INFINITY

By Lady_Luna_Latteton

Alyona Ivanov-Stark is your typical deranged and two face friend. An Avenger with a life of... Well, a villai... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
062
SPECIAL CHAPTER
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
075
076
077
078
079
080
081
082
083
084
085
086
087
088
089
SPECIAL CHAPTER [1/2]
090
091
092
093.5
094
095
096
097
098
099
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
[SPECIAL CHAPTER 2/2]
112
113
CHARACTER PROFILE
114

093

255 3 0
By Lady_Luna_Latteton

KIM DOKJA'S POINT OF VIEW

It was already morning when I opened my eyes. Han Sooyoung saw me wake up and smiled. She was the last person keeping guard. "Did you have a nightmare?" I nodded and bit my lip, "A little bit." It was a lie... I saw a dark entity swallowing the earth as a whole. Everyone including me was engulfed in that darkness.

Even if it was a dream... It all felt so surreal, how the fire burn my skin, how the darkness blinds my eyes... How every scream of the party member penetrates my ears. How we are doomed to end.. The embers of the firewood burning all night were white. I put out the fire and touched my forehead, which had a splitting headache. 

The scene that I saw through Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint after that chilling nightmare... Gilyoung, I didn't know if he was okay. "Where is Yoo Sangah-ssi?"  Han Sooyoung answered while touching her smartphone, "She went to scout."

"What are you looking at?" I asked her, "A novel." I rosed my brow at that and look at her. "Your novel?" She sighed and look at me with deadpan expression. "What other novel would I look at?" Indeed, it would be strange to read other novels under these circumstances. I read other novels from time to time. Ah, it seems Alyona's awake.

"I always wondered, is it fun for a writer to read what they wrote?" I look at her with an inquisitive look, "It is very fun." She answered back sarcastically. "Even though you know all the details?" I asked without thinking but Han Sooyoung gave me an unexpected answer.

"I sometimes feel that the story is different despite reading the same thing." Yeah, sometimes I read my work from the point of view of the reader... Even Alyona says the same thing. "What?" Then Alyona's voice reverberated around. "A writer doesn't have complete mastery of the novel. There are many holes whenever I look back, In the end, reading is the process of keeping the irregular holes in place." Han Sooyoung nodded in agreement.

"I don't know what the both of you are talking about." Han Sooyoung answered this time, "...It means that after some time, I can see it as someone else's writing. Ultimately, every human is their writer." The words were unexpected and I felt surprised. Han Sooyoung was able to say such a difficult thing.

"Come to think of it, you are like that. You wrote someone else's novel." I told her, that Han Sooyoung yelled something back but I blocked my ears for a while. Who told her to plagiarize in the first place? Han Sooyoung turned off her smartphone and asked me, "By the way, what are you going to do next?"

"What will I do? I will wait for the start of the next scenario." I stood up and dusted off my pants. "Who would believe that? I'm sure you have a plan." She seemed to have something to say so I let her speak. She kept on talking anyway.

"Yoo Jonghyuk and Alyona are taking charge of the west and the Wanderer King is handling the north, What about the center?" I look upwards and sighed loudly, "We will stop it together." She look at me with confused eyes. "Isn't there an easy method? Have you forgotten?"

"Did you copy that as well?" I stopped for a moment and stared at Han Sooyoung, "...When did I do that? I just came up with it in my novel." Han Sooyoung fumbled with her words while pouting. "In any case, aren't I right? As far as I know, there is an easy way to prevent the disaster in the center."

Certainly, her words were right. If we did that, we could clear the fifth scenario and prevent all disasters without difficulty. Han Sooyoung looked at me with piercing eyes. "Are you going to do it?" I looked around and saw Yoo Sangah waving her hand in the distance. "That... let's think about it on the way."

Han Sooyoung grumbled, "Why do you look so happy after seeing her..? Are you sure Alyona even is your girlfriend?" I grew a tick mark at that. "It is because she is a trustworthy person. Alyona is on a different scale." Han Sooyoung scoffed. "Che, Untrustworthy people will survive."

We set out again, There were five days remaining until the start of the scenario. We moved west along the Han River. There were two purposes behind this. One was to look for the missing Gong Pildu around Han River and the second was to collect coins from nearby monsters. More than anything else, it was currently a coin event so I should gain as much as possible.

I'm sure Alyona had to just walk around being pretty and flashy along that regressor bastard and gain a lot of coins, Now I'm not like that and need to work hard. "Yoo Sangah-ssi, to the left! Han Sooyoung, take the lead!" We hunted all the visible 7th-grade monsters. Once Yoo Sangah joined us, we were able to hunt 7th-grade species and even 6th-grade. I had a thought while watching Yoo Sangah.

