The Boy In Her Dreams

By Benzita13

Who would have thought changing schools could be the strangest thing to ever happen? No one, of course! But s... More

Author's note
๐ŸŒบ PROLOGUE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER ONE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWO ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THREE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER FOUR ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER FIVE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบCASTS๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER SIX๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER SEVEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER EIGHT ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER NINE๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER ELEVEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWELVE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTEEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER FIFTEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER NINETEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY ONE๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY TWO๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY SIX๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY NINE๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY ONE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY TWO ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY THREE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY SIX ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ EPILOGUE ๐ŸŒบ

๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY NINE ๐ŸŒบ

60 22 2
By Benzita13

Caroline sat on a sofa, stylishly eyeing the bags of mum's outfits and accessories.

"Who're those for?" She asked.

I walked down the stairs in a rather bored tone, but deep down I was hoping to get more information out of her from what she had told me at the mall.

"That's none of your business." I retorted. She scrunched up her nose in dismay and glared at Sharon and I.

"I can see you both have lost your manners again, not like you had one before. You couldn't even—"

"Caroline, why are you here?" I asked, walking towards the sofa opposite Caroline as I glanced at Sharon who just stood by the door glaring at her.

She rolled her eyes and sat erect on the sofa, then cleared her throat. "I don't deserve to go to jail, so you kids shouldn't even try." She said.

I raised a brow at her and folded my arms. "Oh?"

She rolled her eyes at the word I let out. "Like I told you at the mall, I saved your mum. If not for me, she would have been a smelly, rotten part of the earth buried six feet under all of us."

I furrowed my brows. "But she isn't." She added.

Sharon walked towards us and sat on the living room table, still glaring at Caroline.

"You kids are really dumb you know. Your supposedly dead mother magically found her way to your home and you didn't even care to know how that happened. How she's alive and not dead as you all thought, how—"

"Caroline, if you don't get straight to the point right now, I'll forget you're my elder and throw you out of this house." I said calmly, but still meaning every single word I said.

She runs away, and comes back home, only to insult my sister and I while still claiming to know something about our mum she knows we don't.

Nonsense!

She stared at me in shock, but soon regained composure. She picked up her little hand bag and clenched it tightly, still trying to look calm.

"I hid your mother in a warehouse." She said. I didn't say anything, just nodded, urging her to continue.

"That was after your father had asked for my help to get rid of your mother, promising marriage in return. He actually wanted me to kill her." She continued, then came to a pause.

Sharon let out a loud scoff, folding her arms and rolling her eyes.

"I might've wanted the marriage because I genuinely liked your dad—" Sharon immediately let out a gagging sound, bringing her hand over to her mouth.

Caroline looked her up and down in annoyance. "Sharon, shut up and let me finish what I came to say."

I knew Sharon wouldn't say anything back, she never does. The only thing she could ever do was glare at her.

"As I was saying, I might've wanted the marriage because I genuinely liked your dad, but I wasn't ready to get blood stains all over myself in the name of love. So, I hid her." She came to a pause again.

I opened my mouth to speak, but she raised her hand up in front of me, signaling for me to stop. "I fed her, I'm not cruel. Even gave her clothes and took her outside a few times to take in fresh air." She said.

Yet mum came back home in rags.

Sharon rolled her eyes, probably doubting what she had said.

"What kind of food did you feed her with?" I asked.

She furrowed her eyebrows and darted her gaze to Sharon, then back to me. "What kind of stupid question is th—"

"I don't have all day. What did you feed her?" I asked.

She sighed in frustration. "Evan, watch the way you talk. It's because your father's not here, that's why you're speaking so rudely to me."

"You don't deserve to be spoken nicely to in the first place." Sharon said, shocking Caroline and I, but I still tried to maintain a stoic expression.

"You too? Sharon, I'm disappointed." Caroline said, shaking her head.

"What did you feed her? Because if you did feed her well, she wouldn't have come back home looking so weak and lean. God just did us a favor by keeping her alive for so long."

Caroline scoffed. "What else do you expect me to have fed her. I gave her fruits and vegetables, but she alone declined my offers. She also refused to put on the clothes I bought her, so I stopped buying her clothes but still fed her."

"So, how did she make it back home?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Somehow, she managed to escape."

"How could some one that weak escape from a warehouse?" I asked.

"Is it me you're asking. Ask the woman herself." She said, standing up and pulling her bag with her. "Where is she anyway?"

"Why do you want to know?" Sharon asked. Caroline brought her gaze to Sharon and with her eyes, raked her body in disgust.

"Out!" I exclaimed.

She darted her eyes to me and stared at me in suprise. "M-me?" She stuttered.

"Don't make me repeat what I said." I told her.

"Evan, this is wrong. I'm still your elder." She said. Without uttering a word, I took two step towards her. She flinched and took some steps back.

She brought her little bag over her shoulder, cleared her throat. Then, turned around to leave, but just when she was about to open the door, she turned around and said, "Remember, I was your mother's saver. I don't deserve to go to jail."

She sashayed out of the house, and Sharon quickly walked towards the door and shut it.

"Thank goodness she's out. The living room was starting to smell like ogiri." Sharon said.

I let broke into a small smile. "Why didn't you say that when she was here?"

"Because." She said. "I can't. You know that."

"You think the workers heard?" Sharon asked.

"Heard what?" Our discussion with Caroline.

"Most likely, yes, but that's their business." I said.

The living room fell silent for a while as Sharon stood up to put on the tv, then sat back on the sofa.

"Evan, could you call Ejiro?" Sharon asked.

"Why?"

"She's mad at me, and I want to apologize." She said.

I sighed, shoved my hands in my pocket and handed me his phone. "I don't even want to know what happened." I said, then stood up and headed upstairs.

"Wait! Evan." Sharon called.

"Hmm?" I answered, still making my way upstairs.

"Technically, hiding mum in a warehouse for years is the same thing as kidnapping, right?".

I was too tired to think. "I don't know, probably. We'll talk about that later." I stepped into the hallway, made my way to my room, pulled it open and went in.

------------------------------------

Hola amigos❤️

Is Sharon right?

Is hiding someone in a warehouse for years the same thing as kidnapping? Or is it just hiding?

Is Evan being really rude when he shouldn't?

Is he overreacting?

Or does Caroline totally deserve what she's getting?

And what about Caroline, what do you guys think of her, in general?

Let me know in the comments.

That'll be all for today, sorry it's short. Bye

Benzita13 🤗❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 16.4K 53
----------------------------- PUBLISHED AS A PAID STORY ON GOODNOVELS UNDER EDITOR'S PICKS. ------------------------------ You are an 100 lvl studen...
17.2K 3.4K 64
You dont know me." Akeredolu Yewande Deraline is admitted into one of the elite schools in nigeria. Bring friends with a rumored depressed freak, a g...
100K 6.5K 44
A break of sunlight casting throughout the fire set aflame in my dark and weary heart |just some short poems I wrote myself| #20 IN POETRY 7/10/2017 ...
190K 9.4K 55
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€›แ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€™แ€ผแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€ผแ€ฐแ€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€•แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€ฐแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ผ...