The Sight Of Eternity With You

By WeaselB3e

Harper Nonemacker has transferred as a third year into Hogwarts. The reason for the transfer? She's a Legilim... More

Harper
The First Day Nerves: Third Year Start
Complex Being you are
Halloween frights
Let's Try Quidditch or Trust
Christmas and Dragon Bites
Totally Not Flirting
End of the Year
Come on, Be Our Guest
Fourth Year Blitz
All Signs Point To
Hourglass
Mindless Self Indulgence
Honestly
I was Afraid, I was....
Both Sides of The Story
Loose Cannon
A Little Faster
Check Yes, Harper
The Glorious Fates
This is Halloween
Set it Off
Lonely girl
The Edge
Calm Before The Storm
Under a Paper Moon
Why Worry (About the Sixth Year)
Tell Me Why
Runaway
The Liars and Sneaks
Caught Up In You
About a Girl
Dream a Little Dream of Me
Five Minutes to Midnight
Future Hearts/ Old Scars
Tell Me I'm a Wreck
Take On The World
When The Chips Are Down
Come To Your Senses
Listen To Your Girl
Hard Times
Homecoming
Harper Is For Lovers
Million Dollar Baby
Haunting Me
Skeptics and True Believers
Harper is our Queen
Give Me Your Hand
What You Make It
If You Could Be Anywhere
Gossip
Electric Love
The Hideaway
Young And Menace
Here With Me
Hurts Like Hell
Till Forever Falls Apart
Love From the Other Side
Alone Together
The World Is Falling Apart
Does Salvation Come?
Heaven Help Us
The Loneliest
Matchsticks
Grow As We Go
Don't Let The Light Go Out
Say You Love Me
Lovefool
Maybe You Saved Me
Dance With Me
Lucky Star
Stay The Night
(Don't) Surrender
Nothing Else Matters
Paper Rings
Be My Escape
Harper's Law
Which to Bury?
In My Head
Out of My Mind
Running Up That Hill
Favorite Place
Dandelions
Your Love Is My Drug
If Not For You
Love Song
Where I Belong
Marry You

The Fear of Falling

41 1 0
By WeaselB3e

"Jesus Christ, that's a pretty face
The kind you'd find on someone that could save
If they don't put me away
Well, it'll be a miracle
Do you believe you're missing out?
That everything good is happening somewhere else"
-Jesus Christ, Brand New

*****

Harper tied her hair into a low pony tail, bending close to one of the tarnished pots in front of her, using it like a mirror as she rubbed her face for a moment. Her dark circles were worse today, tapping her wand to her cheekbones she attempted to conceal them before George popped up with a small glamour charm. Not wanting to worry him more about her than he already did on a daily basis.

"How're you feeling?" Fred's voice called from behind her.

She sighed, reaching up for a vine of a nearby tentacula plant and pruning it-pocketing the seeds and vine itself.

"Been better," she answered quietly. Tonight was the final task, her visions were getting worse over the last week, her nighttime walks were more frequent-she'd woken up a few times in various corridors. Thankfully after her first run in with Cedric and Victor she always wore George's jumper in addition to her camisoles to bed.

"Mmmm, George was saying he hasn't heard from Bagman. I don't know what we'll do without that extra money," Fred muttered, writing furiously in his notebook.

"It'll be fine," Harper whispered, coming to sit in front of him in the greenhouse, pulling out her own notebook, her hand shaking slightly as she turned to the latest pages. "The fever fudge is officially ready if Lee didn't tell you."

"Great," Fred gave a tight smile, rubbing his eyes slightly.

"Freddie, it's gonna be fi-"

"Hello folks!" George appeared with Lee right over his shoulder, quietly sitting himself behind Harper and placing his hands atop hers, his chin resting on her shoulder. Lee taking a seat beside Fred, stretching his legs out before him. "What're you two plotting?"

"I was revising the skiving snackboxes, telling Freddie the fever fudge was good to go, then I was going to move onto-and you aren't listening....." Harper looked at George with a frown. His eyes had that lovestruck look, and he had that absentminded smile he got on his face whenever Harper began speaking for more than ten seconds.

"Harps, he's listening, just not sure if he's processing it is all," Fred snorted, kicking George's shin who protested while his neck and ears turned scarlet.

