The Owl House: Emperors and T...

By IsabellaAnne1803112

Luz travels to the Boiling Isles after following a witch girl named Cerise. She meets Cerise's "family". Eda... More

Season One Theme Song
A Lying Witch and a Warden
Witches Before Wizards
I Was a Teenage Abomination
The Intruder
Covention
Hooty's Moving Hassle
Lost in Language
Once Upon a Swap
Something Ventured, Someone Framed
Escape of the Palisman
Sense and Insensitivity
Adventures in the Elements
The First Day
Really Small Problems
Understanding Willow
Enchanting Grom Fright
Wing It Like Witches
Agony of a Witch
Young Blood, Old Souls
Season Two Theme Song
Separate Tides
Escaping Expulsion
Echoes of the Past
Keeping Up A-fear-ances
Through the Looking Glass Ruins
Hunting Palismen
Eda's Requiem
Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door
The Blood Moon Ball
Eclipse Lake
You Will Know Fear
Follies at the Coven Day Parade
Elsewhere and Elsewhen
Any Sport in a Storm
Reaching Out
Them's the Breaks, Kid
Hollow Mind
Labyrinth Runners
Clouds on the Horizon
King's Tide
Thanks to Them
For the Future
Watching and Dreaming

Yesterday's Lie

463 20 1
By IsabellaAnne1803112

"Luz" shoves some items off a shelf and into a box, stretching, "Ah! Much better." she lifts up the box, stopping to look at her reflection in the mirror and smiling at it, "Hmm."

...

Camila stands beside her car, closing the door as "Luz" is walking down the steps, "What's the box for, mija?"

"Just cleaning up a little." "Luz" smiles as she looks down at the box.

"Even this?" Camila picks up a tinfoil swan, "You used to love making me tinfoil swans."

"Oh, I'm, uh," "Luz" takes the tinfoil swan back, "just looking for a fresh start."

Camila looks at "Luz" walking towards the trash can with a slightly weirded out expression on her face.

"Camp taught me a lot, you know?" "Luz" sets the box down beside the trash can.

Camila looks at her "daughter" strangely, "Yes, it sure did..." the sound of a rabbit squeaking makes her gasp as it was caught in a trap, "Ah! Luz, grab the pliers."

"Luz" runs away.

Camila puts on a pair of latex gloves and kneels down, "Okay, okay, little bunny, you're gonna be all right." she cuts the string with the pliers, "There we go."

The rabbit hops away.

"That's the fifth trap this week!" "Luz" says.

"If I ever catches who's responsible and then I'll pa-pow!"

"Luz" giggles.

"Let's go back inside." Camila boops her nose, "I will make maduros."

...

"Luz" stops to talk to her reflection in the mirror, smiling, "A new life." she opens the cupboard to take out a shirt. When she closes it, the reflection changes into the real Luz, who looks at her with an angry expression.

"You!" Luz slams her hands on the mirror, making the imposter scream.

...

King, Eda, and Hooty look at Luz as she and King were in front of a makeshift portal door.

"So, according to Philip's instructions, the hardest part to making a portal was finding someone who knew how to build it." she puts something on the door, "But a lot of the ingredients are pretty easy to find." she turns to Eda, "Your crazy apocalypse supplies finally came in handy, Eda!"

Eda snaps her finger, points at Luz and winks.

"Don't forget this." King looks at Luz with a sad expression and hands her a glove stained with Titan blood. It had been Cerise's. The scarlet brunette was smart enough to make the key crack and spill Titan blood on her glove.

Luz stands up, "Titan blood. I can't believe something this powerful was in the old key this whole time."

King turns to look at Eda. The duo and Hooty all have a sad expression on their faces.

"It's okay. If Belos is still trying to get to the Human Realm, he'll have to beat me to it." Luz tears a piece of cloth off the glove, and then sticks it on the door. She then takes a few steps backwards.

Eda is now in her makeshift flying bathtub, "Are you sure this isn't gonna like, blow our faces off?"

"Nope!"

"Well, here goes something." Eda starts pedaling. The rotors start transferring kinetic energy to the various components of the door. Luz looks at the door in amazement. The pieces of the door then merges together to form a crooked portal door. The door opens, revealing not the Human Realm but a separate, surreal dimension.

"It...worked!" Luz runs toward the door.

"Did it?" King asks, "That looks real different from the old door!"

"Yeah." Luz takes her cloak from Eda, "But this is my one chance to see my mom." she ties a rope around her waist, "If it looks like it's closing, pull!"

"Luz, as impressive as this is, I don't want you getting hurt." Eda told her, "After what happened with Cerise..."

