This Protagonist Is A Bit Sic...

By B1ackDiA

A salaryman, Liu Xun age 25 years old from the 21st century suddenly found himself in an unknown place once h... More

Ch 1 : Crossing the world to meet you
Ch 2 : Revenge and Survival
Ch 3: The Newborn Villain's Luck Is Too Good
Ch 4 : Acceptance
Ch 5 : The Protagonist And The Villian are getting along
Ch 6 : Fellow Disciple
Ch 7 : Spending Time Together
Ch 8 : Development
Ch 9 : New character
Ch 10 : Another Passing Day
Ch 11: Asking For Praises
Ch 12: The Female Lead Has Arrived
Ch 13 : Hate-Hate Relationship
Ch 14: Forbidden Area (1)
Ch 15: Forbidden Area (2)
Ch 16: Trip to the Town
Ch 17: Avoidance
Ch 18: Inner Thoughts
Ch 19 : If You Can't Handle Your Alcohol, Then Don't Drink
Ch 20: Ghost Village (1)
Ch 22 : Ghost Village (3)
Ch 23 : Ghost Village (4)
Ch 24 : Ghost Village (5)
Ch 25 : Ghost Village (6)
Ch 26 : Ghost Village (7)
Ch 27 : Ghost Village (8)

Ch 21: Ghost Village (2)

7.6K 469 94
By B1ackDiA

This time the trip was quite long and it took them half a month to arrive at their destination.

Honestly speaking, this village used to be lively, and a considerable number of travelers and merchants stopped by every day. It was once called a Sun village due to having summer almost all year round. However, two months ago, strange things started to appear which caused a huge disturbance, and people dared not to go there again.

Some inhabitants also moved away so only a small number who were poor and could not bear to leave their birthplace remained.

The village elder also wanted to ask some immortal Daoist to deal with this matter but he was simply a poor man that’s why no one was willing to accept his mission.

Perhaps only Chen Shi picked up this mission that received no reward in return.

Liu Xun stared at the approaching village from a high viewpoint. He did not know whether it was his imagination or not but the nearer they were, the colder it became.

Until Wan Yu’s voice dropped did he know that it was not his superfluous thoughts,’’ The Yin energy is quite concentrated.’’

Hearing this, Liu Xun instantly snapped his head to look at the rest of his companions to reconfirm Wan Yu's words in fright. To his dismay, everyone had a solemn face even the smiling Ji Yan at this time couldn’t smile.

Redirecting his gaze to the village, Liu Xun swallowed his saliva with difficulty.

Looks like there are a lot of ghost sisters and brothers awaiting him haha…

Would it be cowardly of him if he were to remain outside the village while letting the rest go to investigate without him? QQ

Of course, with the nonexistent dignity as the oldest (?) Liu Xun discarded his thoughts and gritted his teeth to follow others closer to the village.

At the entrance of the village, three people were seen eagerly waiting for them to arrive. 

However, upon seeing that they were all young people not to mention even a 10-year-old child was present, their eyes instantly turned dim.

The old man who looked to be in his sixties sighed,’’ You guys should return.’’

‘’Dad!’’

Almost immediately, the two people behind the old man, one was a middle-aged woman and the other was a young man in his twenties shouted in unison.

Especially the young man was rather flustered upon hearing his father’s words,’’ Dad, these immortal Daoists have come a long way, how come you just turn them away?’’

The woman also chimed in,’’ That’s right! At least, let them try before giving up!’’

These two were not fools so they knew that if these people were to be gone, no one would care to inspect their village anymore!

However, the two were not optimistic about these young cultivators either so the looks in their eyes were a bit disdainful toward them.

When has Han Zheng ever let a mere mortal look down on him?

Therefore, Han Zheng disdainfully scoffed,’’ Who do you think you are to dare to judge us?’’

Hearing his words, the three people flinched. Due to their young appearance, mortals like them almost forgot how arrogant those cultivators were. So even if these people were young, they knew that they were not their opponents and could be killed by them at any time!

So the old man immediately changed his attitude as he quickly appeased them,’’ Please, forgive us! Young Immortal Daoists! Please, please come in!’’

