Distance between hearts

By Wumi_Oludoju

Why do people always have everything they want in life while some just suffer for no reason Some bear pains f... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Meet the Characters💝
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Twelve

0 5 0
By Wumi_Oludoju

Hey my lovelies, I really hope y'all are enjoying this book. Don't forget to comment and also vote. I love you guys so much❤✨

Mayowa
I stared at the girl that just warmed up to me. Is this how I am going to lose her withing seconds all because of a foolish mistake I made?

"Every negative action has consequences son. Always make the right decision" dad always said. This is exactly what he meant by that and now I feel like digging up my own grave.

I feel like me dying Is better than for me to watch Dami go through another round of stress and depression. I sent her a reassuring smile but she just looked at me like I was mad.

"I'm waiting" she said obviously not interested in me being cocky.
"Dami must we do this now" I asked her obviously giving up because I couldn't just tell her.

Seeing her hurt breaks me. I cant believe I went through the first round of her depression. Knowing I'm the cause of everything bad that she has ever gone though.

"No Mayowa.. I can't wait.. I've always known something was off and you suddenly becoming nice didn't clear my doubt's either" she said. What she said felt like a knife stabbing me so hard.

"What if I tell you I fell for you" I asked her and she just shook her head.
"That's impossible and you know that. Stop looking at me like I am a little child Mayowa" she said. She was on the verge of crying and I didn't want that to happen.

I glanced at Shola briefly. I really wanted him to butt into this conversation and we would forget this ever happened. But Shola just stared at Dami then at me.

He absolutely looked more confused than I am right now.
A part of me wants to blame him for being so clumsy with his words. I mean why did he have to bring that up in such an open place.

But another part of me wants to believe that this is karma catching up with me. This was going to happen anyways. Well... I'm officially dead.

"Dami, I think we should go into the room" Shola said trying to hold her hand but she slapped it so hard that he had to smooch it. Normal Shola wouldn't have smooched that.

"You guys can't deceive me anymore you know" she said laughing. As she laughed, more tears poured from her face which was quite ironic.

"Damilare" I called taking her hand in mine but she surprisingly didn't move my hand away neither did she slap my hand which was surprising.

"Mayowa" she called back but quietly.
"You can't keep doing this to me" she told me.
"Fine"

***
"Watch where you're going" Yetunde told me.
I was going to ignore her but something just made me face her.
"You were the one that bumped into me" I told her. She eyed me for a minute before a sly smile appeared on her lips.

I hate it when Yetunde does this. She always has something up her sleeve but something made me not to let go of her at that moment.

The alcohol was just settling in and It felt so good to be tipsy after a long period of time.
"Where Is your boyfriend" Amarachi asked me but I paid no attention to her.

The three of us including Buki walked up to the snooker table watching my friends play and all of a sudden it went from snooker to dares.

"Where is Dami" I asked which earned a scoff and multiple eye rolls from her.
"That one.. We had to leave her. She doesn't know how to party"Buki said and Yetunde just nodded in affirmation.

Amarachi looked like she wasn't interested in the conversation and I surprisingly was. Ama looked bored AF. She was looking everywhere for Shola.

"She isn't with her boyfriend" I asked which made Yetunde to burst into laughter
I don't even know what was actually funny with the question I asked.

"I don't think that one knows what a boyfriend means" Yetunde said and Buki just nodded
"She is even a virgin sef" Buki said.

I rose my brow at her wondering why she said that. That was quite unnecessary though.

"What? Don't look at me like that. Isn't she the kind of girl you would like to sleep with"Buki asked. I cringed my face really not understanding what these girls were up to.

"No he cannot sleep with her. She'd probably pray before and after"Yetunde said and they both laughed.
I turned to leave but Yetunde pulled me back and brought her mouth close to my ears.

"Don't tell me you won't like to do that. By the way daddy has kept you away from girls for a long time and you probably want to relax yourself" She whispered

"What are you saying Yetunde. He wouldn't be able to do it he's scared" Buki said and they both laughed. They turned to leave. I didn't want to go on with that conversation but I found myself calling after them.

"What is it pretty boy" Yetunde asked taking a shot from a waiter that passed by.
"Why did you tell me all that" I asked them.