"Oi!"

"It's every time with him...." Lee muttered, holding out his hands for Harper's notes. "So have we got confirmation that the fainting fancies will wear off after a period of time?"

"Erm..." she smacked her lips together and nodded, her eyes meeting Fred's gaze, "yes?" Fred nodded once, George's hands squeezed hers for a moment, "yes." 

"Hello you four!" Relief at the interruption washed over her for a brief moment as Bill Weasley waved from the entryway of the greenhouse, the twins jumping to their feet to greet the surprise visit of their older brother.

"What're you doing here?" George asked.

"We came to cheer on Harry for tonight," Bill was explaining. "Families come to spend the day with the champions...so we're here for Harry. I found Ron already and he said you lot often spend your time here."

Harper slowly got up, her body tensing as Molly Weasley slowly approached with Harry over Bill's shoulder. She wasn't sure where she stood with the older witch, but if her Easter gift weeks ago was any indication, it wasn't currently a high standing.

"We could sneak out before mum shows," George whispered in Harper's ear.

Harper shook her head, "no. It's alright...remember? chocolate shortage," she spoke softly in his ear. Trying to convince herself more than him.

"Darling, come on let's go," George muttered, Bill continuing to talk to Fred about something.

Just over Bill's shoulder, Molly was inching closer, Harper stepped into George's side, wrapping her arms around his torso. The five of them exited the greenhouse, waiting for Molly and Harry to arrive, Harper stepping off to the side beside Harry with a smile as the matriarch greeted her troublemaking children.

"Prepared for tonight?" Harper whispered to Harry, he gave a nervous smile as he nodded. "Listen Harry...I have a bad feeling about tonight. I've tried to tell all the professors but..."

"Me too," Harry spoke up, clearing his throat.

"Please be absolutely careful, I don't know what's coming but it's not good," Harper patted his arm.

"I'll do my best," Harry smiled, looking like a boy who was tired as the world slowly crushed him.

"I know you will, kid. But take absolute caution. Please."

"I promise."

"Oh Harper, dearie! I didn't see you," Molly pulled Harper into a tight hug, "it's good to see you."

"Should we continue walking around the grounds?" Bill offered, Molly nodded, snaking her arm around Harry's shoulders and bidding the group a goodbye. George wrapped his arms around Harper's torso, swaying them slightly.

"Should we continue our meeting then? I want to go over the bruise removal paste," Fred asked, holding up his notes.

"I'm supposed to meet Ange for something," Harper declined, "I'll see you guys later."

Harper walked off, hurrying into the castle, hearing her name called she turned around to see Cedric waving her down.

"Oi! Nonemacker, wanted to introduce you to my father," Cedric grinned, sweeping his arm behind him as his father stood beside him with a proud smile.

"Nice to meet you Miss Nonemacker, I see your father around the Ministry now and again," Amos smiled.

"Nice to meet you as well, Ced always talks about you during patrols," Harper winked over at Cedric who was smirking.

"Glad I ran into you," Cedric smiled, giving a quick hug, he patted her arms when they parted. "I promise to shove that big cup in your face when I win tonight."

"Yeah, yeah," Harper rolled her eyes, her stomach churned on itself, the knot threatening to strangle her from the inside.

"I promise it'll be perfectly safe," Cedric whispered.

"Just take care," Harper whispered back, giving him a final tight hug.

"See you when I win the cup," he grinned.

She gave a half hearted smile as he gave a final wink before hurrying off with his father, Amos going into a story about his old days. Every single cell in her body was on fire, the screaming in her body froze her to her spot, very slowly she began making her way to the common room to meet Angelina.

****

Harper looked down at her outfit, she'd stolen one of George's jumpers to match with black jeans underneath. While she felt utterly beside herself as her stomach twisted and churned, she put a smile on her face, putting on big hoops and brushing her low pony tail to one side. The warmth of George's jumper trying to comfort her nerves that were a twisted ball in her chest-promising to murder her slowly. Running downstairs, she found George in her favorite overstuffed chair, she fell onto his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck-his hand going to her cheek.

"Hmmm I don't exactly remember lending out a second jumper," George studied Harper's outfit with a grin, kissing her cheek.

"No I stole another one," Harper said with a smile, "it was the one that seemed to have been worn most."

