I Love You... In Every Univer...

By EreMikaheart

SPOILER WARNING: What if in an alternative universe, after Eren's death, he replaces Founder Ymir Fritz and b... More

1. I Hate You!
2. See you later, Eren
3. I Wish I could See You Again...
4. To You, In 2,000 Years (Season 1 First Chapter)
5. That Day
6. A Dim Light Amid Despair
7. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
8. First Battle
9. The World the Girl Saw
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Scar
16. Primal Desire
17. Can't Look Into His Eyes Yet
18. Special Operations Squad
19. What Needs to be Done Now
20. Female Titan
21. Forest of Giant Trees
22. Bite
23. Erwin Smith
24. Crushing Blow
25. The Defeated
27. Mercy
28. Wall (Season 1 last Chapter)
29. Beast Titan (Season 2 First Chapter)
30. I'm Home
31. Southwestward
32. Soldier
33. Historia
34. Warrior
35. Close Combat
36. The Hunters
37. Opening
38. Children
39. Charge
40. Scream (Season 2 Last Chapter)
41. Smoke Signal (Season 3 First Chapter)
42. Pain
43. Old Story
44. Trust
45. Reply
46. Sin
47. Wish
48. Outside the Walls of Orvud District
49. Ruler of the Walls
50. Friends
51. Bystander
52. Night of the Battle to Retake the Wall (Part 1 Last Chapter)
53. The Town Where Everything Began (Part 2 First Chapter)
54. Thunder Spears
55. Descent
56. Perfect Game
57. Hero
58. Midnight Sun
59. The Basement
60. That Day
61. Attacking Titan
62. The Other Side of the Wall (Season 3 Last Chapter)
63. The Other Side of the Sea (Season 4 First Chapter)
64. Midnight Train
65. The Door of Hope
66. From One Hand to Another
67. Declaration of War
68. War Hammer Titan
69. Assault
70. Assassin's Bullet
71. Brave Volunteers
72. A Sound Argument
73. Counterfeit
74. Guides
75. Children of the Forest
76. Hurt
77. Sole Salvation
78. Above and Below (Part 1 Last Chapter)
79. Judgement (Part 2 First Chapter)
80. Sneak Attack
81. Two Brothers
82. Memories of the Future
83. From You, 2000 Years Ago
84. Melting
85. Morning of the End
86. Care (Part 2 Last Chapter)
87. Regrets (Part 3 First Chapter)
88. Battle of Heaven and Earth
89. Precious
90. Over (Part 3 Last Chapter)
91. Home (Part 4 First Chapter)
92. Handcuffs
93. Lost
94. Understand
95. Good Old Days
96. Dreams
97. I Love You... I Love You in Every Universe
98. Face Your Fears, Eren Yeager
99. The Ending We Deserve (Part 4 Last Chapter)
100. To You, 2000 Years Later (Part 5 First Chapter)
101. A Long Dream
102. Towards the Tree on That Hill
103. Just the Two of Us
104. 2000 Years Apart (Final Chapter)

26. Smile

382 7 5
By EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.
.

In a forest, there were several freestanding punching bags, dirtied and gray.

"Keep it up, Annie!" Mr. Leonhart said.

Annie kicked the punching bags, arms up in a guard position.

"That's my daughter!" Mr. Leonhart complemented.

She stopped, breathing deeply.

"What are you doing?" He demanded. "Don't stop!"
.
.
.

Annie woke up slowly with that dream. Birds were chirping outside the window.
.
.

In Wall Sina, people were talking about Eren.

"Huh? Didn't you hear?" A man said. "The Titan boy and his companions were summoned by the king."
.

In Stohess district, the same topic was on discussion among the crowd.

"They'll be passing through the city today." A brown-haired man said.

"I see." A man with the glasses replied. "He's gonna wind up getting dissected for sure this time."

Two other men stood a small distance away and a third was holding a newspaper behind them, eavesdropping.

"Either way," The first man said. "I just hope things work out so they'll seal the gates."

A man nearby was shaking as he overhead them. The bag in his hand dropped to the ground.

"What?" The man shouted, walking toward them, disbelieving, wearing a golden accessory around his neck. "Did you just say seal the gates?" He grabbed the first man from his shoulder. "Do you want to further defile our goddesses with lowly human meddling?!"

The brown-haired man gasped, noticing the thick, golden band necklace with the outline of three women that the fanatic wore.

"Maria! Rose! Sina! How dare you even suggest desecrating our three sacred goddesses?!" The fanatic said, raising his arms up, a crazed look on his face.