Maybe she didn't know about those from Olympus. I called them out to figure out their intentions. They had used up their assigned probability and couldn't interfere with Yoo Sangha for the time being. The battle ended and I approached Yoo Sangah.

"Yoo Sangah-ssi, You should only use one stigma at a time in the future." She looked down with a sad look. "Ah, I'm sorry. Was I a big problem last time?" I shook my head in disagreement. "No, that isn't the reason." The people supported by a nebula were special. Of course, being sponsored by a nebula didn't mean all constellations in the nebula would support her. 

However, the laws of the Star Stream applied to the constellations and incarnations. The price for going against the laws would eventually be returned to the constellations and incarnations. The constellations might have a way to escape but the problem was the incarnations.

"Using multiple stigmas will place a burden on Yoo Sangah-ssi's body. I don't want one of my future wives to struggle," Alyona spoke suddenly, this caused Yoo Sangah to smile bashfully. "You know, go back to your regressor and stop pestering us!" I yelled in frustration. "I'm checking up on my future wife! Shut up you ugly squid!" I scoffed in disbelief. "Am I even your boyfriend right now?!" Her link with cut off and was silent for a moment.

The damn Olympians wouldn't tell her this but there was a limit to the story that a single being could afford. Every stigma contained the history of the constellation and the random blend of histories would impair the human spirit. If Yoo Sangah borrowed the stigmas of a large number of constellations, her remaining vitality would be reduced in an instant. Then in probably one year...

Yoo Sangah smiled faintly. "Thank you for your concern... Please let Alyona-ssi know, I'm not ready for a relationship." That lifts a burden on my shoulder somehow. I realized something and opened my mouth. "Did you already know?" Yoo Sangah's eyes moved downwards and she spoke quietly, "Dokja-ssi, do you still think that I'm a competent office worker?"

Yoo Sangah continued speaking. "I'm different from Dokja-ssi. I can't do anything in this changing world. This is a world where the TOEIC, degrees, and service scores are useless." I wondered, "Do you think everything can be resolved if you become stronger?"

"A little bit." Her words were correct. Strength only made up for some of the world's problems. "I have decided to build up useful specifications of this world. That is the only thing I can do." There were numerous wounds on the back of Yoo Sangah's hand as she spoke. The wounds felt like a big hole for me. Alyona had said, 'In the end, reading is the process of keeping the irregular holes in place.'

If there was something a reader had to do, I needed to read it properly. I felt a vibration in my arms. I opened my smartphone and saw that there was a notification window. The Hermit King of Shadows, Han Donghoon. I was stunned when I read the message.

Han Donghoon: Hyung, are you okay?

Han Donghoon: I haven't been able to connect to the Internet recently so the messages are delayed. I am struggling with my ability...

He had been sending messages for a long time and they stacked up. It seemed the piled-up messages arrived at the same time once the Internet connection. I showed the messages to Yoo Sangah to change her mood. I looked at Yoo Sangah's smile and thought, I wasn't a completely incompetent reader.

Kim Dokja, he's nearing... I showed you in your dreams what might happen soon... I nodded in understanding, so it's not a nightmare but a vision? Yeah, in a year or so. he will arrive and try to destroy this planet? She sighed on the other link. Yeah, please keep getting strong... I will.

***

I connected to Han Donghoon through messenger but I could hear news about other people through it.

Han Donghoon: I am on the Yongsan-gu side. There is also Gilyoung.

-Kim Dokja: Gilyoung is there?

Han Donghoon: Yes.

The location of my main party was roughly grasped. Lee Hyunsung and Jung Heewon's positions were also confirmed through Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. I was a bit curious about what happened to Jung Minseob and Lee Sungkook but it was difficult to care about them. They had some prior knowledge so they should manage. Lee Jihye... well, Yoo Jonghyuk and Alyona would take care of it.

-Kim Dokja: For the time being, don't leave Yongsan. I'll be there soon. If possible, try contacting other people.

A reply didn't come back. Perhaps it had disconnected again. I looked around at the party members and said, "I think we'll have to cross the river." Currently, we were south of Han River. North of Han River was Yongsan-gu. "We have to cross that?" Han Sooyoung asked me with a dumbfounded expression.

It wasn't strange. I looked at Han River with her. Flickering shadows could be seen from the swirling water. The ichthyosaurs that had traveled near Dongho Bridge had once again filled the Han River. We had been following the river but I never thought of crossing because of them. "Have you seen Cheonho Bridge? It is broken."

The ichthyosaur was a 7th-grade monster species. It wasn't a problem to hunt but there were too many. It wasn't just one or two so it would take a few days to deal with all of them. We were going to cross the Han River in such a situation? It was unthinkable. Except if Alyona is here, "We will move along the river. There might be a place that isn't broken."

