Here, Under the Stars

By aristically

"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
EPILOGUE
EPILOGUE (AUTHOR'S CUT)

CHAPTER 13

3.1K 59 153
By aristically

-- ASHI --

"Is she still here?" I asked Malia the moment she entered my room.

Savannah and Gia followed after her.

"She's staying here, Ash." Gia couldn't look at me while saying that.

"What? Bakit?" Tumayo ako sa kinauupuan ko. "Wala ba siyang bahay? Bakit dito?"

"We don't know!" Savannah answered me. "Cleo brought her home and Jenna made the final decision of letting her stay."

"Hindi pwede!" I was so mad. 

Bakit nila pinatuloy si Magui dito? Did they forget how Magui ruined me? Hanggang ngayon, I am suffering from the pain that she caused me. I know that it's not my decision if they want to forgive her or not but for Pete's sake, why is she staying here?

"This is our home. 'Wag tayong pumayag!" I told the girls.

Mga desisiyon sila. Dapat pinaguusapan ang mga ganitong bagay hindi yung basta-basta na lang silang nagdedesisyon without our approval. Ano pa't naghati-hati kami sa bahay na 'to kung isa lang ang masusunod?

"Don't worry, Ash. I'll make sure that Magui wouldn't stay long." Malia assured me.

I escorted the girls outside my room. We have to sleep early dahil maaga ang lakad namin bukas. We have a recording tomorrow for our new single.

"Mahal..." I saw Jenna chasing Savannah.

"Don't talk to me." Savannah rolled her eyes at Jenna and slammed the door on her.

"Dito ka na lang muna, Jen." Cleo told Jenna.

I watch her enter Cleo and Stella's room. I was about to go inside when Cleo stopped me.

"Give her a chance, Ash. You don't know everything." She told me before she left me.

I couldn't sleep. I can't stop thinking about Magui. I can still remember every detail of our first encounter. She was the cold guitarist of Vanya Luna who always wears black or neutral colors. 'New Girl,' that's how she used to call me. The girls keep on warning me that Magui can be rude and insensitive but I never saw that.

She was my driver, my chef, my doctor, my everything. Everything was surreal not until that tragic night. She was cold and distant. I was longing for her but she couldn't give me any time at all. I understand that she's busy but I have my needs too. Words aren't enough. Actions have to be done. That one night that I wanted to enjoy my life, that's the same night that ruined it all.

We were having fun at Cleo's house not until Annika sent her the picture of Magui kissing Alya. Our love story isn't perfect. We're flawed. But we must never normalize cheating even if it was just a mistake. Even if Magui begs for my forgiveness, it would never restore the trust I had for her before. It would never change the fact that I wasn't the only one.

I felt thirsty after hours of crying. I was hesitant to go down since Magui's room is near the kitchen but I did it anyway. As I passed Magui's room, I can't help but lean on her door. I placed my ears on her door. I couldn't hear anything but I was lokey hoping that she was also leaning behind that door.

I miss you, adi.

Even if you cheated on me.

Even if you're still hurting me.

I made my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I returned the pitcher to the fridge before I went to the back porch. I sat on the bean bag and stared at the stars. It was a starry night.

I took a picture of it and posted it on my private Twitter account.

4shipr1v: You're still my stellar universe.

After a while it got cold so I decided to head back to my room. I entered the house and locked the door when I noticed Magui in the kitchen. She was getting a glass of water.

"Hi." She gave me a soft smile but I couldn't smile back at her.

Seeing her this close wearing her comfort clothes and not her CEO outfit, I saw my solace. My comfort and consolation, my every day. 

Kung pwede lang, gusto kong kalimutan lahat ng nalaman ko. Gusto ko siyang yakapin at sabihin sa kaniya na mahal na mahal ko pa rin siya.

If only it was that simple.

I placed my glass on the sink before I faced her, "you're not welcome here."

I turned my back on her and slowly went upstairs. I looked at her from above, she was frozen in place. I think she started crying but I couldn't care less. She finished her glass, washed it together with mine, and she slowly walked towards her room.

My brows furrowed when I saw her walk. Why was she limping? Did something happen to her?

-- MAGUI --

"You're getting better!" Stella greeted me.

She and Cleo woke up extra early to help me with my exercises. I needed this to get my strength. When I woke up from a deep sleep, it was so hard to move my body. My legs were numb and walking was really a challenge.

"Onti na lang, Magui. Babalik ka na rin sa dati." Cleo cheered for me as I started walking alone.

