INFINITY

By Lady_Luna_Latteton

Alyona Ivanov-Stark is your typical deranged and two face friend. An Avenger with a life of... Well, a villai... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
062
SPECIAL CHAPTER
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
075
076
077
078
079
080
081
082
083
084
085
086
087
088
089
SPECIAL CHAPTER [1/2]
090
091
092
093.5
093
094
095
096
098
099
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
[SPECIAL CHAPTER 2/2]
112
113
CHARACTER PROFILE
114

097

53 2 7
By Lady_Luna_Latteton

KIM DOKJA'S POINT OF VIEW

I remembered Han Myungoh boasting about a private yacht at his Maldives villa. He had said this: "The propeller cutting through the water was like a highway on the sea". Now I knew what that feeling was like. If Director Han's boat on the ocean was like the Gyeongbu Expressway then I was currently on the Autobahn.

"It is amazing," Yoo Sangah, Alyona, and I rode on the back of the queen and watched the ripples of Han River with fascination, Alyona was currently napping. As if testing her control, Shin Yoosung led the queen straight through the group of ichthyosaurs. Now Han River had become a safe zone and it was preferable to disembark near Yongsan-gu.

The ichthyosaurs swam after Queen Mirabad like ducklings following their mother. I closed my eyes and felt the cool air against my face. This was a genuine feeling, It was a luxury I wouldn't have enjoyed if the world had remained the same. Shin Yoosung kept mumbling on the queen's head to sync their spirits. 

Yoo Sangah watched Shin Yoosung and spoke with a complicated voice. "By the way, Dokja-ssi. If Yoosung becomes stronger now then won't her future self be stronger as well?" I thought she would ask something like this. "I don't think so," According to the original novel, the disaster that would come was the Shin Yoosung of the 'future of different regressions.' 

She was betrayed by Yoo Jonghyuk and abandoned outside the world, She lost her sense of time and wandered the universe. Then she became part of the scenarios due to the Star Stream's blessing and she became a 'disaster' of past scenarios. Yoo Sangah raised a question. "Then why will the future disaster be stopped if the current Yoosung dies? If the branch is completely different..."

"Have you heard of the Disconnected Film theory?" I can feel Alyona jostle a little, Oh-ho, would you look at that? She's awake all along. "...No." I watched the water and caressed Alyona's head gently. "Put simply, it is like this. Let's assume that the history of Yoosung from the first world is a film."

"Film... are you talking about the film for movies?" I nodded and continued. "Assuming that this world is film one, there must be countless films of the other worlds, right? There could be two films and there could also be 34 films."

"I see, Is that right?" She stared at me as I talked. "What happens when one of the films, with the front broken, sticks to the back of the first film? For example, what if the ripped 34th film sticks to the back of the first film? What do you think will happen if the film is played?" Yoo Sangah seemed troubled for a moment. 

"Then the movie would change along the way... ah, Wait a minute. The two stories will never affect each other?" I nodded with a subtle smile, "That's right." She looks down with a wistful face, "Ah... Yoosung is currently in such a situation. The present Yoosung is from the first film while the disaster Yoosung is from the 34th film. The two stories are completely independent and any changes in our world can't affect the disaster." 

Yoo Sangah was truly smart, "Still, the question remains. Shouldn't the disaster remain if the current Yoosung is killed?" Alyona sighed and sat, "The contents of the film don't affect each other but the two films are connected." Alyona said now fully facing Yoo Sangah, "Huh?" Yoo Sangah asked, still blurred by the question.

"What if the front of the film is set on fire?" Yoo Sangah shouted after realizing. "The rear film... will be on fire as well." Alyona nodded with a closed-eye smile, "The two world lines were connected. If the present Yoosung dies, the future Yoosung would also die. However, any changes to the present Yoosung wouldn't change the future Yoosung. That ambiguous paradox was at the heart of this disaster." Alyona added more.

"Dokja-ssi and Alyona-ssi really know a lot. I've heard of parallel cosmology but I've never heard such a theory before." I awkwardly nodded. Of course, she wouldn't know it. It was a theory that the author of Ways of Survival created. As far as I knew, the laws of Ways of Survival had never been ruined. "Well, I'm smart that's a given. Did you know that in my universe my dad and I figured out time travel?"

Oh, there goes her boasting again. "Really?" Yoo Sangah had a look of amazement. "Yeah, I even help to build the machine so we can go back in the past to retrieve one very important item... " Yoo Sangah had a look of amazement. "My father was known to be genius, playboy, billionaire, and philanthropist..."

"Oh, you must be so smart too Alyona-ssi..." I snorted hearing that, "Are trying to imply I'm dumb?" Alyona turned to me, "N-no, What I mean is..." Alyona hit my arm with enraged eyes. "Then what are you implying?" I laughed out loud, this is one of the things that push her buttons down.

