Even More Protective Colby

By JaiMcc

Part 3-You know the drill ;) More

Alone
My Little Cheerleader
Something To Protect
Always
The Deal
What Really Happened
Did What I Had To
Nothing Without You
Protect Your Heart
Sam and Colby vs. The World
A/N
Choose Yourself
A/N Please Read!!!
Lost Love
As Long As I'm Around
One True Friend
The Empath
Until The End
Until We Meet Again
Until We Meet Again (Alternate Ending)
A Price Paid
Forever Grateful
Don't Leave Me
I'll Always Come Back
The Power Of Love
Let Me Love You
Unbreakable
Crazy In Love
Annoucement!
Part 1: No Matter What
Part 2: No Good Deed
Part 3: Everything I Have
MINE
Not This Time
Never Over
Carry On
Brotherly Bond
Riled Up
Stay Close
Best Part Of Me
Onward and Upward
The Beginning Of The End
Whatever It Takes
The Answer
You Don't Know Crazy
Paranoid?
For Love
The Countdown
The Choice
The Consequences
Lingering
Loud And Clear
Under Pressure
Face Your Phobia
At All Costs

The Promise

659 15 9
By JaiMcc

Shoutout to @changlixisreal0905 for the oneshot request/idea! :)

Sam quietly walked down the hall to his locker, putting away his textbooks. Sam dreaded the end of the school day, because he had to deal with Dylan Sanchez, a fellow senior who had been bullying him since the beginning of the year. 

It was moments like this when Sam wished Colby was still here. Colby was super smart and so he had skipped freshman year and went right to sophomore year. Colby had graduated last year from Blue Valley High, Sam didn't graduate until next year. Colby had almost refused to skip a year because it meant that he and Sam wouldn't graduate together, but Sam had assured him it was okay. Sam wanted Colby to take this opportunity if it was something he really wanted to do.

When the final bell rang, Sam decided to sneak out a different exit to avoid Dylan and his friends. Sam hoisted his book bag onto his back and discreetly made his way to the exit at the other end of the school. Sam walked home, so he didn't have to worry about catching a bus. Sam took a quick look out the doors of the school to make sure the coast was clear and then made his way towards the sidewalk. Sam thought he had made it, but he was suddenly yanked by his book bag and thrown against the brick wall of the school.

"Where do you think you're going, Golbach?" asked Dylan. "Were you trying to avoid me? That's rude!"

Dylan punched Sam in the stomach. Sam hunched over in pain, as he looked up, Dylan punched him straight in the eye. When Sam fell to the ground, Dylan and his friends continued to beat Sam up, not caring about the groans of pain coming from the boy. Dylan had tried to deliver a final punch when someone caught his fist mid air. Jake Webber. 

Jake and Corey were two of Sam's roommates and good friends. They stepped between Sam and Dylan.

Dylan laughed. " You're off the hook this time Golbach. See you on Monday."

Jake and Corey stayed in front of Sam, waiting until Dylan and his friends were a good distance away from the school. Jake and Corey quickly and gently helped Sam up.

"Sam, are you okay?" asked Corey.

" That's a stupid question Corey," said Jake. "Of course he's not okay."

"Guys stop," said Sam, wincing in pain. There was a bruise beginning to form around his eye. He was for sure gonna have a black eye.

" Sam, why did Dylan beat you up?" asked Jake.

" Because he just does," said Sam.

" How long has this been going on?" asked Corey.

Sam hesitated to tell them, but he was basically caught anyway. There was no hiding it anymore.

" Since the beginning of the year," said Sam.

" The beginning of the year?!" said Jake, shocked. "You mean all of those times you said you got hurt in Track and Field? It was actually Dylan?"

"Yea," said Sam.

" Dude, why didn't you tell us?" asked Corey.

" Cause I knew if you found out, you'd tell Colby," said Sam, " and you can't tell Colby."

" Why not?" asked Corey.

" Because we all know what he's like," said Sam. " Someone would get hurt. I don't want anyone to get hurt."

