Here, Under the Stars

By aristically

"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
EPILOGUE
EPILOGUE (AUTHOR'S CUT)

CHAPTER 25

2.7K 61 59
By aristically

-- MAGUI --

"Since when did you come back?" I couldn't hold my excitement when I saw Riley.

"Kanina lang. Dito na ko dumiretsyo dahil malungkot sa bahay." I looked at Riley's luggages on the side. "Hi Cleo!" Bumeso siya kay Cleo.

It was a normal thing for her to do.

I let the girls drive the cars in the garage before I closed and locked the gates. I helped Riley with her bags as we entered the VL house.

"Hindi mo sinama si Lia?" I asked Riley who is sitting on the couch. Inabutan siya ni Stella ng juice.

"Khalia's been busy making some investments." Riley said and took a sip of her juice. "Hindi ka na kasi nagrereply sa GC natin. Hindi mo tuloy alam na we started the reconstruction of Solace already."

"Really?" My eyes lit up after hearing the good news.

"Ehem." Cleo called for my attention.

"Oh right, Riley these are my friends." I pointed to them one by one. "Girls, this is Riley. My director of A&R. She's responsible for the hunting new talents and faces. Siya yung nakatagpo sa'kin sa kalsada." I laugh as I remembered how I sang on the streets just to afford a case of beer.

"I didn't know that what I found is the future CEO of Solace! Imagine? She started as a songwriter, became a secretary, a music producer, then a CEO. Sobrang sipag talaga ni Magui!" Riley told my friends about the challenges I've been true when I was in Canada.

I started missing Vancouver.

I actually had the option to return and look for a job there instead. Kaya lang I just fixed my relationship with Vanya Luna that time. I wanted to spend more time with them.

Hindi nga ako sigurado kung gusto ko pa bang bumalik doon. Hahanap-hanapin ko lang sila. Lalo na si Ashi.

"Mukha nga." Savannah rolled her eyes.

I realized that Riley's presence was making them uncomfortable. I offered to take Riley home and Cleo lended me her car.

I looked at my license. It's about to expire. I have to renew it soon before I get my own car. Nakakahiya na kasi humiram kay Cleo. She has her own errands to run too.

"I missed this house!" I told Riley as I looked around. "Even though I keep on locking myself in your room, I had fun memories here with you and Lia."

"Miss na miss ka na rin namin, Mags." Riley said as she sat on her couch. "I told you to fix your relationship with your friends pero hindi ka na bumalik. Nagulat na lang kami, recording artist ka na."

"Sorry if I wasn't able to communicate with you guys often. My schedule is really hectic." I sat in front of her.

"Nakakatampo ka nga eh. It's like you gave up Solace already. Bumuo ka ng bagong pangarap kasama yung mga kaibigan mo. Paano naman kami?" She pouted.

"Don't act like a jealous girlfriend." I messed with her hair which made her annoyed. Her hair is everything to her.

"I'm a jealous friend, Magui! We have a lot of plans in Canada but you're ditching us already."

"I would never do that!" I told her. "The only reason why I accepted the job here is to earn money. Alangan namang kayo lang ni Lia ang may contribution. Hello? Ako pa rin ang CEO dito."

"I was able to sell your properties in Canada. The last time I checked, we have around a few hundred million dollars. May nahanap kami ni Lia na abandoned building in the city and we started to renovate it. We also started looking for supplies and equipment. In about half a year, Solace is back on its feet." Riley reported the good news to me while handing me the folders. "Although we need more funds for advertisements and such. Since we're starting and rising from a big scandal, mahihirapan tayo maghanap ng clients."

"Don't worry, I'll work harder. I'll ask my manager if there are projects that I can do." I told her as I took my phone out.

I already texted my manager and asked for more work.

"Kamusta na kayo ni Lia?" I asked while waiting for a reply from my manager.

"We've been busy. Bihira na lang rin kami magkita. Lia made herself busy with investments. After all, she's the business person. She's good at socializing with big bosses from big companies so expect that we'll have a lot of investors once we opened." She told me and showed me another folder containing those important files.

I'm really happy that I have Riley and Lia to help me with Solace. Hindi naman ako college graduate katulad nila. I'm just a songwriter who was offered to be a CEO. I didn't know how to run a big company with hundreds of employees. I'm really thankful for my business partners who didn't leave me until today.

"How about you?" I asked her.

"Well, I've been singing." She tried not to look at me. 

"Really? Riley Sarmiento is singing?" I couldn't believe it. I never heard her sing outside the shower.

