I Love You... In Every Univer...

Por EreMikaheart

SPOILER WARNING: What if in an alternative universe, after Eren's death, he replaces Founder Ymir Fritz and b... Más

1. I Hate You!
2. See you later, Eren
3. I Wish I could See You Again...
4. To You, In 2,000 Years (Season 1 First Chapter)
5. That Day
6. A Dim Light Amid Despair
7. The Night of the Closing Ceremony
8. First Battle
9. The World the Girl Saw
10. Small Blade
11. I Can Hear His Heartbeat
12. Whereabouts of His Left Arm
13. Response
14. Idol
15. Scar
16. Primal Desire
18. Special Operations Squad
19. What Needs to be Done Now
20. Female Titan
21. Forest of Giant Trees
22. Bite
23. Erwin Smith
24. Crushing Blow
25. The Defeated
26. Smile
27. Mercy
28. Wall (Season 1 last Chapter)
29. Beast Titan (Season 2 First Chapter)
30. I'm Home
31. Southwestward
32. Soldier
33. Historia
34. Warrior
35. Close Combat
36. The Hunters
37. Opening
38. Children
39. Charge
40. Scream (Season 2 Last Chapter)
41. Smoke Signal (Season 3 First Chapter)
42. Pain
43. Old Story
44. Trust
45. Reply
46. Sin
47. Wish
48. Outside the Walls of Orvud District
49. Ruler of the Walls
50. Friends
51. Bystander
52. Night of the Battle to Retake the Wall (Part 1 Last Chapter)
53. The Town Where Everything Began (Part 2 First Chapter)
54. Thunder Spears
55. Descent
56. Perfect Game
57. Hero
58. Midnight Sun
59. The Basement
60. That Day
61. Attacking Titan
62. The Other Side of the Wall (Season 3 Last Chapter)
63. The Other Side of the Sea (Season 4 First Chapter)
64. Midnight Train
65. The Door of Hope
66. From One Hand to Another
67. Declaration of War
68. War Hammer Titan
69. Assault
70. Assassin's Bullet
71. Brave Volunteers
72. A Sound Argument
73. Counterfeit
74. Guides
75. Children of the Forest
76. Hurt
77. Sole Salvation
78. Above and Below (Part 1 Last Chapter)
79. Judgement (Part 2 First Chapter)
80. Sneak Attack
81. Two Brothers
82. Memories of the Future
83. From You, 2000 Years Ago
84. Melting
85. Morning of the End
86. Care (Part 2 Last Chapter)
87. Regrets (Part 3 First Chapter)
88. Battle of Heaven and Earth
89. Precious
90. Over (Part 3 Last Chapter)
91. Home (Part 4 First Chapter)
92. Handcuffs
93. Lost
94. Understand
95. Good Old Days
96. Dreams
97. I Love You... I Love You in Every Universe
98. Face Your Fears, Eren Yeager
99. The Ending We Deserve (Part 4 Last Chapter)
100. To You, 2000 Years Later (Part 5 First Chapter)
101. A Long Dream
102. Towards the Tree on That Hill
103. Just the Two of Us
104. 2000 Years Apart (Final Chapter)

17. Can't Look Into His Eyes Yet

639 15 3
Por EreMikaheart

AUTHOR'S POV:

The topic of the attacking Titan was being discussed by the citizens.

"Hey, is it true? Is there really a Titan on our side?" A man asked.

His companion pulled a large sheet of paper with writing out of the printing press.

"It's obviously just a rumor."

"The recapture could've failed, so we might see a horde of people from Wall Rose any minute now."
.
.

In Wall Sina, everyone were reading the newspaper. They all had mixed responses.

"Say...what if that Titan sides with the people within Wall Rose to come attack us together?" A man said.

"He should be killed then!"
.

In Wall Rose, a large crowd had gathered in one spot to see the newspaper posted on the wall.

"This is amazing news! We have a Titan on our side now!"

"We might even be able to recapture Wall Maria!"

"It's like our savior has appeared!"

Many people in the crowd looked excited and were holding hands.
.

"Savior, huh?" Nile said.

Many MP personnel were standing guard at the entrance, talking amongst one another.

