Heart Breakers

By Casualblonde

Sky, left heartbroken and alone, decides to get even with her ex-boyfriend; Sam. And when the last key ingred... More

before.
one.
two.
three.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.

four.

97 12 3
By Casualblonde

Well Shit. 

"Get out of my room Sam!" Mason said something before I could, rolling his eyes as Sam looked up from the traitor. He made eye contact with Mason for a long while, the girl he was kissing looking at me awkwardly, blushing furiously. Without another word, Sam grabbed the girls hand (a girl way older than himself) and left the room, glaring at Mason the whole time. 

My heart beat fast, my cheeks going red with anger as I saw him with a new girl. "I hate him," I said without thinking to Mason, glaring at Sam's back until he disappeared from my view. He made no remark as he straightened out his bedspread, clearing his throat as we left his room. 

He made no move to speak to me, going ice cold to his completely different mood from a few minutes ago. "Mason?" I asked as he shut the last door, placing the key in his jangling pocket. "What is your problem?"

"Don't worry about it," He grumbled, walking past me without meeting my eye as we rejoined the party downstairs. 

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, escaping into the crowd away from his cold mood before it affected me. "I'm just here for a good time!" I told no one in particular, looking for the nearest exit from the throng of dancing bodies. I saw Evan among the people, standing at the edges, so I headed over to him quickly. 

"Hey!" I greeted, giving him a quick hug as he looked around me. 

"Where's Mason?" He asked curiously, looking out of place at sound a loud party, just standing around awkwardly. 

"Your brother just went completely cold on me for no apparent reason so I ditched him," I spotted a cooler a few feet away, dragging Evan over to it. "Want a drink?" I pulled out a cider, offering it to him. 

"I don't drink," He mumbled, eyes wide as some girl bumped into him drunkenly. He grabbed her shoulders to steady her, "Are you alright?" She shook her head, mumbling incoherent;y before going on her way. 

"You don't drink?" He nodded in reply to my question so I placed the cider back in the cooler. 

"Do you?" He watched as I pull out a light beverage, cracking it open easily. 

"Not normally, but tonight I have decided I want to have a good time!"

"So that requires getting drunk?" He raised an eyebrow at me , crossing his arms. 

"I don't need your judgement!" I pulled  tongue, taking a long swig of my drink, "I shall do what I want!"

Evan shook his head and turned away from me, watching the crowd awkwardly, "Have fun with that!" At that I saluted him and trudged off, looking to find someone fun. 

A few drinks later and I couldn't walk in a straight line, wobbling across the dance floor with my hands in the air, some guy getting down low to a song as others cheered him on. My hunt to find fun people had ended me up at a beerpong table (of which I was terrible at) and then proceeded to be handed several vodka shots after that.

"Whoop whoop!" I cheered, high-fiving some red headed girl I walked past, laughing for no apparent reason. 

"I think you have had enough," a voice said from behind me, grabbing my elbow as he steered me away from the crowd and loud noises. I turned to see who it was but couldn't make sense of the face, stumbling to the left into a wall as nausea hit me. 

"I'm going to be sick," I mumbled, clinging on the man who had pulled me away. 

"Not on me, you're not!" Instantly I felt myself be lifted up, feet swept out from under me, my body being held in his arms as he hurried away. I groaned, holding hand over my mouth as I heard the jingle of keys before a door was tugged open and shut behind us. I don't remember being carried upstairs but before I could question it, I was at a toilet bowl and throwing up, Mason holding up my hair from behind me. 

"This is so embarrassing," I grumbled once the entire contents of my stomach had been emptied into the pristine toilet. My headed cleared up real fast and the fact that I was sitting on the bathroom floor with Mason rubbing my back made a blue rush to my cheeks. 

"It's alright, it happens to all of us," I heard the toilet flush before I was picked up again and placed onto a soft bed. I sat on the edge, head in my hands as a fluffy blanket was wrapped around my shoulders. A clock on the nightstand read 2:37am, a yawn escaping my lips at the sight. 

