13 Reasons Why Hannah Baker L...

By espinosa1989

What if Hannah Baker survived her attempt? What would that world look like? In this world, she survives her a... More

Chapter 1: October 9th, 2017
Chapter 2: The Tapes
Chapter 3: Paying The Price
Chapter 4: Sooner Or Later, The Truth Will Come Out!
Chapter 5: Free Solo
Chapter 6: Tape 9
Chapter 7: The Stop Sign
Chapter 8: Clay's Tape
Chapter 9: The Confrontation
Chapter 10: It Has To Get Better
Chapter 11: The Trial Begins & The 1st Polaroid
Chapter 12: The Hallucination
Chapter 13: Jessica's Testimony
Chapter 14: The 2nd Polaroid
Chapter 15: Hannah's Poems
Chapter 16: The Secret Relationship
Chapter 17: Clay Testifies
Chapter 18: The Tapes Are Out
Chapter 19: Porter's Testimony
Chapter 20: The Clubhouse
Chapter 21: Bryce & ChlΓΆe
Chapter 22: Awakening
Chapter 23: Confronting Monty
Chapter 24: The Verdict
Chapter 25: The Sentencing
Chapter 26: The Aftermath Of The Trial
Chapter 27: Spring Fling
Chapter 28: The New Girl
Chapter 29: The Disappearance of Bryce Walker
Chapter 30: Jessica's Speech
Chapter 31: The Truth About ChlΓΆe
Chapter 32: Student Body President Jessica Davis
Chapter 33: Bryce Walker Is Dead
Chapter 34: Tyler
Chapter 35: Tyler's Gun
Chapter 36: The Problem With Alex Standall
Chapter 37: The Funeral
Chapter 38: There Are A Number Of Problems With Clay Jensen
Chapter 39: Return of the Counselor
Chapter 40: The Problem With Justin
Chapter 41: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.1
Chapter 42: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.2
Chapter 43: What Does Charlie Know?
Chapter 44: I'm A Survivor
Chapter 45: Homecoming
Chapter 46: Let The Dead Bury The Dead
Chapter 47: It's Not Supposed To Be Easy For People Like Us
Chapter 48: SRO
Chapter 49: Sanderson University
Chapter 50: The Mysterious Caller
Chapter 51: Love Is Love
Chapter 52: The Legend of Burnham Woods
Chapter 53: Find Your Drink
Chapter 54: Is It A Drill? Part 1
Chapter 55: Is It A Drill? Part 2
Chapter 56: The Session
Chapter 57: Tyler's Deal
Chapter 58: Gordon Lightfoot
Chapter 59: The Walkout & The Riot
Chapter 61: Prom Part 2
Chapter 62: The Finals Days Of Justin Foley
Chapter 63: Justin's Funeral
Chapter 64: The Return Of The Tapes
Chapter 65: Graduation
Chapter 66: Goodbye
Chapter 67: 20 Years Later
Chapter 68: The Reason Why I'm Still Going

Chapter 60: Prom Part 1

41 1 0
By espinosa1989

So, let's recap what happened. Diego & Justin were fighting at school in the hallway when an S.R.O. officer came to brake it up and then racial profile Diego. That asshole even pull his gun at both Diego & Justin. We, the students of Liberty, were pissed off. We went to Bolan about it and he did nothing. That lead to a student walkout that resulted in a riot with the police. Then some idiot set a car on fire and it blew up. And it was Bolan's car! Me, Jessica, & Ani were close to the blast, but thankfully we were fine. Not a scratch on us. The result: Liberty shut down for a week & all of us were grounded. That meant no phones. I had no contact with any of my friends for a week. When the week had past, we all caught up. Everyone was okay, except for Zach who was caught by the cops inside the school's office for trashing the school. Alex & Charlie are now officially a couple and they look cute together. Don't tell Alex I said that, he hates it when I say that. Anyways, it's now been a week since the riot and school is back in session. Apparently there's an investigation into what started the fight between Justin & Diego. Justin told us that Diego heard the tape that Bryce made for me & Jessica. I have no idea how that was possible or how he knows about it, but it's not good especially if Estela heard it. Dean Foundry is going to be calling all of us in one by one. Starting with Zach.

Zach Dempsey: I don't know why I raised a bat at the police. (Sighs) I was out of my mind.

Dean Foundry: Destroying all my personal possessions wasn't enough to work it all out? You went through your file, and you took one thing out: the letter from Coach Kerba. Why?

Zach Dempsey: I, uh... (Inhales Deeply, Sighs Heavily) I don't know.

Dean Foundry: Some students last week had legitimate grievances. Some were just venting anger, but I don't really think it's me that you're angry at, is it?

At the Jensen's, Clay enters the outhouse to wake up Justin who is not feeling good.

