The MaAn Journey

By NomadForLife

It is my first fanfiction... This is a story of anupama after she divorced vanraj and moved out of shah house... More

Note
Introduction
Self Doubt
The Internship
Manhattan
Family
The Shadow of the Past
Teaser
New Character Alert !!!
Meet The Boss
Rewind
Secrets and Support
Dosti
The Reunion
17 Years Ago...
Distant yet Close
The Bid
Shame !!!
Chaos !!
Heading Home
Mind Games
Calm before the Storm
The Newspaper Scandal
Revealed !!!
Play The Man !!
All They Need Is A Push
Anupama Meets Anuj
Vanraj Creates A Scene
Important Note
Home
Teaser 2
Udaan
Entangled !!
Not Your Fault !!
Favours !!
Assumptions
A Fresh Start !!
Friends ?
Learning From Each Other
Festivities !!
Samar
Missing Each Other!!
Anuj bonds with Pakhi
Anuj at the Dance Academy
Anupama enjoys Anuj's company!!
Anuj comes up with a Plan.
The Launch Pooja
An Uninvited Guest !!
Anuj's Advice to Anupama
The Beginning of Karma for Vanraj !!
The Aftermath !!
Anupama at Anuj's Place
No Way Out !!
An Important Update !!
Karma and Longing !!
Shifting Dynamics And Evolving Bonds !!
A Parting Note

An Unexpected Visit

1.6K 108 56
By NomadForLife

Thank you for showing all the love and support for my fanfiction❤️❤️

Anu and Devika's Apartment, Ahemdabad

24 July 2022, 8:00 am

It was a Sunday morning. Every Sunday, as per ritual, Devika comes out of her room and finds Anupama standing at the door waiting for Pakhi in excitement but today was different. Devika came out of her room and saw Anupama sitting at the foot of the couch burried in her books and assignments. This has never happened before. No matter how important exam she has the next day, Anupama makes sure that she prepares everything a day before so that she can spend time with Pakhi without worrying about anything else.

Curious to see Anupama absorbed in books, Devika asked....

Devika:- Anu kya kar rhi hai?

Anupama lifted her eyes up from the book hearing Devika's voice.

Anu:- Devika tune kuch bola kya?

She asked completely missing what Devika said earlier.

Devika:- Haan.....Maine pucha kya kar rhi hai?

She asked coming in front of her.

Anu:- Matar cheel rhi hoo...

She made a sarcastic remark and Devika rolled her eyes at the statement.

Anu:- Dikh nhi rha padh rhi hoo...

She said pointing towards the books in annoyance.

Devika:- Haan wo to mujhe dikh rha hai lekin aaj to Sunday hai na....

She treaded carefully sensing Anupama's mood.

Anu:- To?

Devika:- To aaj Pakhi nhi aane wali...

She said stating the obvious but Anupama snapped at her.

Anu:- Tujhe sach me lagta hai kal jo hua uske baad Mr. Shah Sweety ko yha aane denge...

Devika:- Tu badhak kyu rhi hai yrr...maine to bas ek sawal pucha...

She retorted for being unnecessarily chided over a simple question.

Anu:- To mat puch ne Devika...

She replied in an irritated voice and Devika went into the kitchen without saying a word.

One might think Anupama was upset over not meeting Pakhi which she would have been....had she not been busy worrying about thousand other things on her plate....her college.... assignments....job.....dance academy....and most importantly her family. She has been restless throughout the night worrying about how she is gonna manage her college along with the responsibilities that would come her way in Vanraj's absence. She knew Vanraj will be held guilty in the fraud case sooner or later and in case that happens...she needs to prepare beforehand to handle everyone in her family. She wasn't ecstatic about the fact that Vanraj and Kavya would be in jail but the man has committed some vile crimes in his life and hasn't paid for any of it...it's time for some Karma to catch upto him.

Family wasn't the only reason she was anxious but there was someone else whose image kept popping up her in mind throughout the night.....someone who took her back to the fun she has always regretted missing out on.....someone who stood up for her and her bestfriend..... someone who saved her career and life from going downhill....someone in whose presence she felt secure even though she barely knew him.

Well that someone had left and you have a thousand other things on your plate to deal with right now rather than waste your time thinking about a person who is never coming back.

She thought to herself as she flipped through the pages of her book.

While Anupama was busy with her work, Devika came back with two cups of tea and slid it in front of Anupama.

Anupama looked at the cup and then at Devika.

Devika:- Bilkul chup...

She asked her to keep quiet and drink the tea.

Devika:- Chup chap baithkar chai pee...

Saying this she took a seat beside her on the floor.

Anu :- Thank you...and

She said sipping onto her ginger tea.

Devika :- And?.... jaldi bol jaldi...

She looked at her watch pretending to run out of time while Anupama smiled and apologized for her rude behaviour earlier.

