baby. This is our home." I went down the car to open her door.

Ashi got out and immediately took pictures of the view. I turned to our helper and asked her to get Ashi's bags from my car.

"Kailangan ng libangan ni mama kaya we have a wide garden here. Lahat ng halaman diyan ay tanim niya." I told Ashi who was smelling the flowers from the bushes. "Para sa kaniya din yung pool. She used to do water aerobics but she got weaker so she's getting treatment muna."

"Andito si tita Mel?" Ashi's eyes widened.

I nodded as I led her to the front door. 

"Ma, we're home!" I yelled.

I saw mama eating dinner. She is seated in her wheelchair while her private nurse was feeding her.

"Si Ashi ba 'yan?" Mama pointed at her.

"Yes tita, si Ashi po 'to." Ashi ran towards mama. "Mano po."

"Hindi ka ba pinapakain nila Cleo sa inyo? Bakit ang payat-payat mo?" Mama scolded her. 

"Ma, kararating lang ni Ashi. Huwag mo munang pagalitan." I told her. "She's going to live here from now on so marami pa kayong araw para magbonding."

"Really?" Mama exclaimed in excitement. "Patatabain kita dito, anak." She said while squeezing Ashi's arm.

Nagpaalam muna kami saglit kay mama because Ashi and I went to my room. I cleared one of my closets so she'll have space for her clothes. I was helping her unpack her bags when Ashi suddenly stood up.

"You kept this?" Ashi took out a sweater from my closet. It was the one I gave her during our 3rd anniversary.

"Of course. Pinabaon mo sa'kin 'yan eh." I told her as I remembered how it mysteriously got into my bag.

Ashi wore the sweater as we continued to unpack her things. After, we lay on the bed. We were too tired to go down so I just asked our helper to serve us dinner in bed.

We were cuddling while staring at the plastic glow-in-the-dark stars pasted on my ceiling. I have them placed there so I can have a stary view. Minsan lang kasi ma-bituin sa Canada lalo na kapag winter season.

"I missed you, Magui." Ashi turned over. I can feel her breathing on my neck.

I kissed her forehead, "I missed you too, Ashi."

"Let's stay like this forever." She whispered.

"We can't, baby. We have work tomorrow." I chuckled as I stood up. 

I took our trays so we can start eating our dinner. I turned on our TV and connected it to the internet so we can call the girls.

"Hello, love birds!" Malia was the first one to answer the group call. She was with Gia.

"Wow, dinner in bed! Sana all romantic!" Gia exclaimed.

"Kamusta ang Canada?" Jenna entered the call with Savannah.

"It's good so far. Sobrang lamig! The streets are covered with white fluffy snow," Ashi answered. 

"Hala gusto ko tuloy magbakasyon diyan!" Savannah pouted.

"Pagiipunan natin 'yan, mahal." Jenna told her.

"I can book you guys a trip if you want to. We can spend the upcoming holidays here." I offered so we can all be together this Christmas and New Year.

"No thank you Magui. Andami mo nang gastos sa'min, let us pay for our own vacation." Jenna declined.

"Hibang ka na ba, Jen? Masama tumanggi sa grasya!" Malia scolded her. "Hindi kami tatanggi ni Gia diyan! Go kami, Magui."

"Ako rin, Mags!" Savannah told me too. 

"Mga walang hiya kayo!" Ashi reprimanded our friends. "Sabi niyo sa'kin wag ako magiging palamunin dito tapos magpapalibre lang kayo ng pamasahe kay Magui? Ano akala niyo dito? Overnight trip sa Elyu? Canada 'to mga hayop!"

I started chucking at Ashi's reaction, "chill, adi." I kissed her on the cheeks to calm her down. "Afford naman so why not?"

"Sige i-spoil mo 'yang mga 'yan! Kapag namihasa, kasalanan mo!" Ashi scolded me too.

"Hayaan mo na, adi. Don't you want to spend the holidays with the girls?" I told her in hopes that it would change her mind but she still refused. "Sorry girls, ayaw ng baby ko eh."

"Under ka pala, Magui?" Savannah teased me.

"Ashi please! Ayaw mo ba kaming makasama sa pasko?" Malia started crying like a baby.