"Thank you," I said, rubbing my eyes as I looked to Mason who was perched next to me. 

"I'm sorry I got upset earlier, it wasn't because of you," He said, ignoring my thanks as he played with his hands in his lap. "That boy just knows how to get on my nerves."

"You know him?" I asked curiously, tiredness fading as curiosity took over. 

"Sadly yes, he's not exactly a nice guy."

"I can vouch for that," I grumbled, huffing at the memory. 

"What did he do to you?" 

"It's not important," I said with a groan, leaning back on the bed as I felt nausea overcome me once more. 

"Don't you dare throw up on my bed!" Mason threatened, lying back beside me, "Not that theres much left in you- what did you eat today thats pink?!"

"Don't bring it up- or else I might literally!" 

"But still-"

"Mason!" I groaned, holding a hand over my eyes as he chuckled softly, "I will be sick on you if you're not careful!" That shut him up real quick. A silence fell over us as I listened to his light breathing, pulling the blanket tighter around me with a yawn. 

"You can sleep if you're tired," Mason suggested, hearing my loud yawn. "I'll sleep downstairs tonight." I nodded at the thought of sleep, shutting my eyes happily. "I'll take that as a yes then," Mason said softly, placing an arm around me. 

"I'm so glad I met you," I said sleepily, curling up at his side, "You're such a good friend."

"She friend zoned me!" I heard a voice say, breaking through my unconsciousness as laughter followed. I stretched lazily, seeing the strand of bright sunlight escaping through the curtains with a groan- I hated mornings. Especially like ones today where my brain is beating through my skull and my eyes hurt like a bitch. The clock even read 9:05am, a time way to early to be existing.

With a groan, I got up from the soft bed and headed towards the door, shuffling with the blanket from last night still around me. I opened the door with a soft click, seeing Mason standing on the other side of the hallway inside Evan's room. "Who friend zoned you?" I asked too loudly, holding my head with one hand. 

"Was it the red head? Cause she wasn't into me so she definitely wouldn't have been into you," I teased Mason, walking to his side. 

"Morning!" Evan said loudly, laughing as I winced, "Hungover then?"

"That would be a yes," I answered Evan, "Now keep your voice down!"

"Want an Advil?" Mason offered, pulling a sheet from his pocket. I glanced at him, wandering why he just had drugs lying around in his pockets. "I knew you would need them," he answered, handing me one with a glass of water from the bathroom. 

"Thanks," I said with a smile, taking two quickly with a sigh, "I just need to go home and sleep for the next century!" 

"I'd drive you but I have to take the triplets to the park for a play date," Mason said with a groan, rubbing his face, "But first I have to fetch them from Gran and Gramps which should be fun!" His sarcasm was palpable, Evan laughing. 

"I can drive myself, my car's still parked here." I watched Mason and Evan share a look, "My car is still here, right?" I began to panic, thinking someone stole it last night.

"Of course it's still here, we just don't trust hungover people to drive," Mason replied, shrugging nonchalantly. I opened my mouth to argue but decided I was far to tired and that it wasn't worth it. 

Evan nodded, "I'll drive you Sky, I can run back! Just give me a few minutes to get ready." 

Mason and I exited the room, standing around the surprisingly clean passage. "Where is the mess?" I exclaimed, walking towards the stairs and trudging downstairs. Everything was impeccably clean, looking almost brand new. "What happened down here?"

"I have gotten rather good at cleaning up after parties," Mason said, following me downstairs with my shoes in hand, handing them over. 

"Thanks," I looked around, "But no one is this good!"

"Oh hun, I'm good at a lot of things I shouldn't be," he winked at me suggestively, laughing as I pretended to throw up, "Wouldn't be the first time you threw up in front of me!"

"Don't bring it up!" I glared at him, "I'm already embarrassed enough! Just forget it happened!" Evan joined us downstairs, grabbing my keys from the front table.

"You ready?" He glanced between Mason and I, laughing softly. "I can't believe you guys."

"What?" Mason and I asked at the same time, looking at Evan in synch. 