Clay Jensen: Justin. Justin, hey. Justin, come on, we cannot be late for our first day back. Come on.

Justin Foley: Shit, that's today?

Clay Jensen: Yeah, school was closed for a week, but we still have to make it up at the end of the year. And apparently, there's a whole... investigation into what started it, what you and Diego were fighting about.

Justin Foley: Fuck!

Clay notices how weak Justin looks as he also notices a black rash on his neck

Clay Jensen: Hey, are... Are you OK?

Justin Foley: Yeah, I have the flu or some shit.

Clay Jensen: The flu? Or some shit?

Justin Foley: I haven't used in days.

Clay Jensen: You told me you would stop.

Justin Foley: I did, I... I mean, this... this... It's just what it must be. Look, I just need some sleep.

Clay Jensen: (Sighs) Justin, I'm not saying I've got my own shit dealt with, but... do you need to go back to rehab? Or, like... My folks could get you, I don't know, they have addiction doctors...

Justin Foley: I don't wanna spend more of their money.

Clay Jensen: We should do something.

Justin Foley: I don't want them to know I relapsed! Clay, just give me a minute to get better again, OK? (Labored Breathing)

Clay Jensen: Yeah. Of course. Do you need anything?

Justin Foley: You should go to school.

So far, Zach & Ani have been called in to Foundry's officer asking about the riot and who set the car on fire. Now it was my turn.

Dean Foundry: We can't expel everybody, or suspend everybody, so it's important we... identify the instigators and those responsible for the most damage.

Hannah Baker: Hmm. Is that why you suspended Zach a week?

Dean Foundry: Who instigated your involvement? What were Diego and Justin fighting about? A student mentioned hearing them talk about a tape. And not any of the 13 tapes you've made, by the way.

Hannah Baker: Oh, ha ha. Too soon. Well, my involvement was instigated by an oppressive police state trampling on students' rights.

Dean Foundry: Really? In the Marines, I did a tour on the Korean DMZ. I'll tell you about a police state sometime.

After Foundry was done with me, Jessica was up next.

Jessica Davis: So your response to all of this is just... (Scoffs) ...more punishment?

Dean Foundry: The police have deferred prosecution pending our investigation, so we need to find out who did what, and why.

Jessica Davis: Hey, look, punish me, fine, but don't cancel prom. That's not fair.

Dean Foundry: Jessica, a group of parents managed to get a county judge to issue a gang injunction against the students at Liberty. We can't have a prom.

Jessica Davis: That's insane.

Dean Foundry: Yeah, no, it wouldn't have been my choice on how to proceed, but there we are. You can help me... if you can let me in on a secret: why Justin & Diego were fighting in the first place. Why Clay Jensen's destroying security cameras. What's really going on here?

Jessica Davis: (Sighs) What's really going on here... is that we're gonna have a prom. And I'm gonna fucking dance like I don't have a care in the world, and for 1 minute, just one, I'll be free from all of this shit.

Dean Foundry: And I wish I could promise that, Jessica. I truly do, but I can't.

Jessica Davis: I don't need you to. I'll make it happen.

I waited for Jessica out in the hallways. When Fondry was done with her, she comes walking out.

Hannah Baker: Well, how it go?

Jessica Davis: Well for starters... Clay was the who smashed up the cameras.

Hannah Baker: What?

Jessica Davis: Foundry told me. They have him on video.

Hannah Baker: It's got to be a mistake.

Jessica Davis: He hasn't been right in his head lately.

Hannah Baker: He's been through a lot.

Jessica Davis: So have we. And the worst part, no prom.

Hannah Baker: Oh, come on!

Jessica Davis: They canceled prom like they canceled homecoming. And this time the parents had something to do with it.

Hannah Baker: Is there anything you can do, as president?

Jessica Davis: This is out of my hands. And Clay has a lot of explaining to do.

Meanwhile, Caleb and Tony argue about his last match against the white supremacist, his involvement in the riot, and him rejecting the University of Nevada offer. The reason why Tony rejected the offer is because he wants to keep his father's shop going, still hoping that his family will be allowed to return to the country. Back at Liberty, Jessica & the girls of H.O. are cleaning up their headquarter which was trashed as Diego come walking in.

Diego Torres: They bring the riot in here?

Jessica Davis: Uh, no. I think someone searched it while school was off.

Diego Torres: Looking for what?

Jessica Davis: Uh, girls. Can you give us a minute?

The girls give Jessica some space so she could speak with Diego.

Diego Torres: (Sighs) A whole week. Not even a text.

Jessica Davis: I was grounded. No screens.

Diego Torres: So, uh, if I look at your phone, I won't see any texts to Justin?

Jessica Davis: Uh, you won't look at my phone, and no.

Diego Torres: Yeah, he sure was protective of you. Sure didn't want you arrested.

Jessica Davis: Probably just wanted you arrested more.

