Safe Haven (SLOW updates)

By Xannny

Everything's not always what it seems..sometimes you just need a safe haven. More

Copyrights 2020
Chapter one
Chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine

chapter twenty-six

969 114 19
By Xannny

"Please," Haven begged Devon and Genesis for the third time while they continued staring at her and ignoring her. "I won't go anywhere else, but I must go, please."

"Bro, stop asking. You are not going to the damn game." Devon said while Genesis didn't say anything.

Falling on her stomach, she obtained a bit of blunt force trauma, leaving a tear in the amniotic sac. Since there was no way of repairing it, she was placed on a light bed watch at only ten weeks, making her a very high-risk pregnancy.

"Your selfish ass didn't even apologize to my wife, and you want me to care cause your boyfriend might win or lose his last football game? Haven, get the fuck out my face."

Once Devon and Genesis got home after hearing the news, they took Indigo's and Haven's electronics. They had to come home at 8 PM on the dot; if they had company, they had to leave at 8, start doing more chores around the house, and do all of Genesis's errands since she couldn't.

"I apologize. I was upset; I didn't think it would get that far. I know I'm to blame; I feel so bad I didn't want that to happen."

"That's nice, but you still aren't going," Devon said. 

He was tired of treating them as if everything they didn't do had consequences; it was time shit changed around here, and he was going to be more strict. It was time for a severe change.

Haven didn't say anything as she stomped away. 

She decided she was still going to go.

She understood Genesis was hurt, and she honestly felt so bad, but she felt not being able to see Ezra make history was something they could've let slide.

She locked her door to begin getting ready; the game was starting at seven, meaning she had approximately fifteen minutes to prepare, sneak out, and get there.

She walked to Flaire's room, seeing her gathering her things. 

"Can I use your phone? Please?"

"You sneaking out, ain't you?" Flaire furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah," Haven admitted.

"I don't know shit, so when you get caught, don't mention my name in shit." She handed Haven her phone as she looked in her full-body mirror. 

She made a new hoodie with a complication of pictures of Keygan and her; there were over forty pictures. On the back of the hoodie were different images of Tyke and Ezra; she had to show love to all her boys.

Brat walked into her room with the hoodie Flaire made of pictures of her and the boys; she begged her parents to stay a few days later to see this game.

"You ready? C'mon, I want to see them before they play."  Brat said, making her look at her.

"Yeah, let's take a picture real quick," Flaire said, posing in the mirror. 

Brat pulled out her phone, taking multiple pictures. 

"Are y'all leaving now?" Haven asked, handing her phone back to her. 

"Yeah."

"Okay, see you there." 

Flaire walked into Genesis and Devon's room and saw Alana sleep. She looked at them watching a movie; Devon paused the movie.

"Look at my sweet baby!" Brat spoke, jumping on the bed between them, making Devon move as she laid her head on Genesis. "How does my big sister feel?"

"I'm fine." Genesis kissed her forehead. 

"Get your big ass off us." Devon pushed her.

"You such a big hater," Brat said, getting out of the bed.

"When are you leaving?" Genesis asked.

"Tomorrow morning." She pouted. "I'm going to make sure I come to see y'all before I go, so don't worry."

"Well, I'm going to sleep. Good night." Genesis spoke. "I love you both, be safe." 

"We love you," Flaire said. "I may spend the night with Keygan, but if you need something, just let me know. I'll get it before I decide where I'm going." 

"Okay," Genesis said as Flaire walked out, but she came right back. "I have to talk to you guys about something when I come back."

"We'll be here," Devon said as he began rubbing Genesis's feet; as she enjoyed the moment, she rubbed Alana's head, ensuring she was okay. 

"I think we should let Haven go," Genesis said.

"No." 

"Baby, how could she have known she would cause me to fall? Haven doesn't do anything wrong; we shouldn't be so hard on her the first time she does something."

"So just for this one day or she off of punishment, period?"

"Just this day."

"I'll go let her know." 

Devon walked to her room, knocking on the door, hearing music making him knock; he knocked a few more times then considered that she might be in the shower. 

He walked downstairs to get a few snacks to take to Genesis; they started the movie enjoying the snacks. Forty minutes into the film, he returned to Haven's room, knocking but didn't hear anything but the music. He tried to open the door, but it was locked, making him furrow his eyebrows walking into Indigo's room.

He walked to their bathroom, seeing the door was open, so he went into Haven's room, seeing it was empty and dark with the music playing. He chuckled, shaking his head.

He now knew they took him as a joke.

He looked at the time seeing it was 7:35. He heard somebody coming up the stairs seeing it was Indigo with a platter in her hand.

"Why are you looking like that?" 

"Haven ass snuck out; I thought you were her."

"Welp." Indigo shrugged, walking into their room. "Hey, sissy, how are you feeling?" 

"Fine, what's in the platter?" 

"Sevyn's mom made steak and potatoes; I bought some for you and D."

"Haven snuck out," Devon told her.

"Seriously?" Genesis said in shock.

"Well, I'm going to shower and then go to bed. Let me know if you need something."