"The masses are so simple-minded, no matter the era."

"It sounds like something the rebels could use against Central though." One of the MPs said.

"We of the Military Police Brigade will dispose of Eren Yeager before that can happen." Nile answered calmly. "We won't let those eccentrics at the Survey Corps get their hands on him either."

He heard the wheels of the carriage and straightened.

"Attention!"

The soldiers stood at attention immediately. When the carriage stopped before them, one of the soldiers quickly opened the door. Then Zackly stepped out.

"Salute the Commander-in-Chief!" Nile said and saluted and his subordinates followed suit.

Zackly nodded, and adjusted his collar,

"It's hot today." Zackly said calmly.
.
.

"Commander Pixis," Erwin said, following him. "Some people may consider it inappropriate for you, as Commander of the Garrison, to be conversing privately with someone like me from the Survey Corps."

"Well, it seems you're as straight-laced as they say. Why fret? We merely ran into each other by chance during our morning stroll." Pixis replied

Erwin didn't reply but bowed his head in agreement.

"Now that we're already walking, this is nothing more than idle talk." Pixis said. "Are you aware that the Military Police are also after Eren Yeager?"

"Yes," Erwin replied. "They sent word yesterday. Apparently, a trial will be held."

"The decision about whether the Military Police or the Survey Corps get Eren has been entrusted to Zackly."

"Zackly? Do you mean Commander-in-Chief Darius Zackly?"

"Yes, the man in charge of all three forces: the Military Police, the Garrison, and the Survey Corps." Pixis said and stopped, hands clasped behind his back. "When making decisions, he considers only one method: the cost-benefit analysis. That is, whether it's profitable or harmful to humanity overall. Which means he wouldn't hesitate to execute Eren right on the spot if that were the verdict."

Erwin frowned at his words.

"I don't want to let him kill Eren. But unfortunately, more than a few in my Garrison fear Eren's powers," Pixis said and pulled out his flask. "All I can do is to argue my case against the Military Police. Do you think you can win?"

"Yes. I have also prepared a proposition, but its viability depends greatly on the way the trial progresses."

"In other words, it's a game of chance?"

"It's a game we of the Survey Corps are well-acquainted with as we mainly engage in expeditions" Erwin said.

Pixis laughed. "It seems there's more to you than I thought. Thank you for such a nice stroll, Commander Smith," He said and waved.
.
.

Mikasa and the rest of the survived soilders were in the mess hall.

"Eren's being put on trial? Why?" Mikasa asked with wide eyes.

"I'm not entirely sure" Armin answered, sitting across from her in the mess hall. "I think it's about deciding how to deal with Eren."

"What does that mean?" Faye asked with concern.

"They're probably deciding whether he lives or dies." Armin replied and looked down.

Mikasa stood, eyes wide in fear. Faye was concerned too.

Then a MP official came and spoke up.

"Mikasa Ackerman! Armin Arlert! Faye Yeager! Are you three here?"

"Yes, sir!" Mikasa replied.

"You have been ordered to appear at the trial this afternoon as witnesses!" The official said and left.

Faye and Mikasa just looked at eachother with wide eyes.
.
.

Two MP soldiers were guarding Eren's cell. Eren just sat there, deep in thoughts.

'All these people probably think of me as a monster... I can't say I blame them...' He thought and sighed. Then he remembered something.

'Wait a minute!' His thoughts flashed to his best friends and sister, who were refusing to leave him. 'Those three weren't scared of me at all. What are they doing now?... What happened to everybody else?'

Then Erwin spoke up who just arrived there.

"Be patient for a little longer," Erwin said, standing before the cell. "We'll try to sort things out."

Eren just nodded in reply.

'How many days have passed since then? What's going on outside?' Eren wondered.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

'I need to calm down...'

After some moments, the sound of a door opening was heard, followed by footsteps. All of a sudden, Hange gripped the bars, a crazed look on her face. Eren flinched, looking at her.

Hange's mad expression turned to a smile and Eren calmed down too.

"So, you're Eren, huh? You okay?" Hange asked.

"Yeah..." Eren answer.

"Feeling filthy? Sorry for making you wait for so long. You can finally leave this place." Hange said.

