13 Reasons Why Hannah Baker L...

espinosa1989 által

What if Hannah Baker survived her attempt? What would that world look like? In this world, she survives her a... Több

Chapter 1: October 9th, 2017
Chapter 2: The Tapes
Chapter 3: Paying The Price
Chapter 4: Sooner Or Later, The Truth Will Come Out!
Chapter 5: Free Solo
Chapter 6: Tape 9
Chapter 7: The Stop Sign
Chapter 8: Clay's Tape
Chapter 9: The Confrontation
Chapter 10: It Has To Get Better
Chapter 11: The Trial Begins & The 1st Polaroid
Chapter 12: The Hallucination
Chapter 13: Jessica's Testimony
Chapter 14: The 2nd Polaroid
Chapter 15: Hannah's Poems
Chapter 16: The Secret Relationship
Chapter 17: Clay Testifies
Chapter 18: The Tapes Are Out
Chapter 19: Porter's Testimony
Chapter 20: The Clubhouse
Chapter 21: Bryce & Chlöe
Chapter 22: Awakening
Chapter 23: Confronting Monty
Chapter 24: The Verdict
Chapter 25: The Sentencing
Chapter 26: The Aftermath Of The Trial
Chapter 27: Spring Fling
Chapter 28: The New Girl
Chapter 29: The Disappearance of Bryce Walker
Chapter 30: Jessica's Speech
Chapter 31: The Truth About Chlöe
Chapter 32: Student Body President Jessica Davis
Chapter 33: Bryce Walker Is Dead
Chapter 34: Tyler
Chapter 35: Tyler's Gun
Chapter 36: The Problem With Alex Standall
Chapter 37: The Funeral
Chapter 38: There Are A Number Of Problems With Clay Jensen
Chapter 39: Return of the Counselor
Chapter 40: The Problem With Justin
Chapter 41: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.1
Chapter 42: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.2
Chapter 43: What Does Charlie Know?
Chapter 44: I'm A Survivor
Chapter 45: Homecoming
Chapter 46: Let The Dead Bury The Dead
Chapter 47: It's Not Supposed To Be Easy For People Like Us
Chapter 48: SRO
Chapter 49: Sanderson University
Chapter 50: The Mysterious Caller
Chapter 51: Love Is Love
Chapter 52: The Legend of Burnham Woods
Chapter 53: Find Your Drink
Chapter 54: Is It A Drill? Part 1
Chapter 55: Is It A Drill? Part 2
Chapter 56: The Session
Chapter 57: Tyler's Deal
Chapter 58: Gordon Lightfoot
Chapter 59: The Walkout & The Riot
Chapter 60: Prom Part 1
Chapter 61: Prom Part 2
Chapter 62: The Finals Days Of Justin Foley
Chapter 63: Justin's Funeral
Chapter 64: The Return Of The Tapes
Chapter 66: Goodbye
Chapter 67: 20 Years Later
Chapter 68: The Reason Why I'm Still Going