"No, I used to be an agent for HYDRA until I was out of my brainwashed state and was adopted by him..." Yoo Sangah nodded, "What is HYDRA?" Alyona sighed and waved her hand. "a stupid organization... The question is do you know the Avengers?" She shook her head and stared at Alyona.

"It was our earth's mightiest hero... And I'm one of them," Alyona smiled and stared at the moving waters. "We saved our universe, countless times. And then everything just changes, some retired some left, some just... gone." Yoo Sangah nodded, "Alyona-ssi is a hero yes?" Alyona scoffed and giggled.

"I don't call myself that, As soon as I became Tony Stark's adopted daughter I was already expected to be one of the earth's mightiest heroes, yet I don't act one..." Alyona looked at me and smiled, "I'm more on it for the thrill..." I sighed and look at her. She wasn't suited to be called one she says, then here she is.

After a while, the water of the Han River calmed down. We finally arrived at the other side of the Han River. The queen dropped us off and then disappeared into Han River again. Shin Yoosung sighed like all the tension had been released. "...How was I?" Alyona patted her head, "Are you asking? Well done."

"Yes," Shin Yoosung's expression changed, She was pleased with receiving praise. Now there was nobody left to praise the child. "That's my girl... Keep up the good work hun." Then I felt a fierce hostility coming from the buildings of Yongsan-gu. A huge shadow came out from the shadows of the building.

...A giant praying mantis? The boy on top of the praying mantis looked down at me. "Dokja-Hyung, Alyona-Noona?" Lee Gilyoung was wearing a snapback and Han Donghoon with headphones. Lee Gilyoung slid down the praying mantis and rushed into my arms. Lee Gilyoung's snapback fell off his head.

It was a reunion after one week, Then a message popped up on my smartphone. It was from Han Donghoon.

It is good to see you, Hyung.

"Shouldn't you say it is nice to meet me after a long time?"

I don't want to. It's nice seeing you and Noona though...

Alyona smiled at Donghoon and waved, the said boy blushed and hid in her sight. Shin Yoosung stuck between me and Alyona, and Lee Gilyoung run to us and envelope Alyona's waist into a hug. "How's my boy?" Alyona picked the kid up and carried him. "That's my new pet!" Alyona look at the giant praying mantis and smiled.

"Alyona-noona, you promise you'd give me a gift once you returned right?" Lee Gilyoung had puppy eyes as Alyona stared at him. "Did I?" Alyona teased the kid, Lee Gilyoung's pout became cuter, "Of course, I'll give it to you later..." Shin Yoosung somehow senses rivalry and stuck to Alyona's waist. "I'm a good kid right Unni?"

I laughed seeing this, would it feel like this if we have kids? I coughed as soon as that thought enters my mind. Goodness, I'm already thinking that when I don't want to even get married? "Alyona-ssi is exceptionally good with kids," Yoo Sangah said beside me. "Yeah," I smiled proudly as she appease both kids. "She'll make a good mother," I choked on air after hearing that.

***

Lee Gilyoung and Shin Yoosung had a war of nerves as soon as they met. Lee Gilyoung's hair was moving like it was an antenna while Shin Yoosung kept touching her hair. "Ahjussi, Noona, that boy keeps glaring at me." Alyona look down at the girl and sighed. "Hyung, who is she?"

It seemed people of a similar type recognized each other. One was a beast master and the other was an insect master. I didn't know if they would fit together, so I asked Lee Gilyoung, "You haven't met Heewon-ssi yet?"

"Yes. However, I know where she is. I sent an insect to look. Heewon-noona is currently in the north." I nodded and smiled at him. "As expected from my boy, He was already searching for the group members without needing to be told." Lee Gilyoung's chest puffed up and smiled brightly, "I'm a good kid that's why..." he boasted and stuck to our side.

By the way, the north was where the King of Wanderers was currently located. Maybe Jung Heewon was in contact with her. "I knew Hyung was coming, I sent a lot of diving beetles." Speaking of which, the bugs on Lee Gilyoung's head had increased. There had only been a cockroach before... Shin Yoosung frowned like it was disgusting. 

I checked the power of the party and concluded. "It is better to stay here for two days. Raise your skill levels as high as possible and collect coins in your spare time. Take care of your overall stats. Ah, Yoo Sangah-ssi." Yoo Sangah look at me,"Yes."

"Did you contact your family?" Yoo Sangah's face suddenly darkened, It seemed that she hadn't contacted them yet. "Donghoon," Han Donghoon kept his headphones on and nodded silently. Han Donghoon had Wide-area Internet as a skill. In other words, it was possible to communicate with the outside world.

