Kings In Love (BoyxBoy)

By FrozenEscence

(Book 3 in the Memento series) Can be read as a stand-alone Kaden didn't know what a happy ending would me... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Nine

147 15 2
By FrozenEscence

-Cameron's POV-

My hand gripped tightly onto Gabriel's, using his power as my keeper to keep me calm, I'd finished the work sheet from the teacher as quickly as possible, not wanting to get into any more trouble.

Honestly, I just wanted to go home.

Gabriel sensed my distress and squeezed my hand, leaning his body into mine, and I felt my whole body relax, my breathing becoming easier.

My baby didn't care much for finishing his own work, his attention on me instead, using our mind-link to tell me the storyline to another book he had read, it kept me distracted so I didn't think much about where I was.

The fact that my past still had such a strong effect over me was bothering, but Gabe and my friends were all so understanding and patient with me, helping me through everything, no matter how strong I got.

I still owed them everything.

My love continued his storyline, describing a funny bit in the book, and I had to force myself to look away from him so I wouldn't laugh.

I forced my eyes to the other side of the classroom as I held back a laugh, my gaze fell onto the window, and I was surprised to see how dark it had gotten, it looked like it was going to rain, but I swear the sun was shining no more than five minutes ago.

Gabe continued his story as I frowned out the window, there was a flash of light, but it wasn't lightening, and it took me way too long to realise what was going on.

A portal was displayed high in the sky, its purple glow shining against the background of the darkening sky, there were people gathering around on the field below, it was hard to see at the distance they were at, but I could instantly tell they weren't human.

"We've got a problem!" I managed to get my brain to communicate, but the surprise of the situation panicked me, and instead of just saying this to Kaden and Adrian, I said it to Gabe and Zach as well.

All eyes fell onto me, as my eyes remained locked onto the window, eyes wide in horror.

Were we being attacked? But fighting is forbidden on school grounds, this can't be good.

I swallowed down, awaiting Kaden's next orders as his eyes followed mine and took in the scene forming outside, from the corner of my eye I could see him stiffen in his seat.

"Zach, Gabriel, keep everyone distracted, do everything you can to stop them from looking outside, I should need ten minutes at most. Adrian, Cameron, with me." 

Kaden gave his orders and rose from his seat, walking towards the door.

"Kaden, where are you going?" Tom asked, raising an eyebrow in surprise, as Adrian also jumped up from his seat, and I soon followed suite.

This was so going to get me in even more trouble, but if I didn't, the people in this room would also be in danger, and one of those people was my keeper, and I would do anything to keep him safe.

"I'm not feeling well, I think I'm going to be sick," Kaden said, clutching his stomach for extra effect, before leaving the classroom.

"I have to pee!" Adrian announced next, following after him.

"I forgot something in my locker," I was the last to say, as I stepped over the threshold, and started running with the other two boys in front of me.

-Zach's POV-

They spewed their excuses as they rushed from the room, leaving Tom to look rather flustered as he tried to figure out what just happened, and since he could no longer ask the absent boys, his eyes drifted over to me and Gabe.

Gabe was a table over from me and just simply shrugged as Tom raised an eyebrow in his direction, and once he figured he wasn't going to get a response out of the brooding boy, he turned to look at me instead.

I swallowed down hard, I could also feel several pairs of eyes burning into the back of my head as I forced myself to continue looking forward, and not let my eyes drift to the window, where I hoped my love would be okay.

Keep them distracted, Zach, don't let them look out of the window.

I bit my lip, trying to think of something to do, how the hell am I supposed to keep them all busy?

Just as I was about to give up and ask Gabriel if he had any ideas, I saw Tom sigh, his head going to turn towards the closed window.

"Adrian has a small bladder!" The words tumbled out of my mouth before I could even think, and Tom's eyes snapped back to me.

Sorry, my love.

Tom raised an eyebrow, looking at me in amusement as I heard Gabe sigh.

"You guys played the new update for that game yet?" Gabriel suddenly asked, his attention on the boys at the back.

"Yes!" Luke chimed in, excitement leaking from his voice. "It's so good!"

