The Cursed. (Thranduil Fanfic)

By CabbagePineapple

"What happen to me?" Thranduil felt something in his chest, bubbling in his blood. A terrible desire washed o... More

Incident
Imladris
The nightmare begun.
Encounter with the dragon.
Encounter with the dragon-Part 2.
❇The discussion❇
✖Bitter Truth✖
My nonsense note...
Longing (Part 1)
Longing(Part 2)
The sweet...
Turn Out.™
Sanity
Meal
Pretender
Fight
Who are you?
Vessel
Lurking in the shadow.
I came to collect you~
I came to collect you~2
◀Dark Reveries▶
Mirkwood.
Twisted Lie.
Searching
sorry
Journal
Journal( Part 2 )
Journal (Part 3)
Journal(Part4)
Journal(Part 5)
Journal (Part 6)
Journal(Part 7)
Elves of Lothlorien
∆Connection∆
€ Depart €
Welcome to Dale
Dale
puppet
Violate
Betrayed?
¶Regret¶
Trip
Removed
Accepted
Fate
Not an update! Chasing
Battle
Now
Not an update!!!!
Mischief Manager part 1
Mischief Manager part 2
Mischief Manager part 3
Mischief Manager part 4
Caged
The answer
Dol Guldur
Adar
not update
One shot
my precious
At his end...
What if...
Never doubt I love you

I miss you~

510 13 12
By CabbagePineapple

Legolas and Tauriel laugh out loud at their father's and the others actions. He didn't know that his father can be that sweet and mischief. And clumsy. He didn't believe it. It's hard to imagine it.

Tauriel wipe her tears from the stories. Now she and Legolas knew a bit about his father's past. It's lots of pain and a little sweet memories. Reading his journal make Legolas heart at east a bit. He still worry of his father condition. It's been a day the troop been sent off. Still no word nor news of his father's being. Tauriel been a good lad in his side.

"Tauriel,let's go to the dining halls first. Let us fill our stomach first before continue it"

"Alright"

They walk together to the dining halls. Legolas hold the journal tightly in his hand. Afraid of losing it. His mind still raced thinking about what voice his father had been hearing in his elfling time and who is the man in his dream. He think that the voice is the same one which spoke to him in his dream.

He saw the huge door of the dining halls. It's been a long time he's been eating here. With his father...

"Legolas"

"Adar!"

"Come sit on my lap"

Legolas ran on his little feet and hop onto his father's lap. He sat and lean against his father's strong chest.

"Now..let me feed you"

That's been decades ago...

"Legolas"

"Yes Father?"

Thranduil's face frown a bit but he covered it. He...missed how Legolas squeal and called him Ada'. Like others elves,they still called their parent 'Ada' and 'Nana',but not Legolas.

"Would you like to dine with me today? I'll be waiting at the dining halls"

"No Father,I'm going to eat with Tauriel"

"Well then,if you change your mind,you know where to find me"

With that Thranduil turned away and walked.

Thranduil always ask Legolas to dine with him everyday. But Legolas keeps rejected it. It broke his heart but he keep think positively.

'Maybe Legolas is tired'

'Maybe he is busy'

That what he kept saying to himself.

Until one day

"Legolas,will you dine to me please?"

"No,father. There's a work need to be done. And I don't like to stop at the half of the way" he rejected harshly.

"Can you please leave your work for a while? Acompany me for a minutes?"

"No!"

Then,Thranduil stop asking him to dine together.

He can't remember when is the last time his father asked him. Tears rushing to his eyes from the memories. How harsh has he acted toward his father. How disobedient he is. How rude he is.

"Legolas?"

"Forgive me"

"No..it's fine. You missed your father. I am"

"It's been a long time since I dine with him Tauriel"

"The last time is when I was an elfling of I not mistaken. Every time he asked me to dine with him I decline it. I broke his heart until he stopped asked me to accompany him"

"Enough Legolas..he sure can understand you. He loved you"

Tauriel pulled a chair for him and he sit. Tauriel then pulled a chair for herself and sit. A maid with a worry face come bringing a tray of food.

Legolas just played with the food around. He lost his appetite earlier. When he see the big chair in front of him,he saw his father smiling bright at him. He shook his head and the image disappear.

"Adar! I don't like tomato!"

"Greenleaf...it's good for you.."

"No! They said when we ate tomato,a tree will grown up upon our head the next day!"

"Ahahhahha. Who told you that?"

"Elrond!"

"Ahahhahhhaha. Don't hear what he said to you. He just want to tease you" Thranduil smiled brightly.

That is the last time he recall his father smiled happily. Then his smile became more and more less and gone. He never smiled again.

"Adar...I miss you..."

============================

The lost pages....

Legolas and Tauriel went to the library to continue reading the journal.  It's already night now. Still no words about his father. He began more worries thinking of his father.

'Where are you...'

Tauriel look to him with a sad eyes. She knew he is worried about his father. She worried about him too. Thranduil had been a great and wonderful king even he's so cold. His people loved him. The missing of Thranduil can set all the elves into chaos. So they had to keep this as a secret. Some of them is asking why Thranduil not in the throne room like the usual,they just said he went to Imladris.

The elves shocked of their king sudden department to Imladris but they respect it. They know their king need rest to. So they just doing their daily work and live happily.

Legolas and Tauriel take a seat at the back of the library to avoid any others elf when they read the journal. Once they sit,Legolas open the journal. He turn to the last page they read,when he turn to the next page...there is no page! And the next one and the next one and continue. All the pages had been tear off from the book. The middle part of the journal all been tear off. There is nothing to read of.