Yoo Sangah's smartphone rang and there was a message that it was connected to the Internet. Yoo Sangah looked down like she doubted her eyes before staring at me tearfully. I nodded and continued. "Please tell your family of this situation, Once this scenario is over, the outside of Seoul will no longer be a safe zone," Alyona said to her.

"What will happen?" Alyona shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know what will happen. Just tell them to be prepared. That is enough for now." I finished Alyona's explanation. "Dokja-ssi, don't you have to contact anyone?" I look at her and shook my head, "I'm fine."

"But..." Alyona snorted, "He isn't." Alyona looked at me with a knowing look. "My family is in Seoul," Yoo Sangah look at me and gaped like a fish. "Seoul? Then..." Alyona shook her head at me. "They are safe," I silently stared towards the north. Then the system message arrived like it had been waiting.

[Someone has dealt with the Disaster of Water in the north.]

The King of Wanderers had finished her work safely, There was only one disaster left. It was the Disaster of Floods. "Why do you keep insisting they're alright?" I stop my ministrations and look at her. "Whatever you're talking about," She shrugged and continuously do her own thing. "I wanna cuddle..."

I look at her like she was insane, "What are you, 9?" she gasped and look at me with bewildered eyes. "Last time we cuddle, you don't want me to even leave you..." Shin Yoosung and Lee Gilyoung watch our bickering. "I was tired," Alyona deadpanned at me and shook her head. "And I'm tired too..." I groaned in displeasure and pulled her down on me.

"Oh, my handsome want to cuddle yes~" She giggled like a maniac, "You're the one who wanted to-" before I had the chance to continue my words, Shin Yoosung hug Alyona on her side. Followed by Lee Gilyoung on mine. "Oh, are you guys sleepy?" The two kids nodded and stuck closer to us. "I'm sleeping bye..."

Alyona put her head on my chest and dozes off, amazing how she can just sleep like that. Then, after all, she needs it the most, Soon after the drowsiness reach me and I was knocked out cold with the kids. I didn't even realize the fatigue that enveloped my whole body. 

***

The bright energy sword made a faint sound as it was raised in the air. It struck dozens of energy blades at once. Blood flowed from Jung Heewon's eyes and scattered through the air. Soon Jung Heewon's sword stopped.

"I think that's it."

Jung Heewon carefully inspected the sword and smiled with satisfaction. The middle-aged woman across from her also smiled faintly.

"Jeon Woochi's technique is amazing."

"Heewon-ssi's kendo is also excellent. You will soon have a sponsor and I might not be a match anymore."

"I'm flattered."

Jung Heewon stared at the woman's blue prison uniform. In the past week, Jung Heewon had been indebted to them. It was a debt that probably couldn't be repaid with the remaining time. A middle-aged woman asked.

"Do you really not want to join our New Wave group? The king will be delighted if Heewon-ssi joins."

"I'm sorry but my companions are waiting."

Jung Heewon raised her hands in an apologetic manner. The middle-aged woman just smiled like it couldn't be helped. The woman already knew who the members of Jung Heewon's party were.

"I hope he knows that Heewon-ssi is this desperate."

"He knows." Jung Heewon looked at the sky with a slightly disgruntled expression. "Somehow, I think he is watching me right now."

...This was why I didn't want her knowing about Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. In any case, Jung Heewon seemed to be growing well. I was worried since her character hadn't seen the light in the original book. 

But I was glad my choice was correct and helped her develop things. Alyona sure does have sharp eyes for great people. Then I watched someone else using Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. Unfortunately, there weren't many visible points to determine the person's identity.

...Um? What was this? A familiar face soon appeared on the screen ...It was me? Wait, These people?

"Hey, you." Lee Gilyoung spoke in a ferocious voice. "Stay away from my mama and papa."

Then Shin Yoosung, who was lying next to Alyona, replied, "What if I don't want to? they're my mama and papa now too..."

"This mongrel..."

"Don't talk to me, you worm bastard."

Lee Gilyoung was stunned, The cockroach and other bugs moved wildly on his head. Lee Gilyoung barely regained his composure.

"Hyung hates kids like you."

"I know who Ahjussi likes."

"...You know who Hyung likes? of course it's Alyona-noona?"

"She look for me and told me I'm special..."

Lee Gilyoung laughed. "Unni? Think you're special? My grasshopper is the key to why we survived, she even said I'm a good kid..!"

"How can you say that?"

"I've been with Hyung and Noona for a long time. I'm their child first!" Alyona shifted in her sleep and cuddled closer to my body... "You're waking her up!" Alyona sighed and opened her eyes. "Why are the both of you awake? Go to sleep you naughty kids..." 

The both of them glared at each other before snuggling closer to us...」

I barely managed to wake up as the terrible conversation began, I hurriedly looked around and saw Lee Gilyoung and Shin Yoosung sleeping with their heads leaning on something. ...Did I see wrongly? Was it just a dream?