"For my whole life, I was working for Cameron. I didn't know any other job. Hindi malakas yung kita ko like Lia but I made sure that we'll earn a lot sa mga properties mo na binenta ko." She told me as she stood up to open a bottle of wine. 

"Is that Carmenere 2018?" I asked when I saw the bottle.

"Our favorite!"

She poured me a glass.

"For the re-establishment of Solace!" She raised her wine glass.

"Cheers!"

Riley asked me to stay over for the night but I needed to return Cleo's car. I left at around 3 AM and arrived at the VL house before 4 AM. I was about to enter my room when I noticed the back door open. I saw Ashi in the beanbag, staring at the stars.

"Can't sleep?" I joined her as I sat at the other beanbag.

"Yeah." She answered drearily.

"What's our problem?" 

I know whenever Ashi is not okay. Something is bothering her if she's acting like this.

"It's nothing, Magui. I'm just overthinking again." She faced me.

"Like what?" 

"What if you leave again?" She said straight to the point. So she's been thinking about me again. "Hindi malabong manyari 'yon, Magui. Once Solace reopens, you're gonna leave us again."

"When that day comes, I'll have to go." I looked at the ground.

As much as I wanted to stay here with Ashi, I can't. My life is in Canada now. We're not living in the past anymore so we have to live on with our lives.

"Let's stop seeing each other, Magui."

"What do you mean? We live in the same house. We'll see each other every day."

"No, Magui. I mean, let's stop whatever it is that we're doing. We always say that we're friends but clearly, we're acting more than that. Let's start acting as friends. No more call signs, no more I love yous. No more dancing in the rain, and holding hands. We're over, Magui. 5 years na." Ashi explained, trying her best not to cry.

"I agree."

She looked at me in the eye. It was obvious that she wasn't expecting it.

"You agree?"

"You're right, Ashi. We're broken up. We're no longer together so we should stop living in the past. Let's move on already." 

There was a long silence after that. 

I looked at my watch and it was already 4:30 AM. I stood up from my seat, "good night, Ashi." I said before I left her outside.

***

"I was offered to do a solo concert at the end of the month! I want you girls to perform with me." I told my friends the good news.

"OMG, congrats, Magui!" Gia greeted me and the rest of the girls followed.

"If you need help with choreography, I can be your girl!" Stella volunteered and Cleo pulled her away from me. "You'll always be my girl, Cleo. Stop acting jealous, si Magui 'yan oh. Kay Ashi lang 'yan."

"Stella!" Ashi called her best friend. "Magui and I already talked last night. You guys should really stop teasing us."

"We understand, Ash. Don't worry, hindi na mauulit." Jenna assured the both of us.

"Oh basta Magui, ako make up artist mo ah!" Gia said and showed me her brushes. She's currently doing her makeup kasi.

"Ako... wala support system ganun. President ng fans club." Savannah scratched the back of her next as we all laughed.

"Grabe, Mags. Big time ka na talaga! Walang kalimutan ah?" Malia said while looking at my poster that the management made.

Kahit ako ay hindi makapaniwala. I'm used to working behind the scenes, who would've thought that I'll be the public figure myself?

"Sus, mas sikat pa nga kayo sa'kin eh." I stayed humble.

After telling the girls the good news, I already left the studio to meet Riley. It's been a week since went back to Manila. Umuwi muna siya sa family niya in Pampanga kaya ngayon na lang ulit kami magkikita. I was able to buy a 2nd hand car kaya I started driving again.

"Congrats, Magui!" She hugged me after I handed her a poster of my solo concert.

"Do you want to sing with me?" I asked her while we were ordering the drinks.

I remembered that she told me that she's been busy singing. I'm still curious about it so I wanted to hear her. It's my solo concert so I can invite any guest that I want to perform with me.

"I only sing for commercial jingles. Hindi ako pang world class, Mags." She declined my offer.

"Dali na! You'll be singing with me naman eh." I pouted.

"Okay, fine. You know that I can't say no to you!" She rolled her eyes at me.

The following day, I invited Riley to the VL house. She said that she'll be late so I went to the studio and started to plan what I would do at the concert.

"I'd definitely sing Sanctuary," I told myself while looking at my list of songs.

I only have a few songs and most of them are theme songs for movies and teleseryes. It's my concert so I can do whatever I want. It's okay if I wouldn't sing for the whole 2 hours.

"Hello!" I looked at the door and found Ashi waving at me.

"Don't you have a shoot today?" I asked, confused.

"Canceled 'yong shoot. Nagdate na lang yung girls." Ashi explained before sitting down beside me. "Are you planning for your concert?"

"Yeah." I said coldly before returning to what I was doing.