Diego Torres: You're... you're playing this so cool when it can go really bad for you.

Jessica Davis: What exactly do you think you're threatening me with?

Diego Torres: I think you know.

Jessica Davis: (Laughs derisively) That's funny. I gotta tell Justin.

Diego gets frustrated as he shoves off some pencils from the table and raises his voice

Diego Torres: (Pointing to Jessica) Don't you fucking laugh at me. (Breathes heavily)

The other girls walk up behind Jessica as they stare down Diego.

Diego Torres: I'm on my way to Foundry. Maybe I'll talk.

Jessica Davis: So talk.

Diego leaves H.O. as the girls look at him in disgust as Jessica begins to worry. After school, Clay has a session with Dr. Ellman as he told him about Dean Foundry's investigation.

Dr. Ellman: And what is it you're afraid the dean will find out?

Clay Jensen: I'm sure he knows about the car. I haven't told anyone yet about the cameras or the graffiti or all the things I did to my friends, like, on the camping trip. Not even Hannah. I... I've only told you.

Dr. Ellman: Do you think the dean might already know at least some of those things?

Clay Jensen: Maybe. I...

Dr. Ellman: Do you want to tell him?

Clay Jensen: No!

Dr. Ellman: Do your friends know?

Clay Jensen: No. I don't think so.

Dr. Ellman: Do you wanna tell them?

Clay Jensen: You think I should?

Dr. Ellman: I'm not saying that. I'm asking you what you think you should do.

Clay begins to think about it as he sighs & deeply inhales but doesn't answer.

Dr. Ellman: Clay, we broke through last week. Unlocking the secrets you've been keeping, the trauma you've been suppressing, that's the key to dealing with the anxiety and dissociation, but I don't think we've begun to really work on that trauma. I think there's too much you're still not talking about.

Clay Jensen: I keep secrets. For sure. (Clicks Tongue) And I keep secrets from my friends, but also for my friends.

Dr. Ellman: I hope we can talk about more of those secrets, but maybe you could start by talking with your friends. Especially Hannah.

Clay knew that Dr. Ellman is right. After his session was over, he group text the gang to come meet with him at his home as he uses the codeword "Gordon Lightfoot". Justin was already home as Hannah, Jessica, Alex, Tony, Tyler, Ani, & Charlie arrive to the outhouse. Clay tells them the truth.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was Clay this whole time. The graffiti, the smashed up cameras, what happened at Burnham Woods. But even worse, he was the one who set that car on fire during the riot.

Jessica Davis: Jesus Christ, Clay. You're gonna destroy us.

Clay Jensen: I'm sorry. I wasn't in my right head for a long time.

Hannah Baker: So it was you this whole time?

Clay Jensen: Yes, but I don't remember. Dr. Ellman thinks that I've been dissociating as a result of my anxiety.

Tony Padilla: How long?

Hannah Baker: Since the tapes. Hasn't it?

Clay nods to us.

Justin Foley: That explains how he was acting at that basketball game.

Alex Standall: Keying Zach's car.

Tyler Down: Taking that picture of me.

Jessica Davis: Acting out when you & Courtney gave the exchange student the tour.

Hannah Baker: Posting my tapes online.

Clay Jensen: I know, I know. I'm sorry. I've been dealing with it since the tapes.

Tyler Down: But then it got worse on Spring Fling last year. Right?

Clay Jensen: Yeah. Then even worse when I got arrested for Bryce's murder.

Jesus. This was worse than I thought. I made it worse for him.

Clay Jensen: Hannah, I know what you're thinking. It's not...

Hannah Baker: I know, I know. But I feel like it is. I did make the tapes after all.

Jessica Davis: Foundry's interviewing every single person. He's gonna find out why Clay's been doing all that shit.

Tyler Down: So what? So, they interview us all one by one. We just lie. I mean, we all know how to do that. I got pretty good at it.

Ani Achola: Might not be the answer, speaking from experience.

Jessica Davis: They talked to Diego today.

Justin Foley: And you have Diego handled, right?

Hannah Baker: Here's the thing. Diego's on to us. So is Estela, so is Winston. Foundry heard the tape, and now he's interrogating the whole school, starting with Diego, and who knows what he said.

Charlie St. George: They're only doing this because of the parents. My dad told me all the Boosters have been calling him. They asked for an investigation, and the school caved.

Clay Jensen: So we are dead.

Charlie St. George: What if we got our parents back on our side?

Jessica Davis: But they have, like, computer stats on how much we lie to them. How do we get them to trust us now?

Charlie St. George: Tell them the truth.

We all look at Charlie because he's totally nuts as Ani scoffs at him.

Hannah Baker: Tell our parents the truth?

Charlie St. George: Uh, I mean, you don't tell them all the truth. You never tell them everything, but you just tell them enough. Enough that's true to make them trust us again.

