13 Reasons Why Hannah Baker L...

By espinosa1989

What if Hannah Baker survived her attempt? What would that world look like? In this world, she survives her a... More

Chapter 1: October 9th, 2017
Chapter 2: The Tapes
Chapter 3: Paying The Price
Chapter 4: Sooner Or Later, The Truth Will Come Out!
Chapter 5: Free Solo
Chapter 6: Tape 9
Chapter 7: The Stop Sign
Chapter 8: Clay's Tape
Chapter 9: The Confrontation
Chapter 10: It Has To Get Better
Chapter 11: The Trial Begins & The 1st Polaroid
Chapter 12: The Hallucination
Chapter 13: Jessica's Testimony
Chapter 14: The 2nd Polaroid
Chapter 15: Hannah's Poems
Chapter 16: The Secret Relationship
Chapter 17: Clay Testifies
Chapter 18: The Tapes Are Out
Chapter 19: Porter's Testimony
Chapter 20: The Clubhouse
Chapter 21: Bryce & Chlöe
Chapter 22: Awakening
Chapter 23: Confronting Monty
Chapter 24: The Verdict
Chapter 25: The Sentencing
Chapter 26: The Aftermath Of The Trial
Chapter 27: Spring Fling
Chapter 28: The New Girl
Chapter 29: The Disappearance of Bryce Walker
Chapter 30: Jessica's Speech
Chapter 31: The Truth About Chlöe
Chapter 32: Student Body President Jessica Davis
Chapter 33: Bryce Walker Is Dead
Chapter 34: Tyler
Chapter 35: Tyler's Gun
Chapter 36: The Problem With Alex Standall
Chapter 37: The Funeral
Chapter 38: There Are A Number Of Problems With Clay Jensen
Chapter 39: Return of the Counselor
Chapter 40: The Problem With Justin
Chapter 41: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.1
Chapter 42: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.2
Chapter 43: What Does Charlie Know?
Chapter 44: I'm A Survivor
Chapter 45: Homecoming
Chapter 46: Let The Dead Bury The Dead
Chapter 47: It's Not Supposed To Be Easy For People Like Us
Chapter 48: SRO
Chapter 49: Sanderson University
Chapter 50: The Mysterious Caller
Chapter 51: Love Is Love
Chapter 52: The Legend of Burnham Woods
Chapter 53: Find Your Drink
Chapter 54: Is It A Drill? Part 1
Chapter 55: Is It A Drill? Part 2
Chapter 56: The Session
Chapter 57: Tyler's Deal
Chapter 58: Gordon Lightfoot
Chapter 59: The Walkout & The Riot
Chapter 60: Prom Part 1
Chapter 61: Prom Part 2
Chapter 62: The Finals Days Of Justin Foley
Chapter 63: Justin's Funeral
Chapter 65: Graduation
Chapter 66: Goodbye
Chapter 67: 20 Years Later
Chapter 68: The Reason Why I'm Still Going

Chapter 64: The Return Of The Tapes

39 1 0
By espinosa1989

After the funeral, some of the students & jock went to Monet's as they gathered around and share their favorite moments of Justin. After a while, it got dark. Everyone had went home. Ani, Zach, Charlie, & Alex stuck around Monet's as they continue to mourn Justin. Zach & Charlie just sit on the couch while Ani & Alex each sit on a chair. Alex breaks the silence as he begins talking to Ani.

Alex Standall: Um... Can I... I just wanted to say... I think you saved my life too. More than anyone. So, thank you. And I was mean to you when you got back. I didn't even think about everything you were going through. But anyway, I'm... I'm sorry. And thank you.

Ani begins to tearing up as what Alex just said really touched her.

Ani Achola: Alex.

Alex Standall: I'm just... I'm just really happy to be alive right now.

Ani Achola: Yeah. Me too.

Zach & Charlie smile at Alex. At that moment, Winston enters Monet's as he approaches them much to their displeasure.

Winston Williams: Can we... Can we talk?

Alex Standall: Yeah.