Anu:- Sorry...

Devika :- Theek hai....theek hai...maaf kiya...tu bhi kya yaad rakhegi..

She said as if she is granting forgiveness for a crime.

Anu:- Thank you so much mam...

She played along folding her hands in gratitude and both chuckled at their silliness.

Devika:- Anu...

She called out as her eyes went to a file that remained open in Anupama's laptop.

Anu:- Haan ?

Devika:- Yeh idea kab tak tere laptop me aise hi pada rahega...

She said gesturing towards the laptop and Anupama sighed looking at it.

Anu:- Jab tak yeh puri tarah se ready nhi ho jaata...

She answered feeling tired of having the same conversation again and again.

Devika:- Anu....tu ispe ek saal se kaam kar rhi hai and you have made significant progress....don't you think you should put it out on the world now?

She said pointing out that the idea has been sitting in her laptop for a year now.

Anu:- Tu shi keh rhi hai Devika but it isn't enough....no one is going to invest in this project unless I make it profitable....

She reasoned but Devika reminded her of the firms that would invest in it as a part of Corporate Social responsibility.

Devika:- Anu....aise bahut sare firms hai jo sirf Goodwill ke liye hi is project me invest kar denge...

Anu:- In that case... majority bhi whi own karenge...

Devika:- Ofcourse...they will...agar risk sabse zada wo bear karenge....to it makes sense ki whi sabse zada shares own kare...

She stated facts but Anupama was still not convinced.

Anu:- Agar aisa hoga to jinke liye mai yeh project shuru kar rhi hoo unke liye kya bachega...

She jogged her memory about the women for whom she wants to start this project. She doesn't want them to be left with nothing at the end just because she chose to take the high road.

Devika:- To tu kya chahti hai....paise kisi aur ke lage but business tera ho..

She said reminding her that the world is not kind like her and she needs to be realistic while dealing with them.

Anu:- Devu....I just want to be in a position from where I can negotiate....and for that to happen I have to make sure ki yeh project profitable ho....I need to make it perfect.

She stated her concern and Devika realised it wasn't the profit aspect that was bothering her but it was the fear of being rejected.

Devika:- Ms Perfectionist....tu kab samjhegi....ki har cheez perfect nhi ho sakti....tu kitna bhi try kar le koi na koi loopholes nikal hi aate hai....so it's better that you put it out in the world and let the things take its course...

She tried to convince her to get some seed funding for her project but Anupama was still sceptical.

Anu:- Devu...

Devika:- Dekh mai tujhe force nhi kar rhi hoo....bas ek suggestion de rhi hoo....baki tera project teri marzi...bas itna yaad rakhana ki tune is project ke liye apne passion ko sideline kiya hai...so something better come out of it.....

She added and Anupama sighed in exasperation.

Anu:- Fine...I will think about it....but abhi chai pe concentrate kare...

She said pointing towards the tea that was getting cold and Devika smiled.

Devika:- Okay....but ek baat bta?

Anu:- Puch?

Devika:- Tu raat bhar soyi kyu nahi?

She asked taking a sip of her not so hot tea.

Anu:- Tune kasam kha rakkhi hai na Devika ki aaj tu mujhe chain se nhi rehne degi....

She looked annoyed at Devika's constant interrogation.

Anu:- Hum humesha ki tarah chai peete hue gossip kyu nhi kar sakte....zaroori hai yeh sab discuss karna...

Devika:- Ji bilkul....there is a time to gossip...and there is a time to be serious...

She said taking the book out of her hand and putting it on the side.

Anu:- So aaj serious hone wala time hai...great....isse better hota mai dance academy hi chali jaati...

She tried to avoid talking about her feelings as always but Devika didn't budge this time.

Devika:- Anu baate mat Bana...bata raat bhar kyu nhi soyi?

She inquired pointing towards the dark circles formed under her eyes.

Anu:- Aise hi kuch soch rhi thi....

Devika:- Anuj ke baare me?

She asked plainly as if it wasn't a big deal and Anupama was stunned hearing this.

Anu:- Huh?....mai kyu sochungi unke bare me....tera dimag to kharab nhi ho gaya hai....kuch bhi bolti hai....

She jumped to defend herself wondering what did she do to give Devika the impression that she was thinking about Anuj the whole night.

Devika:- Are shaant Anu shaant....mera matalab wo nhi tha...

She asked her to calm down realising she might have misunderstood her statement.

Anu:- To kya tha?

She asked anxiously.

Devika:- Mera matalab tha ki kal jo party me hua....Vanraj ne Anuj ke bare me jo bola...ki wo tera...

She tried to explain but Anupama cut her off in between.

