At Your Service

By for_enhaaaaaaa

"I'll learn anything for the sake of you." Finding a suitable person to match you in work is harder than it s... More

Start+Notes
1-Hiring
2-Hired
3-First Day
4-Change Office?
5-Lunch With The Two
8-Meeting The Team
9-First Employee
10-Seminar
11-Drunk
12-Praises
13-The Next Morning
14-Panic
15-Their Talks
16-Realization
17-Adjustments
18-Their Meets
19-First Month
20-A Gift
21-Dinner with Chairman Park
22-Alone Time
23-Jake's Awareness
24-The Other Two
25-Heeseung's Plea
26-An Invitation
27-The Revelation
28-Reaction
29-The Aftermath
30-Jake's Past
31-Heeseung's Offer
32-Decision
33-Confession
34-Emptiness and Realization
35-A Lead
36-A Question
37-The Answer
38-A Speech
39-Getting Him Back
40-The Real Response
41-A Visit
42-The Night Before
43-Paid Efforts
44-A Promise For Forever
End

6-Catching Up With Sunoo

2K 124 9
By for_enhaaaaaaa

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The meeting went alright. Jake glanced at Sunghoon, mouth itching.

"If you want to say something, just say it... You have all the right to tell me what you feel..."

Jake looked down and hesitated for a moment.

"Then Director... Are you okay?"

Sunghoon stopped walking and turned to Jake. They are just about to go to the parking lot to have their ride home. But since Sunghoon stopped, Jake also stopped.

"Director?"

"Why do you think I'm not okay?"

"No it's not like that.... I'm just asking since you seemed mad since we left the company a while ago...."

"Is it that obvious?"

Jake waved his hands, panicking.

"But it didn't affect your presentation a while ago at all!!! It ended really well Director."

Sunghoon sighed.

"I'm fine. So you don't need to think like that."

Jake nodded. Hearing it from Sunghoon itself, it gave him a little sense of confirmation.

"By the way."

The two still haven't moved at all. Sunghoon looked at Jake as he continued.

"Would you like to have dinner with me?"

Jake widened his eyes.

"Excuse me??"

Sunghoon wanted to smack himself for thinking out loud.

"I said would you like to have dinner with me?"

Jake checked his watch and think.

"But Director.... It's late already..."

Sunghoon shrugged.

"Let's get in the car."

The moment Sunghoon started walking, Jake panicked again.

'Shit did I pissed him off?'

"Get in."

He was ordered to enter first again. And so, Jake doesn't have any choice but to follow. Before entering, Sunghoon had made his way on the driver's side for a moment.

Their ride was going smoothly not until they stopped. Jake looked outside then he looked at Sunghoon.

"If you don't want to have dinner with me, then at least take this."

Beom Seok opened the divider and gave Jake the paper bag. He smiled before he rolled the divider again.

"Director?"

Sunghoon really can't understand why he did it. But all he know is that he is a bit frustrated.

"Are you not going to get it?"

Jake looked at the paper then on Sunghoon. He stopped for a moment before his lips started to curl up.

"Thank you Director..."

It was a nice choice that Sunghoon is facing him. And so, he saw that same smile that he has been thinking, now this time, is directed to him.

Jake is smiling.

Jake smiles as he takes a bite of the food Sunghoon has brought him.

'I was really about to just have some take out since it's already late but Director really did me a favor....'

He continues to savor his food when his phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hyuuuuunnnnnnggggggg I can't take it!!!!"

Jake smiled as he took another bite.

"Can't take what?"

"Oh I'm sorry. Are just still eating dinner? It's already late though?"

Jake almost choked.

"Sunoo-ah... Calm down. It's okay... Why did you call?"

He can hear Sunoo's sigh on the other line.

"Don't pout okay?"

"How'd you know I'm pouting??!?!"

Now Jake really laughed.

"Who do you take me for? Of course I know."

"Hmp. Anyways... Can you open your camera hyung? I want to see you..."

"Okay wait a moment."

Jake went to place his phone on the stand and opened his camera.

"Why is my lovely brother calling me at this hour?"

Sunoo has his face mask already, perhaps ready to sleep.

"Why are you only eating now??"

"We just finished with the meeting."

"At this late?"

Jake nodded as he finished the entire meal.

"Yes. It's just for today. My boss just happened to schedule his presentation this evening..."

Sunoo nodded and fixed the corner of his mask as he saw it on his screen.

"So...Why are you suddenly calling?"