We moved along the river for several hours but an intact bridge couldn't be found. Instead, we found a group of wanderers. "What are you doing?" Han Sooyoung was going to raise her weapon but Yoo Sangah moved first. She took the meat out of her backpack, making Han Sooyoung irritated. 

"The people are hungry," Han Sooyoung became irritated at that. "So what? Do you want to share that? Are you crazy? Don't you know that people are the most dangerous existences in an apocalypse?" Yoo Sangah stop her ministrations. "I can kill all of them if I want." Han Sooyoung saw killing intent for a moment on Yoo Sangah's face and shut her mouth. "Therefore, I can save all of them if I want."

Yoo Sangah took the meat from the monsters and distributed it to the people. Some people felt sorry and bowed to her. My future wife is so kind... and hot..!  Alyona shrieked in my head. "Ah, this..." Yoo Sangah sighed, "It is just leftovers. It doesn't matter." I left Han Sooyoung alone and pulled a yanaspleta stem out of my bag. Everyone couldn't become a 'hunter' in this world. 

By now, there would be a great deal of research about the monster species all over the world. "Ah! Thank you..." The man who received the plant from me bowed deeply. "It's nothing. Difficulties should be shared." Of course, I was essentially a different person from Yoo Sangah. All my good deeds were planned activities.

And then there's evil you... I snorted silently at what Alyona said. Like you are any different, A fake gasp was heard from her. I do it because I'm nice! Did she argue with me, Not for coins? Kim Dokja..! Why are you like this? Go to your regressor my voice wavered more than I'd like it to... Hmmph, do what you want, goodbye. Her link got cut off from mine and my head became silent.

[A few people have a great liking towards you.]

[Your understanding of the character 'Shin Yooin' has increased.]

[Your understanding of the character 'Ma Kangcheol' has increased.]

[New characters have been added to your bookmarks.]

"You're a fake." Han Sooyoung said sarcastically, "...Sometimes I do good things." I rethink back to what Alyona had said... yeah, pretty evil for me to do...

[The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' is impressed with your good deed.]

[400 coins have been sponsored.]

Han Sooyoung grumbled as she watched Yoo Sangah, "Damn, she is like a woman from a novel..." I agreed with her words. Yoo Sangah was like the heroine of a novel even before the fall of the world. Now that reality had become a novel... From among the crowd, a child approached me. She was a young girl around the same age as Gilyoung.

"What is it?" The girl who bowed had a Western look. Her eyes were bright and her face was full of an exotic cuteness. The child bowed 90 degrees towards me. "Thank you." She was a very polite child. I looked around but didn't see anyone who looked like this child's parents. The child noticed my gaze and said, "They aren't here anymore."

"Both of them?" The child nodded. She's Shin Yoosung, protect her. Alyona's like return suddenly. I was a bit confused at first. A child without a guardian survived alone until the fifth scenario. It was almost impossible in Ways of Survival. Then Alyona popped up and said that-

...Wait a minute? The moment I used Character List, the child spoke again, "Then I'll be going." Did she come just to thank me? I tried to grab the child and reflexively looked back at Han Sooyoung, She happened to be looking elsewhere. "...Be careful." It would soon be dark. I worried for a moment before summoning the party members together.

"We will rest here today." We looked for a place to sleep. Han River was cold even when we lit a fire, so we decided to use a partially destroyed building. Han Sooyoung became firmly determined and warned Yoo Sangah. "Just watch. Those people from earlier will be back. Didn't you see them covet our weapons? They will bite the hand that fed them."

Han Sooyoung declared that all humans were wicked and trash who would repay goodness with malice. "Not every person in the apocalypse is bad."  I carefully looked at Yoo Sangah who said, "No, they are all bad. Almost everyone is bad." One hour passed. "They'll come soon. Then you will be crying." Two hours passed. "Um, they are patient people." Three hours passed. "...Is this possible?"

Finally, four hours later, noises started to be heard outside. Yoo Sangah's expression darkened and Han Sooyoung smiled with satisfaction. "Look, what did I say?" Han Sooyoung had just taken out her weapon when someone entered the building. "H-Hello?"

Han Sooyoung stopped as she was about to get up. The one who came was a young girl. It was the child who politely thanked me during the day, It was Shin Yoosung, my new mission was to protect her. The little red-eyed child held something out. "T-This..."

It was a blanket. She must've grabbed it from the area because she was afraid we were cold. Han Sooyoung made a surprised expression while Yoo Sangah looked blank. In the apocalypse, goodwill wasn't always repaid with malice.