Anu:- Wo kya bolte hai kya sochte hai mujhe usse koi fark nhi padta....unhe bas koi bahana chahiye tha mujhe sunane ka.....aur kal wo bahana Anuj the...aab is baare me baat karne ka koi matalab nhi hai....kyuki Anuj jaa chuke hai...wo bhi humesha ke liye...

Devika noticed the change in Anupama's expression and wondered whether the sadness visible on her face was because of Vanraj's comments or Anuj leaving.

Anu:- Aur waise bhi is baat ko 26 saal ho gaye hai....

She added letting out a sigh.

Devika:- Aur agar nhi hue hote to...

She exclaimed and Anupama was baffled.

Anu:- Tu kehna kya chahti hai?

Devika:- Yhi ki agar maan le Anuj aaj bhi tujhse pyaar karta hota to?

She presented a possibility in front of Anupama to find out if her doubts are right but Anupama looked away as she recalled a conversation from the past.

Vanraj:- Mujhe fark nhi padta ki tumne usse ek baar baat ki ya char baar....bas itna yaad rakhana ki wo tumahari zindagi me wapas aaya to mujhse bura koi nhi hoga....

A shiver ran down her spine remembering how Vanraj threatened her that night.

As Anupama closed her eyes to calm her nerves, Devika nudged her.

Devika:- Anu....kha kho gayi?

And Anupama lashed out.

Anu:- Kaun kya karta hai....kaun kya nhi karta isse mujhe koi fark nhi padta...mujhe isse koi lena dena nhi hai...meri zindagi humesha seedhe raaste pe chali hai aur humesha seedhe raaste pe hi chalti rahegi...idhar udhar dekhne ki fursat naa mere pass 26 saal pehle thi na aab hai...

Not realising that she might have awakened a bad memory, Devika sighed in exasperation.

Devika:-To mat dekh....mat sun....teri TV pe agar love story aaye na to channel badal dena...aur agar channel badalne ke baad bhi aaye na....to TV tod dena...

As she continued with her rant, Anupama's expression changed from bad to worse and this made Devika realise that she has overreacted a bit. This wasn't something new. Anupama has never been interested in boys even in college and now she was much more different than before. She has suffered a betrayal and had gone through a traumatic divorce.

There is no way she is gonna give someone else another chance in life.

She thought to herself and decided to lighten the mood.

Devika:- Are Anu....ladkiya pareshan rehti hai ki unhe koi admirer mile....tu aab isiliye pareshan hai kyuki tujhe admirer mil rha hai...fir bhi...

She said making a pout and Anupama got up to leave saying...

Anu:- Tu yeh sab bolti hi rahegi na....theek hai mai chalti hoo...

However Devika pulled Anupama back to the ground making her sit beside her.

Devika:-Anu....tu aisii kyu hai...

She whined and Anupama gave her an annoyed look.

Anu:- Kaisii?

Devika:- Sabse pyaari sabse acchi...

She exclaimed pulling Anupama's chin and her frown turned into a smile.

Devika:- College me na sari ladkiyaan prince charming ke sapne dekha karti thi sivaay tere...

She complained as the doorbell rang.

Wondering who might have come this early in the morning, Anupama got up and walked to open the door saying....

Anu:- Kyuki mujhe acchi tarah se pata hai aise rajkumar sirf aur sirf sapno me hote hai....asli zindagi me nh...

She was about to rebuff Devika's statement that prince charming exists in real life when her eyes fell on the person on the other side of the door....and the only word that managed to escape her mouth was...

Anu:- Aap?...

Shah House, Ahemdabad

24th July 2022, 8:30 am

Vanraj....Vanraj....

Kavya barged into Baa's room shouting his name at the top of her voice.

Baa:- Yeh kyu gala faad faad ke chilla rhi hai....Vanraj ghar pe nhi hai....

She barked at Kavya for shouting.

Kavya:- To kha gaya hai?

She inquired wondering where he could have gone this early in the morning.

Baa:- Mujhe kya pata....biwi tu hai uski.....tujhe pata hona chahiye naa..

She taunted her and Kavya retorted back in the same tone.

Kavya:- Baa mai na sirf naam ki biwi hoo....V to abhi bhi us Anupama ke peeche pagal hai...

Baa:- Tu is ghar me firse us manhoos ka naam kyu le rhi hai....

She expressed her irritation at the mention of Anupama.

Kavya:- Kyu na loo Baa.....aapke bete aur ex- bahu ne mera jeena haraam kar diya hai...

She complained and Baa looked at her annoyed.

Baa:- Tujhe agar kosana hai to us Anupama ko kos mere bete ko nhi.....wo to tujhse itna pyaar karta hai...aur tu

Kavya:- Haan dikhata hai mujhe uska pyaar....

She remarked and sighed in exasperation realising Baa is blinded by the love for her son.

Kavya:- Anyways aapse behas karke koi fayda nhi hai....mujhe V se hi baat karni padegi....

