Escape [Fruits Basket OC]

By par13ker

Hatori paused for a second finding his choice of words. "I understand you and Akito are still at odds..... do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
The Beginning
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Your Highness
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
He's Different
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
The God is Here
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
You Saved Me
Who?
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
The Original Story
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue

Chapter 3

4.2K 115 22
By par13ker

   It was finally dinner time, which meant it also time to get Audrina up. During the time Tohru was preparing the meal, Yuki and Kyo were off in their rooms. Hatori returned to the estate and as much as he tried to keep Audrina's return a secret........ word got out.

  Haru returned as well, not without stepping into the room and saying goodbye to Audri. Being the person she is, she didn't fail to say Goodnight and to be careful on the walk home. To that Haru left the house with a soft smile on his face and a warm feeling.

   Everyone, despite her knowing, had already planned how she was going to spend her return. Audrina was oblivious to the fact that Yuki wanted to have a conversation with her revolving around her visiting him when he was locked in Akito's room. He was desperate to figure out why she wasn't the one to take him in after hearing that Haru asked her first before Shigure. That's what made it hard to approach her. Why did she refuse to live with him despite knowing how he was treated.

   Kyo had his questions he figured he never would find the answer to. Why was she the only one that treated him kindly other than his master? Especially considering that she was a member of the Zodiac. Although Akito never talked about her, she was still a keen member that everyone adored. However, when she visited his Master's dojo, she looked different....... And extremely fragile. That was the time that changed her behavior. She didn't even bother to spare him a glance. Instead, she only talked to Kazuma and stayed in the guest room.

   Haru simply wanted her back. He knew the impact her presence not only had on him, but everyone else. With Rin being extremely sick he believed Audrina could be there for her or provide a older female comfort that didn't look down or abuse her. He wanted everyone to get that warm feeling he felt when she said her goodbye. It was something he missed entirely and that's what he set out for.

  Hatori, once he looked at the date, didn't know what to do. He left and said his Goodbyes to her, but he saw the longing and depression that overcame her. It's like Audri had such an impact on his life that he was unsure that being there for her was enough. While Shigure had been planning for this day for a while. He needed Audri to compete his goal and with her help, he could break the curse.

  And of course Tohru wanted nothing more to have a conversation with Audri. She found her extremely beautiful and it was as if no matter what she did, she had a sort of elegance to it. The colorful personalities of all the other Zodiacs made her want to find out more.

  "Audri! Dinner time", Shigure hummed as he got up from his desk in the same room. He was writing at his desk when he smelt the food. She had slept all day, and was feeling better after letting her body unwind for more than 2 hours. So it's not that his voice gave her a headache because of his tone. It was because he has been talking non -stop.

  "I said I'm not hungry", she spoke. Her voice was clear this time. It was like hunny and unintentionally had a sultry tone to it. Her voice alone was what had anyone falling for her.

  "Still not in a mood huh", he eyes her as she got up. "This wouldn't have anything to do with Amrin would it?".

  She froze and sighed. The hair tie already holding her hair back, she took out and shook it to put it back into a low ponytail. "What do you want from me Shigure", she turned around and walked up to tower over him.

  "I can't just want you to be around. Meet Tohru and have a lovely dinner.", he put his hand over his heart, speaking with indifference.

  "No", she flatly stated, "But I'll stay and then I'm leaving." Before she turned around and walked out of the room, she squatted down and made direct eye contact. Shigure stared back with a menacing grin. "2 things....... I'm not going to be apart of whatever sick game you doing. And DON'T mention that name again ."

At this point they were so close to each other that she could smell the faint scent of colonge that lingered on his kimono. She receive her shorts and sweatshirt from Hatori when he came back and now she was ready to leave.

  "Of course", he replied, the grin still ghosting on his lips. To that Audri didn't want to entertain him any longer, so she stood up fully and turned to the door. Right outside she heard Tohru talking with Kyo and Yuki yelling at each other over something. During that whole time of thinking about Tohru, Audri forgot that this will be a small reunion with them too. It all hit her and Shigure watched she took a couple of deep breaths before opening the door. The room's conversation died down and all three looked to her.

   "Smells good.... ", she walked to sit on the side closest to the door. Shigure's followed and sat in his designated seat. Tohru sat next to Kyo, directly across from her and Yuki sat next to Audri right across from Kyo. They all thanked the food and got to eating. The silence was deafening but Audri never really cared about being embarrassed or awkward.

   "Tohru, I apologize from my earlier behavior. Thank you for the food. It's really good.", she smiled and Tohru's face lit up.

  "No! Don't apologize for being sick...... I'm just glad you fell better.", she blushed as she heard the sound of Audri laughter. Like, her voice, it had a smooth and silk tone to it. "So you're the owl spirit?"

  "Yep. I don't know really what else to say about myself........ I mean I work as a Litigation Paralegal. I like reading.......", she chuckled not knowing what else to say. Or picking and choosing what to say.