"Because she wants you more than you would even want her sef. Just being a good matchmaker you know" she replied.

"Then why did you insult her" I asked and she just shrugged.
"The truth is.. You have to do this for her. She needs you. You can't let go of a golden opportunity" she said and walked out.
***
Damilare had bursted into full tears when I told her everything. I tried to touch her but she slapped my hands away like I was a kind of virus or a pest.

I wish I didn't tell her. I wish I had not even listened to her so called friends and I don't have anyone or anything to blame.

"Why did you listen to them" she asked choking on her own tears.
I sent a look to Shola telling him that I needed to do this on my own. He cannot clean up my mess every time.

He nodded at me and pecked Damilare before he left the house.
"I don't have any excuse every excuse would sound very stupid. But trust me when I say these few months have been the best months of my life. And I would do anything for you to trust me right now" I told her

"Trust you.. You want me to trust you" she screamed almost all the veins on her head and neck popping.
"So you listened to my friends because of what? You wanted to prove a point" she asked me and I just shook my head not wanting to speak in this situation.

"Everything in my life has been a lie. First my mother had me out of wedlock.
My so called friends planned my rape and pretended to have my back those times. So my dream was actually reality but I didn't pay attention to it because I was falling for somebody who fucking raped me" she said all at once.

What dream is she talking about.. And did she just say she was falling for me? That is a good thing but I can't dwell on that right now.

"Damilare hear me out please" I said sitting down next to her but she stood up hurriedly making her hit her stomach on the table In the process.

She cringed her face because of pain but she ignored it and just started walking away. I went after her but she paused and looked at the ground.

My eyes followed whatever she was looking at and blood was dripping from her legs.
She stared at me eyes wide as she placed her hand on her thigh.

She brought it up to her face and I can swear all the blood from her body bad drained.

"Mayowa.. Mayowa.. I'm bleeding" she said panicking.
"Don't Panic Dami.. Just calm down" I told her.
***
Damilare

My heart raced as Mayowa told me that everything was planned. I felt a whole new wave of hurt wash over me. I was scared.. I was angry.. I was very sad I couldn't fathom what I just heard.

I couldn't speak to him anymore.. I just stood up from the chair and I hit my stomach on a side table.

I wanted to concentrate on the new wave of pain Mayowa had caused and forget about the pain I felt in my stomach but I couldn't just forget about it.

I felt something warm trickle down my legs and I know I didn't pee on myself.
My eyes immediately went to the floor and I saw my blood gathered there like I just had an accident.

I placed my right hand on my thigh and brought it to my face and what I saw made my heart to stop beating for a minute or two or even some hours.

"Mayowa.. Mayowa.. I'm bleeding" I said between heavy breaths.
I was panicking and this is the worst thing for me to feel at this moment. I have to be strong but my body doesn't want to be.

"Don't panic Dami.. Just calm down" he told me. I nodded but I felt very weak to my bones. I couldn't hold myself any longer. I screamed in pain and fell.. I waited for my body to hit the ground but I all I felt was a strong pair of hands holding me.

"Save our baby Mayowa.. Please" I whispered to him before a whole new darkness enveloped me......
***
What do you guys think about this chapter? I'm so sorry I couldn't update for a while but as compensation.. I wrote my longest chapter ever.. I've never done this before but I hope to write longer chapters.. Don't forget to click the star at the bottom of your screens and Also comment. I love you guys❤❤✨
By the way I'm really sorry if there are a lot of errors.. It would go under serious editing when I am through and I promise to give you guys the Best✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 50 16
Beauty Samuel a Nigerian and a 17 year-old is a scholarship student of Dawn international school which is one of the biggest school in Nigeria...
242K 20.5K 38
Through the cruise of love; there tends to be desolations, heartbreaks, and painful detriments. But if there was true ardour; the beholder of the lov...
265 39 17
The final year students of Primrose Academy are in for a ride in their last lap of secondary school. They are all are looking forward to making their...
18.6K 2.2K 17
I went through my heartbreak messages. I have kept record of them ever since I started dating. My friends got tired of keepin track of my love storie...