"You're right, because that's my favorite one. The maroon is a nice color."

"Do you want it back?" Harper pouted.

"It does look rather nice on you," George grinned.

They made their way to the quidditch pitch where a maze of hedges could be seen for the final task. The air felt tense and electrified with excitement as they made their way toward the group. Harper felt the hairs on her neck stand on edge, her body breaking out in goosebumps, her stomach clenched into a tight fist that threatened to spew bile at any moment.

"Aw dang, are we not going to be able to see this one either?" Joy whined. "That's so boring!"

"I have a surprise set up for you after this," George turned toward Harper, grinning as he kissed her.

"What if this goes past curfew?" Harper asked.

George rolled his eyes, "come now, Miss prefect....when have you ever cared about curfews?"

Harper snorted slightly, "what were you thinking then?"

George grinned, pulling Harper closer to his side. George kept his arm around her waist as more students appeared, Harper leaning her cheek against his shoulder. Closing her eyes as she built her mental walls high and thick.

"Alright?" George's voice was low, his breath fanning over her face.

"Alright," Harper nodded, moving more into George's side, her forehead pressing into his neck firmer this time. The pressure ebbing away, she would never understand how George's presence worked like a grounding point for her, but she was entirely grateful to him. The tension in her body would suffocate her right now if he weren't present to keep her mind focused.

The crowd cheered for the champions before falling silent as Dumbledore explained the task to the gathered crowd, Harper prodded George's ribs when the champions disappeared into the hedge.

"What do we do now, Mr. Weasley?"

George's smile turned into a smirk as he winked, "there's a few things I could think-"

"I hate this," Lee Jordan whined from in front of them, he looked up with all the galleons they'd gotten from all the placed bets in his lap. "Go off and snog already would you?"

"I was going to suggest a nap...but that sounds like a better idea, thanks Lee," George grinned. prodding Lee's back with his knee. Harper snorted slightly, rolling her eyes as their friends all made gagging noises.

Minutes ticked by until sparks of red illuminated the evening sky, the professors hurriedly moved around, Harper sat up straight as she watched Victor Krum and Fleur pulled from the maze. The dread she felt consumed her entirely, every inch of her was covered in goosebumps, sweat was forming on her neck, behind her ears, she was shaking from head to toe.

I fucking told you not to go through with this

*****

"He's back." Harry was crying when he reappeared with the cup and a lifeless body. One look at the scene and George could tell that things were dire, his arms around Harper tightened as they silently got to their feet.

"My boy! That's my son!" Amos Diggory began crying as he ran into the pitch and collapsed over his son's body.

Every single blood cell stopped moving, her blood froze, her lungs stopped supplying oxygen. Her heart stopped.

You arrogant git Harper was thinking as she watched the scene with wide eyes.

Time moved in slow motion.

Her voice was gone as her vision blurred.

"Miss Nonemacker. Miss Nonemacker!" Harper shook her head slightly, meeting McGonagall's gaze. "Please get the students to the tower, promptly."

Harper felt her head incline in a nod, her body made of lead as she looked around. Her body became a robot as she turned to face everyone, George keeping his hands on her arms as she lifted her wand to her throat.

"All students are to follow their prefects—" McGonagall's voice filled the air, everyone began to clamor around.

"—Gryffindor on me, please," Harper whispered but her amplified voice carried along the benches. She used George to stand taller on the benches for students to see her properly, when she believed she had everyone she began to walk. "Gryffindors, this way!"

Hermione and Ginny came to either side of Harper as she wordlessly led the terrified group of students.

Her mind was utter chaos, her carefully constructed walls were collapsing as she walked, she flinched and gasped in pain as she was bulldozed by the terrified screams of the student body against her mind.

Ginny took her hand and squeezed it, "where's George?" She whispered. The three girls turned around, George was toward the back of the group, trying to get to Harper but the tight cluster of terrified students made it hard for him to move.

"It's okay. It's alright," Ginny gripped Harper's hand tightly, "let's....breathe in for three and out for four. Alright? Can you do that?" Harper shook her head slightly, everything was beginning to swirl around her.

Get your arse up here, Weasley! I need you...

"Harper. I need you to keep moving, I need you to get us to the common room. Can you do that?" Hermione asked, taking Harper's arm in hers.