Saying this she turned around to leave when Baa stopped her.

Baa:- Sun....idhar aa...

Kavya:- Aab kya hua Baa?

She asked feeling annoyed.

Baa:- Tujhse kuch baat karni hai....baith...

She called her back and asked her to sit beside her on the bed.

Kavya:- Baa aapko seedhe muh baat karni hai to boliye.....agar taane dene ke liye bula rhi hai to....I am not interested.

She gave out a warning and Baa wasn't very pleased at it.

Baa:- Abhi tak to seedhe muh hi baat karne wali thi....lekin teri harkate dekh ke lag rha hai....tujhe taano ki aadat ho gayi hai....

Kavya:- Baa..

She whined but Baa was adamant on talking to her.

Baa:- Chillana band kar....aur idhar aake baith...

Listening to her stern statement, Kavya unwillingly took a seat beside her.

Baa:- Aab bata kal raat tum log bahar gaye the to kuch hua tha kya?

She asked straight away and Kavya was shocked hearing this.

Kavya:- Aapko kaise pata?....Vanraj ne bataya..?

She checked if it was Vanraj who told Baa about last night.

Baa:- Use mujhe batane ki zarurat nhi hai....uski shakal se pata chal rha tha ki kuch hua hai...

She stated proud of her maternal instincts.

Kavya:- Baa wo....

She tried to explain realising Baa doesn't know the whole story.

Baa:- Wo wo na kar....aur seedhe seedhe bata kya hua....nhi to kaan ke neeche ek sitar padega....

She threatened her and Kavya spilled the beans. Kavya told her everything that happened last night with them in the restaurant.

Baa:- To tere kehne ka matalab hai ki tumahra wo boss jisne tumpe case kiya hai.....wo Anupama ka college ka dost hai....

She asked for confirmation feeling surprised that Anupama had friends in college besides Devika and Kavya found it to be the perfect opportunity to manipulate Baa against Anupama.

Kavya:- Sirf dost nhi hai Baa....purana aashiq hai....aashiq....Vanraj ne khud bola hai....

She said giving special emphasis on the word "Aashiq".

Baa:- Yeh Anupama ne to humara jeena haram kar diya hai....

She stated letting out a sigh of disappointment but Kavya pointed out that Anupama wasn't the one in the wrong last night.

Kavya:- Wo sab to theek hai Baa...lekin kal jo bhi hua usme Anupama ki koi galti nhi thi...

Baa:- To tu kehna kya chahti hai....mere bete ki galti hai...

She rebuked Kavya for blaming Vanraj.

Kavya:- Aur nhi to kya Baa....V agar kal apne gusse ko control kar leta to hum itni badi problem me nhi hote....

She explicitly accused Vanraj of creating problems in her life and Baa was left confused.

Baa:- Kaisi problem?

She asked perplexed and Kavya told about the call she received from the lawyer today.

Kavya:- Baa accha khasa hume ek lawyer mila tha lekin V ne jo kal tamasha khada kiya uski wajah se usne bhi is case se backout kar liya hai....

Baa:- Wo wakeel wha pe tha jab Vanraj ki Anupama se ladayi hui?

She inquired and Kavya nodded in a no.

Baa:- To tu yeh kaise keh rhi hai ki Vanraj ki wajah se sab kuch hua hai?

Kavya:- Baa aap samajh kyu nhi rhi hai....ki Vanraj ne kisi gali ke gunde se ladai nhi ki thi...balki business tycoon Anuj Kapadia se panga liya tha...aapko lagta hai wo hume aise chod deta...I am sure usne hi lawyer ko paise diye honge hme dump karne ke liye....

She explained Baa the reach of Anuj Kapadia and tried to poison her mind against Anupama saying....

Kavya:- Aur mujhe to lagta hai ki Anupama ne hi use aisa karne ko kha hoga....after all purani jaan pehchan jo hai....

Little did Kavya know that Baa doesn't need to be manipulated against Anupama. She hates her to the core from the day Anupama stepped into the Shah House.

Baa:- Yeh Anupama...mai kya bolu...yeh mere bete ko kabhi chain se nhi jeene degi....

She said letting out an exaggerated sigh in irritation and Kavya was more than happy to have fulfilled her goal.

Baa:- Tu yeh sab chod....Vanraj abhi gusse me hai...usse baat karne ka koi matalab nhi....aab jo karna hai hume hi karna hai....

She said in a determined tone and Kavya was baffled by her statement.

Kavya:- Hum kya karenge Baa?

She asked perplexed.

Baa:- Wo sab tu mujhpe chod de...

She replied in assurance and a vile grin appeared on her face as she said....

Bhale Anupama ne is ghar ka pinjara tod diya ho....lekin uske paon me aaj bhi is ghar ke rishton ki bediyaan hai....jinhe wo chahkar bhi kabhi nhi tod paayegi.....