Clay Jensen: We're in a war here.

Charlie St. George: Yeah, and we're losing. We get 'em back on our side, we might have a chance.

Tony starts nodding as he is agreeing with Charlie's plan.

Hannah Baker: We ask them to help us stop an investigation?

Charlie St. George: Not directly. First, we get them on our side by confiding in them, and then... we ask them to help us get back prom. It's like a bait and switch. Ease off the police state so we can get back prom, and the investigation quietly goes away before they put it all together.

Jessica Davis: And they're gonna believe that we care about prom?

Charlie St. George: I actually do.

Tyler Down: Yeah, so do I.

Jessica Davis: Yeah, me too.

I care about prom, too.

Hannah Baker: (Exhales) Tell our parents the truth.

Clay Jensen: (Chuckles) This might be the riskiest thing we've ever done.

For them it is. For me, I've done worse. We all were in agreement. I would have to tell my dad & Valerie almost everything. After we were done, everyone began to leave.

Clay Jensen: Bye, Charlie.

Charlie St. George: See you, man.

After Charlie left, I go up to the door where Clay is standing as I wait for Jessica who's about to talk to Justin.

Clay Jensen: I'm so sorry.

Hannah Baker: It's not your fault.

Clay Jensen: Well, it's not yours. I've been dealing with it since before I met you. I'm sorry I haven't been honest with you.

Hannah Baker: I guess we're even.

Clay Jensen: (Chuckles) I guess so.

Hannah Baker: So... about prom.

Clay Jensen: Well, if it happens...

Hannah Baker: I would love to go with you, Helmet. If we do get prom back, hopefully it goes better than the last 2 dances we've been to.

While Hannah is chatting with Clay, Jessica & Justin were talking to each other.

Jessica Davis: I'm sorry... for whatever you think I did with Diego. But you pushed me away. You wouldn't let me help you, then you gave up on yourself again and again. You're the one who left.

Justin Foley: I was trying to make my way back to you.

Jessica Davis: But you were so angry with me.

Justin Foley: You broke my fucking heart!

Me & Clay stopped talking as it sounded like Jessica's & Justin's conversation is getting tensed.

Jessica Davis: (Scoffs) I think your heart was broken way before you met me.

Jessica begins making her way out.

Jessica Davis: Let's go.

Jessica was my ride, so I left with her. The next morning, I sat my dad & Valerie down in the living room to begin Charlie's plan. Time to tell half the truth.

Hannah Baker: I don't even know who Gordon Lightfoot is.

Andy Baker: I've told you who he is.

Hannah Baker: And why did you think the kids are into him if he's someone they don't know?

Andy Baker: Umm...

Hannah Baker: And another thing...

I take my phone out and set it on the living room table right in front of him.

Hannah Baker: I know you've been spying on me and so have all the parents of the students of Liberty. Don't deny it, Clay followed his parents to a PTA meeting the other week.

My dad & Valerie are at a lost. They know they've been caught.

Hannah Baker: That's right, Clay told us everything. How all of you were behind the metal detectors, the cameras, the shooting drill that sent Clay to a psych ward.

Andy Baker: We didn't mean for any of that to happen.

Valerie: We're sorry about Clay, truly. We just wanted you kids to be safe.

Hannah Baker: So you got me a new phone, bugged it and read all my texts. What about Bridgette? You got us the same phone, is her phone bugged as well.

Valerie: Yes.

Hannah Baker: Oh, my god.

Andy Baker: Hannah, like Val said, we just wanted you kids to be safe. After what happened to you, Jessica, & some of the girls at your school. And let's not forget the false alarm at Spring Fling last year. Then after Bryce died, finding out what happened to Tyler Down, that was the last straw for the parents. Liberty wasn't safe anymore. The other parents, they were actually considering pulling their kids from that school. Had they done that, Liberty probably would've shut done for good.

Valerie: A lot of people would've lost their jobs.

Hannah Baker: What do you think mom will say when she finds out about this?

My dad & Valerie just look at each other with a guilt look on their faces.

Valerie: Hannah...

Hannah Baker: Oh, my god. She's in on it?

Andy Baker: Yes. Once the school called for a PTA meeting after Montgomery de la Cruz was revealed to be Bryce's killer, they & the police proposed S.R.O. We immediately called your mother and told her about.

Hannah Baker: And she agreed?

Andy Baker: Yes. She doesn't want you or any of your friends going through all that trauma again.

I couldn't believe that mom went along with this. I am serious going to have a serious talk with her.

Andy Baker: Hannah, we're sorry. We were just trying to do the right thing. I know you're mad right now, but that gave you kids no reason to start a riot at school.

Hannah Baker: We didn't start that riot. We were only protesting. The police started the riot. We just wanted the school to get rid of S.R.O. After what happened with Diego Torres, we've had enough. Sometimes, I wonder if any of this would've happened had I not tried to kill myself 2 years ago.