"Don't worry, George will catch up to us, we're all going to the same place. It'll be fine, he'll just meet us there," Ginny gave a comforting smile. "Let's just keep going."

When they finally entered the quiet room, it was as if someone had silenced their world, the fire was dead and cold, the room held a chill that everyone felt.

Harper walked to the stairs, clapping her hands together so every eye turned to her. Harper shook, the screams drilled harder, faster now as she took in all the wide eyes. George was in front of her finally, giving an encouraging smile.

"No one is allowed to leave for the remainder of the night, please. If you need anything from myself, please find me. Erm....no lights out....please take the time you need right now," she looked around, clasping her hands together, hiding her nails that dug into her skin to keep her steady as she stood in front of everyone. "Please, please, stay in the tower, everyone. At least until we've gotten word from McGonagall." The sea of heads nodded silently as Harper gave her best smile.

"Thank you all."

The girls sat around the boys' dormitory after Harper's announcement, everyone sitting quietly in their own thoughts.

"Did you hear him saying....that you-know-who is back? That he's the one who killed Cedric," Lee whispered. George tightened his arms around Harper as she hid her head in her quilt, "you don't....you don't think...."

"Why would Harry lie?" Harper whispered.

"I'm not saying he did, just that-"

"It's hard to believe," Alicia whispered.

"Ced was my friend....and he just....I told them to stop the last task. I told them," Harper's voice broke, muffled and strangled by her bedding. "That arrogant git just always gave me a smile and said he'd be alright."

The room fell silent, George noticed Harper burying her head further in her blanket and whimpering slightly. George moved closer to her, pulling Harper into his side as he held her.

Harper roughly pushed herself out of her quilt, fighting off his advances, and to her feet, the group tensed as the puffy eyed girl walked out of the room without another word. George got to his feet and hurried after, the entire group following quickly behind.

Harper was downstairs in the common room, all students were in bed or sitting with their friends much like their own group in various dormitories.

"Harper!" George called, Harper turned on her heel, her face marked with tears as she cried.

"I told them. I told Sybill, Snape, McGonagall. But my friend is dead!" Harper seethed, her chest rising and falling in a chaotic pattern. "For weeks I told them I was having a bad feeling about that final task, about that maze. And now look! My friend is dead and it's all my fault!"

Harper's voice echoed around the room momentarily, her breathing even breathing changing to gut wrenching sobs. Angelina and joy looked behind them at the stairs, Angelina cast a privacy charm around the stairs to keep anyone from overhearing.

"It wasn't your fault, love," George spoke softly, he stepped forward as Harper collapsed to her knees gripping her chest as she sobbed aloud.

"It was! It was! And I told that arrogant fool! I told him and he just looked at me and said he was the best charmer there ever was with that god damn smile of his," Harper hysterically cried, George bent down in front of Harper, crossing his legs and sitting patiently in front of her—running his thumb across her knee as she continued to cry.

"I let him die!" Her voice was strangled with her sobs.

"You did no such thing," Fred whispered from the stairs.

"I did!" Harper choked out, she looked at the group, sobbing into her hands. "No matter what I did, no one listened to me! No one! I was found in my pajamas on the ground having visions of what was to come! And look!"

George rested his hands on her legs, breathing deeply, "and now everyone is screaming up there and I can't take it. I can't take all the voices, my head is going to split open if I sit here for another minute!"

George uncrossed his legs and pulled Harper toward him, wrapping his arms protectively around her, smoothing her hair as she continued to sob. Her hysterical breathing becoming hiccups as she continued to sob.

I love you, I love you so very much please stop crying. Everything is alright, you didn't cause this, this is not your fault...

"It's all my fault," she whispered. Slowly the rest of the group came and sat around the couple, Harper continued to sob. Her cries became more forceful, traveling through her body, she held George tightly as she sobbed out—gasping for air.

"Make it stop," Harper begged. "I can't take this guilt. I killed him. I let Cedric die."

"You did no such thing," George whispered firmly.

Harper tried to push him away, shaking her head as she cried. "I did! I did! It's all my fault! No one would listen to me!"

"That's not your fault no one listened to you sweetie," Joy spoke softly, moving toward them, she patted Harper's back. "You did your very best."

