Here, Under the Stars

By aristically

"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
EPILOGUE
EPILOGUE (AUTHOR'S CUT)

CHAPTER 46

2.7K 73 42
By aristically

-- MAGUI --

"12AM releases new song entitled, KLWKN"

"O kay sarap sa ilalim ng kalawakan
Kapag kapiling kang tumitig sa kawalan
Saksi ang buwan at bituin sa pagmamahalan
Nating dalawa
Nating dalawa"

"Tanaw pa rin kita sinta
Kay layo ma'y nagniningning mistula kang tala
Sa tuwing nakakasama ka
Lumiliwanag ang daan sa kislap ng 'yong mga mata
Pag ikaw ang kasabay puso'y napapalagay
Gabi'y tumatamis tuwing hawak ko ang 'yong kamay
O kay sarap sa ilalim ng kalawakan
Kapag kapiling kang tumitig sa kawalan
Saksi ang buwan at bituin sa pagmamahalan
Nating dalawa
Nating dalawa"

I was listening to 12AM's new song while signing my papers. The girls did it again! They released a new song that i'm sure is another crowd favorite.

I took a screenshot of their Paskuhan performance and posted it on my private account.

everydaysolace: Saksi ang buwan at bituin sa pagmamahalan nating dalawa.

I'm really happy for Ashi and the girls. It was always my dream to perform on the Paskuhan stage but I guess it wasn't for me. I'm just really happy that the girls were able to experience it. It's probably the most memorable night of their lives.

I miss UST.

I miss the good old days.

"Have you approved the contract with Apollo already?"

Lia entered my office so I stopped what I was doing to turn my attention to her. I even paused the music so we can understand each other.

"What contract?" I asked, confused as I looked at the piles of papers on my desk. I didn't know which is which anymore.

"Shocks! I forgot to tell you yesterday." Lia scratched the back of her neck.

She's been busy managing the business side of the company. She's overseeing the operations, human resources, finance, and marketing so I really couldn't blame her for forgetting. She's not my secretary anymore.

"Where's Riley?" I asked. 

Riley is still our director of A&R and she's been busy scouting for new talents and overseeing all productions. She also got herself involved in the corporate side of the company since she is able to understand law terms. It really helps a lot because she reviews every word just to make sure that I don't sign anything that I would regret.

"She's on a business trip in Ontario, looking for talents," Lia answered.

"Life was so much easier when you were my secretary," I told her.

"I know right? Kung alam ko lang na ganito karami ang workload, nag-secretary na lang sana ulit ako." She joked. "But do you want me to post an opening for your secretary?"

"Yes, please," I answered. "I want someone who is capable of the job. I want to meet them for an interview."

"Kaya mo pa ba, Mags? I can interview them if you want." Lia volunteered since she was thinking about my workload.

"They'll be my secretary, Lia. I want to see them in person and pick someone who I think is capable." I explained.

"Sige, Mags. I'll spread the word." Lia said before leaving.

Later on, Lia's secretary handed me the contract for Apollo. I reviewed it well before approving it.

"Schedule a meeting with Apollo tomorrow for the contract signing," I told Lia's secretary before she left.

I went back to my papers when I suddenly missed Ashi. I tapped my bracelet and it started blinking. Later on, it lit up. Ashi tapped it back which means that she misses me too.

I stopped what I was doing as I looked at the small frame in front of my desk. It was my favorite portrait of Ashi and me. I looked around my office. It was filled with posters of my biggest clients but Ashi's pictures are overpowering them.

Someone told me that having a picture of your inspiration in your office helps reduce stress at work. It helps motivate to finish a long and tiring day. It does that's why I filled my office with Ashi's face. It keeps me going every day.

"I'm looking forward to working with you, Apollo," I told him after he signed the contract.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity, Ms. Feola. It was always my dream to have my song produced by you." Apollo shooked my hand.

"So when do you plan on recording your first song under the VL Music Group?" I asked him.

"Can I do it today?" He asked.

"Of course!"

We weren't able to get all our old clients back but a few of them took the risk with us again. Most of our clients are new and starting like Apollo. Our studio isn't as busy as before but we'll get there. One step at a time.