"Magui, I know you're mad at me." Ashi started. 

"I'm not mad at you. I'm acting as a friend." I explained myself without looking at her.

"Gawain ba ng magkaibigan ang magiwasan? I know this is hard for us, Mags. But can't we act like normal friends?" She begged. "Treat me like how you would treat the other girls. Pretend that I'm Cleo."

"Ashi, I don't have time for pretends. I have to plan a lot of things today. Inaasahan 'to ng management mamaya." I continued being cold to her. I didn't know why.

Ever since she told me that we should start being friends, all the emotions I'm keeping from within want to come out. Gustong gusto ko magalit. Iniwan nila ako, pinabayaan. Ashi destroyed my company and celebrated my downfall. Lahat ng 'yon binalewala ko. Lahat ng 'yon tiniis at pinilit kong kalimutan. I felt like a ticking bomb and I already exploded.

"Let me help you, Magui. Please?" She smiled at me.

"Do you have any suggestions?" I asked.

"Why don't you write a new song and sing it at your concert?" She suggested.

"I'm thinking about a lot of things lately. Wala akong creative juices to write a new song."

"I'll help you! Remember how quickly we finished writing my song? Baka makagawa ulit tayo when we work together!"

"I said I can't think, Ashi. If I said that I can't do it, then I can't. We need another plan." I wasn't able to control myself.

I saw how shock she was. She wasn't expecting me to scold at her. I didn't expect it too. Kahit naman sa Solace ay hindi ako ganito makipagusap sa mga emplayado ko. Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit umiinit ang dugo ko.

"I'm sorry." I told her. "I'm just stressed lately."

Ashi held my hand, "I understand Magui. Ano pa't naging friends tayo kung hindi kita iintindihin? I'll help you kahit sigawan mo pa ko ng paulit-ulit."

"You don't deserve that, Ash."

"I do. Kulang pa nga 'yon sa lahat ng nagawa ko sa'yo. But don't worry, Magui. I'll make sure that your concert will be a hit. Para sa Solace, okay?"

I gave her a soft smile before we went back to work.

"What if kantahin mo yung kantang sinulat mo before? Yung ayaw mong ibenta?" She suggested again.

She was referring to the song that I wrote for her para sana sa 4th anniversary namin. It was the song that I was supposed to sing before I ask her to marry me.

"Hindi pwede."

"Why not?" She continued to bug me.

"It's not for the world to hear." I simply answered.

Ashi was about to ask another question when the doorbell rang. I immediately stood up and opened the door to avoid Ashi.

"Riley!" I yelled when I saw her at the gate. I welcomed her inside the house. "Ashi's going to help us with the planning." I informed her before we entered the studio.

"Hi Ashi!" Nakipagbeso sa kaniya si Riley before sitting in between of us.

"Hi." Ashi stifled a smile.

"So what is our agenda for today?" Riley asked as she took the paper that Ashi was holding.

"We're trying to plan her sequence during the concert," Ashi answered and pointed to some things on the paper Riley was holding.

"Why don't you sing the song we wrote during the music fest in Manitoba?" Riley suggested. "If your world falls apart I'd start a riot"

Riley started singing to remind me of that song. I suddenly remembered it. It was back when I was still a songwriter. It was our favorite song. We can't stop singing about it.

"If night falls in your heart
I'd light the fire
In the dark, when you sound the alarm
We'll find each other's arms
For your love, all you are
I'd start a riot"

I started singing and she sang with me.

"What do you think?" Riley asked me again.

"'Yan na lang kantahin natin during our segment," I told her.

"Kakanta kayo?" Ashi interrupted our conversation.

"Yup." Riley answered Ashi's question. "Magui wanted to have a duet with me eh. Why don't you two make a duet also? Napanood ko yung duet niyo before, kinilig ako!"

"We're not doing that anymore," I told Riley while looking at Ashi.

I know Ashi finds it uncomfortable to talk about us anymore.

"I'd love that!" Ashi smiled at Riley. "I'd love to do a duet with Magui."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453K 9.7K 30
Guns on their heads Each trigger waiting to be pulled Tears on their cheeks Drop them, if only they could Dennise, a rebel girl, was...
415K 12.9K 93
*Editing* Sabi nila walang pinipiling panahon at pagkatao si kumpareng Tadhana. Pag tinamaan ka daw ng kidlat at kulog nito kahit pa gaano ka kawasak...
85K 2.8K 34
Exes. Two people who already have chosen different paths but because of an incident needed to cross paths again.
9K 392 38
Highest rank achieved: #1 "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak, sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." - Kyth Sandoval All...