George frowned, kissing her forehead before moving an arm under her legs. Very carefully he stood with harper in a firemen's carry, the rest of the group got to their feet. Joy held up a finger, flicking her wand until George's own blanket appeared and landed in Joy's arms.

"You can't take her out of here," Lee frowned. "What if someone wants to speak with her?"

Fred shook his head, "the com discs then?" George nodded, Fred bounded up the stairs quickly and returned just as fast with a disc that was the size of a galleon George and him had been testing. "I'll keep an eye out for you."

"Be careful," Angelina cautioned after Joy shrunk the blanket and placed it in George's back pocket.

"See you lot," George muttered and began carrying Harper out of the tower as she cried against his neck.

"Where are we going?" Harper sniffed after a few silent minutes.

"You'll love it," George smiled, when they got to the astronomy tower, he gently let go of Harper for her to stand on her own before they ascended up to the top. "This was that surprise I'd made...I checked the stars and they're perfect."

The stars winked at them while George got his shrunken blanket from his pocket, resizing it and wrapping it around himself, he held out his arms to Harper.

"Come here, love," George whispered, she obliged, her eyes were red and puffy as he leaned against the closest wall and slowly slid down it. Harper curled between his legs, wrapping her arms around his torso as she cried against his abdomen—burrowing into the blanket. George revealed the small basket of their favorite sweets and pumpkin juice beside him, breathing deeply as Harper's sobs quieted into sniffing.

"I bet the sunrise looks beautiful from here," George mused, trying to make Harper smile.

"I wouldn't know," Harper's quiet voice drifted toward him, she'd burrowed her face into the blanket, resting her cheek against his left forearm.

"We're gonna find out then," George chuckled, Harper made a noise as his fingers found her hair, gently threading through the black velvet. "I love you, Harpsichord."

Harper was quiet for a moment before she looked up, meeting his gaze, "how could they let this happen?"

George brushed a stray strand of hair from her face, his thumb running across her smooth skin as he shook his head.

"How could they still allow a fourteen year old to compete after establishing the age limits like this?" George shrugged. "I believe the contract for the cup required three tasks, and it was some form of unbreakable vow."

"I warned and warned....I told everyone. The only one I didn't directly speak to was Dumbledore."

"Why not him?" George asked, he slowly began braiding Harper's hair, a habit he'd picked up whenever she lounged against him, her hair was like a velvet curtain he couldn't stop messing with. The scent of lemongrass that wafted from her hair always brought a comfort to him.

"Sybill said she'd take care of it," she whispered, repositioning herself in his arms. "Maybe I should've gone myself....but I trust my aunt."

"Yeah..." his voice drifting off as he held her close to him, her face pressing into his arm.

"I told him repeatedly not to go," Harper whispered, George nodded, continuing to braid her hair.

"I swear it wasn't your fault. You did all that you could, please don't think it was your doing, love," George breathed deeply, falling into a peaceful silence.

"The stars are nice," Harper said after awhile, George looked toward the horizon, nodding slowly. "Do you want to sit closer to the ledge?"

Harper shook her head, moving closer into the blanket, her arms squeezing his torso tighter.

"I love you, George."

"And I love you more," he smiled down at her, she gave him a sidelong look with a small smile.

"You are a perfect grounding point."

"Am I now?" He grinned.

Harper nodded, sitting up and turning so she was laying on her stomach, moving her face closer to his, "thank you."

He ran his thumb along her jaw, pulling her in for a kiss, pressing his lips hard against hers.

"I promise to always be that for you," he muttered against her lips.

***
The following morning the Great Hall was silent as Dumbledore took to the podium that was setup before the staff table. Harper raised an eyebrow as she observed the table, Snape was missing as well as Moody. Dumbledore began his speech addressing the students, explaining the events of last evening.

Lord Voldemort had risen and as a consequence, Cedric lost his life.

Harper felt something twist in herself as she glared at her hands, clenching her fists so tight her nails dug into her palms.

"Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful news reminds us all that our hearts beat as one...." Dumbledore continued to speak of camaraderie, Harper focused on her breathing—attempting not to scream in front of everyone.

George gripped her arm, bringing her to the present, on the other side of the table stood Astrid and Marz. The two looked uncomfortable, tired, and remorseful.

"We...we wanted to pass along our condolences," Marz whispered.