We all went to the studio to work on Apollo's first song. He showed us his lyrics and taught us the beat of his music. Our music editors came up with different tunes until they gave Apollo the go signal to record.

"Don't be nervous. You're doing this for your dreams!" I told him because I can see him fidgeting inside the recording studio.

"What if I make a mistake?" He asked nervously.

"Just take a deep breathe and try again," I instructed him.

"Okay, we're starting Circles in 3... 2... 1..." I yelled before the raw background music started playing.

"We couldn't turn around
'Til we were upside down
I'll be the bad guy now
But no, I ain't too proud"

"I couldn't be there
Even when I tried
You don't believe it
We do this every time"

"Seasons change and our love went cold
Feed the flame 'cause we can't let it go
Run away, but we're running in circles
Run away, run away"

We were hyping with Apollo while he was singing his song. He was enjoying every moment of it. I couldn't help myself as I started tearing up for him. I could see a lot of potential from him and it would be a great honor to be Apollo's producer.

I remembered the first time I watched an artist record their song. I was only a songwriter back then and hearing my song being sung by a popular artist was a big accomplishment. Kaya sobra na lang ang tuwa ko when I became a recording artist. When I recorded my first song, Sanctuary, I was just feeling the moment.

Hindi ko inisip na trabaho ang ginagawa ko because throughout the whole recording, all I can think of was Ashi. She is my sanctuary. She'll always be the paraluman of my songs. I wiped my tears as Apollo looked at me with a big smile on his face. I gave him a big thumbs up.

I miss performing.

I miss my sanctuaries.

I miss my sanctuary.

"Seasons change and our love went cold
Feed the flame 'cause we can't let it go
Run away, but we're running in circles
Run away, run away"

"I dare you to do something
I'm waiting on you again
So I don't take the blame
Run away, but we're running in circles
Run away, run away, run away"

Apollo recorded three more times so the editors would have variations to choose from. He was so proud of himself. I am proud of him too.

"You did so well. I'm proud of you!" I gave him a hug before we listened to his takes.

This is one of the reasons why I accepted this job. Sobrang nakakataba ng puso to see aspiring artists fulfill their dreams. I'll continue giving these opportunities to them.

I said my farewell to them because I had to do paperwork before the day ends. I went back to my office and sat on my swivel chair. I smiled at Ashi's portrait before I started reviewing and signing papers. After a few hours, I received a notification.

"12AM's lead vocalist, Ashi Geronimo officially left the band."

"Ashi Geronimo had an emotional final performance in UST Paskuhan as she shocked the whole nation for leaving 12AM."

"12AM's Ashi Geronimo bid goodbye after releasing their latest song, KLWKN."

"Fans stunned and saddened by Ashi Geronimo's exit in 12AM."

"What's next for 12AM now that their lead singer is gone?"

My eyes widened after seeing the headlines. Ashi left the band? Why?

I went to my messenger to contact Cleo but she wasn't answering. I also contacted the other girls but none of them were answering. It is already 8 AM in Manila so they should be awake. Why aren't they answering their phones?

To: Cleo Natividad
Ashi left the band? Why?
Fuck, Cleo please answer your phone!

To: Ashi Geronimo
Why did you leave the band?
Is this another impulsive decision of yours?
Tangina, Ashi!
Pangarap mo 'to!
What are you doing?

The girls still refused to answer my calls. None of them were replying to my texts so I threw my phone on the desk as I massaged my temple. I am feeling so stressed already when my phone beeped. I hurriedly checked it but it only disappointed me.

From: Riley Sarmiento
I'm on my way back home tomorrow. Do you want something from Ontario?

I ignored Riley's message as I went back to massaging my temple. I couldn't understand what was happening. 12AM means a lot to Ashi. The girls are the only family that she has left so I don't know why she left the band. I don't know anything about her plans. 

I went home early because I couldn't focus on my paperwork. I was laying down in my bed but I couldn't sleep. I'm still trying to understand Ashi's decision but I can't. I tapped my bracelet but it was just blinking. Ashi wasn't tapping back.

Where the hell is she?

"Knock knock." I turned my swivel chair as Lia entered my room.

I went to work again without any sleep. I can feel that I wasn't myself so I was trying to hold my anger. I didn't want to release all my frustrations to Lia.