Eren sighed in relief and a tall blond-haired man joined Hange.

"That's Mike." Hange introduced and held a pair of handcuffs through the bars.

"Though you'll have to wear these." Hange informed and Eren just nodded.
.

Eren was now walking through a hallway, escorted by a group of soldiers.

"I'm Hange Zoe, a squad leader in the Survey Corps. He's Mike Zacharias, same goes for him."

Eren just nodded. Then Mike began to sniff him. Eren was now annoyed.

"Are you drunk or something?" Eren asked angrily and twisted his neck to further himself from Mike.

"Ah" Hange explained, "He just has this habit of sniffing people at their first meeting...then snorting like that."

Eren made a confused face.

"It's a very weird habit to have..." Eren said in disgust.

"I wouldn't read much into it though. He's skilled enough to become a squad leader, after all." Hange replied.

Eren then walked in awkward silence between the two squad leaders.

"Oh," Hange said in exaggeration. "we chatted all the time away. We're already here. Well, I guess you're better off without an explanation too."

He just nodded and then MPs grabbed him. He remained calm.

"We don't have a choice but to trust you blindly," Hange said sincerely. "Good luck."

Eren again nodded and the doors slammed shut behind him.
.

Eren was staring up with curiosity at a huge painting of depicting men slaughtering each other with swords. On the wall behind the judge's bench, four insignias were placed at the top, representing the threes branches and the Trainees Corps.

'A courtroom?' Eren thought. 'So I was being held under the courthouse?'

When he arrived at the middle of the court, a soilder ordered.

"Kneel down there."

Eren knelt and a soilder inserted a large metal bar between his hands and back and into the ground, preventing him from being able to escape.

'If they think this can prevent me from transforming, then- wait, what can I expect from MPs...'

Eren then looked around, observing everything.

'Why are these people here? What is this trial even about?' He then noticed Armin, Faye and Mikasa in the crowd.

'Guys...'

Everyone were talking with eachother, looking at Eren. Then Zackly entered and sat, folding his jacket neatly and putting it aside.

"Now then, let us begin." He said and the whispers came to a stop. "You are Eren Yeager?" He read off the paper, adjusting his glasses. "You're a soldier who vowed to devote his life to humanity. Is that correct?"

"Yes, sir." Eren replied calmly.

"This is an unprecedented case. It is outside the bounds of the common law, therefore we must convene a special court-martial. The final decision will be handed down by me. We will deliberate upon whether you live or die as well." Zackly explained "Do you have any objections?"

"None, sir." Eren replied.

"I'm glad you're so cooperative. I'll be blunt. Concealing your existence has proven impossible."

Hange and Mike joined some soldiers on a balcony. Mikasa, Faye and Armin were looking at Eren with concern.

"Unless we publicize your existence in some way, we will have to face another threat besides the Titans. This court is tasked with deciding which faction will take custody of you, the Military Police or the Survey Corps. First," Zackly said, "Let us hear the opening statement from the Military Police."

Then Nile spoke up.

"Your Honor, I am Nile Dawk, Commander of the Military Police. Our proposition is as follows: We will examine Eren's body thoroughly, then dispose of him as soon as possible. It's a fact that his Titan power repelled the last attack," Nile admitted, looking at Eren. "However, his character induces disturbances that may even lead to a rebellion. Therefore he shall provide us with as much intelligence as possible, then he'll become a martyr for humanity."

"There's no need for that!" Pastor Nick claimed loudly. "He's a vermin that breached and infiltrated the sacred Walls by intruding on our lands," Pastor Nick pointed accusingly.

'He's from the Church of the Walls.' Eren thought. 'Five years ago, no one even took them seriously. They've come a long way.'

"He should be killed here and now!"

"Pastor Nick, quiet, please." Zackly said calmly. "Next, let us hear the proposition from the Survey Corps."

Then Erwin spoke up.

"Your Honor, I am Erwin Smith, Thirteenth Commander of the Survey Corps. Our proposition is as follows: We will accept Eren as a formal member of the Survey Corps, and recapture Wall Maria by using his Titan power. That is all."

Surprised whispers picked up around the courtroom.

"Hm? Is that it?" Zackly asked.