"Oo nga, Ash! If ever, first Christmas namin 'to without you. Gusto mo ba kaming malungkot?" Jenna started to convince her too. Kanina lang ay ayaw pa niyang manlibre but she's now excited too.

Ashi finally agreed so we started booking the girls' tickets. I have my private jet so it wasn't really a hassle looking for seats. We just had to pay for the airfare. Their arrival is on the 24th so we can still spend Christmas eve together.

"What's up?" Cleo entered the call late with Stella.

"Sorry, we went on a date," Stella said while showing their surroundings. They had a cinema date together.

"We're booking tickets for Canada so we can spend the holidays there," Jenna answered. 

"Ayos kayo ah? Ginawa niyong galaan yung Canada." Cleo stated while shooking her head.

"Diba? Akala mo gagala lang sa EK kung magbook ng mga ticket!" Ashi agreed with Cleo.

"Tumigil ka, Geronimo. Ikaw nga biglang umalis ng banda tapos sumunod ka diyan." Cleo reprimanded her.

"Ay foul." Ashi playfully rolled her eyes.

"Maiba ako." I told them to start a new topic. "What's next for 12AM now that Ashi's here?" I asked.

"Don't be mad, Magui but we decided to disband already," Malia answered.

"Bakit?" I asked in shock. Ashi held my hand to calm me down.

"Like Ashi, we felt that it was already time to move on to the next chapter of our lives," Cleo answered.

"But you guys love performing. Pangarap natin 'yon ever since Vanya Luna was created!" I reasoned out.

"We've been performing since high school, Magui. Who would've thought that we'll find it lonely and boring one day? We want to explore new hobbies. In fact, Savannah and I are currently undergoing barista lessons. We're going to open our own coffee shop!" Jenna told me their plans. I can see her smiling genuinely. I guess moving on would really make them happy.

"Walang masama if our friends would want to explore something new in their lives, adi." Ashi smiled at me. "Music will always be a part of us. Even though we stopped performing already, it will always be a part of us."

"Ashi's right. Music will always be in our hearts." Jenna told me. "Saka hindi pa rin namin hinaharap yung media. Nasestress lang kami sa kanila."

"Kahit nga si Ms. Martha iniignore namin. Baka nga sumulpot na lang 'yon dito isang araw at sabihin na nagsasayang kami ng opportunities." Malia mimicked their manager. "I never really liked her. Masyado siyang demanding!"

"I know right?" Ashi butted in. "Naiinis pa rin ako whenever I remember kung paano niya kami pinaghihiwalay ni Magui noon."

I remembered the time that I was making a name in the music industry. Their manager was a terror. Araw-araw nasa bahay just to make sure that Ashi and I weren't talking to each other.

After a few more hours of talking with our friends, Ashi and I decided to sleep already. I woke up first so I can take a hot bath. I wore a green suit and large hoops in my ear. I placed rollers in my hair before I woke Ashi up so she can start preparing while I went down to check if breakfast was ready.

"Good morning, love" Ashi greeted me when she got down and sat beside me on the table.

She was wearing a white top and paired it with a nude-colored suit. Her hair is tied in a messy bun.

"Good morning, baby." I greeted her too.

I was dipping my pandesal in coffee while Ashi was enjoying a heavy breakfast. After eating, we brushed our teeth before putting on some makeup. I removed my rollers to reveal the small curls at the end of my shoulder-length hair. Ashi also removed her bun and her long hair was flowing freely down to her chest. She looks lovely.

I took my handbag as we held our hands together. We went down the stairs and went to mama first.

"Bye, ma. We'll be home by dinner." I kissed mama on the cheek. She was currently doing her morning exercise.

"Don't kiss me! You'll stain my cheek with your lipstick!" Mama complained while wiping her cheek.

"Bye tita!" Ashi kissed her too on the cheek but she didn't complain.

"Ma, favoritism ka, ha!" I told her.

"Ashi is my favorite daughter!" Mama joked around.

I held Ashi's hand again as I opened my car door for her. We went to the office together and all of my employees are looking at us. They know Ashi because I keep on talking about her at work so I know that they're happy for us.

"So it's true?" Riley stood up from my swivel chair to face me and Ashi. "I see you're back together again." 

Bumeso si Riley sa'min ni Ashi before flashing a smile.

"I heard that Magui almost sent you away?" Riley turned to Ashi.