Chapter 65: Graduation

36 1 0
espinosa1989 által

The moment we've been waiting for is finally here. Graduation. My parents were super excited for it and so was I. But at the same time, I'm also sad because Justin isn't here. The same goes for Bryce & Monty. They were suppose to graduate too. Jessica told me that when she spoke to Bolan about canceling the the Homecoming game, he told her that Bryce wanted to transfer back to Liberty. He would've graduated with us if he had transferred. Can't say the same with Monty who was locked up. Now, about our future... here what's in store for us. After getting rejected from her top 3 colleges and despite taking the blame for the riot & everything she's done with H.O. like the Homecoming protest, Jessica got into Berkeley. She's not the only one who also got into Cal, so did Tyler. So Alex won't be alone next year. And speaking of Tyler, he & Estella are dating now. I'm happy that they found each other. Ani got into 9 different schools. The school she choose to go is Stanford University. Stanford & Cal aren't that far from each other, they're almost an hour away and they're rivals. Both schools are in the Bay Area, which is an hour away from Evergreen County. Zach managed to get into a music school, which is also in the Bay Area. He's gonna study guitar and voice. He does have a nice singing voice and I've seen him play the guitar. So everyone is staying here in the Bay Area. But 3 of us aren't. Tony is going to the University of Nevada. At the request of his father, Tony sold Padilla Automotive to Caleb so he can be able to go to Nevada. Then there's me & Clay. We're both heading east. I'm going to New York and he's going to Providence. We'll be 3 hours away from each other. We'll try to see each other on the weekends. So here's to the next 4 years. I'm also looking forward at seeing old friendly faces at graduation. Courtney Crimsen, Ryan Shaver, Scott Reed, & Chlöe Rice will be there to watch us graduate. Jessica's mom & her brothers moved to Seattle last December for her new job, they flew in to watch Jessica graduate. Jessica also has family flying from her Milwaukee. Another sad thing about graduation is that Padillas can't be here. Tony had no one from his family coming to graduation, or so he thinks. Caleb told me that he's flying in his littles sister from Arizona. He's has no idea, I can't wait to see his reaction. Enough talk, the ceremony has begun. We all make our way to our seats. Liberty left an seat empty for Justin as a tribute. I'm sitting in the 3rd row where the students who's last names start with A & B are seated. Jessica & Clay are sitting on the stage where they will be speaking to everyone. Clay was nervous. He told me that he didn't write anything, he's just gonna speak from the heart. When someone says that, that means that it's gonna be good. Principal Bolan is now on the podium as he's speaking to the class of 2019.

Principal Bolan: I admire you all. You've been tested well beyond the classroom, and you have endured. Now, you may not believe me. Your... (Chuckles) ...class president and class speaker, in particular, may not believe me. But all we have ever wished for, myself, the educators here today, all of your parents, all we have truly wished for is to see that you are all happy and healthy and safe. This class, in particular, has made that hellishly hard.

Yeah, we did.

Principal Bolan: But I have faith in you. (Chuckles) All of you. And I hope that we have taught you well. I know you have taught me. I'm grateful. And I'm proud of you all.

Principal Bolan was finished with his speech as me & everyone else applaud and cheered. Jessica was up next.

Jessica Davis: Look, here's the thing. There should be more of us here. And lately, I have been thinking about why they're not here. I have a history of causing trouble with my speeches. Principal Bolan actually had to approve my speech just so I wouldn't make trouble.

Of course.

Jessica Davis: But that was a month ago. And my life has changed since then. But don't worry, I'm not causing any trouble today. Because I just want you to hear me. Some of you circulated a petition this year, demanding I be removed from office. Saying that I was a one-issue president, and I had made my point, and I should just shut up. Well, no girls signed that petition.

That's right, we didn't. We laughed as us girls cheered on Jessica.

Jessica Davis: So, news, boys, our point is far from made. And we're not shutting up.

We start applauding, whistling, & whooping after Jessica said that.

Jessica Davis: But you are right about one thing: I am a one-issue president. I'm a one-issue person. I spent the last couple of years angry. Hurt. Scared. But I'm not gonna do that anymore. I'm gonna focus on my one issue. Which is love.

There was some laughter and some jeering when Jessica mentioned love.

Jessica Davis: Oh, what? Does talking about love make you embarrassed? Is it girly? What? Because it's the thing. It's the only thing. It's easy to hate. It's easy to fear. It's goddamn hard to love. But it's not optional. It's essential. It's life or death. I challenge you. Love each other. Do it. Do it better. Now and every day. I love you all.

And I love you too, Jessica Davis. Just like I love all of my friends. But more importantly, I love you, Clay Jensen.

Jessica Davis: Oh, and fuck the patriarchy.

Yeah! She just had to say that. Everyone began cheering, whistling, whooping, & raucously applauded Jessica for saying that. I turn to see Bolan's & Foundry's reaction and they were like "let her have it". After Jessica was done, it was Clay's turn to speak. If anyone had a hard time at Liberty, it was Clay. Everyone knows what he went through and what he's done for his fellow students. There's a reason why the students of Liberty voted him to speak, and we're about to find why they voted for him to speak.