"Aye, Indigo, how Sevyn?" Devon asked.

"He was feeling a bit sick today, so they kept him, but tomorrow he will be home." She smiled.

"That's good; I'm glad he getting better." 

Devon laid back down as Genesis laid her head on his shoulder, and he rubbed her belly. He decided he wouldn't get mad at Haven and continue letting her bury herself deeper.

But there were going to be consequences. 

~

Flaire sat next to Keygan's mom, who was next to Ezra and Tyke's mom, along with Maicee's and Brat's mom. It felt like a family reunion; she was a bit down because her parents should have also been there.

"Your ass should've never left!" She heard Ezra's mom yell like the rest of them laughed.

"Girl, Desiree, and Flaire ass got into too much trouble. I either leave or bury Desiree's ass because I beat her to death."

"You're so violent." Brat scrunched her face up.

"42 to 46, the game is close! The warriors could take this!" The announcer yelled, getting their attention. "They have time for one more play! Maybe two! If the Bulldogs don't score, their championship reign will end!"

Everyone got silent as they started doing a play. The whistle blew, making Tyke kick the ball; everybody followed it until it made it through the goalpost. Everyone started cheering as they looked to see forty seconds were left on the board.

"The score is now 45 to 46 with forty seconds left; I'm shaking in my boots! This is the most intense game that I've been to!" 

They started to get into position again; Ezra threw the ball to Tyke, who ran down the field. There were now 20 seconds left as a running back tackled Tyke but right before Tyke could hit the ground, he tossed it to Keygan, who ran down the field, jumping over one player's head as he mushed another player down. 

"He's down to the 30, 20, 10, and it's good!" The announcer yelled as Keygan made a touchdown as the clock rung. "The Bulldogs have won the championship!"

Flaire ran down the stairs ignoring the stares and the security guard; she saw Keygan on his knees, crying as she tackled him. 

"You did it!" She yelled, kissing him while he held her tightly. "You're fucking amazing." 

He held her as Brat jumped on them, following Ezra and Tyke. Everybody was smiling from ear to ear while most people were yelling. 

They stood back up while everybody came to the boys congratulating them. Haven looked for Ezra, but she couldn't find him. She saw him as he was posing for many pictures with Brat, Keygan, Flaire, and Tyke. She smiled, watching them.

Ezra could always sense when Haven was around, he couldn't understand it, but he just felt her. Looking around, he finally spotted her making him smile wider; he moved Flaire out the way, going to her as she jumped on him, wrapping her legs around his waist.

"Four years in a row, baby!" Ezra yelled as she kissed him.

"You been a champ, baby!" Haven smiled.

"You going out with us?" He asked.

"I snuck out; I don't know."

"Well, you already out here." 

"I am, aren't I?" She smiled as he put her down. 

"Gimme a few minutes; I'll be right out, pretty girl." 

She nodded, watching everything around her; she noticed Regina stop Ezra. She watched them; Regina hugged him as they rocked back and forth. Haven felt like Regina was smiling too hard.

"Congratulations." Haven smiled, hugging Tyke and then Key.

"Thanks, sis." Keygan smiled as they both walked away. 

Haven went to stand by Flaire as she saw different people. She was hoping Genesis and Devon wouldn't come and embarrass her. She didn't want to disobey them, but she also couldn't miss this game; she'll take whatever consequence she could.

"So where do y'all want to go?" Ezra's mom, Esha, asked, looking at the other moms. 

"We should go to Toppys!" Brat called out.

"Your bougie ass daughter." Keygan's mom, Monae, remarked, making them laugh.

"She learns from the best." Tomika said.

"Yes, my expensive ass girls." Leval chuckled. 

"Everybody fine with Toppys?" Nygel, Ezra's dad, asked.

"Yeah, we can meet you all there. We can go reserve right now a table now." Maicee's mom, Gina, said.

"Okay, we'll meet you there," Flaire said as all the parents started walking away. 

They waited around ten minutes before the players came out and started walking to their respective cars. Since Keygan didn't drive, he got in the car with Flaire and Brat. 

"Y'all mind if we take a quick detour?" Brat said.

"You're going to get Blaire?" Flaire asked.

"Yeah." She nodded, heading in the direction of his hood.

"You good," Keygan said, reflecting on his big win. 

They made state history being the only football team to win a state championship for four years in a row; he was in a state of bliss no one could take him out of. 

Brat pulled up to Blaire's hood seeing a bunch of people out there; Blaire, who was always watching his surroundings, saw her car the minute she turned the corner. He watched three of the younger boys grab their bags, making him walk toward them.

"Before y'all, dumb asses start shooting; y'all better make sure y'all target in that car." He grabbed one of the boy's wrists, twisting it. "That's my lady and little sister in that car; I will make y'all a memory if y'all play with me again."

"Been telling y'all dumb ass all day to stop tryna show off for these bitches." Ant backed them up. "Matter fact, gimme y'all shit. Trigger happy ass niggas." 

"I'll hit you later; I'm outta here." He said, handing Ant his car keys. "Brah, go park my shit up. Don't be cruising in my shit, especially if you dirty."