[The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' is making a loving smile.]

[2,000 coins have been sponsored.]

 "Thank you, I'll use it well." Yoo Sangah acted as the representative of the party. "Yes..." The kids look at us one by one, "By the way, are you alone? It is dangerous to wander around at night." The kid sighed and look down. "It is the same everywhere." Yoo Sangah's expression darkened at the words. "Would you like to stay with us?"

"Huh?" The kid was shocked, to say the least, "It will be fine if you are with us." Yoo Sangah looked at me like she was asking for permission. However, the child's answer was faster. "I don't want to be a nuisance." It happened when the child was trying to run away. A flag flew from somewhere and fell in front of the child's feet. 

The frightened child fell, "Wait a minute. You can't leave." and Han Sooyoung's scathing voice followed.   "What are you doing right now?" Yoo Sangah looked at Han Sooyoung and spoke in a cold voice. However, Han Sooyoung was looking at me. "Kim Dokja, don't you know what to do? Isn't that why you wanted to sleep here?"

I slowly closed my eyes. Damn, she had noticed... It was a miscalculation. I didn't know this person could use Detect Attributes. Han Sooyoung asked, "Ah, are you going to act as a hypocrite? Is it because the other person is a child?" It would be going against Alyona's request. "..."

"The other person is a child? Then the villain must solve it." Han Sooyoung approached and Yoo Sangah blocked the way. "Stop," I closed my eyes and tried to think of a way. "Get out of the way. Do you want me to kill you?" Whatever happens, you must save that kid Kim Dokja... "Why are you killing an ordinary kid all of a sudden?"

"An ordinary kid?" Han Sooyoung laughed and pointed toward the child. "I told you to stop." At the same time, Yoo Sangah's dagger pointed to Han Sooyoung's neck. Then Han Sooyoung summoned dozens of avatars. Han Sooyoung grumbled. "Kim Dokja, explain it quickly. Before I turn around and kill everyone."

It ended up like this, I sighed and opened my mouth. "This child..." The child looked up at me with innocent eyes and I felt a sense of urgency. "...Five days later, she will destroy Seoul." Yoo Sangah's eyes shook. If Han Sooyoung hadn't found out, I might've let it pass by but now it couldn't be helped. This damn scenario never gave us the happy endings we wanted.

[The constellation 'Abyssal Black Flame Dragon' is smiling.]

[Many constellations are interested in the development of this scenario.]

It had been a long time since the messages of the constellations seemed so hateful. "This child is the last disaster of the fifth scenario... And Alyona wanted me to keep this child safe." Both women look stunned. "That kid is crucial for later scenarios..." Alyona's voice was loud and indignant. 

Even Shin Yoosung perks up at the voice. "Alyona-noona?" I look down at her and asked. "You know her?" She nodded with tears brimming her eyes, "She t-told me, to follow a man with a white coat." So, Alyona had it all planned out in the beginning? I'll leave the rest to you now, I have my duty to do...

***

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

It was the same dreary and cold night again, Shin Yoosung stayed hidden behind a giant wooden box and slept. In her dream, a beautiful woman with auburn hair had shown, "Who are you?" The girl ushered her to come closer. "You are Shin Yoosung isn't it?" Shin Yoosung nodded hearing her name.

"That's a lovely name for a lovely kid." She unknowingly smiled at that, "I'm Alyona... I'm here to stop one of the scariest disasters, would you help me?" The kid shuddered to hear that. "What could I possibly do to help?" The woman smiled gracefully and took her hand. It was warm and comforting.

"Do you believe in alternate universes?" She tilted her head sideways, "The other you... or rather the adult you from different somewhere is sent here to cause havoc..." She nodded and listen intently. "That disaster can be stopped if they ever kill you... So, Unni is here to protect Yoosung-nii." The girl had a look of disbelief.

"Let's make a promise," the woman stuck out her pinky promise at her. "My heart would burst in an instant if I broke my promise... pink swear." Shin Yoosung stuck her finger with her and it cause a black vibe to penetrate the woman's chest. It became invisible after a few seconds. "What should I do?"

Alyona smiled and sighed, "Later on, You will meet three people... two ladies and a man. Go to the man and try to converse with him. But don't tell him about me," She nodded and kept looking at her in adoration. "When you wake up, I want you to be brave enough and approach them okay?" She nodded at her.

"Unni had to go now, but do keep everything in mind okay?" The woman was getting far away and far away from her. Everything is turning into a cloud of smoke, and just like that, she opened her eyes awake. the same desolate place she slept at, Now she knows what she has to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

451K 13.5K 96
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
988K 61.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
188K 8.6K 30
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
253K 16.5K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...