Clay Jensen: It comes down to one question. Will you survive high school? Will I survive? Because I know too many people who didn't. In the past two years, 2 people who I loved have died. And 2... 2 other people... (Sniffling) ...who I thought I hated, also died. But I learned that hate is too simple. Jessica's right. Hate is easy. Love and understanding are harder. But they are how we take care of each other, how we survive. (Sniffs) My dad loves to tell me stories about when he was in high school. The stories usually involve chess club and obscure bands with funny haircuts, because the '80s were a strange, strange time.

Everyone laughed at that. But then again, I do love all things '80's.

Clay Jensen: But he always gets one thing right. He knows high school can hurt. That it can be painful. That there are days when that's all it is. And he once told me that he's living proof... you can survive. You can get through it. He's living proof, and so am I. And so are all of you. And the thing is, for me, for us, this class, this... this generation, high school actually is life or death. We show up every day not knowing if this is the day we die. If this is the day someone shows up with a gun and tries to kill us all. We practice what we'll do if that happens. Life or death.

Clay takes moment to breath.

Clay Jensen: I suffer from anxiety... and, uh, depression. But mostly anxiety. I sometimes think all of us kids do, in some way. And how could we not, with the world the way it is? We hear a lot of promises that things will get better. And... and, look, maybe they will, maybe they won't. And what I think I've learned, what I wanna say to you... is whatever happens, keep moving. Get through it. Choose to live. 'Cause even on the worst day, there... are people who love you. There's new music waiting for you to hear, some... something you haven't seen before that will blow your mind in the best way. Even on the worst day, life is a pretty spectacular thing. Thank you. Good luck.

I wipe the tears off from my face. What Clay said was real beautiful. I'm really proud of Clay. After he was finished, we were all called up to pick up our diplomas one by one. When my name was called up, everyone cheered for me. I can hear my parents whistling from the stands. I go up to Bolan as he gives me my diploma.

Principal Bolan: Congratulation, Hannah. I'm glad you're alive for this.

Hannah Baker: Thank you.

I shake his hand as I walk up to both Jessica & Clay as she hugs me. When it was Clay's turn, I kiss him in front of everyone as they cheer us on.

Cyrus: Get in there, Jensen!

Zach Dempsey: (Whistles) Get some!

We just smiled and laugh as I returned to my seat. After everyone had received their diplomas, it was time to make it official.

Principal Bolan: Ladies & gentlemen, I give to you... Liberty High graduating class of 2019.

We all throw our caps in the air as we officially graduate from Liberty High. Am I going to miss Liberty? Hell no! Am I gonna miss my time with friends? Yes. Not all the moments I've had at Liberty were bad. I've had some good one with my friends. After graduation was over, we all gathered to the gym to celebrate.

As everyone celebrates with their loved ones, Amara Josephine who drove from Oakland to watch her daughter graduate leaves early as Ani sees her off. After her mother left, Ani returns to the gym.

Jessica Davis: Hey!

Ani Achola: Hey!

Jessica Davis: Where's your mom?

Ani Achola: Oh, she had to work. Couldn't leave.

Jessica Davis: Then you have to help me endure my relatives. My uncle flew in from Milwaukee.

Jessica drags Ani to meet her family. The punks & the jocks have buried the hatchet as they get acquainted with one another.

Eric: Dude. No way. You do not like The Descendants.

Luke Holliday: Saw their Sacramento show last year!

Toby: You know, I love that the new quarterback is a homo.

Diego Torres: Uh, he identifies as bisexual, actually, and I don't think we're supposed to use that word.

Courtney Crimsen wasn't the only familiar face to return to Liberty, so did both her dads.

Todd Crimsen: Yeah, we designed the whole thing!

Steve Crimsen: We like to keep a hand in, even though you're off at Wellesley.

Courtney Crimsen: Oh, my God! This is where I get it from!

Jessica introduced Ani to her family family as they both explain to them how Jessica got into Cal.

Ani Achola: You know, she wrote her new essay about causing riots, stripping naked... um, getting suspended...

Jessica Davis: Then I got into Berkeley.

I'm standing next to Tony as it was time for his surprise.

Hannah Baker: Alright, Tony. Time for your surprise.

Tony Padilla: It better be better that the copies of the tapes you left me.

Hannah Baker: Oh, it's better.

I turn my attention to where Caleb is standing as I smile. Tony turns to see what I'm looking at.

