Here, Under the Stars

By aristically

"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
EPILOGUE
EPILOGUE (AUTHOR'S CUT)

CHAPTER 20

3.6K 91 151
By aristically

-- ASHI --

"Ayown, may pa-milk tea si mayora!" Gia opened the front door and took the milk teas in my hands.

Tinulungan na rin ni Stella si Magui sa mga bitbit niya before we made our way to the dining table. The girls ordered chicken, pasta, and pizza. They didn't eat until we arrived.

"Ashi, tabi tayo." Malia offered the chair beside her.

Hindi ko siya pinansin and I sat on Cleo's chair instead which was right beside Magui. Mas gugustuhin ko pang tabihan si Magui kaysa kay Malia.

"Ako na lang uupo diyan." Cleo sat beside Malia.

Kumuha ako ng pasta at nilagyan ko yung plato ni Magui. I even took a piece of chicken and slice of pizza for her.

"Ubusin mo 'yan, ha? You haven't eaten all day." I instructed Magui who was just staring at me. Nakangiti pa nga.

I was about to get food for myself when I noticed the girls' quiet stares.

"Kakain ba kayo o hahampasin ko kayo?" I asked while I pointed the serving fork at them.

"Bati na kayo?" Savannah began teasing again.

"I know the truth na. Luke told me." I explained to the girls. "Pinakinggan ko na rin si Magui."

The girls cheered like we won the lottery or something.

"Team MaShi for the win!" Jenna continued to cheer.

MaShi.

I gave them a fake smile.

This day felt so surreal.

It was my escape from reality.

But I know that tomorrow wouldn't be the same. Magui and I are broken up. We're no longer together and it wouldn't be easy going back to that path.

I huge part of me is still broken. I lost my trust and the ability to fall in love again. I'm sure Magui is too. Mas malaki ang nawala sa kaniya and she can't just pretend na okay na ang lahat. I still took Solace from her. I would never forgive myself for that.

After eating, I went to Magui's room. I saw the other girls keeping her company so I just knocked so they would acknowledge my presence.

"Good night, Mags." I smiled at her before leaving.

I heard the other girls teasing her. They should stop before it gets uncomfortable for the both of us. Mahirap ipilit ang isang bagay na hindi pa tinatakdang mangyari.

I took a shower before I changed to my pajamas. I was about to sleep when someone knocked. Malia entered my room and I sat to face her.

"Alam mo na?" She couldn't look me in the eye.

"That you pushed Magui away? Yes, I know about it already." I tried to remain calm. "Do you know what you did? Kayang-kaya ayusin yung problema sa loob ng isang buwan pero umabot ng apat na taon dahil sa'yo! If you didn't push Magui away, edi sana nahanap natin siya noon. Sana napakinggan natin yung side niya. Sana hindi na siya umalis. Sana hindi ko na siya nasaktan."

"That's why I want to sorry. I was just protecting you. Ayokong masaktan ka nanaman niya. Pati na rin yung ibang girls. Kayo ang buhay ko, ayokong nasasaktan kayo." Malia started to tear.

"Pero nasaktan mo ko, Malia. Si Magui yung buhay ko and you took her away from me. You didn't give her a chance to explain herself."

"Bakit? Ako lang ba? Sino ba ang unang tumulak kay Magui? Ako ba? Diba, ikaw? You chose to hide the truth instead of confronting her. You chose to walk out on her noong anniversary niyo. You chose to give a deaf ear kay Magui when she was chasing you. So tell me, is it only my fault? Don't you share blame on this one too?"

"Ano ba kayong dalawa?" Cleo suddenly entered my room. The other girls were there too.

They all entered my room and locked the door. Halatang ayaw iparinig kay Magui na nagkakagulo na kami.

"Kung kailan namang naayos na ang relasyon natin kay Magui, saka pa kayo magaaway?" Cleo continued to scold us. "Para kayong mga bata!"

