the fall of icarus, edward cu...

De elviqssvvv

"like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume." Mais

the, end as we know it.
one. welcome home.
two. fresh starts.
three. pleasure to meet you.
four. enough with the warnings already.
five. friendships are good right?
six. never again.
seven. unexpected guests.
eight. deep, dark regret
nine. friends, and family
ten. familiarity, at last
eleven. scary stories
thirteen. the meadow

twelve. the cold ones

87 5 0
De elviqssvvv

012.

THE COLD
ONES

: ̗̀➛

Now at home the secrets followed, she reminisced on what Jacob had said it was confusing and absurd. Whatever these creatures were she was sure Edward had no part in it.

She sat perched on her bed faint music playing in the background. Bella came stumbling in, a sight that certainly did not please Alena.

"Where've your been all day?" Animosity oozed of every word she spoke.

"I went for a walk with Jacob, he came by and asked if I wanted to catch up."

She let out a huff and scowled towards the girl on the bed.

"Did you enjoy yourself? What did you two have to talk about anyway?"

"That's none of your business Bella, and yes I did thank you."

If Bella was going to make snide remarks so could Alena. A smirk settled on Bella's lips mocking her sisters words.

"Fine if your going to be like that, I was only making harmless conversation."

And with that she strolled out of Alena's room back towards her own. Harmless my ass Alena thought, nothing she's said or done in the last week has been harmless.

One thing did play on her mind that she wanted to do before bed. Now intrigued she made her towards her computer.

Gingerly her fingers typed in the looming words in her head.

The Cold Ones

Articles highlighted myth and legend, stories dating back decades upon decades. These creatures have been mentioned endlessly in each corner of history, in every continent. But only allusive words stood out to her ; cold skinned, undead, inhuman speed.

Everything Edward was to her flashed through her mind, it was dizzying the absurd truth to it all. But he simply could not be anything like that, it just wasn't him.

Unwillingly she let her head fall back against her pillows and let the fresh lull of unconsciousness, drag her into an untimely sleep.

All while knowing, every word of it was true.

Dazed and bleary eyed Alena awoke to sunlight peeking through her blinds, dapples caressing her face.

Denial was her favourite game she simply would not believe what she read last night, there's an explanation and she's going to find it.

-ˏˋ⋆ ̥   ̣̮ ̥   ͙   ̥   ̣̮ ̥ ⋆ˊˎ-

Going to the only place she knew to find him, Alena arrived at the Cullens home. After a car ride with a very hesitant Charlie and trekking through woods that seemed the same after awhile, she finally made it. It was much harder in the daylight, the night disguised the looming forest that surrounded the vicinity.

There it stood as ever in all its glory, it seemed more beautifully daunting now in the cold light of day. It took on a more ominous edge with sunlight now shimmering against the never ending glass.

Now more nervous than anything her fingers rocked against the door, she was contemplating making a run for it.

But her fears subsided when she saw the genial face of Esme staring back at her, a smile beginning to spread wide at the sight before her.

"Alena dear, come in it's lovely to see you again."

"Hello, it's lovely to see you too I'm actually here to see-"

As if by magic Edward appeared, interrupting the conversation in hand and stood awaiting her attention.

"Edward perfect timing." Esme smiled lovingly towards her son radiating nothing but pride.

"How about we go somewhere more private?"

Edward offered up gesturing for Alena to follow him, she complied and traipsed behind him through the all too familiar living room and out the pristine glass to a balcony.

Neither Esme nor Edward seemed surprised by her visit, it was as though they had been expecting her all along. It made her feel welcome and less reluctant to discuss what she so needed to.

"Edward this is going to come off strange, but I need to ask you something."

His amber eyes now averted their attention from the surrounding trees to Alena's own expectant stare, searing and knowing.

"Ask away."

She finally now spoke up averting her own gaze as she spoke.

"What are you?"

A smirk pulled at the edges of his mouth, as though this question was nothing but amusing.

"How about we walk Alena."

Completely thrown off by this suggestion she complied and the pair began walking out into the dense forest.

Her feet fumbled ahead agitation getting the better of her, of course he had no trouble in catching up. Now they stood surrounded by solemn trees, silence coursing through every inch. It was far far too quiet.

"I know what you are." she breathed out, her uncertainty seeping away by the second.

"Say it." his words came out harsh and stressed.

"You're a vampire."

Silence settled in the air around them no one spoke nor moved, Alena couldn't bare to turn around and face him. So he did before she had to.

No hint of a smile traced his lips, a grave look settled on his features something that made him look brooding and interfering.

And that's when she realised it was true, stood here now looking a the deep reluctance of his glare for the first time she felt afraid.

"Are you going to kill me?"

She noted this was a dumb question to ask, but it was the only sane thought coursing through her mind.

"No Alena I'm not, but I know how this must look and I want you to know I'm not going to hurt you."

Annoyingly she was comforted by this, nothing but questions were left to say and she had no means to usher them.

"How old are you?"

"17."

"Don't play with me Edward, how long have you been 17?"

"A while."

Those were the only words she needed for the confirmation to set in and the truth to revel within her.

"I'm glad you know Alena."

Now she scoffed at him, his smirk beginning to return although this was most certainly not a humorous moment.

"I'm not sure if I'm so glad to be honest, I think I preferred being in denial."

"Remember when you were pleading to know my secret, this is it."

It felt like a world ago, well it was everything has altered now what she believed to be myth is laced in nothing but truth.

"In no way did I assume it would be something like this."

She chuckled now relishing in the absurdity of it all.

His gaze fixed on hers once again now, a serious look marked upon it. The anxiety began to grow again, nervous there was something dire he was about to say.

"Let me show you something tomorrow, I want to take you somewhere."

"Edward I don't know if that's a good idea..."

"Please Alena indulge me."

A pleading look hung at the edges of his eyes, beguiling her to look. When he's looking at her like that she has no use but want to accept.

"Fine, okay. But this better not be some lure, to some secluded spot to bite me."

He laughed at her causing her to join in and realise what she'd just said.

This had to be the strangest moment of Alena's
existence as she knew it.

Being stood in an adorning forest, with a vampire at her side.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

413K 24.8K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
457K 31.2K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
473K 14.5K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
926K 21.3K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.