Tony Padilla: Graciella! Mi vida!

Graciella Padilla: Tonio!

And there it was. Tony began smiling as he's now reunited with his little sister, Graciella. It brought me joy seeing them together as she runs toward him and they embrace each other with a huge hug. This is the first time I've ever seen her.

Tony Padilla: (Chuckles) Yes! Oh, it's so good to see you!

Graciella Padilla: I missed you.

Tony Padilla: I missed you! Oh, my God, you're so big.

Graciella Padilla: Look at your hair!

Tony Padilla: Yeah, I know.

Tony looks at me.

Hannah Baker: Don't look at me, this was all Caleb.

Caleb now joins us.

Tony Padilla: Thank you. Graciella, you've already meet Caleb. This is my friend, Hannah Baker.

Hannah Baker: Hello, Graciella. It nice to finally meet you.

Graciella Padilla: Nice to meet you, too.

Hannah Baker: Well, I'll let you 2 catch up.

I let Tony & his sister have their moment together. With us now gone from Liberty, what's going to happen to Hands Off Our Bodies? Well, we thought about it and we picked the perfect person to lead H.O. next year.

Ani Achola: Mrs. Walker had some money she wanted to give away, so she's endowing H.O.

Hannah Baker: So, although we will soon be forgotten around here...

Jessica Davis: The cause lives on. The torch is passed. Use it well.

Jessica hands over the megaphone over to Estela de la Cruz, the new leader of H.O.

Estela de la Cruz: You guys want me to take over H.O.? Tyler will be so proud! Can I tell him?

Jessica Davis: 'Course!

Ani Achola: Sure.

Hannah Baker: Tell him.

Estela heads off to tell Tyler the good news as he's chatting with Alex.

Tyler Down: I was thinking maybe we could carpool up in the Bay Area to visit our boos. You're coming up for every football game, right?

Alex Standall: Uh... Am I supposed to?

Estela de la Cruz: Yeah. You are. You're the boyfriend.

Alex Standall: Every game?

At another table, Diego, Luke, Charlie, are hanging out with Alex's brother, Peter.

Luke Holliday: Those little short routes are a waste of time! Let him air it out!

Peter Standall: Luke, I love you. You got a great arm, but you haven't been known for your brain. OK?

Diego Torres: Offense is boring.

Diego leaves the table and goes up to Winston.

Diego Torres: Winston, man! Congrats, dude!

Winston Williams: Thanks.

Diego Torres: You finally did it. We're gonna hang out this week, right?

Winston Williams: For sure.

Diego Torres: Cool. Looking forward to it.

Diego walks off as Ryan approaches him.

Ryan Shaver: Look, they hate you until they love you. That's all I gotta say. I'm Ryan.

Winston William: Winston.

Ryan Shaver: Oh, I know. So...

Courtney Crimsen: Always workin' the room.

Courtney passes by them and playfully tilts Ryan's head as she head to a table with her fathers.

Ryan Shaver: She's an old friend.

Courtney Crimsen: Ryan Shaver.

At another table, Zach is talking to Scott, Chlöe, & Dean Foundry.

Zach Dempsey: I, uh... It was a late application... but I got in off an audition.

Scott Reed: Wait, so you're gonna study music?

Zach Dempsey: Yeah!

Chlöe Rice: That's awesome, Zachy!

Zach Dempsey: It's great!

Chlöe Rice: And your mom is totally cool with it?

Zach Dempsey: Well, she thinks it's for violin, and it's actually for guitar and voice, but one step at a time.

Dean Foundry: I'm gonna forget I know that last bit.

Zach Dempsey: Probably for the best, yeah.

I stop by where Clay & his parents as they congratulate me.

Matt Jensen: Congratulations, Hannah.

Hannah Baker: Thank you, Mr. Jensen. And Congratulation to you too, Helmet.

Laine Jensen: Let me guess, you call him Helmet because he looked adorable with his bike helmet on.

Hannah Baker: Correct.

Clay Jensen: Not you too, mom.

Me & his mom giggle as Dean Foundry comes towards us.

Dean Foundry: Hey, Clay, Hannah. Congratulations.

Clay Jensen: Oh, thanks, Dean Foundry.