"Dokja-ssi, what's wrong?" I shook my head at Yoo Sangah's question. It must be a dream. I was just lying back down when I heard a whisper from somewhere.

'Hey, bug. Come to think of it, you hugged Ahjussi and Unni earlier?'

'...'

'Are you a baby? Do you like old people?'

It wasn't a dream, Alyona was still asleep on top of me like a baby...

"Excuse me... aren't you sleeping? Your Alyona-Unni was awakened earlier..." Yoo Sangah warned. Then the surroundings became silent and the children's snoring started soon afterwards. I sighed and look at the three sleeping forms in my body.

Then a growling stomach soon reverberated around, "Dokja-ah, why do you smell so good?" Alyona chewed on my neck. "The kids are here..." She didn't respond however and continued snoring. Guess she's sleep talking, I ignored it and went back to sleep myself...

***

After waking up, Alyona was still asleep and snoring lightly. I move her head on my coat after I remove it. "Hyung, can I stay with noona?" I shook my head in disagreement. "No you go with your hyung and I'll stay with Alyona-ssi..." Yoo Sangah placed a bow of shredded meat beside Alyona and shooed the two unwilling kids away...

After that, the kids and I went on monster hunting and gained coins, and leveled up our stats. When we came back Alyona was gone, "She said she'd be back by night..." Ah, she went on her way. "We left 30 minutes you guys left... She said she needs more time and I go back on my own..."

The night went on and after dinner, the two kids slept beside Yoo Sangah while I wait for Alyona to return. After two hours of waiting, she landed silently beside me. "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting handsome... I was searching for the meteorite of the last disaster..." I nodded at her and sighed.

"You didn't-" She giggled and cut me off, "I did not, I merely traveled through and use my other skills..." She bit down at the food in front of her and look at me, "This reminds me of the days we spent in your penthouse..." the words just escape my mouth. "Yeah, back then I was just stressing out how to handle this shit..."

I laughed at her choice of words, "You eat so messy," I wiped her mouth with the towel on her suitcase... "When I went home... I visited my family." I stopped my ministration and look at any emotions on her face. "Said my final goodbye and left..." She never really talked about her family to me.

"How about you, don't you feel worried about your mom?" I shook my head and look away, "Hey, I know I'm not in the place to tell you what you should do nor feel... But at least try to listen to her reasons." I leaned my head on her shoulder and nodded. "It's hard to forgive yes, but sometimes it is what our souls need. To lead a life full of sorrow is equally tantalizing as dying without meaning."

She laughed and patted my head, "I read that somewhere on the internet." I chuckled on her shoulder and inhaled her scent. So, this is how to be in love. To have someone care and love you, "Alyona, you mean the world to me..." She smiled at me and pecked my lips. "Hopefully, someday I can boast around saying that..." 

***

[The sub-scenario – Survival Activities has ended.]

Two days flew by in a flash, Everyone heard the system message as they woke up and got ready. It was a long but short scenario. Then a message from Bihyung arrived. It was a number. Bihyung spoke again.

[9,421]

[9,513.]

'What?'

[Don't you understand? 9,611.]

I noticed right away what the number was. At that time, I made a '10,000' promise.

[The constellations who love the Korean peninsula are nervous about the number of subscribers left.]

I asked Bihyung, 'Did you do what I told you?'

[...I did but I don't know if it will be any good. In any case, I wish you luck. 9,781.]

The swirling Great Hall in the sky showed an unusual omen. There was a thunderstorm and the intermittent sound of thunder was heard. Then an intermediate dokkaebi appeared in the air.

"Everyone, you have been waiting a long time." The intermediate dokkaebi looked gaunt, He had probably been suffering from the bureau. "Did you enjoy the survival activities? The scenario that you have been waiting for will finally begin. There were some disruptions but... yes, well. It will be a fun scenario to look forward to."

He looked at me and the incarnations and continued speaking in a disgruntled tone. "You have stopped four of the five disasters. I fully acknowledge your accomplishments. But do you know? The other four were just child's play compared to the last disaster."

The faces of the people became tense. He was right, None of the other disasters could compare to the Disaster of Floods. "Depending on the success of this scenario, everything that you have done so far might go away and everything will be over. Frankly, the odds of that happening are over 90%. Fortunately, there are those who commiserate with you."

I formed tight fists, It was finally starting. The last event before the fifth scenario started. "Then, from now on I will start the second Sponsor Selection." Alyona grasped my hand, "You realize the stones are willing to annihilate this universe if I ever got a sponsor right?" I smiled and nodded at her. "Everything's under control..." She smiled at me subtly and sighed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 4.1K 49
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
597K 30.2K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
112K 900 20
|𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑| ~•𝐉𝐮𝐣𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧•~ ~•𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬•~ ~•𝐘/𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚...
167K 4.8K 65
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...