"Si Malia kasi, eh!" Pagsusumbong ko. "Kung hindi niya hinarangan si Magui, baka narinig pa natin ang explanation niya. Baka hindi na sana siya umalis!"

"Ako pa?" Malia started raising her voice at me. "Hindi ba ikaw yung nag sabi na ayaw mo nang makita ulit si Magui? Lahat kami nakikinig lang sa'yo ah?"

"Pero hindi ko sinabing palayuin mo?"

"I said enough!" Cleo yelled. "We all share a blame on this one. Hindi lang si Ashi, Magui, at Malia ang nagkamali. Tayong lahat! We all chose to close our ears. Walang pupuntahan 'to if we would point fingers at each other. Tapos na. Nangyari na. Nasira na. We can't change the past but we can control what happenes next. Andito na si Magui, kompleto na ulit tayo. Let's start fresh and help each other rise from that tragic night na si Alya naman talaga ang may pakana."

"Cleo's right." Stella added. Sila talaga ni Cleo amg tumatayong mga magulang sa'min dahil sila ang pinakamature. "We can't undo what already happened so let's just help each other. Especially si Magui. We have to help Magui stand back up again. Now that we're complete, let's not make her feel that she's alone again. Let's be real friends to each other."

After that confrontation, the girls made their way to their rooms already. I wasn't sure if I'm already ready to forgive Malia.

There are still a lot of regrets. I want to forgive her because she's been a real friend to me. She didn't leave my side when I was breaking apart. Tama si Magui, Malia was just protecting me and the girls. She was preventing us from receiving more pain.

Maybe I got so mad at her because I haven't forgiven myself yet. Tama rin naman kasi si Malia. Hindi lang siya ang nagkamali. Mas marami akong pagkakamali kay Magui.

I posted a picture of me and Malia on my Instagram story, close friends.

ashi: i'm sorry, I love you ❤

Later on, she replied.

malia: I'm sorry too. But I want you to know that I had no regrets. I will always choose to protect you and the girls. We're family!

Stella woke me up because I almost overslept. Pupunta ulit kami sa studio para sa release ng bago naming kanta. This is really a big deal for Cleo and Stella.

I took a bath and wore my casual OOTD. We don't have to be so fancy like Nights of December dahil hindi naman sa mamahaling hotel ang venue.

Everyone rode the van one by one. I was busy updating my followers about the new single when I saw Magui.

"Dito ka na, Mags." Stella transferred to the back so Magui could sit beside me.

I took a deep breath.

We're back to reality.

"Adi..." She whispered as she tried to call for me.

"Ashi." I corrected her. "We've already had our day. It's time to go back to where we are standing right now. Friends."

Friends.

Hanggang kailan?

Pagdating sa studio, we waited for the countdown before we heard the final music.

"Congratulations, Cleo!" I hugged her.

"Stella niyo, strawberry na sa pula." Savannah teased as Stella couldn't stop herself from blushing.

I took out my phone to tweet the album cover of 'Dalangin.'

ashi: 'Dalangin' is now out on every music platform 🎶 Don't forget to stream it non stop dahil sa oras na kami'y bigo, sa inyo'y hinding hindi susuko 🙏❤

I also posted a picture of Magui. I took it awhile ago when she fell asleep at the van.

4shipr1v: natatanging kayamanan na matuturing na tahanan ☀️

***

Months passed by quickly. Magui is now fully recovered and she's getting ready for her first day of work. Magui's been through a lot this past couple of months.

Recording companies wouldn't hire her because of the issue. It's not easy to find a job in the field of music. Super onti lang ng opportunities kaya Magui ended up as a singer in a karaoke bar.

She wouldn't earn high since raket lang but she told us that she wouldn't stop until she finds a real job.

"We can't hire her, Ashi. Makakasama sa image natin yung scandal niya." Our head director wouldn't allow Magui to work on the recording studio we're working for.

I owe this to Magui kaya I really want her to find a stable job. Hindi siya makakapagipon for Solace if raket-raket lang siya.