Hannah Baker: Thank you, Dean Foundry.

Dean Foundry: Really, no, your speech was wonderful. Honestly, it was inspiring, even for an old guy like me.

Hannah Baker: It really was. Brought me to tears.

Clay Jensen: Thank you.

Dean Foundry: Yeah. No, it was really moving.

After Foundry was finished speaking with Clay, I headed back to my table where my family was at. We took pictures. Pictures of me & my family, me & Clay, and one with me & my friends.

As the celebration was coming to a close, the teens informed their loved ones that they have to do something important.

Tony Padilla: I gotta do something with my friends for a bit, but I'll definitely be back in time for dinner. And very soon, I'm gonna be so close to Arizona. Like, 4 hours.

Caleb: Maybe 3.

Bill Standall: We're so proud of you, kid. You know that, right?

Alex Standall: Said it about a million times.

Bill Standall: And we'll say it a million more.

Peter Standall: Hey, one more.

Peter takes out his camera as his parents get in position with Alex.

Peter Standall: Really embarrass him this time, Mom.

Bill Standall: Come on, bring it in.

Peter Standall: Yeah!

Peter takes the picture as Alex begins to walk off.

Alex Standall: I gotta see my friends. I'll be home later.

Graciella Padilla: Can we make pozole and sopapillas?

Tony Padilla: Por supuesto. Of course we can.

Tony kisses his sister on her head.

Mr. Wood: Teaching you has been an absolute pleasure, Amorowat.

Ani Achola: Oh, thank you, Mr. Wood. That's very kind.

Mr. Wood: It's not often in a teacher's career...

Alex Standall: Sorry, we need Ani. We've got a robotics emergency.

Ani Achola: Excuse me, Mr. Wood. Thank you.

Alex & Ani head toward the bleachers as they are soon joined by Tony, Tyler, Zach, Jessica, Charlie, Ryan, & Courtney.

Clay Jensen: I have to go do, um, a totally legal thing with my friends, so...

Laine Jensen: Of course.

Clay Jensen: (Chuckles) Um... Thanks, guys.

Matt Jensen: Great day, kiddo.

Clay Jensen: I, uh... Uh, thank you, guys... for everything... ever. I love you.

Clay goes to join his friends on the bleachers.

Hannah Baker: I um... got something to do.

Olivia Baker: The tapes?

Hannah Baker: Yeah. We're burying them. I don't know where, but Clay picked out a spot. I'll be home after.

Andy Baker: Okay, then.

Valerie: So we'll see home later.

Hannah Baker: Ok, see you later.

Bridgette: Bye.

Hannah Baker: Bye.

Olivia Baker: Um, Hannah. I love you. We love you.

Andy Baker: All 4 of us.

Hannah Baker: I love you guys as well.

I hug the 4 of them as they leave the gym. I go to the bleachers to sit with my friends. We all just sit there and take one final moment we have here at Liberty. I just sit there next to Clay as I hold on to his arm.

Tyler Down: I just wanna take pictures that matter to somebody.

Ani Achola: I'd like to make enough money so that my mum doesn't have to work.

Tony Padilla: Yeah.

Ryan Shaver: I fully plan on being famous. Like, not social famous, I mean, so even The New

York Times knows who I am.

Zach Dempsey: I just wanna remember this day. Just like this. Right now.

Courtney Crimsen: Yeah.

Hannah Baker: I'm just happy to be alive.

They all look at me and we smile to each other.

Clay then looks across from the gym and he see Justin & Bryce in their Liberty letterman jackets sitting on the bleachers as Justin smiles at Clay.

Clay Jensen: I just wanna be clear. I don't actually see ghosts. I just, like... imagine people and... what I would say to them.

Clay is now imagining Justin sitting next to him as he they have a conversation in his head.

Justin Foley: Yeah, I get it. You wrote my paper on magical realism.

Clay Jensen: I didn't write your... I just helped you write it.

Justin Foley: Yeah, I know. I just like to get you goin'.

Clay Jensen: (Sighs) But what I don't get is why ghost you is hanging out with Bryce? Even in my head.