" Dude, they're bullying you," said Jake. " We have to tell someone."

" No!" said Sam worriedly. " You can't tell anybody. It'll just make the situation worse. Okay? Promise me?"

"Sam," said Jake.

"Promise me," said Sam. "Both of you."

" Okay, I promise," said Corey.

"Me too," said Jake.

"Thank you," said Sam.

" You should've fought back," said Corey.

"Then I'd be no better than him," said Sam.

" Better than taking a beating everyday," said Jake.

" What are you gonna tell Colby when we get back to the house?" asked Corey.

" I'll think of something," said Sam.

Jake and Corey walked slowly the whole way home, helping Sam along. When they reached their house, Sam put up his hood and stepped in the doorway behind Jake and Corey. He tried to hurriedly make his way up to his room, but slowed down as his whole body ached. He had forgotten he was hurt. Sam thought he had made it, but Colby saw that he was home and saw him go into his room.

" Hey Sam," said Colby. " I have to attend this boring alumni dinner next week. Which shirt do you like better?"

Colby was holding up two shirts. This is what he got for having a room right next to Colby's.

Sam stopped in the doorway of his room. He didn't want to turn around, but now he had no choice. He turned around to face Colby.

"Well you can't see with that hood covering your eyes," laughed Colby, as he pulled Sam's hood down and immediately saw his eye. Colby's expression immediately turned to concern. Colby dropped the shirts in his hand.

" Dude, what the fuck happened to your eye?" asked Colby, examining Sam's face.

" It's nothing," explained Sam. "It was my own fault, we were playing dodgeball in gym class and I wasn't paying attention."

" A dodgeball did that?" said Colby. " Who does this kid think he is, Captain America? That sport should be banned if you ask me. Maybe I'll speak to the Phys Ed teacher."

" No!" said Sam. " It's okay, really. I'll just be more careful next time."

" If you're sure," said Colby.

" I am," said Sam. He sent a small smile to Colby. " The red shirt is the best."

Colby smiled at him. " I like your style Sam," he said, returning to his room.

The next day, Sam had left to hang out with his girlfriend Katrina. She was one of the only people that Sam did tell about the bullying, because she went to a different school across town and she rarely ever saw Colby, except when she hung out at their place. He made her promise not to tell as well, Sam didn't want her in the crossfire. The thought of what Dylan could do to her. Better him than Katrina.

"I'm going to Kat's, I'll be back later," said Sam.

"See ya," said Colby.

Once Sam had left, Colby went downstairs to find Jake and Corey watching TV.

"Can you guys do me a favor and tell me which kid decided to use face shots in dodgeball yesterday?" asked Colby.

"What are you talking about?" asked Jake.

" Dodgeball," said Colby. " You guys have Phys Ed. the same period as Sam, did you not see him get hit?"

" Oh yea, right," said Corey. He looked at Jake as they remembered their promise to Sam.

" No, we didn't see who it was," said Jake. " We were...tying our shoes."

" Both of you?" asked Colby.

" Yea, laces are stupid." said Corey.

" O-K," said Colby, confused. " Well, just watch out for him next time, okay?"

" You got it," said Jake.

Colby had found a snack and returned back upstairs to his room when he heard a bing come from Sam's room. Colby set down his plate of food and peeked his head in Sam's door, seeing that Sam had forgotten his phone on his desk. Colby went to take the phone off of Sam's desk to bring it to him, when he had seen the text that had come through on the home screen.

"I can't wait to make that other eye black on Monday," read the text. "Remember if you tell anyone, you're gonna wish you were dead!"

Colby couldn't believe it. He found out the message was from some kid named Dylan Sanchez. Colby remembered him from school, he loved to prey on the nice quiet kids. Colby realized immediately what was happening. Sam hadn't been accidentally hit with a dodgeball, he was being bullied. Colby was furious. He marched right back downstairs to confront Jake and Corey. Jake and Corey sat up quickly as they saw the look on Colby's face when he entered the living room.

