Where He Belongs

By Feline_Fan

"You're not like the other wolves here, Colton. You're different." Colton was a rogue borne omega; a rarity... More

~One~
~Two~
~Three~
~Four~
~Five~
~Six~
~Seven~
~Eight~
~Nine~
~Ten~
~Eleven~
~Twelve~
~Uhm Technical Difficulties?~
~Thirteen~
~Fourteen~
~Fifteen~
~Sixteen~
~Seventeen~
~Eighteen~
~Nineteen~
~Twenty~
~Twenty-One Pt. One~
~Twenty-One Pt. Two~
~Twenty-Two~
~Twenty-Three~
~Twenty-Five~
~Twenty-Six~
~Twenty-Seven~
~Twenty-Eight~
~Twenty-Nine~
~Thirty~
~Thirty-One~
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five Part One
Thirty-Five Part-Two
Thirty-Six
~Thirty-Seven~
Thirty-Eight
~Thirty-Nine~
~Forty~
~Forty-One~
~Forty-One Part Two~
~Forty-Two~
~Forty-Three {Dawson, Part 1}
~Forty-Four~
~Forty-Five {Dawson: Part 2}~
~Forty-Six~
~Forty-Seven {Dawson: Part 3 (The Final Part)}
~Forty-Eight Part 1~
~Forty-Eight Part Two~
~Forty-Nine~
~Fifty~
~Fifty-One~
~Fifty-Two~
~Fifty-Three~
~Fifty-Four~
~Fifty-Five~
~Fifty-Six~
~Fifty-Seven~
~Fifty-Eight~
~Sneak Peak: Where They Belong~
**Check Out Book 2: Where They Belong**

~Twenty-Four~

13K 673 130
By Feline_Fan

A/N: Due to some unscheduled craziness, this was late. I'm so sorry about that but it's all taken care of for the most part. So here's ~Twenty-Four~

Pic: Andy

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

With all the pups home except for Emily and Andy's daughter Marci, the house was all picked up and I was starting too cook dinner.

I had venison tips searing in a skillet with peppers and onions. There was a knock on the front door. I turned down the stovetop and answered it. I soon found myself looking up into the friendly though handsome face of Andy. He had thick, chestnut hair and a chiseled jaw to die for. His light brown eyes lit up as he saw me. "Colton! So sorry I'm late."

"It's fine." I replied, stepping back. "Please, come in."

He smiled in thanks, coming into my little house. The pups came scrabbling into the room when they heard the door shut. "Daddy!" Marci screeched, throwing herself into his arms. "Home?"

"It's about that time, yeah." Andy agreed, holding her. "Was she alright?"

"An angel." I replied. "As usual. As for mine--"

As if one cue my son shifted into his wolf form, playfully growling at Andy. Andy chuckled at his efforts, giving him a pat. "Are you terrifying?" He teased before look at me. "I can't believe he's shifting already."

"You and me both."

The pup started to try and catch his own tail, spinning cutely in place until he got dizzy and stumbled into Emily, knocking her over. "Ouchy, Emmy," she exclaimed crossly, pulling on his ears when he tries to lick her face.

Emory yipped sharply in return; thankfully he was over his biting stage. He scampered off into the den with Emily close behind. "Home?" Marci asked again, looking sweetly at her father. She was a cute little girl who would no doubt ow into a beautiful young woman. I could only imagine what her mother looked like!

"Soon. Actually Colton, I was wondering what you were doing Friday night?" He set Marci down who scampered off to see the other kids in the den.

I pondered my schedule. "I can watch her," I told him, seeing nothing pressing in my future. Saturday I had to go the !Market to restock on food but I could make macaroni and cheese with bread crumbs and ham chunks. Emory and Marci both loved it. "Is she just staying through the day then or?"

"No, no." Laughed Andy. "I'm not asking you to babysit. I want to take you out. There's a diner in a town over."

"I don't know Andy." I bit my lip. He'd offered to take me out before and I could tell he was getting that I didn't like the flak it stirred up. "It's not proper."

"Proper?" He repeated incrediously. "Please. C'mon Colt. I really like you. And I think if you gave me a chance you'd like me too."

"It's not about likes." I rubbed a hand over my face, leaning against the counter. "It's about the fact that o have live here. My reputation is on the line here. No mother will bring her child here if they think I'm going to steal their mate right out from under their feet."

"You're not stealing me." Andy replied looking puzzled.

"In their minds I am," I muttered in return.

Andy smiled, stepping forward. Instantly my wolf got a little weirded out, having a male so close to me. He smelled so fresh and minty though. I loved it. "Colton. Don't you feel this...connection between us?"