The old man quickly put on a smile as he gestured for them to go into the village.

Han Zheng coldly humped and took the lead to go in as a head disciple.

Along the way, the old man quickly introduced himself and his children.

The old man was called Li Tao, he was the one who requested help and was the current village elder. His son’s name was Li Tong, 27 years old and his daughter was called Li Yao, 35 years old.

Currently, only 7 families remain in this village meaning roughly 30 people live here.

Liu Xun looked at the empty street as well as tightly closed-door buildings and curiously asked,’’ Even if you were to stay here, you can’t possibly do any business for living so why not move out?’’

To his response, Li Tao briefly paused before replying with a deep sigh while shaking his head in regret,’’ Our root is here and I can’t abandon this place!’’

Liu Xun knowingly nodded his head as he carelessly said oh, he then stopped asking. Li Tao saw that he no longer questioned, and he secretly heaved a sigh in relief.

Wan Yu slightly narrowed his eyes as he took Li Tao’s reactions in.

The five were settled in an inn as Li Tao’s house couldn’t accommodate too many guests.

After giving a brief situation of the village, Li Tao along with his children excused themselves and let them rest.

The moment, Han Zheng was sure that the trio was gone, he opened his mouth to speak,’’ What do you think about this case?’’

While rubbing his chin, Liu Xun shared his thoughts,’’ It is obvious that they are hiding something. They did not provide any details simply a summary no matter how much we ask.’’

Ji Yan confusingly asked,’’ If they aren’t willing to cooperate then why bother asking us to come?’’

Liu Xun leaned against his chair as he glanced at Ji Yan with a smile that was not a smile,’’ They do not want us to investigate but to ‘solve’ it.’’

Liu Xun said in such a cool manner but all of a sudden, something fell to the ground causing him to jump in fright that he almost fell off his chair.

If not for Wan Yu hurriedly stabilizing his chair, Liu Xun’s hands and legs would be facing the sky by now.

Nonetheless, Liu Xun reflexively stuck close to the little protagonist as he anxiously glanced around with a pale face,’’ What was that?!’’

His question was answered with silence so he confusingly looked at his fellow disciples only to see them look strangely at him.

‘’W-what are you looking at?’’

As a scaredy-cat, Liu Xun completely went stiff thinking that something which was not a human being was right behind him like in those horror movies that he accidentally watched before in his real world. 

As Liu Xun's imagination was about to run wild, Han Zheng's voice abruptly stopped his train of thought as he generously answered with a disgusted face,’’ Don’t you think you look ridiculous clinging onto a 10-year-old child like that?’’

Only at his words did Liu Xun realize that he was hugging the little boy’s arm tightly which caused his face to burn due to embarrassment.

He quickly released his hold on the boy’s arm as if he got burned and awkwardly coughed, trying hard to change the topic’’ Where were we again? Ah right, Li Tao is suspicious, very, very suspicious.’’

Internally, Liu Xun desperately prayed that everyone would move on to another topic, or else he might dig a hole and bury himself in it.

Fortunately, his appearance was a 13-year-old child, or else he did not know where to put his face!

In the meantime, Wan Yu has been observing Liu Xun for all this time and he admitted that he was feeling very good when the first person that Liu Xun stuck to was him not Ji Yan who was sitting on his left.

Although seeing his current restless face was rather pitiful, Wan Yu gained another knowledge from his reactions.

It seemed like this person has never been involved in this kind of thing or so to say, he might never involve in the path of immortal at all.

However, what was trifling was that this person learned rather fast meaning he should have known the concept and terms regarding cultivation even if he were to be a martial cultivator, not a spiritual cultivator.

Not to mention, he also had a foundation in martial art so his identity shouldn’t be normal as he previously speculated…

While he was deep in his thoughts, his left hand suddenly shook successfully pulling him away from his thoughts to look over the instigator.

At this moment, Liu Xun no longer cared about his face, he anxiously asked,’’ Ah Yu, you are sleeping with me, right?’’

At his question, Wan Yu did not reply, he simply raised an eyebrow which caused Liu Xun to become even more nervous.