A group of four had surrounded him, listening reverently.

"He's one of those crazies who worship the Walls as gods." The man with glasses said and put his hand on his friend's shoulder. "Just ignore him."

"I see." His friends replied, turning away. "Those freaks still exist..."

"It's the Walls!" The fanatic continued to screech. "The Walls and nothing else are our protectors.

"Damn." The brown-haired man cursed, walking away.
.
.

In the Military Police Brigade Branch Office, Annie arrived. Other MP recruits including Jean and Marco were standing against the wall in silence, arms behind their backs.

"You're finally up." Hitch said. "You looked so scary in your sleep nobody dared to wake you up. Sorry, Annie."

"You've been slacking off a lot recently." Marlo said, not looking at them.

Annie stood silent, not looking like she was paying any attention.

"What? Are you mad?" Hitch asked. "How are we supposed to get along?"

"You should leave her be." Jean suggested. "She doesn't talk much."

"Oh, I get it. So you like her? I wonder what you see in her." Hitch said.

"Whatever you say..." Jean replied, rolling his eyes.

After a few moments, a MP officer walked in.

The recruits saluted as one.

"Don't bother." the MP officer said.

Hitch, Jean and Annie dropped their hands. Marlo didn't.

"Today you'll be doing something other than your usual chores." The MP said, reading from some papers. "That's why I ordered you to assemble here." He continued. "A unit from the Survey Corps has been summoned by the king."

Annie finally showed mild interest.

"They're passing through the city's main street today. Escorting them to the capital is Military Police HQ's responsibility, so we only need to accompany them as they pass through town. The use of 3D maneuver gear will be temporarily permitted within city limits." The MP explained.

"You will guard the convoy in tandem with their own security. You'll travel by barge to the mission starting point."

Marlo placed his arms behind his back.

"May I ask a question?" Marlo said.

"Hm? What is it?"

"What are we protecting the convoy from?"

The MP officer looked up with tired, disinterested eyes.

"I'm unaware of any people within this Wall who'd oppose the monarchy. Even if we've overlooked some petty criminals." Marlo explained. "Truly organized opposition would be unimaginable, unless they had a stronghold outside the Wall. Why would anyone even try such a thing in the first place?"

"Oh, well aren't you clever? I'm putting you in charge." the MP officer said and tapped the stack of paper against Marlo's chest. "The details are all here."

He released the stack. Marlo gaped as their superior went to a closed door across from them. He paused at the door.

"We officers are really busy. You can handle this yourselves." He said and opened the door. "Just don't screw it up."

Four other MP soldiers were sitting around a table, drinking, smoking, and playing cards.

"Sorry for the wait, guys." The MP asked. "Where were we? Whose turn is it?"

Marlo stood there, gaping. "Those damn bastards!"

'I regret joining the MPs...' Jean thought, looking at the scene infront of him.
.

The MP recruits were hanging around a fountain in the middle of a courtyard.

"Well, the Military Police is even more rotten than I imagined. That's why I picked being an MP," Hitch said, hands on her hips. "But still... They force us rookies to handle everything. I didn't expect that."

"Scumbags. They can't think of anything but themselves. Screw them..." Marlo cursed.

"Well, we can't do anything anyways." Jean said, passing by. "We joined the MPs so we are no better."

Marlo scowled at him before answering, "I'm not the same. I'm not scum like you guys." He placed his fists on his hips. "I came here to correct the Military Police!"

"Impressive, Marlo!" Hitched clapped. "So that's how you roll?"

"And how will you do that?" Jean asked.

"I'll have to work my way to the top. When I'm in charge, I will enforce the rules and punish corruption. It's that simple." Marlo said with determination. "I'll make the Military Police a place for normal people again. That's all. The way humans are meant to be!"

Annie kept silent and blank-faced.

Hitch fell to her knees, laughing. "You're the real deal! Here I thought you were a total bore!" She clutched her stomach, slapping the ground. "So sorry!"

"You are like someone I know..." Jean muttered.

"I wonder..." Annie finally spoke, grabbing their attention. "If a 'good person' like you controlled the system, that'd be the end for us, I think."

"What? You can actually speak?" Marlo said.

"I think you're right. You say all the correct things. I know another person much like you." Annie replied, recalling Eren's speech. "You need a lot of courage to go against the greater flow. I can respect that. But that doesn't mean you're not an idiot."

"Maybe it's just that the other person you know is an idiot. I'm different from him!" Marlo declared.
.
.