Sunoo pouted again. Jake smiled.

'I missed that look.'

"Is it bad to call my one and only hyung?! You seemed to forget about me already!!! It's been like four days since you left!!!"

"It's not like it's bad...."

"I know! So I was worried about you but I told myself to wait for you to message me. But then I haven't heard anything from you yet so I took the risk to call you tonight... I know you're about to sleep so I thought it would be nice for us to have a chat first but here I'll see you still in the middle of eating your dinner?!"

Jake listened silently. That is just how Sunoo is. He knows how much the younger cares for him and so he just lets Sunoo voice out his thoughts.

"Calm down Sun...."

"Don't just call me Sun! I'm angry here!!!"

Jake just laughed again.

"Even if you just saw your hyung for the first time after four days?"

He can see how Sunoo stopped for a moment. Jake just stops his laughs.

"But still!!!!"

"Thank you for your concern... And I'm sorry if I forgot to call you okay? I was just busy with work..."

"What kind of work are you even doing now?! Hyung if they are just overworking you, you better leave whatever that is immediately!!!"

"Sunoo-ah.... It's alright... It was actually better than I expected and believe me, I'm enjoying it..."

Sunoo still looked unsatisfied. Jake grabbed his phone and placed his finished meal on the trash. He then flipped the camera and panned it on his suit for tomorrow.

"Look.... I dress like this at work Sun-ah... And my boss might be strict but he was the one who treated me my dinner today...."

He flipped the camera again and smiled to Sunoo.

"I actually thought I'll never last long but I'm almost a week working there..."

"Aren't you proud? I can confidently say that this is a very amazing job... And I can clearly sustain myself with this."

The silence on the other line is already an answer for Jake. But he just continued to smile and waited for Sunoo to talk.

"Are you sure you'll be fine with it?"

Jake nodded.

"I can't tell you where I'm working yet since it might get messy but believe me... I think I'll love my stay here..."

Sunoo just sighed once again and slumped on his pillows.

"Okay.... As long as my hyung is good..."

"Now... Shall I know what my cute younger brother has been up to?"

Sunoo's eyes brightened as he cleared his throat. Jake just prepares himself for a long conversation.

Despite it being long, he actually loves moments like this the most. It tells him that he still has someone he can actually tell how his day went with.

'I almost forgot that I also have people I could count on to...'

With the next 30 minutes, the two just engaged themselves into each other's story. And even if they won't say it, such action has completed each other's day.

Surprisingly enough, Jake's weekends went on a blur. It was just him fixing whatever things that is needed to be fixed on his unit.

He literally had a general cleaning at Saturday. And a very calming rest on Sunday. Monday came faster than he thought but maybe also because he is looking forward on his second week of work.

"Good morning Director Park."

Sunghoon almost raised an eyebrow.

'What has gotten him so cheerful in the morning?'

"My schedule?"

"You have no fixed schedule for today Director..."

Sunghoon nodded.

"Tell my members to prepare their presentations for later then..."

"Yes Director."

"But before that, I want my coffee first."

Jake nodded and dropped his bag. Sunghoon just watched him leave the room.

'Why's he so cheerful??'

'He seems to be in a good mood... Could that be because of last Friday's?'

Sunghoon shook his head.

'Why would he be so happy about it?'

Despite denying, Sunghoon remembered Jake's smile again.

'That was a very nice view...'

"Here is your coffee Director..."

Jake carefully placed the cup beside Sunghoon.

"Thank you... Prepare the meeting room beside your office."

"Yes Director..."

Sunghoon fixed his coat and checked Jake by the cctv.

'Now let's see how will they react about him...'

-Finally meeting the team! Let's wish Jake luck!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 9.8K 37
She would admire him every single day. If only... he knew about it. But.. it doesnt hurt to try, right? 𝕀π•₯𝕒𝕣π•₯𝕖𝕕: π••π•–π•”π•–π•žπ•“π•–π•£ 14π•₯𝕙 2020 ...
26.3K 1.1K 16
"You don't seem very professional for an employee, Mr. Sim." "Indeed because you changed a lot, Mr. Park."
34.8K 1.4K 23
He was now all by himself. Or so he thought he was. How will things turn out once he meets π’‰π’Šπ’Ž? Moving to Korea with his brother changed everyt...
4.6K 217 10
Sunghoon, the rich, popular guy of the college. Everyone has a crush on him, boy or girl. But he does not care about anyone cause he has eyes for onl...