He let his wide, warm palms run along my exposed forearms. My skins tightened instantly, fine hairs standing straight as a current seemingly passed between us. I felt an unsual pressure between my hips and some stirring in my jeans. A blush worked its way up my cheeks. As I scrambled for a response the door opened and my brother stepped in. "Hey-- Am I interrupting something?" My brother practically growled, eyeing Andy in a feral way.

I crossed my arms over my chest, embarrassed. "Of course not, Jeffery. Calm down."

"Sure looked like I was." Jeffery rounded on Andy who stood up a bit straighter, puffing out his chest some. They silently tried to intimidate each other was they glared heavily. The tension grew heavy and thick in the kitchen, making my wolf anxious.

"Stop it!" I snapped finally.

"Be quiet Colton," replied Jeffery not bothering to spare me a look. "So? Trying to get some are you?"

"Jeffery!" I practically squealed, stamping my foot furiously. "Enough!"

Andy glanced at me, at least acknowledging me unlike my broth. "Don't look at him," snarled Jeffery surging forward to shove Andy.

As growls rose in the room I knew that my poor kitchen was at risk. "There are children here!" I finally screamed, taking a half-full glass of juice from the counter and through it on my brother who sputtered, looking at me sharply.

"Damn-it Colton! You're not see him, understand? Now go finished dinner; I think it's burning."

The acid smell was hanging int eh air but I didn't care. I was more concerned with how my brother had spoken to me. I wasn't his mate. He had no right to tell me who I could and couldn't see. Acting more in spite than common sense I snapped, "I'll do as I like. Friday night sounds wonderful Andy. Let's say seven. I'll go get Marci's things."

I strode out of the room, hearing my brother stammering in opposition. Normally I was obedient and submissive, especially since I no longer had a growing dominate wolf inside me. But hearing him act like my father had was not sitting right with me. Before long father and daughter were on their way and we were alone. Jeffery grabbed my arm the second I was in reach. "What the hell are you doing, Colton?" He demanded shaking me slightly.

His grip was pinching and hurt. I pulled my arm away. "I'm an adult, Jeffery. I make my own choices."

The pan was a mess of charred, smoking bits. I flicked off the burner, carrying the hot pan to the sink, thanking my lucky stars that smoke detector never went off. Emory came scampering out to figure out the smell and I shooed him from the kitchen. "Look Colton. I know you like it think that but--"

"Think that?" I echoed furiously. "I'm nineteen years old Colton. I have a child. I think I'm capable of deciding who I date."

"It doesn't look good, Colton. Do you really want to lose business here because you're out whoring it up? It's not like you're making tons of money here."

I grit my teeth. "Whoring it up? So I'm a whore now?" I spat, a sear in my chest as I wondered if that's what he thought about me.

"No, Colton, you're not." Sighed Jeffery looking exhausted. "What I'm saying is--"

"No." Tears prickled my eyes. I felt so betrayed by him. How could he call me a whore? "I get it. If I wasn't such a whore I wouldn't have been raped and Liam wouldn't have left me, right?"

"Don't say that," snapped Jeffery. "You know that's not what I meant."

Then, like the omega I am, I burst into tears. I put my hand over my mouth in an attempt to quiet my sobs. I didn't know why I felt like this. Maybe it was the renewed pain of being rejected or the shame in the conception of my child or just the pitiful fact that he was right. If I tried to go and date Andy I'd lose business. People would think I was a whore. And like it or not, I couldn't really afford it. And no other job in town who willingly hire an omega. We were just too...what was it? Fragile. Jeffery hugged me tightly. I pressed my face into his shoulder and sobbed.

My brother ha deem very good to me these past few years. He built me this house free of charge, he protected me and made sure we had fresh meat whenever he made a kill. I owed him a lot. Without him... "I'm sorry," he muttered. Squeezing me tight. "I shouldn't have mentioned it."

"No I'm sorry," I bawled in return. "You're right. I can't...I can't date him."

Jeffery let out a breath of relief at my 'smart' choice. "Thank you, Colton. Besides, I don't think he has the purest of intentions in mind, you know?"

I nodded my head numbly, pulling back. The gaping ache inside me was throbbing once more with the knowledge that I'd be alone forever. No wolf would ever want a wolf with a kid, much less an omega. "Now I've burned our dinner," I sniffled, grabbing a tissue to dry my eyes. "I've got defrosted back strap but I know you don't really like it... I could chicken fry it?"

"That sounds fine, Colton. You're sure you're okay?"