Alex & Winston go outside to talk as Ani, Charlie, & Zach begin to get worried. They know that Alex told Winston the truth, but why hasn't Winston turned them in yet? Wintons & Alex stand in front of the window of Monet's as Ani, Charlie, & Zach watch on.

Winston Williams: Can I ask you, why'd you do it?

Alex Standall: Yeah. OK. Zach had hurt him pretty bad, he'd broken his leg, his arm. He begged me to help him up, so I did. And then he started on about how he was gonna ruin Zach's life, which he already had done. And he was just spewing all this shit. And I saw this... anger. I didn't see any soul or anything. I just didn't. And then I realized that he had ruined everyone I ever loved. And I got this... this flash of rage. Ever since my TBI, I get these flares, like, I go red. And then I pushed him off the dock.

Winston Williams: (Inhales Sharply) Are you sorry you did it?

Alex Standall: More than I can ever say.

Winston Williams: Was Jessica with you?

Alex doesn't answer as he just looks at Winston with guilt on his face. Winston chuckles lightly as he takes Alex's silence as his answer.

Winston Williams: (Sighs) Did you ever really like me?

Alex Standall: Yeah. Yes. You opened up a new world for me. You helped me figure out stuff about myself. I loved being with you.

Winston Williams: (Sighs) Yeah, me too. (Inhales shakily)

Winston takes out the copy of Bryce's tape and offers it to Alex.

Winston Williams: (Sighs Heavily) I'm not gonna do anything.

Alex takes the tape.

Winston Williams: I thought I was... because... (Inhales, Exhales Deeply) ...because I loved Monty. I knew him somehow. I swear I did. But I loved you too. And I am trying not to... but I still fucking do.

Alex Standall: OK. Thank you.

Winston Williams: Can I hug you?

Alex agreed as he gives Winston a hug. They let go of each other as Winston then leaves. Alex goes back inside and tells Zach, Ani, & Charlie that Winston turned the tape over and is dropping everything. He then texts to Clay, Hannah, Jessica, Tony, & Tyler about it. It was over. The nightmare was finally over for the teens. A couple of days have passed since Justin's funeral. Tony sells the Padilla Automotive to Caleb so he can go to college at Nevada and build a future. Tony would ask Caleb what do to if he's lonely, Caleb assures him that they're only an 8 hour drive apart, 7 with the way that Tony drives and they'll make it through. At the police station, Sheriff Diaz informs Deputy Standall that Bryce's case is officially closed and that family is the most important thing. Implying that he found out that Bryce's killer is Deputy Standall's own son, Alex. But deep down, Diaz knows that the teens have been through enough. Jessica is currently at the doctor's getting tested for HIV and she's not alone. Diego went with her and also got himself tested. Jessica is sitting in the hallway as Diego comes out with his results.

Diego Torres: Hey. You waited for me.

Jessica Davis: Of course I waited for you.

Diego takes a seat next to Jessica.

Diego Torres: Um... Negative.

Jessica Davis: Good. Yeah, me too.

Diego Torres: Um, thanks for telling me, and coming with me.

Jessica Davis: Of course. I wasn't worried. He'd never do it without protection. He was pretty hardcore on that.

Diego Torres: They, uh... They tell you about PrEP? That seems like a good thing.

Jessica Davis: Yeah. Though I don't plan on having sex again, ever, so...

Diego Torres: Look, I'm sorry... about Justin. I... I know how much you loved him.

Jessica Davis: How would you know that?

Diego Torres: I... I saw you dance together.

Jessica thought back to that moment and how happy she was until he collapse.

Diego Torres: And... a guy can tell... when a girl's heart is spoken for. I'm sorry... for... everything I put you through. I'm done with it. I just... I couldn't let it go. I... (Breathes Shakily) I miss Monty so much. But it... It can't be anything like what you miss Justin.

Jessica Davis: (Sighs) I don't know. Missing is missing.

Diego Torres: (Chuckles Lightly) I... I know it's very much too soon to be saying anything like this, but... if you ever need someone to miss people with, I would like to maybe ask you out sometime. To go out with me. Again. But in a new way, sometime.