"Once I make sure my mom is okay, I'll be right back." Luz reassures.

"Just be careful. The Human Realm's filled with some real weirdos." Eda winks.

Luz hugs her, King, and Hooty tightly, "Mmm!"

"Don't forget to mention me!" King reminds.

"Okay." Luz puts King down and walks toward the door. She stops in front of it, stares into the dimension, then jumps into it.

...

Luz floats up from a pool of water, gasping and coughing. A strange cube-like object appears from the water and starts floating upwards. Luz watches this and gasps as multiple similar cubes float around above.

"Did I...do something wrong?" Luz asks herself, "Eda? King? Hooty?" more cubes appear, "Can anyone hear me?"

A cube appears. It starts flashing and making a sound, grabbing Luz's attention. She walks over and holds it in her hands. The cube starts shining brightly.

...

Luz finds herself inside one of the Owl House's windows as a reflection, "Am I...back at the Owl House?" wind blows past, pushing open the window and scaring her, "Whoa! Whoa, I think I'm...in the reflection!" she taps on the window before noticing Eda, King, and Hooty.

"Do you think she's safe?" King asks.

"She's made it this far. We just have to trust her." Eda told him.

The window flashes as Luz disappears.

...

Luz releases the cube she was holding and gasps, "I wish Cerise could see this."

Another cube floats up and Luz grabs that one as well.

...

Luz appears in a mirror, her eyes growing sad as she spots Cerise inside her plant pod, "Poor Cece...don't worry! You'll be okay!"

...

Luz releases the cube, "I wonder if I can see...Amity!" she blushes as a cube floats up, "Ah! Ugh! No, no, no!" she pushes the cube back down into the water, "Come on, Luz, you're on a mission!" she pinches the bridge of her nose, "Camila! Camila Noceda of the Human Realm?" she looks up and notices a cube flashing, "Got ya! Ice platform!" she slaps a piece of paper with the ice glyph on it, but it doesn't work, "Fine then! I'll do this the hard way!" she jumps onto a cube floating upwards. The dimension suddenly rotates, causing Luz to fall down. The cube she was reaching for is now right in front of her. She reaches for it as she hears music, "Mom!"

...

Luz is now a reflection inside her mom's cellphone. She gasps, "It's my house!"

Camila is seen dancing to the music while opening the fridge to take something, then closes it.

"Mom!"

Camila continues dancing while humming, "Oh yeah." she takes a handful of bananas from the counter. A family picture is shown of a younger Luz, Camila, and an unknown male, whose face is obscured by reflection.

Luz has tears rolling down her cheeks, "Mo-"

"Mom? Do you need any help?" "Luz" peeks in.

Luz gasps, shocked by what she's seeing.

"Oh, are you done cleaning your room?" Camila asks.

"Almost! With all that old stuff gone, I feel like a whole new person."

"Evil doppelgänger! Mom! Mom!" Luz knocks on the cellphone's glass, "Mom! Mom!"

"I can finish up here, mija."

"Thanks, Mom!" "Luz" runs off to her room.

...

The cube flashes and stops showing.

"Follow her! Luz Noceda 2.0! Doppelgänger! Why won't you work?!" Luz shakes the cube in frustration and gives an exasperated sigh, "Okay, Luz, calm down. Just breathe and count to five." another cube floats up, making Luz walk towards it.

...

"A new life." "Luz" closes the cupboard door, noticing the real Luz in the reflection.

"You!" Luz slams her hands on the mirror, making the imposter scream, "So you can hear me!"

"You're from the Demon Realm." "Luz" looks scared.

"Listen, I just wanna-"

"Luz" blinks a different way, "I'm not going back! I-I won't go back!" she picks up a red baseball bat and attempts to break the mirror.

"Luz? ¿Está todo bien?" Camila calls from outside the door.

", Mama! I just saw a spoiler from Monster Slayer Academia!" Luz answers.

"...I'll never understand anime."

Luz looks at "Luz" and shrugs, "Huh?" "Luz" runs and jumps out the window, "Wait!"

"Luz" lands, jumps over a fence, then runs into the house where Eda and Cerise used to set as an exit for their portal to the Human Realm. The inside is littered with random stuff and old newspapers. Luz appears as a reflection in a small purse mirror.

"So this is it. I'm gonna have to run...again. Why couldn't this just work out?!" "Luz" kicks a rock, which hits a trap mechanism and accidentally triggers it. A rope tightens around her foot and drags her backwards. She becomes scared and reveals her true form, a basilisk.

"Stop moving! You'll make it tighter!" Luz told her.

"Huh?"

"I didn't mean to freak you out. I just want to figure out what's going on, okay? You're a demon from the Boiling Isles, aren't you?"

