The MaAn Journey

By NomadForLife

It is my first fanfiction... This is a story of anupama after she divorced vanraj and moved out of shah house... More

Note
Introduction
Self Doubt
The Internship
Manhattan
Family
The Shadow of the Past
Teaser
New Character Alert !!!
Meet The Boss
Rewind
Secrets and Support
Dosti
The Reunion
17 Years Ago...
Distant yet Close
The Bid
Shame !!!
Chaos !!
Heading Home
Mind Games
Calm before the Storm
The Newspaper Scandal
Revealed !!!
Play The Man !!
All They Need Is A Push
Anupama Meets Anuj
Vanraj Creates A Scene
Important Note
An Unexpected Visit
Home
Teaser 2
Entangled !!
Not Your Fault !!
Favours !!
Assumptions
A Fresh Start !!
Friends ?
Learning From Each Other
Festivities !!
Samar
Missing Each Other!!
Anuj bonds with Pakhi
Anuj at the Dance Academy
Anupama enjoys Anuj's company!!
Anuj comes up with a Plan.
The Launch Pooja
An Uninvited Guest !!
Anuj's Advice to Anupama
The Beginning of Karma for Vanraj !!
The Aftermath !!
Anupama at Anuj's Place
No Way Out !!
An Important Update !!
Karma and Longing !!
Shifting Dynamics And Evolving Bonds !!

Udaan

1.1K 86 33
By NomadForLife

Sorry everyone for a late update....I got caught up in some work.

Thank you for showing all the love and support for my fanfiction❤️❤️

So let's start without any further delay...

As Anuj finished picking up the books lying around the couch and handed it over to Anupama, his eyes went to the laptop kept on the table.

A PowerPoint presentation remained open and the first slide had the words "Project Udaan" written on it in a huge bold font that immediately caught his attention.

There was something else written further under the title but the font wasn't visible to Anuj. He furrowed his eyebrows to concentrate on the text. However, before he could comprehend the text, the flap of the laptop closed shut.

THUDD !!

The sound brought Anuj back to the present and he saw one of his files lying on the ground.

He bent over and picked it up.

Project Udaan....yeh kya ho sakta hai....

He mumbled to himself carefully placing the file back on the table.

Anuj was in office working since 7 in the morning yet he hasn't completed even half the work he was supposed to.The visual of her sweet face and innocent smile kept forming before his eyes making it hard for him to concentrate on work. This has happened for the thousandth time since he came back from Anupama's apartment yesterday and he seemed to have no control over it.

He was sitting on the couch in Vikram's office going through some files when he read a few words that immediately took his mind back to something he saw in Anupama's apartment.

The text on her laptop screen that read.....

Project Udaan

This was all he was able to read before Anupama closed her laptop shut.

Perhaps, it was some kind of presentation for her college assignment.

He thought to himself.

However, the powerpoint presentation on her laptop looked less like an assignment and more like a business proposal.

He wondered twirling the magnets between his fingers. He recollected how sheets of pie charts and graphs relating to some successful restaurant businesses were lying around the table and one of them contained the details of his own restaurant....the one which he started in the memory of his mother. It was a dance themed chain of restaurants called "Nritya" which he built for a cause that was very close to his and his mother's heart.

His mother Gayatri Kapadia was a trained Kathak dancer and therefore she knew how hard it was for an artist in her profession to create a name for themselves. She was privileged to follow her passion but many others were not as lucky as her and hence she wanted to help them by providing a platform to showcase their talent. It was an idea that she shared with her son Anuj and he was able to transform it into a business model. He wanted to build restaurants with dance as the central theme that would not only serve exotic food to guests but also will present a series of dance acts from artists who are in search of a platform to showcase their talent. This vision of his certainly did turn into reality but the person for whom he had built this was no more there to witness its success.

The thought ached his heart as he went through the file containing the details regarding the proceeds of the current year from Nritya that would go to his mother's charity. This was the moment his mind darted back to the presentation he saw on Anupama's laptop.

He was still pondering over what the presentation and graphs could be about when he recalled the urgency with which Anupama closed the laptop and he realised it was something that Anupama didn't want him to read.

Jo bhi tha Anuj....if Anu doesn't want you to see it....then it's none of your business.

He thought to himself and went back to the pile of files kept on the table waiting for his signature.

A few moments later, Vikram entered the office and saw Anuj immersed in files. He looked at his watch to check if he is late but he wasn't.....it was Anuj who was early.

Yeh banda kabhi nhi sudhrega....

He sighed thinking that his friend is still the same workaholic he used to be.

He moved closer and cleared his throat announcing his arrival but Anuj was too busy to notice.

Looking at the stack of files kept on the coffee table near the couch, Vikram realised that Anuj was catching up on the pending work from the last week.

Certainly a lot has happened over the week. Although Anuj might have mastered the art of hiding his pain but Vikram knew deep down Anuj was still reeling from the shock of the various things that came to light about Anupama's past life.

He wanted to help Anuj but as always he didn't have any clue on how to help him when it came to Anupama. However, he decided to atleast give it a try.

Vikram:- Anuj...

He spoke taking a seat on the couch but Anuj just hummed in response.

Vikram:- O hello Mr. Kapadia....yeh mera office hai aur yha hmm...umm...uhh nhi chalta...