"Nothing, don't worry!" Evan grabbed my arm, towing me towards the front door, "Don't forget about the triplets!" He called, laughing as Mason groaned loudly. He unlocked my car and even opened my door for me, shutting it behind me. 

"Whats with you boys and opening my door?" I asked once Evan had reversed from his driveway. 

"Its polite," Evan said with a shrug, "I guess it's just how we were raised."

"Yeah, I guess." The rest of the car drive was spent in a comfortable silence; Evan being one not really into talking and me not in the mood to do any talking as I placed my forehead against the cold window. Eventually we reached my house and he said goodbye, locking my car and even walking me to the door where we hugged and went our separate ways. 

My precious sleep was interrupted by the ringing of my phone, loudly blaring into my ear. Angrily I pressed the answer button, ready to growl at whoever was on the other end of the line. "What?"

"Lovely to speak to you too Sky!" Mason said cheerily, wind echoing through the phone.

"What do you want? Didn't get enough of me last night then?" I was so close to hanging up and going back to sleep, but curiosity kept me up. 

"Theres no such thing as too much of you!" Mason teased, clearly not noticing how pissed off I was that he had awoken me. "But, not to waste any time, I have been sitting at this dumb park for hours with nothing to do and no one to keep me company!"

"I'm guessing you want me to drive there and keep you company?" I swung my legs off the bed, already predicting his answer. 

"Oh if you insist!" I heard his grin from here, "Its the park by your house, with the big oak tree in the middle!"

"Oak park?" I asked, pulling on a pair of dark stained shorts and black vest. 

"That exact one! Great, see you soon!" He hung up before I could say anything, leaving the dial tone to echo into my ear as I lifelessly pulled on my shoes. A text from Mason showed up on my screen a few seconds later; 

Mason: Drive safe :)

Grabbing my keys and ignoring his message, I checked in on my mom to see she was still sleeping. Considering how she only finished her shift at 8am I wasn't surprised. Before leaving the house, I wrote her a small note and left it on the counter saying where I was. The car drive was short and sweet, Mason running up to my car seconds after I had parked. 

"You don't understand how bored I have been!" He whined, dragging me from the car to a bench where we could see the triplets. 

"Bored enough to incur my sleepy wrath and risk your life?" I replied back coldly, leaning into the bench tiredly. 

"Exactly!"

"So why do you have to look after them?" I asked, watching them playing in the sand box. 

"I lost at rock, paper, scissors with Evan."

It seemed reasonable enough, even thought it was pretty childish, I just didn't see why I had to suffer too. "What about your older sister I met?" I dropped my sunglasses down, sun hurting my hungover eyes. 

"She's off planning her wedding with her fiancé," Mason placed his arm over the bench behind me, my back tensing up at the sudden touch. 

"She's engaged? She's so young!"

"She's 24," Mason said with a laugh, "But yeah, she gets ID checked all the time."

"Damn," She looked like she could be seventeen or eighteen, nowhere near twenty four! "Who's the lucky man?"

"More like the unlucky man-" Mason's eyes grew wide as he saw an ice cream cart, jumping to his feet. "You want ice cream?"

"Sure," I didn't argue as he order two caramel ice creams and paid, handing one cone to me as the ice cream man went on his way. 

"What about your siblings?" I asked, looking at them getting dirtier by the minute. 

"They don't need the extra sugar- especially if I have to look after them!" Mason licked his ice cream, watching me carefully,  "So Sam from last night; I know why I don't like him, whats your story?"

'Why'd you have to bring him up?" My heart clenched, I swallowed the ice cream, unhappily.

"I'm just curious for the next time I need an excuse to kick his butt."

I laughed lightly, sighing; "You remember the ex I told you about?"

Mason's eyes went wide, "So you're the girl!"

"What? What do you know? What did he tell you?" My heart beat erratically, I couldn't take more hurt but I had to know what Mason knew. 

"Its not what he told me but what I found out, but I can't tell you- I don't want to hurt you." Mason avoided my gaze, letting a drop of ice cream fall onto his fingers. 