Anu and Devika's Apartment, Ahemdabad

Note:- Song lyrics in bold italics....

24th July 2022, 8:35 am

Anu:- Aap?...

She gasped and her eyes widened in surprise as it scanned the person in front of her.

It was Anuj in an off blue shirt and jeans standing at the door with a cup holder in his hand carrying three cups of coffee....it seemed....but she couldn't believe it....she couldn't believe her eyes....he was gone....wasn't he?...then how can he be here?....Is she dreaming like last night?....No that can't be true....the doorbell rang....but what if it is part of the dream?

Thousand other thoughts like these ran through her mind in a fraction of second and she stood frozen to her place looking at him as if she was seeing him for the first time.

It certainly did feel like a dream....as if she would blink for a second and he would disappear but it wasn't...it wasn't a dream....he really was there....the reality sank in as her eyes met his.

She was too stunned to speak anything and so was he.

He had prepared a whole speech before ringing the doorbell explaining why he was there but as soon as he saw her....his throat went dry...and he couldn't utter a word.

Phir le aaya dil
Majboor kya keeje....

Seeing her dressed in a pink chikankari kurti and white palazzos took him back to the day when he saw her for the first time in college. His hand immediately flew to his chest as a few strands of hair came loose from her messy bun and adorned her beautiful face.

Raas na aaya
Rehna door kya keeje....

Her doe like eyes peered into his looking for answers as to why he was there and he wanted to tell her all....that he was there for her....that he couldn't leave her this time...but his words betrayed him.

Dil keh rha hai...use maqammal.....kar bhi aao...
Wo jo adhoori si baat baaki hai...

He knew there were several things that were left unsaid between them in college. Their friendship perished before it could even begin....but not this time....he is not going to walk away from her again....not without trying.

Wo jo adhoori si yaad baki hai....

All the words she just said to Devika faded away in the background as she looked into his eyes and found the same admiration in them she had seen twenty six years ago in the auditorium. She never knew the reason behind her remembering him by that specific incident. Perhaps she clinged onto that memory because it was the only interaction she ever had with him.

Wo jo adhoori si yaad baki hai...

Devika:- Anuj....

Devika's words broke their trance and they came back to the present.

Before anyone of them could utter a word, Devika came running and jumped on Anuj to give him a hug.

Anuj lost his balance and the tray in his hand was about to fall when Anupama clutched it along with his hands and the contact made Anuj's heart skip a beat.

His breath hitched in his throat as she withdrew her hands and her fingers brushed against his leaving his heart pounding like a drum.

He looked at her dazed while she took the cup holder from his hand and went into the kitchen.

Devika:- Anuj....Anuj...

Devika snapped her fingers before Anuj that brought him back to his senses.

Anuj :- Hn...haan

He said pulling his hand back to his heart calming it down.

Devika:- Tu kha khoya hai?....mai tabse tujhe bula rhi hoo...

She asked following his gaze that was fixed on Anupama who has gone into the kitchen to place the tray.

Devika:- Anuj....kya kar rha hai...khayalo se bahar aa jaa...Anu ne dekh liya na to teri bhurji bana degi...

She said in a whisper and Anuj realised what he has been doing all this time.

Looking at Anupama coming back from the kitchen, he pulled himself back together and said....

Anuj:- Aab tu mere pe aake aise chad jaayegi...to mai chauk hi jaunga na ki tujhe kya ho gaya....

Devika:- Chaukane ki baat tu kar rha hai...tune yha aake hume kitna bada shock diya hai tujhe pata bhi hai...

She expressed her surprise over him not leaving for US.

Anu:- Haan Anuj....aap ki to aaj flight thi na....sab theek to hai?

She added coming back from the kitchen wondering if everything is alright.

Anuj:- Haan sab theek hai....

He said with a smile.

Devika:- Fir tu gaya kyu nhi?

She asked still wondering what stopped Anuj from going back to US.

Anuj:- Really....yeh tu mere se puch rhi hai?

He asked rhetorically folding his hands across his chest.

Devika:- To aur kisse puchungi?

She raised her eyebrow in question.

Anuj:- Ek second...

Saying this he stepped into the apartment and closed the door behind him.

Anuj:- Hmm....ek baat bata?

He said pushing back his glasses from the bridge of his nose.

Devika:- Haan?

Anuj:- You called my mummy?

He inquired and Devika started getting the idea behind him not leaving for US.

Devika:- Umm....yeah...

She said in a low voice anticipating his reaction and Anupama wondered what is this all about.

Anuj:- Aur tune unhe complain ki.....ki mai yha aur din kyu nhi ruk rha....

He asked in a stern voice and Devika's words turned into a whisper.

Devika:- Kinda....

Anuj:- Well guess what?.....mai aab humesha ke liye yha ruk rha hoo....