"The convoy will pass through the outer gate in forty-five minutes." Marlo said, leading the group, walking along the canal. "Once we're there, everyone confirm your designated positions." He looked over his shoulder at them. "Got it?"

"Yeah, yeah." Hitched said and lifted her arms, stretching.

Marlo stopped and she ended up running into him.

"Hey!"

A few yards before them, three MP soldiers were standing near a large crate with a unicorn logo. A man stood on a boat near them, watching them.

"What's going on? Aren't those ours?" Hitch asked, shielding her eyes.

"They must be taking them to the Inner District." Jean said.

"Even so," Marlo said. "having the merchants involved is unusual. What are they..."

The merchant handed them a bag that clinked, clearly full of coins.

Marlo grew furious. "They're selling our emergency backups on the black market?!"

He started walking toward them but Jean grabbed his arm, stopping him.

"Hey!" Jean said. "Don't act like an idiot. You might get in trouble." He removed his hand. "If you want to change the system then it's not a way."

Marlo just groaned and looked down.

"May be... You are right." Marlo said then looked at Annie. "That guy you know... That idiot you mentioned earlier... Would he have confronted them?"

"May be." Annie replied.

"Then I'm also a piece of trash caught up in the world like you said earlier, right?"

"Who knows?" Annie replied. "But isn't that what normal human beings do? I don't care if I'm swept along by the flow, as long as I'm still considered a human."
.
.

The innermost gate was open, allowing in carriages led by the Military Police commander. Members of the brigade, including Annie, stood on the sides, fists over their hearts.

After the carriages passed, they jogged after them.

"Annie!" Armin's voice called out softly.

She stood and waited as two soldiers ran by. Then she turned and ran into the alley.

"Hey." Armin said.

He was wearing a coat covering most of his body, hood up.

Annie's eyes grew wide in surprise.

"You're fitting in well with the Military Police." Armin said.

"Armin... What's with that look?" Annie asked.

"I disguised myself as a porter. I'm using this raincoat to hide my 3D maneuver gear." He said then lifted up the long coat to reveal the machinery. "See?"

"What for?"

Armin removed his hood. "Annie, would you assist me in letting Eren escape?"

"Escape to where? Where could you go inside these Walls after disobeying the monarchy?" Annie asked.

"We'd just hide out for a while. We don't intend to go against them head-on. It'll be reported as a rebellion by a portion of the Survey Corps. We need to buy time. Time to collect proof that could overturn the court-martial. We will succeed." Armin explained.

"Overturn the court-martial? Does something so convenient even exist? Any leads?" Annie asked with curiosity.

"Sorry, but I can't say." Armin replied, looking down.

Annie sighed. "I'm sorry too, but I can't help you like this. But I won't say anything either. So good luck with whatever you're doing." She walked away.

"Annie! Please! They're gonna wind up executing Eren!" Armin's words stopped her. "Ignorant people will push humanity down the path of extinction just for personal gain, without even realizing it!" He said passionately. "I know my reasoning isn't all that convincing. But even so... Gambling big is our only chance at this point! Of course, we'll do our utmost to avoid causing trouble for you. But to get through the security inside Wall Sina, help from the Military Police is crucial. We have no other choice."

"Say..." Annie said, looking over her shoulder. "Do I look like such a good person to you?"

"A good person? Well, I don't like that term." Armin said. "To me, it seems like the meaning of 'good person' is really a person who's good for you. In that sense, I don't think any individual can be 'good' in everyone's eyes. So if you don't help us... Then, in my eyes, you'd be a bad person, right?"

Annie looked at him silently before glancing down. She removed her rifle, holding it before her, then sitting it against the wall.

"Fine." Annie replied.

Armin gasped, gaze shifting to the side. With her back to him, she slipped on a ring.

"I'm in." Annie said.
.
.

Mikasa, Eren and Armin were walking in the empty street, hoods on with Annie in the lead.

"We made it through more easily than I expected." Eren said quietly. "That's the Military Police for you. You can tell how hard they work."

He continued. "Let's just hope they don't discover Faye's taken my place." He looked down. "Too bad she had to cut her hair..."
.

Faye was sitting in a carriage of the MPs with short hair, looking uncomfortable.
.

"Hey, if I didn't agree to help, how were you planning to get over the Wall?" Annie asked.

"We were going to use the 3D maneuver gear to break through," Armin answered.

"That's reckless. Wouldn't it have been less troublesome to escape before you reached Stohess?" Annie replied. "Why here? Why now?"