"Magui is just a victim too. Just please give her a chance, promise! Hinding-hindi niya kayo bibiguin."

After pleading, our head director finally said that he'll think about it. Sumunod na ako sa karaoke bar kung saan ang first raket ni Magui.

The girls were seated at one table and I joined them. Magui was already on the stage preparing to sing. I saw that she was nervous so I waved at her. She smiled when she saw me.

I took out my phone and started a live on Instagram. I told my viewers to support Magui's performance so that someone big might notice her. When the music played, we can't stop cheering. It was Magui's turn to sing bus she just froze.

People were starting to 'boo' her so I had to help her. I told Stella to take over my live as I took a mic and went my way on stage.

[ASHI]
"Little do you know
How I'm breakin' while you fall asleep
Little do you know
I'm still haunted by the memories
Little do you know
I'm tryin' to pick myself up piece by piece
Little do you know
I need a little more time"

"Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside
I've been holding back for the fear that you might change your mind
I'm ready to forgive you, but forgettin' is a harder fight
Little do you know
I need a little more time"

I looked at her and smiled. I wanted to give her confidence like how she gave me confidence before. I remembered my first time singing on stage. Magui held my hand and sang with me. She was with me during the most nerve-wracking time of my life so I wanted to be here for her too.

[MAGUI]
"I'll wait, I'll wait
I love you like you've never felt the pain
I'll wait
I promise you don't have to be afraid
I'll wait
Love is here and here to stay
So lay your head on me"

"Little do you know
I know you're hurt while I'm sound asleep
Little do you know
All my mistakes are slowly drownin' me
Little do you know
I'm tryin' to make it better piece by piece
Little do you know I
I love you 'til the sun dies"

[BOTH]
Oh wait, just wait
I love you like I've never felt the pain
Just wait
I love you like I've never been afraid
Just wait
Our love is here, and here to stay

[ASHI]
So lay your head on me

[BOTH]
I'll wait (I'll wait), I'll wait (I'll wait)
I love you like you've never felt the pain
I'll wait (I'll wait)
I promise you don't have to be afraid
I'll wait
Love is here, and here to stay

[ASHI]
So lay your head on me

We looked at each other like how we looked at each other before.

We looked at each other with so much love in our eyes.

I miss you so much, my Solace. I love you.

[BOTH]
Lay your head on me
So lay your head on me

[MAGUI]
'Cause little do you know I
I love you 'til the sun dies

The crowd started cheering. Even our friends went on stage to hug us.

"Nakakakilig naman 'yon!" Gia teased.

"Oo nga kinilabutan ako doon!" Jenna added while showing her goosebumps.

"Magui, ampunin ka nalang kaya namin sa banda." Malia suggested. "Mag duet na lang kayo palagi ni Ashi."

I looked at Magui who was feeling overwhelmed. I hugged her tightly.

"You did so well, Adi." I whispered in her ear para hindi kami marinig ng iba.

"Tama na landi, 'no?" Savannah pulled me away from Magui. "May tabaho pa 'yan."

-- MALIA --

"Magui, pakiss!" Gia yelled to cheer for Magui.

She really has an angelic voice, people are cheering for her. Other dudes were also eyeing her, unaware na kay Ashi lang titingin 'yan.

"Hoy!" I pulled Gia to seat beside me. "Akin lang 'yan." I pointed at her lips.

"Selos naman 'to agad." She teased me.

"Hindi pwede, Gia." Jenna called her. "Kay Ashi lang si Magui."

We looked at Ashi who can't take her eyes off Magui. She was starstruck.

I wish they didn't have to end.

They were really meant for each other.

After Magui's two-hour performance, Ashi ran backstage to help Magui pack up. When they arrived, we placed Magui's things in the van before we walked around the garden.

Late night walks.

It's our thing!

We were with our respective girlfriends but I couldn't keep my eyes away from the two. I saw how much they still love each other while performing a while ago. 

"Babe nagtatampo na ko, ha?" Gia called for my attention.

"Ang lungkot kasi nung dalawa eh." I pointed at Ashi at Magui.