Andy Baker: Hannah, this is not your fault.

Hannah Baker: I've had everyone say that to me, but the truth is they're in denial. Tell me I'm not right. Would anything that happened after my attempt still had happened?

They didn't say anything. I was right.

Hannah Baker: That's what I thought. We took the bug off our phones, so no more spying. But if you really want to know what's happening in my life, you can just talk to me.

Andy Baker: That's all I've ever wanted.

Hannah Baker: Alright, then. Then let's talk about how you & the other parents can get rid of S.R.O. And then we talk about how we can get back our prom.

So far this going great for me. I just hope the others are having the same luck as I'm having.

Matt Jensen: So just to be clear, you're not fans of Gordon Lightfoot then?

Clay Jensen: I didn't even know who he was before this, Dad. We didn't know you'd start... singing his songs.

Justin Foley: Alex Standall is obsessed with this song "The... Wreck of Edward Fitzgerald."

Matt Jensen: Edmund Fitzgerald. It's a classic.

Laine Jensen: Uh, but the point here is that you've been lying to us.

Justin Foley: Not lying. Just not... telling the truth.

Clay Jensen: What about you? You lied about putting those tracking apps on our phones, and you paid for all that security and those drills. Did you forget to mention that while I was strapped to a gurney?

Matt Jensen: Clay, we never meant for that to happen. We were trying... We thought... somehow those things might help keep you safe.

Lainie Jensen: We're your parents. If you won't tell us what's going on in your life, we still have to know somehow.

Clay Jensen: What about just asking us?

Lainie Jensen: We ask all the time! I think you know that's gotten us nowhere.

Justin Foley: That's fair.

Clay Jensen: OK, so... new deal. If you're really worried about my safety, about keeping me alive, we have to trust each other again. We have to talk.

Matt Jensen: We'd like that.

Laine Jensen: Although, at this point, it seems that you know more of our secrets than we do of yours.

It was now or never. It was time for Clay to tell the truth to his parents.

Clay Jensen: (Sighs) The vandalism at school, the broken windows, Bolan's car, I did all those.

Matt & Laine were shocked to hear Clay say that.

Clay Jensen: Dr. Ellman thinks I may have been dissociating, because I don't remember any of it. And I'm... I'm... I'm working to integrate my trauma, to live with it rather than shut it off.

Laine Jensen: Oh... honey.

Now it was Justin's turn.

Justin Foley: (Sighs Heavily) I've, um... I've been using again. And I got fired from Monet's for stealing money, and I... I stole... a few things from you guys, a watch and a necklace... to buy.

They were shocked as well hearing Justin's confession.

Laine Jensen: Justin.

Justin Foley: I'm not using right now, but it's been pretty rough this time.

Laine Jensen: Do you need to go back into treatment?

Justin Foley: I hope not. I'm gonna just... I think I need a few days to... rest and clean up, and, uh... I'm gonna start working the steps again, and... I'll pay you guys back.

Matt Jensen: Justin, you need to know we are here to help you through this, but, boys, these are both... much bigger discussions.

Clay Jensen: Yes, and... and we will have them, but, um... we just... we need your help on something. We want to go to prom.

Everyone did their part, now it was time for Charlie to do his. He meets up with his father at Monet's where he comes out as bisexual, not to his father's surprise. He kinda knew, the shirtless Eli Manning wallpaper on Charlie's phone was a hint. Charlie was relieved that his father accepted him for who he is as they bonded over a cup of coffee. Charlie would ask his father if he can help out with the boosters about getting back prom as Jessica is meeting with Principal Bolan doing her part.

Principal Bolan: Ah, I'm gonna miss these meetings when you're off at college, far, far away.

Jessica Davis: Here's the proposal. I'll take full responsibility for the riot. You suspend me as long as you need to, but you don't expel me. The police charge me with instigating a riot, and they drop all charges on anyone else, especially Justin & Diego.

Principal Bolan: You know that'll destroy your college admissions.

Jessica Davis: (Chuckles) Maybe, and you know that the police response was excessive, and YouTube and Twitter are both heavily agreeing, and you know that too. I have a number of parents, including my father, the colonel, and Mrs. Achola, an immigrant, prepared to ask why students of color were disproportionately singled out in the questioning.

Principal Bolan: Do we know that they were?

Jessica Davis: Do you really want to count? Mrs. Jensen is in court today, asking that the injunction be lifted on all school-sanctioned events. The Booster Club's agreed to chaperone. The president is writing you a letter. All we need is for you to sanction the prom and drop the investigation, and tell the venue that we're not actual gang members.

Principal Bolan: Hmm. Do I know that's true?