I forced a smile. "I just o upset over childish things, Jeffery. I'm fine."

"You're only nineteen," he countered with a smile. "You're still a child in my book."

I rolled my eyes, sending him to check on the pups. My forced smile fell of my face instantly as I took out a meat. I mixed some spices into the flour and got a bowl of warm water. One thing I was getting used to was having indoor water. No well trips, just a main water line connected to a big spring under the town. I loved it. However, it was a
Most imprisoning, being trapped here alone. I had my brother and Xena, yes, but no real friends. Maybe it was because all they saw was a single omega with a pup. Maybe it's because I wasn't out enough. Andy was the first one to make e feel welcome. And the first one to give me feelings since Liam broke my heart.

I was so sure it meant something. But...who knew. I was just a kid after all.

I laid the meat in the bubbling melting lard with a sigh. I watched the breeding cook and turn a crisp brown. I flipped the strips, feeling as if I done it a million times already.

Maybe I was just bored.

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~
Axel's POV

"So, how does it feel?"

Karla playfully shoved me as we left the main dining hall in the Pack Office. My newly stepped down parents were enjoying their new freedom while I now had the whole pack on my shoulders. "Fabulous," I sneered sarcastically. "You look oddly chipper."

"Well, my big man's an alpha," she replied sardonically. "And our new house is closer to Drew and Shayna."

I nodded my head, mind buzzing with information. I had so much to worry about! Mounting tensions on the Eastern River Pack...the rogue problem that lay beyond our borders...the heir I was supposed to have... I unlocked the door to our new home. Karla and my mother had redecorated the whole thing. Karla told me our rooms were on opposite sides of the house. The master bedroom was made up to look just like the false one at home so no one would fight over it. Karla instantly wandered off to her side while I trudged toward my room.

I'd have to make a list of things to address in the morning. I'd have to sent up w meeting with out Patrol due to the lower prey counts we'd had as of late. If rogues had been stealing meat then they were our top priority. I was so caught in my thoughts that I jumped when I found a naked Drew draped seductively across my bed. One of those stupid throw pillows covering his cock. "Drew? What are you doing here?"

"Surprising my new alpha." He lifted a bottle of chocolate syrup. "C'mere."

I wanted to. I really wanted to. But I had way to much to do already. "Look Drew, I've got a lot to do--"

"So do it later," he whined. "Shayna and I put a lot put a lot of planning into this."

Great. So Shayna was in Karla's room too. "I'm sorry about that Drew but--"

"You've been ignoring me for weeks, Axel!" Drew sat up, pulling the sheet to cover his body. Nhis face was flushed, as if he were fighting off tears. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Drew. It's just--" I cut myself off, groaning in annoyance. Why did this have to happen tonight? I was exhausted and on the verge of forgetting everything I was supposed to remember. "Just go home, Drew. And take Shayna with you. I have to come to the office tomorrow anyway to--"

"So you want to do it tomorrow then?" He asked hopefully.

I bit back my cry of exasperation. "No, damnit! Relax. Honestly. You're not my mate, I don't have entitlement to screw you whenever you come begging to me. I have to do work, okay? And if you can't function around me then maybe your position would be better off given to someone else?"

Drew began to cry, gathering the sheet around him as he pushed past. "You're an asshole," he snarled before before slamming the door.

I didn't really feel guilty once he was gone. I was really just irked because he took the flat sheet that went to my bed. I sighed, sitting at my desk, and wrote down a quick to-do list for tomorrow. Then I set my alarm, stripped to my underwear and laid down.

Maybe some head wouldn't have been too terrible, I thought as I fought to calm my thoughts down enough to actually get some sleep. I had a feeling that being alpha would come with a lot of sleepless nights.

>>Question: (first response gets mention in next chapter) What do you think of Andy? Is Jeffery right about him or do your think he really likes Colton?<<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

984K 48.3K 19
Max and Allen are both Omega twins, Omega's are treated poorly and only used for sexual pleasure. Their parents abandon them, their pack disowned the...
1.4M 44K 40
*THE EDITED VERSION OF THIS BOOK IS ON TAPAS* Samuel Wolf, a low-life omega who gets abused by his pack at home and by his bullies at school, can't t...
29.3K 1.3K 14
When Tee, a young omega, took a shortcut into the dark forest to get to the nearby village, he didn't expect he would end up in the clutches of a men...
119K 6.4K 45
Book #2 in the Flicker Series Rayne is the son of Alpha Zaryn and Luna Eden. He is a small omega who loves his family dearly. His older twin brother...