Anuj looked up and smirked seeing Vikram establish his authority.

Anuj:- Aur yeh meri company hai....kal se bahar gate pe likhwa du...ki yha Vikram Mehra nhi chalta...

He retorted with a cheeky smile and Vikram made a half angry face.

Vikram:- First of all....that's not how it works.....and secondly does GK know ki tu yha subah se office me ghar basa ke baitha hai?

He inquired shifting from the topic.

Anuj:- Does Rittika know ki tu yha kaam nhi....bakwas kar rha hai?

He sneered at him and Vikram looked annoyed.

Vikram:- Tu mere kisi sawal ka seedha jawab nhi de sakta...

Anuj:- Tu seedhe sawal nhi puch sakta...

Vikram groaned in annoyance and Anuj chuckled at this.

Seeing Anuj finally loosen up a bit, Vikram decided to address the elephant in the room.

Anuj:- Kuch bolna hai?

He asked anticipating Vikram's mind and Vikram was surprised.

Vikram:- Tujhe kaise pata?

He asked perplexed.

Anuj:- Kameene tujhe mai bachpan se jaanta hoo....tujhe sach me lagta hai ki mujhe nhi pata hoga tu tabse mera mood light karne ki kosis kyu kar rha hai....

He called Vikram out for what he was trying to do and Vikram smiled hearing this as he realised twenty three years of distance hasn't really changed the dynamics of the friendship between them. Anuj is still the same person who can notice even the slightest change in his behaviour.

Vikram:- Anuj....wo Ritu...

He spoke hesitantly and Anuj understood the reason behind his hesitation.

Anuj:- She told you.... didn't she?

He tried to confirm if Vikram knows the truth or not.

Vikram:- She did.

He replied clearing his doubt.

Anuj:- When?

Vikram:- When Anu came at our house for dinner.

He told Anuj everything that happened the day he found out that Rittika and Anupama have a history and Anuj just nodded in acknowledgement still not being able to comprehend how to react.

Vikram:- Anuj....Rittika ne 17 saal pehle jo bhi kiya....I know wo galat tha....and she knows it too.

He tried to defend Rittika but Anuj had already made up his mind regarding it.

Anuj:-It doesn't matter if she knows it or not....the question is if she is sorry about it?

He stated in a cold tone adjusting his specs as he looked at Vikram for an answer.

Vikram:- You know Rittika....do you really think even if she is sorry.....she would admit it?

He reminded Anuj of Rittika's nature knowing very well that even if Rittika is sorry....she won't admit. However, he himself was doubtful that whether she feels any remorse or not about what she did because everytime they have talked about it.....it had ended up in him comforting her for what Vanraj did ignoring the fact that Rittika was equally responsible for it.

Vikram:- It's in the past Anuj and it's been a long time since then...

He said wiping that thought from his mind for now and focusing on Anuj.

Anuj stood up from the couch and walked to the window in anger thinking Vikram was brushing the entire matter under the rug.

Anuj:- If you have already made up your mind that it's in the past and it is of no consequence now.....then why are we even discussing it?

He spoke displeased at Vikram's behaviour and Vikram realised that Anuj has misunderstood the whole thing.

Vikram:- Because I want to make sure that the two most important people in my life don't end up hating each other.

He expressed his fear and finally it came to Anuj that it isn't about Rittika or what she did....but Vikram who doesn't want to choose between his family.

Anuj:- I don't hate Rittika...Bunty.

He said trying to relieve him of the stress.

Vikram:- I know you don't....I just want you to talk things out with her.

He replied walking upto him.

Hearing the concern in his voice, Anuj turned around and placed his hand over Vikram's shoulder assuring him that whatever happens....he would not put him in a position where he has to choose.

Anuj:- Bunty.....listen to me....I don't hate Rittika and never will....she is my family too. I just need some time to wrap my mind around everything....okay?

Vikram:- Okay..

Anuj:- Give me some time....trust me.....I will sort things out with her.

He promised and Vikram smiled in response.

Vikram:- You better....

He warned and Anuj nodded in assurance tapping his shoulders.

Anuj:- Can I ask you something?

He asked not sure if he should go on or not.

Vikram:- Yeah...

On receiving a nod from Vikram, Anuj spoke reluctantly.

Anuj:- Does Anu know about Rittika and Vanraj?

She does.

A voice answered in response that certainly didn't belong to Vikram.

That's it for this part.

Hope you like it.....

The next part will be updated tomorrow.

Please vote and share...and do leave your thoughts about the part in the comment section ❤️

Thank you ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1.7K 29
STORY ABOUT TWO BROKEN PEOPLE, ANUPAMA JOSHI AND ANUJ KAPADIA!! ONE WHO IS AFRAID TO FALL IN LOVE AGAIN!! AND THE OTHER ONE WHO IS HAPPY WITH HIS ON...
27.5K 1.7K 31
VOTE for all chapters. Fanfiction based on Star Plus's Anupama. A world where angst between MaAn is not overstretched. Hopefully what is overstretch...
1.2K 131 4
It's a story about Anuj n Anupama's college dating life and how they grow together in each step of their life with themselves and their family. 🫶
67.6K 3.2K 49
It's a story of broken maan who are away from each other physically but not emotionally because they know they can Survive being away from each other...