" Did you two know?" asked Colby.

" Know what?" asked Jake.

" That this kid named Dylan was bullying Sam?" said Colby.

" Uh, well," said Corey.

" Don't lie to me guys," said Colby furiously. " Did you know?"

" Yea, but we only found out yesterday," said Jake.

" Sam made us promise not to tell you, or anyone else," explained Corey.

" You can't tell him we told you," said Jake.

" Why would he ask you to lie to me?" asked Colby.

" Because he thinks telling you, or anyone will make the situation worse," said Corey.

"Unbelievable," said Colby. " You two are unbelievable."

" Colby, we're sorry," said Jake.

But Colby didn't listen. He stormed back up to his room, fuming. Colby thought about what to do, he knew what Sam meant about telling someone else, he agreed with Sam there. Snitches get stitches, and Colby knew the backlash would be taken out on Sam, but he couldn't sit back and do nothing. He suddenly had a thought. Colby grabbed Sam's phone and texted Dylan back, asking him to meet for a fight at an abandoned barn not far from their house. He knew Dylan would agree, assuming he thought he was actually talking to Sam, and Colby was right, he agreed. Colby immediately deleted the conversation after Dylan replied.

Colby snuck out to the abandoned barn later that night. He waited for Dylan to show up and Colby was disgusted when Dylan didn't even have the guts to show up alone. He had two of his friends with him. They had been prepared to fight three on one. This dude was pathetic.Sam would have been outnumbered.

" Alright Golbach, I'm here," said Dylan. " Come on out, or are you too scared?"

Dylan watched as someone emerged from the other side of the barn, but was surprised to see it wasn't Sam.

"Sorry, Sam's not coming," said Colby.

" What are you doing here Brock?" asked Dylan. "

" You wanted a fight, here I am," said Colby.

" Did Golbach send you because he was too scared to fight me?" asked Dylan proudly.

" You're the one who showed up with two extra people," said Colby.

Dylan huffed in annoyance. " So, Golbach told you, did he?" he said. " I can't wait to beat the shit out of that loser."

" You're done messing with him, '' said Colby.

"You seriously wanna fight me?" laughed Dylan.

" No, I wanna bury you!" said Colby. " But Sam wouldn't want that. You're lucky he's such a nice guy. He'd never hurt anyone. Not even you. Me on the other hand? I'm not so forgiving. I may not be able to bury you, but I'll settle for beating your ass to a pulp."

" Stand back guys," said Dylan to his friends. " I got this one."

Dylan squared up and lunged at Colby who easily dodged Dylan, and swept his feet out from under him. Dylan fell to the ground and groaned in pain. He then stood up, acting like he was fine, but Colby could tell he had walked into this fight thinking he had it in the bag, and was quickly beginning to realize he met his match.

" You know I waited forever for you to leave so I could get to Sam," said Dylan, taunting Colby. "Once you left, he was an easy target."

Colby caught Dylan's fist as he went to punch Colby. Colby instead kneed him in the gut and watched as he stumbled back.

" Dude, you're just digging yourself a bigger hole," said Colby. " There's no shame in throwing in the towel."

" I ain't scared of you Brock," said Dylan, getting up once more.

" When will this guy learn?" thought Colby.

If Dylan refused to hold back, then so did Colby. He easily got the upper hand on Dylan. Colby punched him hard, making sure to give him a black eye just like Sam's, a bloody nose, maybe a potential broken arm, but Colby hadn't decided yet. Once Dylan went down and didn't get back up, Colby knew he had won.

Dylan was choking as he hit the ground hard, the wind getting knocked out of him. He was bleeding from his nose and his breaths were growing short. Colby wiped the blood from his hands. Uninjured, he turned to leave the barn. Dylan's friend's carefully helped him up. Dylan yelled after Colby as he walked towards the barns' exit. Dylan was furious that he had lost.

"You think I care if you beat me in a fight," shouted Dylan. " It won't change anything. If anything, it'll make me beat Sam harder next time."