Jessica Davis: Gary. I'm gonna start calling you Gary, OK? You've said from the beginning of this year that you wanted to help us, to keep us safe, protect us. Help us have the best high school experience we could have.

Principal Bolan: Well, I suppose that's... fair to say.

Jessica Davis: Things got messed up for all of us, but if we cancel prom, then messed-upness wins. Let's not let it win.

Principal Bolan: And prom and graduation will go off uninterrupted?

Jessica Davis: With the class president giving a speech at graduation per usual.

Principal Bolan: Vetted by the administration per usual.

Jessica Davis: Fine. Deal?

Principal Bolan: Give me 24 hours. (Exhales slowly)

Everyone did their part. Now all they have to do is wait. Later that night, Alex comes out to his family before dinner that he's bi and introduces Charlie as his boyfriend. Alex's brother was excited that his little brother is dating the school's quarterback as he begins talking about Liberty's offense with Charlie. The next day...

We all did our part, now we wait. As I'm waiting with the rest of the girls of H.O., there are some things that I had to do before we graduate next month. One of them involved Ani. For too long I've hated her for fucking Bryce behind our backs. Jessica told me that Ani apologized to her before she moved out and why she did it. She felt lonely. Being in that house with him, bonding with him, and then I think back to the tape he made. She really was the reason why Bryce was trying to become a better person. Jessica forgave Ani, maybe it was time for me to forgive her. We kept the volume low so no one would listen and know about her & Bryce.

Hannah Baker: Ani, there's something I have to tell you.

Ani Achola: What is it?

Hannah Baker: (Sighs) Jessica told me what you said before you moved out from her house.

Ani Achola: Oh. Hannah, I wanted to...

Hannah Baker: Why you did it. I kinda get it. To be honest, I felt the same way 2 summers ago. Sophomore year was over with junior year coming up. The only friends I had that time were Clay & Tony. Clay was out of town with his grandparents, and Tony had Ryan Shaver. I had no one. That's when Zach started coming to The Crestmont, just to see me. He would watch any movie that's playing, even the ones he didn't want to watch just to get closer to me. I kinda enjoyed his company. Then when his dad passed away, we got closer.

Ani Achola: That's when you 2 started to secretly date.

Hannah Baker: And lost our virginity's to each other. So we're not so different after all.

Ani Achola: For me it was worse because he raped both you & Jessica. Hannah, I'm so sorry for betraying you like that.

Hannah Baker: I know you are. I forgive you, Ani. Just like I forgive Bryce. He really wanted to change.

Ani Achola: He really did.

Me & Ani hug each other as Jessica comes running in.

Hannah Baker: Well?

Jessica Davis: We got it. Prom is on.

Girl 1: What? Yes!

Girl 2: I'm so behind.

The girls squeal whoop as they're excited that prom is back on. Jessica however didn't look like she's excited for anything.

Ani Achola: What?

Jessica Davis: Oh, well, it's not like I'm going. Another big victory, and I'm the loser, yet again. You know, I'm just gonna quit politics and marry rich.

Hannah Baker: Yeah, that'll go well. You know, rich people, in general, are aces.

Jessica Davis: Yeah. At least you & Clay will have a good time. This time, me or Monty will not ruined your moment like we did at Winter Formal.

Ani Achola: Look, why don't you just go with me to prom?

Jessica Davis: Oh, no. No. We're not doing the whole pathetic friends thing.

Hannah Baker: I don't know. You 2 might make a cute prom couple.

Jessica Davis: Wait, you're actually siding with Ani?

Ani Achola: She's forgiven me.

Jessica Davis: Finally.

Ani Achola: OK, so let's do the fucking not pathetic friends thing. Jessica Davis.

Jessica Davis: Oh, my God.

Ani Achola: You and I have fought like lovers. Now, I've talked sex with you more than I have with any man.

Jessica Davis: Hm.

Ani Achola: I believe I had a crush on you since the first time I saw you going mental at a student council meeting.

Me & Jessica chuckle as Ani goes on.

Ani Achola: So will you, not as friends, not as girlfriends, but as you and me, will you go to prom with me?

Hannah Baker: Come on, Jess. What's the worst that could happen?

Jessica doesn't answer. So Ani gets up from her stoll, grabs a storage crate box, sets next to Jess, she climbs on top...

Jessica Davis: What are you doing?

And begins singing.

Ani Achola: (Singing) You're just too good to be true

Jessica groans in embarrassment as the other girls giggle and watch while they take out their phones to record Ani singing.

Hannah Baker: Don't be embarrassed, Jess.

Ani Achola: (Singing) Can't take my eyes off of you You'd be like heaven to touch

Ani sit on top of the table as Jessica begins to laugh.

Ani Achola: (Singing) I want to hold you so much

Jess chuckles as Ani starts touching her face.

Ani Achola: (Singing) At long last...

Jessica Davis: OK, OK, OK! Fine, fine, fine. Yes!