Diego then realizes that it was too soon to ask Jessica out.

Diego Torres: Maybe I can... Can I start asking in about a month?

Jessica Davis: Maybe in a month.

It had been a week since Justin's funeral. Today was the last day of school for the seniors of Liberty High. Graduation is in 3 days and I really wished Justin was here. I arrived home from school where my dad & Valerie where sitting on the couch with my mom sitting across from them.

Hannah Baker: I'm home. Hey, guys.

Andy Baker: Hey, how was your last day?

Hannah Baker: Well, it was...

I stopped when I looked at the living room table and saw what was laying there. It was something that I haven't seen in over 2 years.

Hannah Baker: Is that what I think it is?

Olivia Baker: It is.

It was my tapes. The originals, still in my old shoe box. I kneel down and I open the box. Everything was still there: the tapes, the bubble wrap, the marked map I'd included. Everything.

Hannah Baker: How...

Olivia Baker: The court had them returned after a year. Since you were the one who made them...

Andy Baker: We figured, they belong to you.

These tapes. These damn tapes. These tapes made a complete mess. A part of me was saying that I never should've made these tapes. The other part of me was saying that if I hadn't, no one would know what kind of person Bryce really was. But these tapes... they drove Clay crazy, drove Jessica to drink, drove Alex to shoot himself, drove Justin to run away and got him AIDS. All night, all night I just stared at the tapes on my bed. Bridgette asked me about them. I told her that it was a school project that I did with my friends. I don't want her knowing what I went through, not now at least. Maybe when she's older, like when she's in high school, just to prepare her for the dangers of high school. The next day, I went over to the Jensens. No one was home, so I waited. I sat there in their front lawn on top of the steps when Clay finally arrived. Clay gets out from his car, grabs his backpack from the backseat, & puts it on. He begins making his way up the steps.

Clay Jensen: Hey, Hannah. How are you...

Clay stops when he notice what I have on top of my lap.

Clay Jensen: Is that...?

Hannah Baker: My tapes.

Clay invites me inside. We make our way to his kitchen as I set down the shoebox on a counter. Clay opens it up and see the tapes and the map that was still inside.

Hannah Baker: This must be deja vu for you.

Clay Jensen: You got that right. How...?

Hannah Baker: The court returned them to my mother and she gave them to me, yesterday.

Clay Jensen: You've had these since yesterday? Why didn't you tell us?

Hannah Baker: Because I was thinking about what to do with them. And I've made a decision.

Clay Jensen: What are you going to do with them?

Hannah Baker: Well, Ryan & Courtney are coming to graduation. Right?

Clay Jensen: Yeah. Sheri can't make it though.

Hannah Baker: Right. So... it would be perfect to bury them. Once and for all. Closure.

Clay Jensen: Yeah. That sounds like a good idea.

Hannah Baker: It'll be closure for me, you, Jess, Alex, everyone... including Bryce... and Justin.

Clay Jensen: (Whispers) Yeah.

Hannah Baker: How have you guys been?

Clay Jensen: We're trying. We should tell everyone, about your plan.

And we did. We called everyone over to Monet's and I brought the tapes with me. They couldn't believe that I got the tapes back. For Ani & Charlie, this is the first time they've seen the tapes. I told them about my plan and they were all in. We later called Ryan & Courtney and told them about the plan and they too are in. This is going to be a graduation to remember. I just wish that Justin was here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98 1 14
It all leads to this. 2 Years have past since Hannah Baker's death. Almost a year since the murder of Bryce Walker and the attack on Liberty High by...
51.4K 854 22
Emmalee Andrews was Hannah Baker's best friend. They went through just about everything together, until the night of Jessica Davis's party. When Emma...
170K 2.8K 39
'People don't want to know the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.' || Book 1 in the Bailey Matthews Series || || 13 Reasons Why...
830K 15.4K 117
Once upon a time a girl named Lils really wanted to publish something while she was working on another story and listening to Fall Out Boy, and then...