"You have to, you can't not tell me now! Especially after the 'you're the girl'! What do you know Mason?"

"Do you pinky promise not to get upset with me? Or cry because I swear I'll kill him if you cry over this." He held out his pinky, looking at me seriously without his usual hint of cockiness. 

I grabbed his pinky with mine, "Just tell me, I'm a big girl."

"He cheated, like with more than one person."

"On me?!" I exclaimed, anger seeping into my tone. I wasn't upset as in I was going to cry, no, I was way past that stage. "Like how many?"

"Four I think, there was a Erin and a Tess, maybe Anna or something-"

"I knew it!" I cut him off, jumping up from the bench with clenched fists. "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch!"

"Calm!" Mason pulled me back down, his arms around me cautiously as and old lady gave me the stare. "Murder is illegal."

"That's not what you would be saying if I cried! Must I bring out the tears?"

"Do you want me to go to jail on murder charges?" He gave me a pointed look, my anger seeping away slowly.

"No but I must do something! What a dick! I wish I had known, I would've kicked his sorry ass to the curb a long time ago! I was starting to feel bad about my revenge plan but now? Now I'm going in full blast."

"So how were you planning on getting back at him?" Mason licked his caramel ice cream quickly, catching the stray droplets with his tonuge as they darted downwards

"That plan isn't important now," I couldn't tell him how I was going to use him as a small part in my plan, I would sound like such a bitch and he would think our friendship is fake! "I'll have to think of a new one!"

"How about me?" He looked thoughtful, stroking his non existent beard, "We can make him jealous! You can be my girlfriend!"

"Are you asking me out indirectly?" I asked, shocked he had thought of almost the exact plan I had. 

"Possibly, but this is also to my benefit!" He had a wicked grin on his face. 

"What do you want in return?" I groaned out, throwing the end tip of the cone into my mouth. "Because I have no money if thats what you want, although you don't you need anymore!" I thought back to his beautiful house that was more like a mansion."

"I don't want money!" He scoffed and wiped his hands on the napkin, "However I do need a date to the wedding." 

"Why do you have to have a date?"

"Well it will kinda help your plan out too, but I get to look cool."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confusion etched into my face. 

"Sam will be there."

"Why the hell will Sam be at your sisters wedding?!" I exclaimed, looking at Mason critically. 

"He's my cousin."

My jaw fell open, "You're kidding right? This is a joke?"

"I wish, as I hate to admit it we're definitely related. They're the side of the family my family doesn't like, but my sister had to invite them because my mom thinks its the right thing to." 

Mason rolled his eyes, shouting a warning at one of the triplets who dropped the spade he was going to hit his sister with immediately. He turned his attention back to me, "He bet me I wouldn't get a date to the wedding who has 'class', I'll show him how classy I can be by taking his ex! It'll get on his nerves!"

This was my opportunity to get Sam back! "When's the wedding?" 

"Three weeks time on the-" He took out his phone from his pocket, scrolling down his calendar, "22 of September. So does this mean you're coming?"

"I think I'll come, as long as I get my revenge," I held out my hand for him to shake, making it official. 

He grinned at me and shook my hand, "Now that the deal is signed, we need to get you a dress."

"Short or long?" I loved shopping so this wouldn't be an issue with me at all. 

"Well it's a beach wedding so short, maybe something pastel?"

"You're speaking my language! How well do you know fashion?" I cocked an eyebrow up, watching for his reply. 

"My sister took me on countless shopping trips so my knowledge is pretty good!" 

I grinned, "Great! So you can take me shopping next weekend then?" I received a groan in answer, "Awesome!" My phone beeped through a message from my mother, asking me if I was coming home for supper because she was ordering pizza. "Anyways dear Mason, the food bell rings so I must leave!"

"Oh wait, before you leave! Do you have a passport?"

"Of course I do?" I phrased it as a question, wondering what in the world he was getting at. 

"Good because the wedding is in the Caribbean."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...