Ani Achola: Yeah?

Jessica Davis: I'll go to prom with you.

Jessica finally caved and agreed to go to prom with Ani.

Jessica Davis: You have a really good singing voice.

Hannah Baker: You really do.

Ani Achola: Oh, thank you. You know, I expect a limo.

Jessica Davis: Fine.

And it was on. Every senior at Liberty were preparing for prom as they were doing their proposal. But none went over the top like the way Charlie did. He tried to get Alex to be his prom date through a series of creative ways to ask someone to prom. He set banners up on the lockers, but Alex ignored it. Then Charlie had everyone in his class have a mask of his face on a stick, which I was there for, and Alex found it creepy. I have to admit, it was over the top. After ignoring the first 2 attempts, Alex finally gives in and accepts to make him stop. Tyler on the other hand kept it simple. He & Estela bounded during the drill and they've become friends ever since. Tyler asked Estela out to prom and she said hell yeah. I'm so happy for them. As for Tony, Caleb asks him to prom by giving him donuts which spell "go to prom with me". Caleb texted me a picture of the donuts before, it was adorable.

It's prom night. Everyone was getting ready. Everyone except for Justin, who wasn't feeling well as he lays in bed reading a book.

Clay Jensen: I just... I feel like I should stay home with you.

Justin Foley: Dude, it's your senior prom.

Clay Jensen: Are you sure you can't come for a little bit? Charlie got an 8-person limo.

Justin Foley: Is it somewhat gay that you're going with the 2 of them to pick up Hannah?

Clay Jensen: OK. A, so what if it were? Would you love me any less? And B, it's actually sort of the opposite of gay because Alex asked me to tag along 'cause I think he's afraid Charlie's gonna make a move.

Justin Foley: Mm. Yeah. He is super known for his hands.

Clay Jensen: So, there you go.

Justin Foley: Yeah, no, I don't really feel like it, and I can't manage to give a shit about the whole thing. Jess is going with Ani, right?

Clay Jensen: Yep.

Justin Foley: What about, um... Diego?

Clay Jensen: With the football guys, all solo.

Justin Foley: Diego's got no date?

Clay Jensen: I thought you didn't give a shit? Justin, come on, just go.

Justin coughs & groans as a car horn beeps outside.

Clay Jensen: (Sighs) Dude, I'm worried about you.

Justin Foley: Yeah, I'm worried about me too.

Clay Jensen: If you need anything, Dad's in the house.

It took me like an hour and half, but I'm ready for the prom. I took pictures and texted it to my mom in New York. I come out to the living room where my dad, Valerie, & Bridgette were waiting for me.

Andy Baker: Oh, wow.

Valerie: Hannah...

Bridgette: You look beautiful.

Hannah Baker: Thanks guys. I'm just waiting on Clay, Alex, & Charlie.

The limo arrives to The Baker's home.

Charlie St. George: Clay, relax. Don't be nervous.

Alex Standall: Please, this is Clay we're talking about. He's always nervous.

Clay Jensen: Well, wish me luck.

Charlie St. George: Good luck.

Clay exits the limo with a corsage in tow. He walks up to the door and knocks.

Hannah Baker: Clay's here.

I walk up to the door and I open it. There he was.

Hannah Baker: Hey, Helmet.

Clay was speechless. Reminded me of Spring Fling when he came to pick me up.

Clay Jensen: Hannah, wow. You look... adorable.

Hannah Baker: Hey, that's my line. (Giggling) Fine, there's that word again.

I let Clay inside as he greets my dad, Valerie, & Bridgette. He then puts the corsage on my left wrist and then we take pictures. After we were done, we got into the limo where Alex & Charlie greeted me. When we arrived to prom, we were in awe at the sight of the place.

Hannah Baker: Wow.

Alex Standall: This is... a lot.

Clay Jensen: I'm actually borderline impressed.

Charlie St. George: Yeah, Jessica Davis does not fuck around.

We see Jessica & Ani walking up to us.

Jessica Davis: No, she doesn't.

Hannah Baker: I told them that before.

Jessica Davis: Oh, my God. You all 3 should get married. As a poly thing? I don't mean that in any sort of insensitive, assuming way. I just think you 3 look adorable, and I never say that about Clay.

Clay Jensen: That is true. You don't.

Hannah Baker: Huh, now that I think about it, you never do. (Giggles)

Jessica Davis: Mm. By the way, Hannah, you look great.

Ani Achola: You really do.

Hannah Baker: Why thank you, guys. You guys look great as well.

Alex Standall: You should be prom queens.

Jessica Davis: Not a chance. They always vote for whoever the football team wants, and that is definitely not me.

Ani Achola: Well, the monarchy is an outdated establishment anyway.

Tony & Caleb now joins us, and they both look very hansome.

