Retaliation ||1963-1983||

By Sarah_Mateen

⚜Greed for the Money is same as a Road to the Darkness. ⚜Love ends when the greediness comes in the way. ⚜T... More

1: Mystery Begins.
2: How to Trust?.
3: Miss Minerva's lil' Secret.
4: Who is Ana?
5: Curiosity Kills.
6. Hunter's Cafe
7: A made up Detective
9: Guilty Conscience
10: Origin 1963

8: A Guest At Meadow Nook

20 4 2
By Sarah_Mateen

Of course, he knew the way to the Meadow house. In last 20 years he had been coming here every month. He knew that it's righteous owners died years ago along with his father. This place always made him remind of his father. He was a sincere man, loyal to his job and he did what was in his power. Till his last breath he was determined to catch the killer. But ever since his father got murdered, Joseph began to despise the idea of being a police officer. He got so many letters from the station offering him different jobs. His father's close friends requested him to stay with them but he turned down their offers every time despite being asked so many times.

He wanted to live in his home, in his father's home. Miss Grandy, his neighbor was his only guardian left, she owned the 'Hunters Café' at that time. That nice woman used to fetch him food everyday and night. She even let him had the restaurant after her.

Joseph always knew that the killer was on loose but he never tried to  find him. Even though he wanted to slice his body down into thousand of pieces. The fire inside of him never subdued. He just learnt to endure it.

He was now standing in front of an iron gate. He pushed it open and there came in view was a huge building. He started walking down the path between the tremendous garden. He couldn't see the end of the garden, there was darkness all around him. Monstrous trees stood tall, its dark gnarled branches were emerged in the sky. Everything around him was so dead silent that he could hear his own steps, leaving behind footprints in the snow.

The sky looked heavenly beautiful. Ice crystals in the clouds were reflecting the sunlight which gave birth to the purple clouds.

Radically beautiful

It felt as if everything was taking note of his steps. He could feel presence there as if he was being discussed. He looked around himself as if trying to find his father like a lost child.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you Dad." he whispered to himself.

It was the first time he actually crossed that iron gate and was not standing outside looking at the building. Every step was becoming more heavier to take, he felt guilty for hiding away for so long. He while looking around, walked towards the front door and knocked on it. For a second Noel's face came to his mind. How she begged his father to help her.

I have to fight I cant run away like before, I wont this time. I have to face whatsover is coming for me. Even if its death. I'm not scared anymore. I'm into it now. No more hiding Joseph Edward Williams.

He heard the clicking of lock. And there stood Adeline Carter in front of him. Suddenly a smile formed on his lips.

A human. This girl, why is she always this chirpy? And why does she always gawk?

"You can stop gawking now." Joseph smiled.

"I'm Not gawking!" She snapped.

"If you say so." he shrugged. "Looks like you were expecting someone else."

"No it's just you came earlier than I expected."

"Oh yeah that I believe is correct." He nodded and walked past Adeline. He entered the warm hall.

He took off his coat and hung it from the nearby hook revealing a black shirt underneath it. 

"Ah. Muffler. Yeah." He unwrapped his muffler off his neck and handed it over to Adeline.

What am I supposed to do with it? Stuff it in his mouth?

He ran his fingers into his soft brown hair and pushed them back from his face. Due to intense cold his ears had turned red. And his eyes? They always stand out. They looked spectacular on his extra pale skin.

He took noticed of the fireplace that was keeping the house warm from the inside. It did feel like home after years.

How did she do it? How did she make it livable again?

"Ah, you can take a seat if you like." She threw her hands in the direction of the couch. "And also, this time you're gawking. Sir"

"I may be, It's the house Miss Carter. I never so many memories with this place. It looks magnificent." He sat down on the couch and looked in her direction.

"Ah Thanks? Okay, I'll be in the kitchen preparing some sandwiches for us meanwhile you can read a book or something, there's a bookshelf behind you." she clapped her hands in confusion and went straight to the kitchen.

He was still eyeing her every movement. And she knew. She went through her knifes collection and picked a gigantic knife. It was in her right hand when she peeked in his direction. He was not there. Joseph was no longer sitting on the couch. Her head jerked up and she was about to stride into the hall along with the knife when someone grabbed her from behind her, breath caught up in her chest. A sharp blade was placed on her neck and his other hand snatched the knife from her hands and toss it to the other side of the counter.

"Did you think I'd come unprepared?" He hissed. His chin rested on her shoulder. And his left arm took hold of her hands.