It's been difficult to move around lately. Cleo always makes sure that Riley is attentive to me. I couldn't even go to the bathroom alone. Baka daw kasi bumagsak at mabagok ako. It's not obvious that Cleo is a bit OA, 'no?

"Everything will only go back to the way it was if I have Solace back," I told them both.

"And I will never get tired telling you that you can only get Solace back once you've fixed yourself." Cleo reminded me again.

I'm really thankful for her. She's been so patient with me even though I keep on telling her that I want to go home already in Canada.

After my morning exercise, I took a short rest. Stella then accompanied me to the bathroom. I showered alone and wore my clothes myself. Cleo insisted that Stella help me with all of these but she's not my caretaker. Besides, I can already manage myself. I'm getting better now.

"Let's eat breakfast." Stella fetched me from my room.

"Are the other girls there?" I asked nervously.

"Yes. We always eat breakfast together."

I didn't want to leave my room but Cleo will be mad if I skipped a meal again. Stella held my hand and patiently lead me to the dining table. I can see Savannah and Malia's cold stare at me. On the other hand, Gia was pretending that I wasn't around.

I sat down at the other side of the table. Stella said it was the vacant chair so I could sit there. She handed me a plate before placing rice on it.

"Busog pa pala ako." Savannah dropped her utensils and stood up from her chair.

"Mahal!" Jenna tried to change Savannah's mind but the latter was still mad at her.

Savannah rolled her eyes and went to the living room.

"Umagang-umaga." Malia couldn't hide her hatred towards me. 

"Stop it!" Cleo scolded her. "Can't we just eat our breakfast peacefully?"

"No, we can't." Ashi went down the stairs with a backpack in her bag. "Sa tingin mo ba maayos ang lahat dahil pinatira mo si Magui dito? It won't Cleo. If you insist of Magui staying, aalis na lang ako."

"You're not going anywhere!" Jenna stopped her.

"You can't make me." Ashi let go of Jenna's grip and stormed off the house.

Gia and Savannah followed her immediately.

"Wala pang 24 hours, nagkakagulo na." Malia sarcastically wiped her lips with a tissue before following Ashi and the other girls.

"I'm sorry." I couldn't hold my tears. "I didn't mean to ruin your relationship with one another. I can leave, Cleo."

"Hindi ka aalis." She demanded.

"But this is Ashi's home. She should stay here, not me." I tried to reason out.

"I'll talk to her." Stella volunteered. "I'm her best friend. I know she'll listen to me."

"Don't mind them, Magui. Eat your breakfast. I'll talk to the girls." Cleo stood up and left with Stella.

I was alone with Jenna. I couldn't look at her. I know she's mad at me. I remembered how she glared at me when I was helping her close their gate. But what I don't understand is... why was she being kind to me?

"Kumain ka na, Magui. Kailangan mo magpalakas." Jenna took some egg and placed it on my plate. She also gave me a piece of hotdog.

I looked at her and she was trying her best not to cry. I think she's hurting because she and Savannah aren't in good terms.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Alam ko na, Mags." She sat beside me and held my hand. "I'm sorry for everything. If only I knew, I wouldn't push you away."

"Cleo told you?"

"I overheard Cleo and Stella talking about it. It's not your fault, Mags. It's all Alya. But you know what, I admire your courage. Imagine, bumangon ka mag-isa? No one stayed for you yet you became the successful Magui Feola. You didn't shut yourself to the world, you rose from the pain." She suddenly hugged me tightly. "You improved a lot. I missed you Magui. When I lost you, I lost a sister and my favorite guitarist. I'm just happy you're back."

Jenna stopped hugging me when the door slammed. Savannah glared at me and ran upstairs. Gia followed her.

"I'm sorry about you and Sav. I know it's my fault." I felt bad again. They're fighting because of me.

Because Jenna chose to forgive me.

"Maaayos rin naman 'yon, Mags. Don't worry." She assured me. "Hindi pa kasi niya alam yung totoo kaya galit at nagugulahan pa rin siya."

"I want to tell her, Jen. But I don't know how to." I told her. 

"Don't rush it. Humanap ka ng magandang tiyempo para hindi maulit yung nangyari kay Ashi."

"What do you mean?"

"Remember when Ashi got into an accident months ago? You told her that you didn't cheat on her but she pushed you away. You weren't able to explain yourself because she was hurting. You won't be able to explain yourself when the girls are hurting. Hintayin natin na maging ready sila na pakinggan ka." She explained.