Ani Achola: And besides, I think we have some competition for the hottest couple right here.

Tony Padilla: I only came because he made me.

Caleb: I'm trying to get him to act his age because you only get 1 high school prom.

Tony Padilla: Well, you get 2, apparently.

Jessica Davis: Well, let's fucking enjoy it. Shall we?

And enjoy it we will. As Jess & Ani head off, Zach approaches us with his date.

Zach Dempsey: Hey, guys! What's up?

Charlie St. George: Hey.

Zach Dempsey: We're all at the same table down that-a-way. I ate all the dinner rolls 'cause I gotta get some food in. This is Presmella.

Presmilla: Presmilla.

Zach Dempsey: Presmilla.

Presmilla: Hi!

Zach Dempsey: Going to the bathroom to do coke. That is a true story.

Zach pats on Clay's shoulder...

Zach Dempsey: Hoo!

As he heads off with his date. He looks back and smiles at us.

Hannah Baker: He didn't...

Clay Jensen: Is she...?

Alex Standall: Did he bring...?

Charlie St. George: That is definitely a hooker.

Zach brought a hooker for his date to prom. Unbelievable. We make our way to our table as Clay gets my chair as Charlie does the same for Alex.

Hannah Baker: Why thank you, Clay. Ever the gentleman.

Clay smiles at me.

Alex Standall: You don't need to get my chair for me.

Charlie St. George: I'm getting your chair. It's what people do. Clay is doing it.

Alex Standall: OK. Thank you.

We all take our seats with food already served on the table. Alex's dad now comes to greet us. He volunteered to chaperone prom, as did Clay's mom.

Bill Standall: Looking sharp, everyone. Food is great, by the way. Chaperones ate early.

Charlie St. George: Deputy Standall, it's good to see you, sir. We, uh, promise to behave.

Alex Standall: Wait, we do?

We all chuckle at Alex's little joke.

Clay Jensen: Well, you won't even dance.

Bill Standall: Wait, kid, you won't dance?

Alex Standall: There's no teaming up on Alex, OK? That's the rule.

Hannah Baker: Alright, we won't be teaming up. Promise?

Clay Jensen: We promise.

Charlie St. George: We promise.

Alex Standall: Thank you.

Bill Standall: Clay, it's good to see you here.

Clay Jensen: Yes, sir. Hey, thanks for your help with... uh... all that after, you know, everything at school.

Bill Standall: Hey, no help from me. Sheriff Diaz is really looking out for you kids.

Alex Standall: When he says shit like that, it almost always goes wrong.

Clay Jensen: Foundry's right over there.

We all look and see Dean Foundry standing the wall talking to some right behind the table where Jessica, Ani, Tony, & Caleb are sitting.

Clay Jensen: Does anyone feel like we're still under surveillance?

We don't say anything as we just look away from Foundry and eat the food that's in front of us. After we were finished eating, I got up and joined Jessica & Ani as we begin to walk around to greet everyone when Diego approaches us. Jessica told me that she broke up with him after he threw a tantrum at her for joking about telling Justin something. But Diego believed that Jessica was the one who killed Bryce.

Diego Torres: Can we talk?

Jessica Davis: Sure. We can talk right here in front of my friends, Ani & Hannah.

Hannah Baker & Ani Achola: Hello.

Diego Torres: I don't want anything bad to happen to you.

Jessica Davis: I don't either. I love when we agree.

Diego Torres: I miss you.

Jessica Davis: Oh, and we stop agreeing.

Diego Torres: Um... I, uh... I came alone tonight.

Jessica Davis: And you'll leave alone.

Yeah, he will.

Diego Torres: We had something, Jess. We... We have something, and if you don't want to tell me your secrets, that's OK. I'll protect you.

Dean Foundry: We having fun yet?

Dean Foundry comes out of nowhere as he took Diego by surprise.

Dean Foundry: They're serving the main course.

Jessica Davis: Uh, yeah. Yeah. Diego was just going back to his table.

And Diego does that. He walks away as me, Jessica, & Ani try to enjoy the prom.

Back at the Jensen's, Justin still lays in bed as he looks at the tuxedo that's hanging on top of the mirror that's inside the outhouse. As he looks at the tux, he begins to have second thoughts about prom, whether he's healthy or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 981 12
What if Clay could have saved Hannah? What if their love story could have continued? I for one was devastated by the ending of 13 Reasons Why so I've...
235 0 13
Bryce Walker has been murdered! It's been a year since Hannah Baker's death and the boy who assaulted her has been killed. Clay Jensen becomes the pr...
448K 10.7K 57
she was her other half - literally how does hannah baker's twin sister deal with her death? more importantly - how does she deal with the tapes her s...
2.9M 75.8K 200
gif imagines about characters from the netflix series '13 reasons why'. [ CHECK OUT BOOK TWO ]