Devika was expecting Anuj to give her a talking to for complaining about him but his words surprised her and she jumped in excitement.

Devika:- Ohh my God Anuj......really......yayy

As Anuj's words registered in her brain, a faint smile appeared on Anupama's face realising he is not going back to US anymore but it didn't stay for long. Anuj would have noticed it but he was too busy worrying about his "mummy".

Anuj:-No no.....no yayys.

He chided Devika and she fell silent.

Anuj:- Tujhe pata bhi hai kitna stupid kaam kiya hai tune....

He rebuked her in a stern voice and both Anupama and Devika realised that something serious has happened.

Anu:- Aab tune kya kiya Devika?

She asked knowing well Devika's childish nature and her love for pranks.

Devika:- Anuj...wo...

She tried to say something but Anuj interrupted.

Anuj:- No Anuj....Ek baar mujhse baat kar leti Devu....GK ko call karne se pehle...

He complained and Devika thought he was angry over being forced to stay back in India.

Devika:- Anuj tu gussa kyu ho rha hai....tujhe nhi rukana tha to GK ko mana kar deta....

She stated and Anuj clicked his tongue in disappointment.

Anuj:- Devu...mai mana tab karta na....jab GK mujhse baat karte....

Devika:- Matalab?

She asked perplexed.

Anuj:- Matalab....ki unhone khud hi flights ki ticket kara li and now he is on his way to India....wo bhi bina mujhe bataye....

He explained the reason behind his stress and Devika was shocked.

Devika:- What?

She exclaimed in astonishment.

Anuj:- Haan....

Devika:- I swear Anuj....mujhe koi idea nhi tha ki GK aisa kuch kar denge...

She realised she has committed a blunder this time. GK has developed a heart condition last year and he is not supposed to take long distance flights. It is not fatal but it was definitely risky.

Anuj:- I know....isiliye keh rha hoo ki mujhse ek baar baat kar leti....last year jo hua uske baad GK bahut ziddi ho gaye hai Devu....kisiki baat nhi sunte...

He expressed his concern and Devika felt guilty about her actions.

Devika:- I am really sorry yaar....meri wajah se GK akele travel karke aa rhe hai...

Seeing her feel anxious, Anuj felt bad about his behaviour and tried to calm her down.

Anuj:- It's alright....I checked with Donna....before he boarded the flight...she took care of his check-ups and medicines....so don't worry....

He said relieving her of the stress and looked at Anupama who was standing clueless about what's going on wondering if she should interfere or not.

Anuj:- Anupama GK mere kaka hai....

He explained observing her feeling left out from the conversation.

Anu:- Fir aap abhi unhe mummy kyu...

She asked still confused about him addressing GK as mummy.

Anuj:- Wo actually....mom dad ke jaane ke baad....unhone hi mujhe sambhala hai....so for me he is my everything.

He added with a smile clarifying all her doubts.

Devika:- Anuj...I am sorry...

Devika apologized still feeling guilty about the whole fiasco.

Anuj gave her a quick side hug and said...

Anuj:- I am sorry...maine thoda zada gussa kar diya...but you know right...GK sab kuch hai mere....unke alawa mera....

He stopped not being able to complete that sentence and Anupama noticed a tinge of sadness in his eyes.

Devika:- I know....

She comforted him and Anuj nodded with a smile.

Seeing the two get emotional, Anupama interrupted....

Anu:- But ek tarah se accha hi hai na....Anuj....GK Kaka yha aayenge....apne desh me sabke saath thoda time spend karenge unhe bhi accha lagega....

She paused a bit before continuing...

Anu:- Aur fir kuch din baad....aap unko mana ke wapas US bhi le jaa sakte hai....

Anuj:- Nhi Anupama....

He stated plainly and Anupama was baffled.

Anu:- Matalab ?

Anuj:- Matalab yeh ki maine socha hai ki hum aab US wapas nhi jayenge....

He broke the news to Anupama and Devika and a smile formed on their face.

Devika:- Sach me?

She asked still not being able to believe his words and he reassured her by saying....

Anuj:- Haan.... Actually decide to maine kal hi kar liya tha....ki....wapas jaake wha ka saara kaam settle karke....GK ke saath wapas India shift ho jaunga....but fir Donna ka call aaya kal raat me...ki GK has boarded the flight....and mujhe yha rukana pada...

Devika:- But Anuj...achanak se yeh decision kyu....is it because of us?

She wondered if he is staying back because of her and Vikram.

Anuj:- Well....kinda...

He replied shrugging his shoulders.

Anuj:- Yha wapas aaya....tum logo se itne mahino baad mila to realise hua ki....maine itne saalo me kya kya miss kiya hai....maine itna kuch miss kiya hai....to GK ne to pata nhi...

He paused as he recalled the events of last year.