"Piss off," Harper spat, "I don't want your pity."

Astrid's jaw jutted out, she huffed, glaring at her childhood friend. "Are we forgetting which one of us severally rearranged someone's face here?! With their fists, mind you!"

Harper rolled her eyes, an annoyed sound leaving her throat, "fine. Thanks for the condolences," she spoke with a warning tone, Astrid gave a withering stare.

"Honestly-"

"Don't you dare start with me," Harper hissed, leaning forward, her knuckles turning white as she gripped the table to keep her grounded-Fred and George placing restraining hands on her shoulders. "I'm not the one that antagonized me the entire school year, are you happy now?!"

"And I'm not the one that made someone use glamour charms for an entire month," Astrid spat back, Marz pulling her away from the table.

"It was satisfying though," Harper gave a cruel laugh.

"You're a monster," Astrid spat on the ground, her eyes wild.

"Just the way you always wanted," Harper gave a sickeningly sweet grin with a wink.

"Oh my darling....." Astrid sneered, "lashing out like a frightened animal just looks pathetic."

Harper got to her feet, the twins tugging at her arms to pull her back down.

"I don't have time for this, taking your empty apologies and fly away in your prissy as gilded carriages," Harper hissed, she turned away walking out of the Great Hall, feeling eyes watching her hurry off.

"Harper! Harper! Harper!"

Harper turned around as she was looking over the grounds at the oak front doors, Hermione was running up to her—doubling over when she caught up.

"Harper. Our theory! Harper—"

Harper smiled slightly as Hermione took a deep breath, shaking her arms.

"We were right!"

Harpers eyes went huge, her jaw dropping. "We were right?!"

Tears were in Hermione's eyes as she nodded.

"We were right."

Harper started laughing, holding Hermione's shoulders and slowly beginning to spin in a circle. The only thing that could have made Harper smile in the current atmosphere was knowing that the two girls had been right about Rita Skeeter all along.

"Guys?" George's voice called over to them, he had an amused smile on his face as he watched the two girls spinning in circles.

"Rita Skeeter was an unregistered animagus," Hermione explained, Harper nodding beside the shorter girl. "Every article she wrote was because she was transforming into a bug and spying on people. The reason Slytherin was always used as a source was because Malfoy was feeding the information!"

George grinned, "way to figure it out super sleuths."

Harper pulled Hermione into a very tight hug, breathing deep as the girls celebrated their victory.

"Can I steal my girl for a moment, 'mione?" George asked, holding a hand for Harper, Hermione smiled and walked away. "What do you say to a walk around the grounds?"

"I'd love that," Harper smiled as she gave a deep breath.

"What can I do, love?" He asked uncertainly, Harper rested her arms above her head, shaking her head slowly.

"A walk sounds good right now."

"Freddie was telling me about Celeste wanting to throw a party the last night here...as a sort of celebration to Ced and all...."

"Thinking of going?" Harper nudged his arm as they walked toward the Black Lake.

"If the right girl was going," George smirked, prodding her back.

Harper sighed deeply, shrugging slightly, "only if there was a box of sugar mice included in the offer."

"Of course there was, love," George smiled, leaning over and kissing her on the temple.

"You really want to go to one of Celeste's parties? Especially one dedicated to Cedric?" Harper chuckled, his neck was turning red as she prodded his cheek, "you weren't too keen I was at one before."

"That's because the gang was being foolish about it, but now it's a different story."

Harper stopped walking, tugging George's wrist and making him turn to face her with a quirked eyebrow as they stood by the lake. Harper wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling at him before prodding his nose with hers.

"I'd rather just be alone with you if that's alright, love."

"Well, that can be arranged, Miss Nonemacker," George had that goofy grin on her face that made Harper's heart skip several beats.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 175 12
What if Ginny wasn't Molly and Arthur's only daughter? What if Draco was sorted into Gryffindor and not Slytherin? Y/N Minerva Weasley always knew sh...
2.2M 57.8K 81
The Wizarding War had been won and professor McGonagall had filled the position of Headmistress of Hogwarts. Draco's father, Lucius Malfoy, had been...
23.9K 724 21
"if you've got something to ask me, george, just get on with it." he stares at her blankly. "you know it's me. you can actually tell me and freddie a...
152K 4K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...