Legolas and Tauriel looked at each other curiously.

"Tauriel,there is no pages. He must have tear it off the book"

"Maybe it was something that he really doesn't want to remember. Something dark"

Legolas looked carefully at the bottom of the book,there wrote,

'Killed him. Killed the king in front of me. The orcs pierce their foul blades into his body. Fell to the ground with wide empty eyes staring at me. I cried,even though I hate the king,he still my father. One last family. Then the dragon came. Breath out it's massive fire out. I tried to ran but it was too late. It burned my left body part. Scarred me. Made me blind. Then clawed my chest'

Both of them shocked at what Thranduil wrote. They didn't know that their king is blind by one eye. He seem so fine to them. No injuries no scar. Then Legolas remembered something. The scar he saw at Imladris. That must be the scar of the dragon. So hollow and burned. Still not healed after thousands years.

"Is it true Legolas?"

"I...I don't know. All this time he just smile at me like nothing hapened to him. Killing all his foes with a few swings of his twin swords. He even knew when there is a foes at his back and the left part of him. Like he can see them. Like he...he's not blind"

"He never tell me anything. Even about Naneth"

'Maybe it was something that he really doesn't want to remember. Something dark'

Legolas heard what Tauriel just said to him. Yes...maybe that's why he buried all of that by himself. It's pain him too much.

They continue at the pages left. This time,it wrote carefully by his father. The father he knew. His father usual handwriting.

____________________

I miss her. My light in my life,my saviour now gone. Legolas asked for her many time to me. And I don't know what should I said to him. I sent many troops to search for her. But they still didn't met her. It's been months now.

I went to Esgaroth myself. All the human bow to me as the King of the Elves. I pay them no mind. I went straight to the market she said she want to and asked of her to the sellers. All the sellers shook their head. They never saw her here.

My heart broke into pieces. Crumble. What should I said to Legolas about his Naneth. My poor Greenleaf. I don't have heart to tell him. The half part of me is gone with her. Now,I only have Legolas.

I made up my mind to tell Legolas the true. Hoping he can cope with it.

"Ion-nin.."

"Adar! Where is Naneth?! She promise to read to me! When is she gonna come back?!"

"Ion-nin,listen here"

I scooped him into my arms and hugged him.

"Naneth is...Naneth is no more ion-nin. She..she's gone..."

Tears spilled from my eyes. Fell onto the floor with a poud tap. Legolas body stiff in my arms. I hugged him tighter. Afraid of losing him.

"Naneth...is..not going to come back?"

"Yes..she..she's gone. To the better place.."

"O..okay"

We hugged each other until we fall asleep.
______________________

Our relation grew tense each years. He spent little time with me. Always went out with Tauriel. Whenever I asked him to stay with me he refuse it. It hurt my heart but I pushed it away. He's growing up,he need his own space. Not a bother from the old man.

Spaces between us keeps getting. Getting more harder to reach him. Even though I tried so hard,he still out of my reach. Leaving us speechless when we stumble each other.

Today is Legolas begetting day. It's hard to believe it. My son already grown to a nice elf. So handsome and so much like his mother. Oh how much I missed her. If she can see him like this. She sure be proud of it.

I beamed a smile to him which so hard for me do,but he just shrugged me off. And that time I knew,my others light is gone. The small fire of awareness dead in my heart. There is no more hope for me. I fell into darkness. They said wine can help me forget about it. So I tried a bit. Yes they help me forget all the pain for a while. And I addicted to it. It's so good to forget all the pain.

No more people love me. No more. All the people I love shut me out. Keep me distance. Like I'm just a deadly plague. No one will heard me,comfort me. I back to the first step,I am no one.

Why is this happening to me?
_______________________

The old voice came back to me. The cursed of the serpents of the north now consuming me. I almost killed my own son. There is something controlling me. Commanding me to do that and this.

Elrond ask for me accompany him to take a walk. We strode at the old way we used to. I haven't went here after the dead of my wife.

We stumble upon a hut. A little girl stood outside of her house,plucking some veggies. Then I heard it.

My lovely wives voice.

Calling for her child?

When she turned,I gasp. It's really her! Then a man came out of the hut. It was Maendes. The guard who supposedly protecting her. They,married to each other...

My heart explode into nothing. No more mercy. No more blessed. Just anger and rage.
I almost shifting due to my anger,but something stop me. And I fainted.

Why does she leave me just to marry the useless elf?

I love her more than anything,
And she paid it like this.

Traitor!

____________

Legolas gasped. He didn't know that his mother is still alive. Now he regret more. He spatted insult to his father and now he knew the truth. The blamed is all on his mother. Not his father. All this time he think that his father is the one who made her go away. Leaving him. But...the truth is,she is the one who left them.

Tauriel turns to him disbelieve.

He didn't believe it either.

Now..all the secrets is revealed. Now,he must find for his father!

And.......that's the end of the journal part. I tried to make it more simple. No need to lenght in more. And...we rwturn to the present! Yay!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.3K 16
The Great Greenwood used to be a merry place filled with parties you'll never forget and people you'll always remember. King Thranduil and his lovely...
76.7K 1.7K 20
Artemis that's my name. A Long long time ago a young elf prince gave it to me. He was the crowned elf prince of Mirkwood. His name Legolas he was a v...
6.4K 150 21
"What gives you the right to talk like that to me? I'm a king!" Thranduil boomed at you, but you stood your ground. "Lock me in a cell, kill me. Do w...
180K 5.5K 35
Farren was told to never go beyond the borders that separated her town from the woodland. Hearing stories of people who cross the border and never co...