"Oh, we're talking now, that's fun, for a moment I thought this was detention," Tom drawled sarcastically.

I silently sighed, thanking Gabriel for the distraction. He kept them talking for a while, and Tom must have been feeling generous because he let them continue, simply going back to his computer and typing away.

My shoulders sank in relief as I let myself join in the conversation, talking about video games with the boys we were slowly getting to know, unfortunately, this was something they couldn't know about, no matter how close we got as friends.

We kept it up for a while, before Tom rose from his seat again, going to step towards the window.

Gabriel jumped up, stumbling over to stand in front of him, panic easing onto his face.

"Gabriel, is there a problem?" Tom asked, staring at the boy that now stood in front of him in confusion.

Gabe's eyes flickered to mine, silently begging me to do something.

Shit.

My eyes flashed to the window; I need to act fast. What to do? What to do? I could already see the fight breaking out outside from where I sat, flashes of light filling the sky as worry settled into my stomach.

I caught sight of the blind cord, swinging ever so slightly, tapping against the window.

My legs moved faster than my brain, pushing myself out of the chair, as I grabbed for the cord, giving it one strong tug as the blind unravelled, falling into place in front of the window and blocking out of the view of the outside.

Of course, in doing so I had caught everyone's attention.

"Zach? What on Earth is going on with you two?" Tom asked, looking very suspicious as his eyes moved back and forth between me and Gabe.

"Nothing, Sir! It was just a bit bright; it was kind of hard to concentrate," I awkwardly chuckled, rubbing at the back of my neck.

"It actually looked like it was getting dark out there," Michael interjected, looking at me like he was trying to work something out.

"I have sensitive eyes," I tried, but nobody looked convinced as Tom took a step towards me.

"Back to your seat please, Zach," he instructed but I was frozen to the spot, standing so my body was blocking the blind cord.

"I actually kind of like it here." I smiled, hopefully.

"Zach, move," he spoke with warning, and I swallowed down, gazing at Gabe helplessly.

"I don't see what the big deal is, if he wants the blinds closed you should let him," Gabriel yawned, looking bored, but Tom was having none of it.

"Shield's up, they can look now," Adrian's voice cut through the silence, echoing around in our heads, and I felt my body release its tension as I sighed.

"If you don't move, you will both be in detention, until your graduation day," Tom threatened, crossing his arms sternly.

"Sure thing," I smiled, exhaustion hitting me as I sank back into my seat, Gabe doing the same, looking just as relieved as myself.

Tom raised his eyebrows in surprise, convinced that we weren't going to move, his eyes moved back to the blinds, his hand pulling at the blind cord to reveal the outside world again, and this time it just looked normal, the same, boring old green field staring back, the sky was still dark but this time there was no obvious portal tearing through the clouds.

Tom's gaze moved around every crevice of the outside area, looking for something he wouldn't find before he finally sighed, turning around the face us both with looks of disbelief.

"What was all that about?" He mumbled to himself this time, rubbing at his temples with closed eyes, before he forced himself to forget whatever the hell just happened, and stomped back over to his computer in defeat.

Gabe and I shared a smile at our little victory.

-Kaden's POV-

I sent alerts to the guards, warning them of the security breach on school grounds, was it because we were here late, or was this their original plan? Was us being here just a coincidence? No, it couldn't have been.

Myself, Adrian, and Cameron were on the field in seconds, along with my own personal guards who had joined us, on what was quickly becoming a battlefield.

The portal our newfound enemies had created very obviously shone down upon us, and I could feel my anger growing, my blood boiling as I took in the sight in front of me.

Oh, what a very stupid mistake.

"Adrian, Cameron, we need to get that portal closed as soon as possible, and throw up a shield so we're not so exposed, can you keep them off me?" 

I planned everything out in my head, knowing what was needed to be done, I didn't know what these people wanted but at this point in time, it wasn't important.

"Yes, Sir!"

Adrian and Cameron accepted my orders before they moved quickly across the field, immediately grabbing the enemy's attention.

They closed in on the both of them as I raced towards the portal, I would have to close it first, a deceptive field plus a portal in one area would create way too much attention, it was too much power for a school area.