Adeline was still processing what had happened. His abrupt move froze her whole body and after realizing what was happening she spoke inaudibly.

"W-What a-are you doing Joseph?" She sounded scared.

"Can't you see? I caught you finally."

"What do you mean? You're scaring me Joseph. Now if you may please release me." She knew it was a prank. This is what David does all of the time so she was kind of used to it by now. But his voice, it did scare her for a moment.

Joseph let out a dry laugh "what did you think really? That I wouldn't notice? I knew it the moment you stepped into this house! I knew he's back!" He snapped.

"You're hurting me Joseph. Let me go!" She struggled to get free from his grip but he tightened it even more squeezing the air out of her lungs. It wasn't a prank, It was real.

"Alas, I can kill you too if its needed so you better cease your movement."

"Why do you want to kill me?"
Her voice, it was so unsteady and her body started shaking under his hold. "I think you misunderstood me Jos-"

"Yes, I did! I thought for a moment that maybe, maybe you're being honest with me, but see? I was wrong. This is all a trap, you called me here to kill me. And how stupid I was that I believed you even for a second." He said through gritted teeth.

"Why would I kill you?" She whispered.

"Because that's what you're here for. But sadly, you're just as stupid as Thomas was. Send a girl on me? Especially a stupid one. He thought he could distract me, thick witted he is." He has so much hatred in his voice.

His words were causing more pain to her than the blade pricking into her skin. And then a drop of blood slid down her neck from the point the blade was pressed.

"Where is he?" He asked.

"I-I-I don't k-know." And she started stuttering.

"I know you're here to kill me but I'm not gonna let that happen so you better tell me where's he hiding or Miss, unfortunately, I have to slice your throat in half as I'm the man of my word and I promised myself to kill anyone that's related to him" He voice was low and soulless. His eyes followed the drop of blood sliding down her throat. And then he saw another drop went down her neck but It was a tear.

A tear after another. "I-I said-d I don't-t know." Adeline said through little sobs. She was trying to prepare herself for whatsoever was coming. That's it, it's happening, you're going to die, be prepared.

Joseph rested his head on her shoulder and loosened his grip. In the back of his head he still wanted to believe that she wasn't lying but It was impossible. And he was so disappointed that it was her he has to kill because he knew that if he wouldn't kill her then she would kill him instead.

One of us has to die. And I can't let that man win this time. He can't trap me with a woman. I'm the only walking proof of that incident. I have to avenge the murder of my father, of Noel, of Thomas.

"What do you want me to believe than Adeline?" He lifted his head. "You, all of a sudden pop out of nowhere and now you says that you own his mansion? This house had been closed for 20 years, Miss Carter! Either you're somehow related to him or you bought it from him. But either way you have met him, don't you?"

Adeline's body was getting weaker with every passing minute. She had no energy to fight back and he was so strong.

"If you tell me the truth I'll let you go. Tell me how are you related to him, to Thomas.
And I'll let you g-"

Bang Bang Bang

Somebody was out there violently banging on the door.

"Every time I try to believe you, you prove me wrong. So you were not alone this whole time?" He looked down and shook his head in disbelief. A chuckle left his lips.

"It's- It's-" Her head was dizzy and she was unable to complete her sentence.

And then, something really weird happened. Music started blasting from the other side of the door.

Master Blaster -Stevie Wonder

"Of course! How could you be alone? It's him after all. But Adeline Carter I'm going to fight till my last breath and you're will watch me do that." He lowered the blade from her neck.

"It's- It's him." She whispered.

"I know." His eyes were fixed on the door.

"No-

EVERYONE'S FEELING PRETTY
IT'S HOTTER THAN JULY

*INSTRUMENTAL*

NOW

"ADI! OPEN THE DOOR!"

"David." She whispered to herself and looked at Joseph before collapsing into his arms.

.
.
.
.
A/N

GONNA UPLOAD SOON ;) STAY TUNED.

PLEASE DO VOTE AND GIVE YOUR FEEDBACKS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369 15 15
𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐫 ー 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥. "You took a bullet for me." "Of course I did." He answers wholeheartedly. "Did you mean it? What you said?" "Ever...
4.1K 473 26
Continuation of Afraid to Love. ~~~~~ If you paid for this book and/or are reading this story on a website other than Wattpad you are contributing to...
472K 23.4K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...
265K 5.4K 47
Georgia Alice Monroe. A young girl who has lived a life of only pain. Always paying the price so others around her don't have to. No one knows her...