"Mm-hmm." the basilisk reverses back to half-human form.

Luz smiles, "What's your name?"

"I'm Number F-I mean, I'm Vee."

"Okay Vee, I'm gonna help free you. You're gonna be alright. Now, back up a bit, give the wire some slack. Now, look for a little metal thingamabobber. Sorry, I don't know what it's called."

Vee finds the metal object, then pulls the rope loose.

"There you go, nice and easy."

"Ah!" Vee pants, "Thank you. You must be Camila's real daughter."

"I am. But right now, I'm trapped in the Boiling Isles. Who are you, why are you pretending to be me?"

"I am...just looking for a place to belong."

Luz stares at Vee with a weird expression.

"You're missing and mom...I mean, Camila seemed so kind, so I stayed with her but uh, I'll go if you-"

"Wait, wait, wait! Maybe we can help each other! Today I was gonna tell my mom where I've been, but because of you, she hasn't realized that I've been missing! So, keep living in my place! For now. When I get back, I can introduce her to the Demon Realm and help you find a place to live."

"There's one problem. I need magic to transform and I, uh...just used the rest of it." Vee blushes in embarrassment.

"Hmm..." Luz thinks before spotting something and pointing at it, "Oh! That's where we can get some magic!"

Vee picks up an old newspaper. The title reads "SECRETS OF GRAVESFIELD" and at the bottom, "BY JACOB HOPKINS", "Secrets of Gravesfield?"

"No, no, that's junk. Turn it over."

Vee turns over the paper. The title reads "STRANGE WOMAN AND TEEN BANNED IMMEDIATELY FROM CAFE FOR CREATING LIVING BOOKS", "Strange woman and teen banned from café."

"That's Eda the Owl Lady and her niece Cerise. They've been coming here for years. They might have left some magic stuff behind!"

"Okay!" Vee picks up the mirror, "We can try." she walks out the door, not spotting the functioning CCTV installed at one of the house corners recording the room.

...

Vee walks by a town sign reading, ""Welcome to GRAVESFIELD", "FOUNDED IN 1635"." a crow pecked on it, but flew away when Vee walked by, putting a pair of tinted glasses on. As she approaches a café called "ROBIN'S ROAST CAFE", there were statues of two people wearing clothing from the 1600s. Two crows fly by and crow.

"Is this it? Huh, I-I just go in and ask about those witches from the paper?" Vee asks.

"Yes." Luz looks at the café, "Maybe they still have one of her enchanted pastries! Huh?" she points at her ears, "Ears! Ears!"

Vee's ears accidentally comes out. She whimpers and quickly covers it with her animal hat. A kid notices that and points at it, but her mother drags her away. Vee pushes open the glass door, a door bell chimes. She starts sniffing at something.

"Hello!"

Vee yelps and quickly covers her mouth as  the shopkeeper hands over a drink to a customer and turns to her.

"What can I get ya?"

Vee walks to the counter, "Uh, have any, um, magical ladies, young and old, left enchanted items here?"

"Ugh, you're not friends with that witch-obsessed guy, right? I told him to stop leaving pamphlets here!"

Vee looks up and points, "Actually, I'm asking about them."

"Oh, Marylin and Evie?" the shopkeeper looks at the "BANNED FOR LIFE" sign with pictures of some people on it, one of them being Eda holding a raccoon as Cerise had her tongue out, "Yeah, they tried to pay for a latte and an acai with a live raccoon a couple of months ago. But when I called the cops, they did something weird to the croissants." she picked up a croissant with a pair of tongs, "We threw 'em in the trash but..." she sighs, "Well, now we have a whole new problem."

...

Vee pushes open the back door of the café, which leads to an alley, and starts sniffing around, "I don't...smell any magic." she hears a hissing sound, "Huh?"

Two talking rats with glowing red eyes emerge from behind two boxes, "Bread of wisdom grants us speech. We desire more!"

"Cool! Talking rats! Maybe they know something." Luz exclaims.

One of the rat hisses and pounces at Vee, making her scream and run away. She runs to a park and stops behind a statue, panting, then turns to look at the rats. They hiss then turn back into the alley.

"Vee? Is everything alright?" Luz asks.

"Oh," Vee laughs, "yeah, I-I just don't like confrontation." she chuckles nervously.

"Oh! Well, that's okay. I'm sure there's someone else who's seen Eda and Cece." Luz gasps, "There!"

Vee turns around and sees three high schoolers hanging out together under a tree, laughing. In one of the teenager's hands was a deck of Hexes Hold'em card.

"Hexes Hold'em cards! Eda got rid of all her decks. I was wondering where they went..." Luz thinks.