I wasn't able to finish my breakfast because I have a small appetite. Actually, before I harmed myself, I wasn't eating properly anymore. I used to skip meals a lot because I dedicated all of my time to work. That's the reason why they keep on saying na pumayat daw ako.

I helped Jenna with the dishes before I went back to my room. The girls have a recording today for their new single so Cleo was worried about me again.

"Cleo, I'm fine. Really." I assured her.

"But you can't be alone. Baka saktan mo nanaman ang sarili mo."

"I won't do that anymore, Cley. Besides, alam ko namang andiyan ka eh. It's not like you're not coming back anymore. Magrerecord lang naman kayo. I'll see you later, okay? I'll cook dinner for you girls!" I suggested so she wouldn't worry anymore.

"Hindi pwede! Baka magkamali ka diyan at sunugin mo pa yung bahay namin." We both shared a laugh.

"Grabe ka sa'kin! I know how to cook naman eh."

"Fine! I trust you, Mags. Tignan mo na lang kung ano maluluto mo diyan but please, don't burn our house. I also want to see you safe and alive when I get home."

"I won't I promise."

The girls aren't on good terms so they left in two separate cars. Cleo and Stella took Jenna with them while Savannah rode with Malia and Gia. Kikitain na lang raw nila si Ashi sa studio.

I really feel bad for Jenna and Savannah. This is my fault. It's my fault that they're hurting.

I closed the gate before I locked the house. Mahirap na, baka mapasok kami and the girls would definitely hate me forever. I wasn't advised to move around but I have no choice. They left me in a huge house by myself. What was I supposed to do?

I think it will also be good for me if I started moving my body too.

Nakakapagod ring humiga buong araw.

I cleaned the Vanya Luna house. I started by sweeping the floors before mopping them. I even wiped the displays and polished the stairs. I saw four rooms upstairs but I didn't bother to enter. Baka sabihin, trespassing ako. I just swept the second floor before I went down to the kitchen.

I drank a glass of water because I got tired. I was roaming around the house when I saw a large portrait of the seven of them. I'm really glad that they sticked together for each other. They're a family.

They're my family.

I took a picture of it and posted it on my Instagram story.

mfeola: my girls.

After a few minutes, I received comments from my friends.

rileysarmiento: Nakakatampo, Magui!

khaliamendoza: Hindi na ba ko girl? Bakit wala ako diyan? Hmp!

cleo: We missed you, our solace!

I liked my friends' comments before I posted a picture of me, Riley, and Lia.

mfeola: My other girls!

I was about to hide my phone to continue cleaning when I received a notification from our group chat.

riley: 'Other' 🥲

magui: Andami mo namang reklamo!

lia: Ako, okay na diyan, boss Mags 😌

magui: I love you both 💕

lia: Cheesy mo naman, Magui. Sana pala dati ka pa namin pinauwi ng Pilipinas, chz! Labyu too boss!

riley: love you too, Magui ❤️

I liked Riley's message before I continued cleaning. Sinunod ko yung studio nila since it was really dusty. When I finished, I noticed that it was almost nighttime.

I haven't cooked for a long time so I hope I don't disappoint the girls. I remember when Ashi slept at my house for the first time. She asked me to cook Sinigang. I didn't know how to. I was just following the video tutorial on Youtube and surprisingly, it was delicious.

It was the best Sinigang that Ashi has tasted.

I was so motivated to cook. Ngayon na lang ulit ako nagluto because I only order meals in Canada. I'm amazed at my memory that I still remember how to cook it despite not cooking for a long time. I took a sip of the sabaw and it tasted really good.

I hope the girls appreciate this.

I don't want to repeat what happened earlier so I already ate my dinner ahead of them. I washed my dishes before I set up their table. I covered the food before I went into my room. I took a quick shower before I lay down on my bed.

I think I overdid myself.

My eyes were shutting down. I feel so sleepy. I couldn't move my body. It feels numb from head to toe. 

Then it started to feel heavy. I couldn't breathe.

I wanted to reach my phone to contact Cleo but I really can't move my arms. 

This is not good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 392 38
Highest rank achieved: #1 "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak, sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." - Kyth Sandoval All...
150K 5K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...
5K 108 12
Masaya kitang ipininta, Nag aral ako kasama ka, Nahulog ako sayo ng hindi mo alam, Nawala ka ng hindi manlang nag papaalam.
85K 2.8K 34
Exes. Two people who already have chosen different paths but because of an incident needed to cross paths again.