Kanina, in love, ngayon, ang awkward. Ang layo nila sa isa't isa, hindi pa naguusap.

"Don't rush it," Cleo whispered at me.

"They need a little more time." Jenna joined the conversation too.

The girls decided to go back like how we used to do before. Jenna, Cleo and I joined Magui habang sinamahan naman nila Gia, Stella, at Sav si Ashi. These were our original groups. Parang high school lang.

We were laughing and joking around when we bumped into a familiar face.

"Pigilan niyo ko! Makakapatay ako ng ahas dito!" Savannah reacted.

"How violent, Sav," Alya commented.

"Don't you dare come closer!" Jenna stopped Alya who was about to walk towards Magui.

"Hanggang diyan ka na lang kundi makakatanggap ka talaga ng sapak sa'kin." I blackmailed her.

"I missed you, Magui." Alya acted vulnerable in front of Magui pero dedma lang.

Magui didn't care about her anymore.

I look at Ashi who was hurting again. She was just staring at the woman who ruined their relationship.

"I see you guys are okay na. But are you okay, boo? I heard how Ashi took your precious Solace. How can you stay for her?" Alya wanted to seduce Magui but Cleo was quicker.

She pushed Alya away even before she can touch Magui.

"Hayop ka!" Ashi wasn't able to control herself anymore and she gave Alya one hard slap.

"Dasurv!" Gia whispered at me.

"Isa pa!" I heard Sav whisper too.

"Mas hayop ka!" Alya slapped Ashi kaya we all reacted to protect her. "She loved you but you ruined her life."

"Don't you dare lay your hands on her!" All of us were shocked when Magui suddenly reacted. She wanted to contain her anger but she didn't want anyone hurting her Ashi. She grabbed Alya on the wrist really hard.

"Magui, nasasaktan ako." Alya was trying to take her hand back pero lalong hinihigpitan ni Magui ang hawak niya. 

"Talagang masasaktan ka kapag hindi ka pa tumigil. Ano ka ba? Bobo o nagtatanga-tangahan? Ilang masasakit na salita pa ba ang kailangan kong bitawan para lang matanggap mo na hindi kita mahal." Magui raised on top of her voice.

The girls and I are looking at each other. We forgot how scary Magui can be. She can really be harsh with her words especially when it comes to the people she's protecting.

"I won't because I still love you, Magui. Ako ang deserving sa'yo hindi si Ashi." Alya pleaded.

"Wag kang desisyon diyan!" Savannah yelled at her.

"Tanggapin mo na kasi na hindi ka na mahal ni Magui! Sarili mo lang ang pinagmumukha mong tanga!" Stella added.

"Shut up!" Alya yelled at us. "Magui, ako na lang ulit. I can help you bring Solace back. I can help you stand up again basta ako na lang."

I looked at Ashi once more. I know she's afraid. 

She knows how important Solace is to Magui.

She's afraid that Magui would choose Solace over her.

"I would rather lose Solace than be with you." Magui finally let go of Alya's wrist and left her dumbfounded.

Magui started walking away and Cleo followed after her.

"Ay kawawa." Savannah stuck out her tongue before she followed Magui with Jenna.

"I hope you find someone who would love you," Ashi told Alya. "Because having someone to love you is the happiest feeling in the world. Halata namang walang nagmamahal sa'yo kaya ka nagkakaganyan."

Ashi and Gia also left so I was left with her.

I gave her one hard slap kaya napahawak siya sa right cheek niya, "Dahil ginawa mo kong kontrabida, yawa ka!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 5K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...
9K 392 38
Highest rank achieved: #1 "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak, sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." - Kyth Sandoval All...
5K 108 12
Masaya kitang ipininta, Nag aral ako kasama ka, Nahulog ako sayo ng hindi mo alam, Nawala ka ng hindi manlang nag papaalam.
85K 2.8K 34
Exes. Two people who already have chosen different paths but because of an incident needed to cross paths again.