Vee sniffs, "Well, they must've run out of magic, I don't...smell anything."

"But maybe they know where to get more! Okay, we gotta be careful approaching high schoolers. Mark all your exit routes-"

Vee laughs, "Actually, these guys are cool." she starts walking towards the high schoolers.

"Ah! Wait, hey!"

"A past connection that left its mark on your soul has shown up again, and it's asking you to shed your old ways and enter a metamorphosis! Becoming a spiritual leader, you're meant to be." Masha reads.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." a boy scratches himself.

Masha puts the card on the grass.

Vee stops in front of them and kneels down, "Hello!"

Luz starts to panic and covers her face, "Oh, she's gonna embarrass herself! I can't watch..."

"Oh, hey, Luz! Good to see you outside of prison." Masha greets.

Vee laughs, "Come on! Camp wasn't that bad."

"Camp?"

"We did have the best cabin!"

"Cabin 7! Hoo-ha-ha!" the group cheers before laughing.

"Cool cards! Where'd you get 'em?" Vee asks.

"Uh-uh. Let me give you a reading first. I wanna practice." Masha lays down three cards on the ground. The first shows a crescent moon as the whitespace of an abstract sideways face. The second shows a skeleton with a golden chalice, and the third shows a fish with two Y-shaped arrows behind it.

Luz grabs her cube and presses her nose against it, looking intrigued as the high schoolers look amazed.

"You're running from your past. From a previous life that was not kind to you. However, the guilt and fear you carry will eventually catch you in a self-fulfilling prophecy that you won't be able to escape from."

Vee makes a nervous noise.

"You're gonna need some bath bombs, girl." Masha picks up the cards, "Anyway, I got the cards over at the Gravesfield Historical Society."

"Thanks. I'll see you around." Vee dejectedly walks away.

"Did you see the look in her eyes?" Masha asks, "I gotta find out where she got those contacts."

Vee enters the Gravesfield Historical Society building and sniffs before quietly sneezing.

"Is it that dusty in here?" a man named Jacob asked as he adjusts his glasses, holding a broom in hand, "Welcome to the Gravesfield Historical Society. Lemme guess, you're here to buy those weird cards, right?"

"How did you know?" Vee walks up to the front desk.

"Well, they've been really popular with high schoolers. Yeah, saw an old lady and her kid try to dump 'em in a river a while back, but I bought them off them instead. Was really odd though, they kept asking for snails."

"This is it!" Luz exclaims.

"You want a set?" Jacob asks.

"Yes, please!"

"Well, I'll be just a minute, so feel free to look around." Jacob picks up a box and enter a door labelled STAFF.

Vee chooses to walk into the Historical Society's museum and stand opposite a framed painting of a flag.

Luz appears in the framed reflection, "Are you okay? Hey, forget what that girl said! I know what it's like to run away from home. I did the same thing."

"You and I are not the same. You had a mom that loved you, a home, a life, you had it good! And you still wanted to run away, I...I didn't have a choice." Vee takes off her glasses and animal hat, "My real name is...Number Five. I'm a basilisk, and technically, I...I shouldn't exist." she starts to tell her origin, "My kind went extinct a long time ago, but we were brought back. They wanted to know how we drained magic."

"I met a basilisk once." Luz says, "She hurt a lot of people."

"For many of us, all we knew how to do was feed. Some of us escaped, but I knew it was only a matter of time before he caught us again. That's when I saw you, and...and realized there might be a way out of this!"

...

Vee emerges from the abandoned house where the portal was set up.

Camila walks in view of the house, "Luz? Where are you?"

"Eeh!" Vee transforms into a replica of Luz.

"Luz? There you are!"

Vee speaks in Luz's voice, "Hello...fellow human! Um...skin's sure weird!"

"Very funny. But, I was thinking, instead of taking the bus to camp, why don't we drive? I got the day off from work, and you'll have full control of the playlist."

...

"I didn't mean to keep playing this role, but...Camila was nice to me. I resent you for running away. But I'm also thankful that you did. I dunno. It's...confusing." Vee puts her accessories back on before sniffing something odd.

"Do you smell something?" Luz asks.

...

Vee walked into the staff room, which was pitch black.