Justin Foley: We loved each other, me and him. We were brothers. You know, you can love people who did... bad shit. You can forgive people. Even the people who hurt you worst.

Clay Jensen: You're talking about Hannah.

Clay turns to his left as he sees Hannah laying her head on his shoulder.

Justin Foley: When you forgive someone, it's more for you than them.

Clay Jensen: How much I hurt... with Hannah. Always. It's my fault. I fall in love with girls too fast, too hard. But with Hannah... it's real.

I take my head off from Clay's shoulder as I see him looking at me.

Hannah Baker: What?

Clay Jensen: Have I ever tell you how adorable you are?

Hannah Baker: There's that word again.

I really love this role reversal as we give each other a kiss.

Zach Dempsey: Jensen! Baker!

We look over at them.

Jessica Davis: Are we gonna do this?

Clay looks back at me.

Hannah Baker: Let's do this.

We leave Liberty one final time. But before we leave the school, we take one final look at the school as we flip it off and say.

Everyone: Fuck you, Liberty High.

Clay take us over to a hill that's located almost outside of Evergreen. We park our cars and get out. Why did he choose this spot? Because this is where Tony brought him to listen to his tape. We dug up a hole as I set the shoebox with my tapes inside it. Clay & Tony then walk up next to me...

Clay Jensen: (Sighs) This is where I first listened to my tape. And this is where we lay them to rest.

Tony Padilla: Rest in peace.

Zach Dempsey: Come on, people. Let's pile on the closure dirt.

While Hannah, Zach, Alex, Tyler, Courtney, & Ani begin burying the tapes, Jessica turns around and sees Bryce standing on the pathway of the hill. While her friends are burying the tapes, Jessica sneaks off approaches the hallucination of Bryce Walker.

Bryce Walker: I'm on those tapes. It's my day too.

Jessica Davis: No. Your day's gone. Long gone.

Bryce Walker: You need me in this world. Otherwise, what would girls like you start riots about?

Jessica Davis: Oh, there's plenty.

Bryce Walker: Still, I kinda feel like I won.

Jessica Davis: You didn't. I was looking around today at graduation, and I was thinking about how Justin was missing. But then I thought, I love these people. Clay Jensen, Hannah Baker, Zach, and Courtney, Ryan freakin' Shaver, for fuck's sake. (Chuckles) In what kind of world do I love all these kinds of people? The world you made. We had to love each other at the end of it all. You did that.

Bryce Walker: So that's something, right?

Jessica Davis: Sure.

Bryce turns around and begins walking away as he disappears from Jessica's life for good.

After we were done burying the tapes, me & Clay turn to see Jessica down on the pathway talking to herself. She was talking to Bryce. After Justin's death, we talked more about her seeing him. Clay helped her out telling her how he stopped seeing both Monty & Bryce. That's what Jessica was doing, her own closure with Bryce. Jess turns around and sees us as she nods at us and we nod back. I have to admit, this is a nice spot. This hill has a beautiful view of Evergreen County. We gather up by a wooden fence as we soak in the view.

Zach Dempsey: All the shit that never would've happened.

Jessica Davis: But we would've never been friends.

Tony Padilla: We'll always have that.

Hannah Baker: Yeah. Always and forever.

Tyler Down: If anyone ever needs any help, anytime, anyplace, just send a group text, say, "Gordon Lightfoot."

Alex Standall: Right on.

Ryan Shaver: Wait. What? Gordon Lightfoot?

Clay Jensen: It's the strangest fucking code word.

Hannah Baker: Alex's idea.

We stayed there for a little while as we watch the sunset on Evergreen County. Just like Luke Skywalker did in Star Wars with the twin suns. I know, how nerdy of me. Thank you, Clay Jensen.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

51.4K 854 22
Emmalee Andrews was Hannah Baker's best friend. They went through just about everything together, until the night of Jessica Davis's party. When Emma...
323K 4K 75
Imagines from the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why **all characters ((requests))
228 0 13
Bryce Walker has been murdered! It's been a year since Hannah Baker's death and the boy who assaulted her has been killed. Clay Jensen becomes the pr...
830K 15.4K 117
Once upon a time a girl named Lils really wanted to publish something while she was working on another story and listening to Fall Out Boy, and then...