Anuj:- Doctor ne peechle saal bola bhi tha ki mujhe GK ko wapas India leke jana chahiye....wha wo apne logo ke beech rahenge to khush rahenge....but mai hi himmat nhi kar paaya wapas aane ki....but aab jab GK yha aa hi rhe hai to mai unhe wapas leke nhi jana chahta...

He sighed feeling relieved that he is finally fulfilling GK's wish of shifting back to India and giving himself a chance.

Anuj:- So yeah....I m not going back anymore.

He said with a warm smile on his face and Devika was ecstatic.

Devika:- Thank you.... thankyou....thankyou....yha rukne ke liye....

She said hugging him tightly and he reciprocated the hug.

Anuj:- Haan wo sab to theek hai but aab se promise me....no more pranks with GK....

He said and Anupama smiled seeing his care for his GK.

Devika:- Promise....

She assured him that she would be careful in the future.

Anuj:- Aur haan ek aur baat...yeh har baat pe gale lagna band kar....aab mai yhi hoo....to mere se yeh na saha nhi jayega....

He said pretending to be annoyed by the hug and Devika pushed him out of it in irritation.

Devika:- Fine....

She rolled her eyes in annoyance while Anupama grinned seeing their banter.

Anu:- Aab aap dono baith bhi jaiye....kabtak khade hoke baatein karenge...

She said noticing them standing for a long time.

Devika:- Ohh haan....tu khada kyu hai....baith na...

She said pulling him towards the couch but he stopped her.

Anuj:- Nhi Devu....actually mujhe chalna chahiye...sorry mai subah subah aise bina bataye aa gaya....

He apologized for disturbing them early in the morning.

Devika:- Oye excuse me....US jaane ke baad tera dimag kharab ho gaya hai kya...ki tu aab mere ghar aane ke liye sorry bolega...

She rebuked him for apologising to her for no reason.

Anuj:- Aisi baat nhi hai Devika....

He tried to explain but Devika cut him off.

Devika:- To kaisi baat hai?....huh?...pehle to tune kabhi sorry nhi bola ghar aane ke liye....in fact tu jab bhi aaya hai....yhi pada rehta tha pure time...

Anuj:- Devu....pehle ki baat alag thi...

He tried to tell her that he doesn't wanna make Anupama uncomfortable but Devika didn't listen to him and went on with her rant.

Devika:- Kya alag thi....pehle aur aab me aisa kya change ho gaya....mere seengh nikal aaye hai kya....

She scoffed at him but Anupama intervened.

Anu:- Tere nhi....mere nikal aaye hai...

She remarked and both Anuj and Devika were left baffled.

Devika:- Hain?

She asked in confusion.

Anu:- Anuj yeh kehna chahte hai ki pehle yha sirf tu rehti thi....aur aab mai bhi rehti hoo....isiliye wo yha rukana nhi chahte....hai na Anuj?

She said realising Anuj wants to leave because of her and he realised his words might have offended her.

Anuj:- Anupama....mera wo matalab nhi tha....

He tried to explain that he had no intention of hurting her.

Anu:- To fir aap aise sorry bolke jaa kyu rhe the....

She asked straight away and Anuj was at a loss of words when Devika came to his rescue.

Devika:- Anu....wo bas nhi chahta ki tu uncomfortable feel kare...bas isiliye....infact mai bhi nhi chahti ki....

She told Anupama that they don't want her to feel uncomfortable but Anupama posed another question before she could finish.

Anu:- Aur tujhe aisa kyu lagta hai ki mai uncomfortable feel karungi?

Devika:- Anu wo...

Now Devika didn't know what to say.

Anu:- Devika tujhe yaad hai na tere saath rehne aane se pehle maine kya shart rakkhi thi?

She reminded her of the condition and Devika nodded in a yes.

Anu:- Ki tu meri wajah se kabhi apni lifestyle me koi compromise nhi karegi.....jaise pehle apni life jeeti thi waise hi jeeyegi...

Devika:- Haan but Anu...

She tried to say something but Anupama was in no mood to let her speak.

Anu:- Haan to fir pehle Anuj aur Bunty yha tere ghar aake time nhi spend karte the?

She asked in a stern voice and Devika managed to say only two words in her reply.

Devika:- Karte the...

Anu:- To fir aab kyu nhi kar sakte?

Devika:- Kar sakte hai...

As the two continued their conversation, Anuj silently observed Anupama reprimanding Devika like a school teacher and hid his smile behind his palm.

Anu:- Agar kar sakte hai to peechle ek saal me Bunty yha kabhi aaye kyu nhi?

She asked refreshing Devika's memory that she has been living with her for one year and in this one year Vikram had never visited her house...not even once.

Devika:- Wo Anu...actually humne socha ki tu uncomfortable na ho.... isiliye...