"Yes. Using his abilities, we can retake Wall Maria. I believe the priorities are clearly apparent."

"I see. On that note, from where do you intend to launch that operation? Pixis?" Zackly asked and looked at the him. "I believe the gate at Trost was sealed for good, yes?"

"Yes," Pixis said. "I doubt it'll ever be opened again."

"We would like to go through the Karanes District in the east," Erwin said. "From there, we will approach Shiganshina on a new route."

"Wait a minute!" A merchant interrupted. "Shouldn't we seal all the gates for good now? The Colossal Titan can only destroy the gates! If we fortify those areas, they won't be able to attack us again!"

"Shut up, you puppet of the traders' guild! Using that Titan strength, we can return to Wall Maria once again!" Levi said angrily.

"We're fed up with you playing hero all the time." A merchant replied.

"You've got a big mouth, pig," Levi said, bringing attention to himself. "Who says the Titans will wait until you can lock up all the gates? The 'we' you're talking about refers to your little friends who you plan to get fat with, right? Can't you even see that people are starving because we don't have enough land?"

"We're only suggesting that if we sealed the gates," The merchant said. "we'd be safe-"

"Enough of your insolence!" Pastor Nick yelled at him. "How dare you even suggest doing such a thing to the sacred Wall Rose, given unto us by the Goddesses?! You look upon the greatness of the Walls, which transcends human understanding, and you still can't see?!" Nick continued to ramble. "You speak blasphemy!"
.

"They have plenty of money and influence." Rico said to Mikasa. "A real handful."
.

"This is no place for a priest to speak!" One man yelled.

"What?!"

Zackly slapped the bench multiple times,

"Order in the court." He said. "Argue about your individual beliefs and opinions somewhere else. Yeager," Zackly addressed Eren. "Let me ask you this: Can you keep fighting for the sake of humankind as a soldier, and also use your Titan power for the same goal?"

"Yes! I can." Eren replied.

"Oh? But in the report from Trost, it says: 'He swung his fist at Mikasa Ackerman right after becoming a Titan.'" Nile said.

Eren's head snapped to the side in shock. Mikasa pinched her hair and tried to use it to hide the small scar.

'He doesn't remember that he lost control?' Armin and Faye were having the same thoughts.

Mikasa gave Rico a vicious side glare.

"What, you wanted me to lie in the report?" Rico asked quietly. "Humanity gains nothing from hiding such a fact."

"Is Mikasa Ackerman here?" Zackly asked.

"Yes, I am." Mikasa replied, standing up.

"You, huh? Is it true that after he transformed, Yeager attacked you?" Zackly asked.

"If you don't answer truthfully, it'll only hurt Eren." Rico advised.

Mikasa spoke up after a moment of silence.

"Yes, it is true." Mikasa replied, looking down.

People gasped and whispered among themselves.

"He's like the rest of them, after all." The merchant yelled.

'I tried to kill Mikasa?' Eren thought with horrified expression.

"But before that," Mikasa continued confidently. "He also saved my life twice while in Titan form. The first time, when I was about to fall prey to a Titan, he fought them off and defended me. The second time, he protected me, Faye and Armin from cannon fire. I entreat you to consider these facts as well."

"Objection!" Nile said, gaining attention. "I believe this testimony is too emotionally-biased to be accepted in court. We uncovered some surprising details regarding Mikasa Ackerman and Eren Yeager."

Nile continued."Eren Yeager and Mikasa Ackerman were nine years old at the time when they stabbed to death three men who were wanted for robbery and kidnapping."

Nile looked at Mikasa who was shocked. "Though it is justifiable self-defense, I can't help but feel disturbed and believe their basic human nature needs to be questioned."

Nile then turned to Zackly. "Should we really trust him with the fate, funds, and manpower of humanity?" Nile asked.

"Yeah! He's probably a Titan who infiltrated us disguised as a child!" Nick yelled.

"Her too!" The merchant said, pointed at Mikasa, shaking in fear. "How can we be sure she's human?"

Mikasa's eyes widened. She couldn't say anything. Faye was boiling in anger while Armin was trying to calm her down.

"That's right! We should dissect her just in case!"