Colby stopped in his tracks. He turned around and marched right back up to Dylan, grabbing his collar and throwing him against the wooden wall of the barn. Colby took a knife out of his pocket, and held it right near Dylan's eye.

"WHAT THE FUCK MAN?" yelled Dylan.

Dylan's friends were no help. They took off as soon as Colby had taken out the knife.

"Here's what's gonna happen," said Colby. "You're not gonna touch Sam ever again. Instead, on Monday, you're gonna go to the principal and confess to everything. Your ass is gonna get expelled and then you're gonna apologize to Sam."

Dylan spoke nervously. "You're not gonna fucking use that," said Dylan, eyeing the knife.

"You really wanna test that theory?" asked Colby angrily, pushing the balde harder against Dylan's face. "So, about Monday, do I make myself clear?"

" Okay, yea I got it!" said Dylan, panicked. "I'm sorry, okay! Put the knife down."

"I'm gonna make sure my friends watch you do it, and if you don't, you're gonna wish you were dead," said Colby, imitating the text that Dylan had sent Sam.

Colby dropped Dylan like a sack. "You never saw me," said Colby. "Now, get the fuck out of here!"

Colby watched as Dylan scurried away from the barn, terrified.

Monday morning, Sam was at his locker. Jake and Corey made sure to stay nearby. Sam flinched as Dylan came up to him. He didn't understand, Dylan usually beat him up in private at the end of the day. He noticed a faint dark circle under Dylan's eye, despite his attempt to cover it up.

Dylan gulped as he looked at Sam, and then looked at Jake and Corey eyeing him from behind Sam.

" I'm sorry," said Dylan. " For everything."

Sam was shocked. He didn't know what to say. " Okay," said Sam. " I accept your apology, thanks."

Dylan nodded to him, and Sam watched as he walked to his locker, grabbed a box of his stuff and went to meet his parents, who were waiting outside of the school.

" What just happened?" asked Sam.

" I think Dylan just got expelled," said Jake.

" Sucks to suck," said Corey.

When Sam, Jake and Corey returned home that day, they met Colby sipping on a WhiteClaw in the kitchen.

"Hey, how was school?" asked Colby.

" Boring," said Jake.

" Meh," answered Corey.

Colby turned to look at Sam when he didn't reply right away. " Everything okay, Sam?" he asked.

"Does the name Dylan Sanchez ring any bells to you?" asked Sam.

" Don't think so," said Colby, acting all innocent. "Why?"

" He was expelled today," said Sam. " Would you happen to know anything about that?

" Nope," said Colby. " Not a thing." He innocently took another sip of his WhiteClaw and pretended to text someone.

Sam looked at them all curiously, but he didn't question anything. He instead, just went up to his room. What Sam didn't know is that when Colby had returned home last Saturday night, he was glad to see he had made it home before Sam. Jake and Corey didn't even have to ask what had happened, they knew, and they had made a promise to Colby as well. They promised to act like nothing at all had happened when Dylan "randomly" got expelled and they promised to look out for Sam. Sam would never know what went down that night at the barn, but what's important is that Sam would never be bothered by Dylan or anyone ever again, and that was a promise. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 738 54
Tu es tp tn, une jeune femme de 18 ans portant le poids d'un passé douloureux, dont les cicatrices refont surface. Lorsque tu rencontres Inoxtag, tou...
359K 15.1K 113
Elle cherchait un endroit en marge de cette soirée où elle ne voulait pas venir. Lui voulait juste souffler et se ressourcer au calme. Ils se retrouv...
211K 6.9K 61
Ils ne sont que deux inconnus, mais un soir de Saint Valentin ils vont se retrouver coincés ensemble dans un ascenseur. Mais l'histoire ne s'arrête p...
91.3K 8K 46
- 𝗟𝗡𝟰 ; Amaya et Lando « Dans les yeux de l'amour, tout est possible. » 24.03.24 - 17.05.2024 Cette histoire n'est pas une chronique. [Terminé...