She tried to give the same reason again but was chided by Anupama.

Anu:- Devika....mai uncomfortable hoti to mai bata deti na....ya tu mujhse puch leti....tu khud hi assume karke decide kyu kar rhi hai...this is really not done...

She frowned and looked away from Devika and Anuj could do nothing but admire her cute face.

This argument turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

He thought to himself and thanked God for letting him witness this.

Devika:- Sorry na Anu....mai tujhe hurt nhi karna chahti.....jaane de na....I promise mai aage se aisa kuch bhi nhi karungi...

She apologized clinging onto her from the side and Anupama melted seeing her pout.

Anu:- Theek hai....but agar fir tune aisa kuch kiya na....

She warned but Devika reassured her that she won't repeat it.

Devika:- Nhi karoongi pakka...

Seeing this cute bond and Devika being scolded like a kid, Anuj let out a chuckle that didn't go unnoticed by them.

Devika:- Oye tu has kyu rha hai?

She questioned hearing him chuckle and he pursed his lips to control his laugh.

Anuj:- Kuch nhi...bas aise hi...

He said with a grin on his face.

Devika:- Tujhe yeh funny lag rha hai?

She looked at Anuj annoyed and he couldn't control anymore.

Anuj:- Nhi bas pehli baar kisiko teri bolti band karte hue dekha hai....

He said with a laugh which made Anupama chuckle a little.

Devika:- Zada has mat nhi to tujhe bhi yeh paanch panno ka bhasan suna degi...

She said pointing towards Anupama while Anuj gave a confused look.

Anuj:- What?

He exclaimed and Anupama gave Devika a death glare.

Devika:- Wo Anu hai na...usee....

She was about to tease Anupama but Anupama slapped her hands asking her to keep quiet.

Anu:- Devika....chup kar jaa...nhi to teri khair nhi...

She sushed Devika and turned towards Anuj.

Anu:- Aur Anuj aap....aaj se yaad rakhiyega ki aapko yha aane ke liye hum me se kisiko batane ya puchne ki zarurat nhi hai.....aap aur Bunty kabhi bhi yha aa sakte aur time spend kar sakte hai....

She said with a warm smile on her face and Anuj was touched.

Anuj:- Thank you Anupama...mai yaad rakhunga...

He reciprocated her gesture with a smile.

Devika:- Nhi yeh shi hai...ise itne pyaar se samjhaya aur mujhe daant laga di...not fair...haan

She complained and Anuj started pulling her leg.

Anuj:- To wo kya kare bechari....teri harkate hi aisi hai...

He pretended to sympathise with Anupama and Devika was about to start bickering with him again when Anupama interrupted...

Anu:- Accha bas bas...huh.....aap dono fir se jhagadna mat shuru kariyega...

She asked politely and both obliged with a smile.

Devika:- Accha aab sare gile shikwe khatam ho gye ho to please baithe...Sunday ke din mere se exercise kyu karwa rhe ho yrr...

She said gesturing towards her strained legs.

Anuj:- Nhi karwa rhe....chal aa jaa...

Saying this he moved to the couch and found some books and files lying here and there. He realised whom they belonged to and a proud smile appeared on his face.

Anupama looked at him stop and realised she forgot to clear the mess.

She immediately ran to the couch and started picking up her books.

Anu:- Sorry...sorry....sorry....wo mai yeh hatana hi bhul gayi....

She said organising the books on the side while Anuj gave her a helping hand.

Anu:- Are aap yeh kyu kar rhe hai....

She stopped him and took the books from his hand but he pulled them back saying....

Anuj:- Relax...Anupama.... it's not a big deal.....

Anupama was surprised at his gesture and was about to stop him again but he pointed towards the other side of the table reminding her of the books kept there and she started picking them up.

As they cleared the mess, Devika stood there admiring the duo in silence.

I tried something new today by incorporating a few verses from one of my favourite songs. I don't know if I did justice to it or not. So I would really love to hear your views on that part.😊

I know this part felt a little rushed as I wrote it in a hurry but I just hope it wasn't boring.

The next part will be updated soon....

Please vote and share...and do leave your thoughts about the part in the comment section ❤️

Thank you ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 324 9
Sometimes being soulmates is not enough, there are many inner and outer battles one has to fight. Sometimes for ourselves, sometimes for the ones we...
32.4K 1.5K 29
Hey friends !!!! This is my first fanfiction and the beautiful bond between anidita from barrister babu inspired me to write this. It is not same as...
265K 15.8K 81
It is rare that life gives you a second chance. Rarer still that you believe it to be true. Anupama Joshi certainly didn't. Life had not been kind to...
20.9K 1.4K 36
This is different from show. There is no mission jeet. Anuseena's fathers are alive. What if, Anubhav loves haseena but is feoncen anukriti. Bur anu...