Our portals were strong, some could only be opened and closed automatically by its creator, this one would have to be deactivated manually, each portal has a weakened point, almost always being at the very top in the centre, one plunge of the sword, buried deep within the barrier with just enough strength would force it to close.

It is something I have gotten very good at.

The problem was getting there, I dodged and dived out of the way of incoming attacks as Adrian and Cameron quickly raced to my side, pulling away what enemies they could, the guards helped to deal with the other enemies scattered around the portal.

I prayed everything was okay with Zach and Gabriel, hopefully they were succeeding in stopping anyone from that room looking out of the window, what a complication that would be.

The thought was actually quite amusing, to watch the guy's eyes widen as they witness our mid-air battle.

I used more force to push me faster through the air, approaching the portal that was glowing with life, honestly, I was impressed, it was quite large.

An enemy rushed to my front, blocking me from getting any closer, I didn't recognise them, and I didn't stop to chat as I easily threw them to the side with the tilt of my head.

It wasn't obvious who the leader of this little clan was, which made me think they weren't here, but how selfish to send your troops into battle alone, that was not an honorary thing to do, but as Adrian would always say; you must get through the side bosses to meet the main boss.

I rolled my eyes, cursing myself for thinking of that at a time like this.

Another enemy approached me with impressive speed, their sword was drawn, aiming for my stomach, I easily dodged, raising my hand in front of me, as I used my powers to make them drop their weapon.

The sword easily fell from their hand, causing them to stare at me in shock and horror, however, they didn't give up, this time charging towards me again with their hands out in front of them.

Their power would have no effect on me, I was too strong, but I could give them credit for trying, did they even know who they were fighting right now?

My frustration and anger grew, not wanting to spend any more time on this fight, when there were more important things to do, and I forced the enemy backwards, gently pressing a hand to their chest when they were close enough.

The air left their lungs as they started choking, before they were forced to return to the ground if they wished for their oxygen back.

A few more tried after that, but it was no challenge, and after Adrian and Cameron had cleared up the more aggressive enemies, they joined me once again, allowing me to get closer and closer, until I could almost touch it.

I withdrew my sword, it's power leaving streaks of light in its wake, and that's when the enemies got more persistent.

The guards were abandoned as they all raced to stop me, I had to be quick.

Cameron and Adrian braced themselves, standing defensively behind me as I turned my back to them, so I was fully facing the portal.

A true sign of trust, but of course, I trusted them with my life.

My grip tightened around the blade in my hands, before I thrust the instrument forward into the portal's weak spot, making sure the sword went all the way in as I watched the portal wither away, it's purple light dissipating, and the noise of the now even more pissed off enemies, grew louder.

I jumped to the ground, letting my body hit the grassy field quickly, as I used my power to create a barrier that would hide the fight from outside watchers, shielding us from everyone's view.

Okay.

Now we can fight.

Adrian, Cameron and the guards handled most of the situation, protecting me at all costs, but luckily it seemed these guys weren't that strong, and after easily taking down a few opponents myself, it didn't take long before they started to flee.

I forced myself to remain calm throughout the whole situation, but I could still feel the anger rushing through my veins.

The sigh that left my lips was unstoppable as I rubbed at my forehead, I didn't know what the hell was going on, but they made a very brave and idiotic move today, and I would find out who these people are, and then there would be hell to pay.

Everything was cleaned up quickly, leaving no trace that they were ever even there, and I could feel Adrian's and Cameron's eyes on me, but my eyes drifted up to the window of a familiar classroom, where I knew calm awaited me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 167K 32
{BOOK ONE IN: The Alpha's Trilogy} I'd never seen eyes quite like his. It's like they looked right into my soul. I could feel my body tensing as he...
579 73 24
[Completed] [Edited] A girl having confusion finding her sexuality. But then comes her two male mates. She rejects them after finding her true power...
53.7K 1.6K 35
*currently being rewritten on Ao3* Kid An OCD for symmetry so he is bullied for it. But what happens when the bullies take it one step further? Somet...
116K 4.8K 43
Previously know as The lonely Omega. Chance Night is a werewolf, specifically; an omega. He has snow white hair with one vibrant purple eye and one b...