"Yeah, but I didn't listen. Pumasok pa rin ako sa office niya and she was shocked!" Ashi started chuckling with Riley.

"You knew?" I asked Riley.

"Ashi called for my help but I was in Ontario kaya binilin ko na lang siya kay Lia." Riley told me. "Anyways, I found 2 aspiring artists. Meet them in the studio by three so you can hear them out." She said before leaving.

"So bati na kayo ni Riley?" I asked as I sat down on my swivel chair. 

"Hindi naman kami nag-away." Ashi answered before sitting down in front of me. 

"Are you sure? Kasi I can still remember how you glare at her noong nagpapractice tayo for my solo concert." I raised my brows at her.

"That was a long time ago, adi. We set our differences already. Besides, what's not to like about her? Riley's the sweetest!" Ashi praised her.

"So hindi ka magagalit if I tell you that Riley has a crush on me?" I gave Ashi a teasing smile.

"She has a crush on you?" She asked in shock. "Tell her that she has no chance because you're mine, Feola. Sa'kin ka lang." Ashi glared at me.

I laughed to tease her further, "don't worry, adi. Alam ni Riley 'yon kaya she's seeing someone different."

"Dapat lang." Ashi sat on my lap. "But really, you're friends aren't hard to like. I'm glad that they found you. At least you weren't all alone when you were suffering because of me."

"Yeah." I smiled at her. "But past is past. We don't recall those moments anymore. It's time to move forward!"

I asked Lia to train Ashi for today since she was my former secretary. I wanted her to learn from the best. Ashi doesn't really know anything about office work so needed to train first. She didn't complain about it because she was dedicated to helping me.

We didn't really see each other for the whole day. Ashi was busy with her training while I attended 3 meetings, supervised a recording, met up with Riley's talents, and, signed tons of paperwork.

"You're job is tiring." Ashi sat in front of me after a long day. "Andaming pinamemorize sa'kin ni Lia. Company policy pa lang ay sumasakit na yung ulo ko." 

I stood up to massage Ashi's forehead and she felt relaxed.

"Did you learn something?" I asked.

"Yeah. Be kind to everyone to establish healthy relationships." Ashi turned to me. "You're a good boss, Magui. I can now see why everybody loves you here."

I finished my paperwork before we log out of work. We went home just in time. We saw mama waiting for us at the table.

I was about to sit beside her but she wanted to be with Ashi so I sat across her na lang. Ashi was assisting my mom while I was busy getting my own food.

"Kumain ka ng kumain para tumaba ka." Mama put a lot of food in Ashi's plate.

"Paano ako?" I pouted.

"Mag-diet ka, Magui. Tumataba ka na!" She started to tease me.

"Grabe ka sa'kin, ma! Hindi naman ako mataba ah!" I looked at my arms and they were thin. I even looked at my belly and it was flat.

"Joke lang." Mama laughed as she placed a lot of food in my plate. "Magpataba ka rin, anak. Nangangayayat ka na kakatrabaho. Huwag mong pinababayaan ang sarili mo, ha? Alam kong marami ka pang pangarap." I smiled at mama as she held my cheek.

After dinner, mama went back to her room. Our helpers cleaned the table while Ashi sat by the garden. It was a rare moment because the sky was stary tonight. I took two wine glasses and poured my favorite wine into them. I gave the other glass to Ashi as I sat beside her.

"If this is a dream, I wouldn't want to wake up," I told her while staring at the night sky full of stars.

"This isn't a dream, adi. It's very much real." Ashi laid her head on my shoulders.

"I still can't believe that we're already together again." I smelled her flower-scented hair.

Ashi looked up so she can meet me in the eye, "I'm never gonna let you go again."

I looked at her cherry lips and kissed them. She kissed me back.

Here, under the stars, we finally found each other again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 674 5
After knowing the truth about his real identity, Lincoln Thaddeus Knights built his own empire to execute his one purpose - to make the Knights Famil...
898K 14.2K 72
Love was never enough, it takes efforts and Perfect Timing.
10K 397 28
A MikhAiah x MikhaLoi Parallel Universe Maven is deeply inlove to Avery but she's always looking for someone
5K 108 12
Masaya kitang ipininta, Nag aral ako kasama ka, Nahulog ako sayo ng hindi mo alam, Nawala ka ng hindi manlang nag papaalam.