Seeing that he was scared to the point that his face was as white as paper, Wan Yu stopped teasing him and gave a light chuckle,’’ Of course, I will sleep with you.’’

Only with his answer did Liu Xun feel reassured. In this world, only by staying near the protagonist did he feel safe even if he was currently a mere child.

Soon the night befell and after having their dinner, the five returned to their respective rooms.

As two wastrels, Ji Yan was put into Liu Xun’s room which caused Wan Yu’s face to darken at this arrangement.

Unlike Wan Yu’s displeasure, Liu Xun was simply elated since the more people the merrier, and even though Ji Yan looked unreliable, his cultivation was quite high so he felt even safer staying together.

‘’Su Shixiong went out to investigate while Han Shixiong stayed on vigil so the three of us could sleep in a room together. We will scout around the village once the sun rises.’’

After saying this, Ji Yan also cautiously added,’’ I will sleep on the couch, both of you can take the bed.’’

Liu Xun who had no tact whatsoever immediately suggested, "That's okay, let's us three sleep together!"

Simply hearing this, Wan Yu's face instantly went dark, he coldly said, "You think he needs to sleep like us? I bet Ji Shidi will meditate throughout the whole night, right?"

Ji Yan, who suddenly got forced into meditation by his senior brother,"..." Seriously, how did I offend him?

However, staring at Wan Yu's cold face Ji Yan did not dare to shake his head in disagreement, he could only give a dry laugh, "Haha...Yeah." 

Hearing Ji Yan's answer, Wan Yu loosened his expression as he turned to look at Liu Xun with a smug face like he was saying 'See?'

Knowing that he was too overreacting Liu Xun no longer insisted and simply went to the bed.

"Ah Yu, you sleep inside."

Almost immediately, Wan Yu refused, "No, I will sleep on the outer side."

Wan Yu didn't want to be treated like a total child by Liu Xun anymore so he started to protest their sleeping arrangement.

"Stop talking, you are so tiny, what would happen if you were to fall off the bed?"

Wan Yu went silent for a bit before putting down a question,"...Do you want me to tell you how many times you have fallen off the bed?" 

Liu Xun's face almost got burned by this revelation, he quickly retorted, "That's why I said to move out! The bed is so small, it is normal to fall off!"

He wouldn't admit that he had a bad sleeping habit and that he fell off the bed too many times!

Meanwhile, Wan Yu who heard the other party mention the word of moving out once again, gloomily spoke, "You still dare think of moving away?"

Toward this question, Liu Xun unconsciously flinched. It took him a while to reconcile with this prickly guy so he was not inclined to start another cold war.

Nevertheless, Liu Xun still insisted on sleeping on the outer side to which Wan Yu helplessly asked, "Why are you so adamant about sleeping on the outer side?"

To his reply, Liu Xun finally gave an honest answer with a serious face, "It is far away from the window."

Wan Yu,"......"So in fact, you are afraid of a ghost suddenly appearing outside the window?

Knowing that there was no helping it, Wan Yu conceded and went to sleep on the inside while mumbling, "I am here, what are you so afraid of?"

Liu Xun was delighted in not sleeping right next to the window so he quickly flattered the boy, "I knew it, Ah Yu is the best!"

Wan Yu gave him a big eye roll but the corner of his lips inevitably curved upward while listening to Liu Xun's praises.

On the other hand, Ji Yan who was forgotten and neglected was watching this scene on the sideline in a complex mood.

Ji Yan,"......" What am I even watching?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 65 6
#Bl #Smut #Don't like don't read or else enjoy. System 003 "Happy Ending for Villains", first time having a host, worked in 1016 worlds with it's hos...
912 95 5
Ru Yijing was a pet dog to someone with an immovable heart. One who did not love him, cherish him, but only saw him as a temporary means of relief. B...
869 76 18
Everyone has a passion, no matter how insignificant or magnificent. For our protagonist it's reading novels, watching donghua and illustrating whatev...
33.5K 1.3K 65
JiYuan woke up to find that he has turned into a big beauty. System : Our goal is to.... JiYuan (without any expression) : ...become a man. This is a...