Eren remained silent with an angered expression on his face.

"See! They didn't deny it!" The merchant yelled.

"Silence!" Zachary yelled, shuting everyone up. Then he turned to Eren. "Eren Yeagar, in your defence, do you have anything to say?"

"Yes. May be I am a monster, but Mikasa has nothing to do with it." Eren said calmly.

"You're defending her? She must be one of you!"

"And what proof do you have?" Eren asked, shutting him up. "So far, all you keep doing is blurting out convenient speculations."

"What did you say?" Nile said angrily.

"What I am saying is the truth!" Eren replied, looking at him with determination. "Have anyone of you ever see a titan? No, right. Then you don't have a right to judge me."

Eren's words shut everyone in the court. Zackly was listening to him with curiosity. Then Eren continued.

"I literally closed the Throst gate and all of you want me dead?" Eren asked.

Everyone was looking at him with wide eyes.

"Atleast I closed the Throst gate, what all of you did? I didn't see any of you during the battle." Eren continued. "All of you are just afraid that I might turn against the king. Right?" Eren said with determination. "I am not stupid like you!"

Nobody could say anything. Mikasa and her friends were afraid that Eren's words might anger everyone.

"If I won't fight then who will?" Eren continued and then he turned to the merchants and the MPs. "Who is going to help humanity in retaking Wall Maria? The merchants? Priests? MPs?"

Eren then looked ahead. "If you kill me then how are you going serve humanity? By praying or by slacking off at work?" He continued. "If you have any other ways in retaking Wall Maria, then go ahead and kill me. If no then let me serve humanity."

Everyone knew that he was right so none of them objected. Zackly was amazed by his speech. His friends and sister were amazed too.

The court room went silent until Erwin spoke up.

"Commander-in-Chief, I have a proposal."

"What is it?" Zackly asked.

"Eren's Titan power has a multitude of uncertainties and unknown elements. It is exceedingly dangerous. So why don't we put Eren under Corporal Levi's command and send them on an expedition?" Erwin proposed.

"You'll bring Eren outside?" Zackly asked.

"Yes. Whether Eren can control his Titan power, and whether he may be of benefit to humankind, should be decided based on the results of that mission." Erwin replied.

"Handling Eren Yeager..." Zackly turned to Levi, "Can you do that, Levi?"

"Yes. I'm certain I can kill him too if he ever lose control." Levi replied, standing up.

After a few moments of silence, Zackly spoke up.

"I've made my decision." Zackly said, looking at Eren."The Survey Corps will get the custody of Eren Yeager."

Erwin, Hange and Eren's friends were relieved at his decision. Eren sighed in relief too.
.
.

Now, Eren was in a room with Erwin, Hange, Levi and Mike. Mike stood by the window while Levi leaned against the wall. Erwin and Hange were standing infront of Eren.

"Honestly, that was an amazing speech." Hange appreciated. "Did you prepare it overnight?"

"No." Eren replied. "I just blurted out whatever came to my mind..."

"I apologize for the trouble you had to go through." Erwin said, approaching them. "And thanks to your speech, we got custody of you."

Eren just nodded.

"We couldn't have made that proposal go through without your speech." Erwin said and knelt infront of him. He then held out his hand for Eren. "You have my respect." Erwin smiled. "I look forward to working with you, Eren."

"I'll do my best, sir!" He said and shook the Erwin's hand.

Levi then sat on the couch beside him.

"I appreciate your speech Yeager. Just don't ever lose control. Understand?" Levi said, calmly.

Eren just nodded and sighed.

'Can't wait for this day to over...'

________________

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

28.3K 580 60
Spoiler alert! What if in an alternative universe, after Mikasa frees Ymir from her pain of love, Ymir decided to do the world a favour, as well as g...
1.6K 6 17
after Eren dies Ymir gives him a second chance to restart life and be with Mikasa
51.3K 1K 36
Spoiler Alert! What if in an alternative universe, after the battle of Heaven and Earth, Mikasa gets another chance to be with Eren and prevent his i...
23.4K 574 12
This is a continuation of my first book "In an Alternate Reality-An Attack on Titan Fan-Fic". This book will pick up were I left off. It will cover a...