  "What's that?", Yuki's soft, whisper-like voice came from her left. She turned and opened her mouth to explain but of course someone had to beat her to it.

  "Audri here works with people who want to sue other people, in short terms", Shigure spoke. She was going to protest but, it was a simple way to put it. So she tightened her lips in and nodded. "What he said....."

"Wow! That's so cool", Tohru perked up and clasped her hand together. Audrina, at that genuinely smiled and Shigure took notice at how soft her eyes were. He hasn't seen it in a while.

   "Yea", she sighed, he smile still apparent on her face as she turned to Kyo. "Your quiet..... you okay?"

  "Like you care", he snapped and then the mood changed. Not for Audrina as she continued to wear a smile, although it turned to something distant. Tohru's scrunched her face and slowly turned to Kyo. Everyone was quiet but Yuki wasn't going to let it slide. "You can't one day without being an ass can you."

  "Hey! Watch your mouth!", it was turning out to be more than a verbal feud as Kyo stood up and got into a position to fight while Yuki remained seated. "Common ratboy!", he now stood directly over Yuki and just as Yuki was giving in about to stand, Tohru sighing as if she was used to these antics.

  Shigure and Audri gave each other a certain look before Audi opened her mouth, "Boys please.......", they froze and looked to her, "Kyo sit down there's no need to start ruckus here." He was left shocked to feel obligated to obey as he shut his mouth, groaned, and stomped back to his seat.

  Her smile faded, but her expression wasn't any of mean. Instead she had a empathetic look in her eyes as she looked to Kyo. "I do care by the way." It was as if that was his last straw. Without a word he stood up and grumbled something on his way out the room. She didn't think much into it but, didn't even have time as she felt someone turn her by the shoulders.

Shigure was close to her face with a desperate look, "please stay here! You don't understand how much those boys trash my house."

  Audri just gave him a dead look without moving an inch. "No, youre grown you should be able to handle them yourself. And stop getting in my face...... please."

  "But Audri", he wasn't able to finish his plea as she placed a palm to his face. Tohru watched the two interact along with Yuki and only one of them were curious enough to ask the question.

"Oh! Are you two best friends as well."

Audrina instantly began chocking. While Shigure was in the ready, "Of course! Me and Audri used to do everything together! We even bathe..."

Audrina immediately slapped him in the back of the head enough to shut up. "No. We are not best friends. I'm just........ stuck with him that's all."

Tohru's eye were wide as she sparred glanced  between a sopping Shigure, mumbling some words while Audri got up to go to the kitchen.

  When she came back, she had a cold, wet rag that she roughly placed on his head. "Stop it"

  His over dramatic bantering died down as soon as he saw her walk to the sliding door. "You're leaving?" Tohru's soft and slightly disappointed voice came from behind her. Audri turned and stared at the trio. "I really have to go to work tomorrow."

  "Oh of course", she had more of an understanding but, that didn't take away from the dread she felt. Audri was another Zodiac member that she really wanted to get close with. Considering there short conversation, there was still a lot about Audri that was a mystery.

  Without another word Audri stepped out of the house, the sun just setting down the horizon. But despite her want to get home, and the fable that she had work the next day. In reality she just wanted to go back to her apartment.

However.........

  "AUDRI!!!!!!!", a young boys voice grew louder than she had the chance to process that she was on the ground. Audrina opened her eyes from the hard impact on the ground to a yellow headed boy that matched to golden shine of his eyes.

Momiji looked down at her with excitement but at this point Audri knew she had to leave. In the beginning it was only a few people who knew about her return but now, it was getting too many.

  Her heart started racing and and the sweat was starting to build up. She was hyperventilating without knowing. "Hi Momiji", she quickly yet softly pushed him off and got up. "I really need to go", she started speed walking ignoring Haru and attempted to move around Hatori who she assumed was here on their behalf but he called out, "Audrina". His voice was stern and this time demanding.

  Panic took over her as she turned around to be faced with everyone staring at her. Shigure was the only one who seemed unbothered. Like he knew what was going on and what was to happen next. "You guys please.", she begged, her voice a desperate tone. The fear in her eyes was real and they took noticed of it. Without another word this time she was serious and quickly made her way down the stair pathway without sparing glance or caring to think about the way she acted.

They were left in silence and like the other two times, Shigure was the one to speak up. "She definitely has........ changed."

  "I just wanted to say hi", Momoji lowered his head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.2K 2.1K 35
One night, you decided that you wanted to run away. You snuck into the kitchen and stuffed a banana, some bread, and a few apples into your backpack...
4.7K 124 19
The Sakamaki's are living there lives in peace with there new guest until they are forced to move. Regretfully leaving everything behind. But rest a...
398K 16.8K 104
completed── :: 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒♡ ︵ . ▸紫呉. . . ❀︵︵ ↴ [Kira had a taste of betrayal as she witnessed her own twin sister sleep with the...
12.6K 293 27
Her name is Mizuki Sohma, the twin sister of Hatsuharu. She isn't a part of the zodiac, but growing up around them has given her a vague idea of thei...