"We have 16 applicants." Lia handed me a pile of folders. "They're all waiting outside."

I called each applicant one by one. I don't know if I was just stressed or I really couldn't see them as suitable for the job. Some of them were too enthusiastic, I couldn't keep up. Some aren't interested enough. I couldn't see the eagerness in them. Others were not suitable for the job. They can't even understand simple business jargon.

"Omg, Magui Feola?" Another enthusiastic applicant sat in front of me but I just gave her a serious stare. "I'm Aviana Lopez. I graduated from the University of Manitoba with a Management course."

"Tell me something that isn't written in here." I slammed the folder on the desk because my patience is running out.

"Uhm I'm really good at organizing papers and keeping a neat schedule. I guarantee that I can make your life easier." She tried to maintain her composure.

"Being my secretary isn't only about organizing papers and schedules." I arched a brow. "You should know every detail written on the paper before handing it to me. You'll sit with me during meetings and be a spokesperson if you have to."

"Of course..." Her smile vanished as she looked down.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Lopez. I don't see you fit for the job." I pushed her folder towards her before leaning on my swivel chair.

I watched her leave my office as Lia entered.

"That's the sixteenth applicant that you made cry." Lia scolded me. "Wala ka talagang nagustuhan kahit isa?"

"They're all useless," I told her.

"Magui, ayusin mo 'yang anger issues mo. Don't let your emotions out on people, masama 'yan. Walang magtatagal sa'yo kapag ganyan ka." She continued to scold me. "Anyways, may isang humabol and please be nice to this one." Lia handed me a folder.

"Ayoko na," I told her. I got too tired and drained after interviewing sixteen unfit applicants. "Send her home. I don't want to talk to another useless applicant."

"You wouldn't want me to do that." Lia hesitated.

"Pauwiin mo na. Baka sa kaniya ko lang mabuhos lahat ng init ng ulo ko. Masama 'yon diba?" I gave the folder back to Lia before I turned my swivel chair on the window.

All my stress are getting into me at umiiral ang pagiging maldita ko. I should've gone to work today. I need to calm down before I face people.

I was watching the cars from my window when my phone started ringing. It was Cleo.

"What took you so long to answer your phone?" I yelled with so much frustration.

"Pasensya na Magui, stressed rin kami." I can sense the frustration from Cleo's tone so I tried my best to calm down. "Ayaw kaming tigilan ng press. They are demanding for answers pero hindi pa namin sila maharap." She explained their situation at home.

"Ano ba kasing pumasok sa isip ni Ashi at umalis siya ng band? Cley, do you want me to go home to help you settle the issue?" I asked, worriedly.

"Hindi na, Magui. Kaya na namin 'to. Ashi already told us her reason." Cleo said.

"So what is her reason nga?" I asked again because she still refused to answer.

"Why don't you ask her yourself?"

"Ha?" I was confused when Cleo suddenly ended the call.

I was calling her again pero cannot be reached na. What the fuck was that?

"Bwisit!" I threw my phone really hard and I heard it broke.

What's happening to me?

I'm stressed, frustrated, and lonely. I need someone to help me calm down. I need Ashi. I need my comfort. I need her so bad.

I couldn't control myself anymore.

I couldn't understand what is happening to me.

I'm too tired to face the world. I need to breathe. I need to rest.

"The day is about to end pero mainit pa rin ang ulo mo. I have no idea that my new boss is a terror."

I froze when I heard a familiar voice. I slowly turned my swivel chair and my eyes widened after seeing her.

"Geronimo?" I stood in shock.

"Can I still apply as your new secretary, Ms. Feola?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 7.9K 41
A story of a bestfriends that secretly falling for each other. This is my first story and I hope you will like it.
41K 1.3K 49
JhoLet Parallel Universe "bakit ba napaka territorial mo?" -Craye "baka mapunta ka sa iba kung hindi ko yun gagawin."- Justine
277K 4K 53
Ang bawat parte ng librong ito ay tanging kathang isip lamang, anumang parte nito ay hindi maaaring gamitin sa kung anong bagay nang walang paalam sa...
484K 9.2K 77
If it's real and if it's true, and if our love is wrong then I don't ever wanna be right. Highest rank achieved: #8 in Fanfiction category. #1 in Wat...