"Nigga, I got this." Ant snatched his keys. "Tell E and em I said congrats."

Flaire saw Blaire walking to the car, so she got out going in the back so she could sit with her man; she cuddled into his chest while he kissed her forehead. 

"You had to shit on them and win four years in a row?" Flaire asked, making him smile. 

"I had to make a name for myself, baby." 

"A name indeed." 

"Congrats, my nigga!" Blaire turned around, smacking hands with him. "Y'all niggas better be in the NFL in a few years." 

"Nigga, we better." Key chuckled. "Thanks, though."

"Where are we going?" Blaire asked.

"Toppys."

"I bet your ass picked that expensive ass restaurant." Blaire shook his head.

"I'm sorry, not everybody fits in the bad bitch genre. It's a genre." Flaire and Brat said at the same time, making them laugh.

"Period cause my father said princess treatment only," Flaire added.

"You heard that!" Brat yelled.

"Y'all ass gon annoy me," Blaire mumbled, pulling out his weed and roll-up. 

"Let me hit that when you done," Flaire said.

They continued their way to the restaurant passing the blunt back and forth; as soon as they pulled up, Flaire's phone started ringing. She looked to see Genesis was calling her, making her answer. 

"You okay?" She asked, getting out of the car.

"Do you see Haven?" 

"Oh, y'all figured out she snuck out?" Flaire chuckled.

"That's not funny; if you knew she was sneaking out, why you didn't say anything?"

"Cause I'm minding my business." Flaire shrugged. "If I see her, I'll tell her to call you, but if she doesn't, I tried." 

"I can't stand y'all." 

"I love you more." Flaire hung up.

"Smith," Brat said as the hostess nodded her head, leading her to a different part of the restaurant where it was closed off. 

"Finally, y'all here." Tomika said, handing them a menu. "How are you doing, Blaire?" 

"I'm good." Blaire went to hug her and kiss her on the cheek along with all the other moms in the room. 

"You're looking real good," Esha said.

"How's your mother?" Monae asked.

"She good; she just got her last surgery last week. Everything is good, and she's headed towards being in complete remission." 

Blaire's mother has been suffering from breast cancer for four years now, he didn't like to talk about it, but he was bragging now because his mother has been kicking cancer's ass lately. 

"Did you get your GED yet? Are you working?" Esha asked.

"Yeah, I got my GED like seven months ago. I do HVAC, installation, and stuff like that now." 

"That's a good career. Are you independent right now?" Nygel asked.

"I'm working under someone but learning my way of the business so I can run my own. I do side jobs, but I'm not leaving yet until I obtain enough clientele."

"One of my buildings needs a whole new system; you interested?" 

"Yeah, what's your number? We can talk business later." Blaire said, passing his phone around so he could place his number in his phone.

"I'll call you tomorrow or the day after." 

"Good looks." Blaire nodded as Brat smiled in his face making him slightly mush her. 

"Hi, guys." Regina smiled, walking in with a tall man. "This is my boyfriend, Don."

"Okay, Regina," Maicee mumbled.

That man was fine!

"Okay, the bitch got good taste," Flaire responded, making them two chuckle.

Haven looked at them, giving a fake smile; she just didn't like Regina and figured she never would.

The night continued as all parents caught up while the kids joined in sometimes or had their own conversations. Flaire just couldn't help but think about her parents, her parents should've been here, and the more she thought about it, the more she wanted to know her parent's secret.

At the end of the night, Keygan decided to stay the night with Flaire since she wanted to talk to Genesis, and Devon and Haven decided she would stay the night with Ezra.

"You okay, baby? You seem down." Keygan asked, glancing at her while packing his spendanight bag.

"Seeing everybody's parents together just gets me sad. I'm grateful to have all my friend's parents as second parents, but it's like I want my own."

"You should have both your parents, but at least you have one that you can build with and be closer with. Your mom loved us all going out, and she damn sure wouldn't have wanted you to be feeling sad at the end of the night."

"You're right." Flaire nodded.

Flaire decided to try and cheer up; Keygan just made state history, and here she was being a Debby downer. It was a night dedicated to him; her problems could wait.

"Let's go to the lake." Flaire smiled, making him smirk at her. 

"I'll go grab the lake house keys; meet me in the car."

Flaire nodded, grabbing his bag and car keys; she was going to drive there since she knew Keygan was tired and his body was sore. She wanted him to feel appreciated this whole weekend.

Keygan came out of the house, surprised to see her in the front but not complaining; he kissed her hand as she pulled off. 

Getting back with Flaire was the best decision he ever made, and he stood on that.

___________________

Unedited, filter chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 2.2K 27
All you ever wanted is to have someone that you can trust, talk to, be yourself with and when you thought you found that someone, suddenly everything...
242 12 19
Life in a small town, the good and the bad!
80 0 27
Pain. Sufferings. Hard times. Worst times.
797 86 20
At some point in our life we think about that special someone, even if they aren't in our lives yet. There's always so many steps to take, sacrifices...