"I thought the dense layout of the urban area would give us a better shot at swapping Faye for Eren,." Armin explained. "Plus, pretending to follow obediently instead of opposing them outright will buy us more time to flee."

"I see." Annie said. "That makes sense."

Eren and Mikasa looked at each other.
.

"There it is!" Armin said and veered off to the right.

They ran toward an entrance plunging into darkness.

Annie approached it, looking at the stairs going underground. "Here?"

"Yeah. We'll go through here. It's the abandoned remains of an underground city they planned long ago." Armin replied, going down first and his friends followed. "This leads as far as the outer gate."

"Really? That's amazing." Eren said then stopped and looked behind him. "Annie? What are you doing? You're not about to tell us you're scared of cramped, dark places, are you?"

"In fact, I am afraid." Annie replied. "I doubt a brave, borderline-suicidal guy like you could possibly understand the feelings of a frail girl like me."

"I don't think someone like you can call herself a 'frail girl'. Eren said, continuing to descend the stairs. "Stop joking and let's get moving!"

Armin and Mikasa followed.

"No, I'm not going that way." Annie replied "It scares me. If we don't travel above ground, I won't help."

"What are you even saying?" Eren said. "Get down here already!"

"Eren, don't shout." Mikasa said.

"It shouldn't be an issue, right, Mikasa?" Annie said, looking around. "For some reason, there haven't been any people nearby for a while now."
.

Scouts were hiding on the rooftops. Some were hidden in the alley behind Annie, dressed in civilian clothes and a few more watched her from around the corner.
.

"Honestly," Annie said. "I'm hurt. When did you start looking at me with those eyes, Armin?"

Armin was holding a flare gun in his trembling hands, hidden fron her view.

"Annie Why?" Armin asked. "Why did you killed those two Titans we captured alive?"

"Who knows?" Annie replied.

"I knew it was you when you didn't kill me back then." Armin said.

"Yeah." Annie replied, finally turned to them. "I'm pretty sure you're right. I never expected you to corner me like this. Back then... Why... I wonder..."

Then silence fell upon them. The wind blew, ruffling Annie's hair.

"Hey, Annie!" Eren said, moving up a step. "There's still a chance that you've just got a sick sense of humor and you're just going along with whatever Armin says because you're an idiot." He went up a few more steps. "So get down here now! If you come underground, that alone proves something! Come on and prove it!"

"I can't go down there." Annie said. "I've failed...to become a warrior."

"It's not a time to joke Annie!" Eren yelled.

"Tell us, Annie!" Armin joined in. "We can still talk-"

"That's enough!" Mikasa said, stepping up. She tossed her coat. "I can't listen to another word of this." She pulled out her blade. "It's pointless. I'll tear you apart once again... Female Titan!" Mikasa glared at her with a dangerous look on her face.

Then Annie began to laugh. The trio simply watched as she continued to laugh.

After some moments, she finally stopped.

"Armin, I'm glad I could be a good person for you." Annie said. "Your gamble paid this time. But this is...where my gamble begins!" She said madly and brought up her hand.

Amin immediately fired the flare gun and a group of people ran toward her.

Many Scouts in civilian clothes suddenly rushed at her from every direction, surrounding her.

One of them used a white strip to gag her before she could bite down on her tongue.

"Eren!" Mikasa yelled and put up her hand and stopped him as he attempted to approach them.

Glaring, Annie revealed the blade in her ring.

Mikasa gasped and yanked the two further down the stairs.

"Mikasa!" Armin cried out.

"We were too late!" Mikasa said, glancing back to see Annie staring down at them.

Annie swiped her thumb over the blade and droplets of blood squirted out.

Then blue lightning struck and the explosion sent men and women and rocks flying.

Civilians watched the massive blue light in the distance in shock as they were escorted by the military.

'I have to go... Without accomplishing my mission...'

____________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 6 17
after Eren dies Ymir gives him a second chance to restart life and be with Mikasa
71.6K 1.3K 21
MANGA SPOILERS: I know a lot of people have already written fan fictions on this topic but this one will be different. After Mikasa killed Eren, Ere...
28.4K 581 60
Spoiler alert! What if in an alternative universe, after Mikasa frees Ymir from her pain of love, Ymir decided to do the world a favour, as well as g...
6K 158 33
Bringing Eren Yeager back to life, Ymir connects him to Mikasa. Allowing them to feel each other's physical pains. Forced to run away from Erens cho...