"Where's the light?" Vee locates a light switch and flicks it on. She gasps as she sees a bunch of items. Multiple weapons were on display such as a sword, drill, and an axe. An old picture with the words, "THE HUNTING OF A DANGEROUS WITCH". A flashing toy witch on a guillotine with the words "YE OLDE WITCH" was shown next to a few books beside it. Vee walks further into the room looking around. She spots  a deck of glowing Hexes Hold'em cards and finds a bulletin board with multiple pictures of Eda and Cerise, the pictures connected to each other by red strings, "What is all this?" she bumps into a computer, turning the desktop on and revealing several tabs of video footage of Vee and the abandoned house, "Have we been followed this whole time?!" she screams, and runs to exit the door, but steps on a laser grid and is caged, her front mirror breaks too, rendering Luz unable to see the scene.

"Vee? Vee?! Vee!" Luz looks in panic.

Dark clouds started rolling in with a rumble of thunder being heard as Luz reappeared in a reflection in a framed painting in the room.

"Vee!"

Vee becomes stressed and reveals her true form, "Let me out!"

Jacob enters the room apprehensively, holding a stick, "Woah, it worked?" Luz hides, crouching further down the framed painting, "I-I can't believe it, are-are you real? " Vee slaps the stick out of his hand, "After all this time, after setting up all those traps, I...I finally caught a living, breathing demon! Oh, don't be surprised. A few years back I had a chance encounter with another one of your kind." he holds up a photograph of Eda's owl-demon form, "Yeah, at first I couldn't believe what I saw, but after watching a few MewTube videos I learned the truth. Witches and demons are real..." Luz gasps through the reflection, "...and they're all sent from Mars to harvest human teeth to power their time machine!"

Luz strikes an odd expression at this before giving a snort, "Cerise would be bawling in laughter...or the pain of his stupidity."

"You...don't actually know anything about us, do you?" Vee asks.

"Oh, I know enough. I'll expose your vile plans on MewTube and finally...get my account verified. Get comfortable, demon. Cause you'll be in cages for the rest of your life." Jacob exits the room.

"Don't worry, Vee, we can get out of this..."

"Go back to the Demon Realm, Luz."

"Huh?"

"Even if I get out, he knows what my disguise looks like." Vee told her, "He'd out me to Camila and it would cause her more trouble than if you just disappeared."

"Vee! You're giving up too quick!"

"I'm being realistic. It's okay, I'm used to living like this. Goodbye, Luz."

"No!"

Vee destroys the framed picture Luz is in with her tail.

...

The cube Luz was using breaks, "Vee! Five! Number Five! Agh!" she punches the black water before pausing, now more confidently, "Camila Noceda." a cube emerges from the water.

...

Luz gets transported to the reflection of Camila's phone.

Camila plays around with a tinfoil swan, "Boop."

"Mom, are you there?"

"Huh? Luz? I didn't even hear you call!"

"Mom. It's so great to hear your voice."

"Oh." Camila picks up the phone, "It's great to hear you too? What's wrong?"

"I found out who's setting up those traps, and he's...hurting a friend of mine. But first...I have to tell you the truth. About the last few months. Let me tell you about a place called Boiling Isles."

Camila sits down to listen to Luz's story.

...

Camila stands outside the Gravesfield Historical Society building, "You know, if you wanted me to pick you and your friend up, you didn't have to make up this elaborate story about the "Demon Realm"."

"I'm not making it up, Mom." Luz told her.

Camila giggles as she enters a building, "Don't worry, I'll play along. I know this stuff made school difficult, but I'm glad you're still being creative."

A flying pickaxe flies toward and hits a statue labelled "A WITCH" in the back. Jacob was handling some boxes.

"Are you the curator here?" Camila asks.

"Who's askin'?"

"A little birdie told me you caught a demon! I would love to see it!"

"Wait, how did you know? Do you work for the government?"

"Oh. I'm a veterinarian, actually."

Jacob observes her, "So, the President sent a vet to study the demon's anatomy, huh? Sure. I'll show you. But first," he picks up a voice recorder, "I'll need verbal confirmation that I get to publish my findings first." he pushes a button.

"Uh...'kay." Camila raises an eyebrow.

"Good." he pushes the same button, "Now you're bound by law. Follow me."

Camila looks at her phone, "You even made me a part of your game! Ooh! This is so fun."

Camila and Jacob both enter the STAFF room. Vee's cage is covered up with a rug.

"Ooh! Is this one of those escape rooms? Or, um, what do you call them, a LARP? Oh, sorry, don't want to break the illusion." Camila looks around.

"Let me start by telling you the secret history of Gravesfield." Jacob walks over to wall covered with notes held together conspiracy-theorist-style. He places his hand on Camila's shoulder, though she brushes it away. He opens up a book and flips to an old drawing of a burning building, possibly the building the Gravesfield Historical Society was built on, "In the 1600s, this was a peaceful colony. Until, tragedy struck." he flips the book to the next page to reveal a drawing of two Victorian-era dressed men, one of them shaking hands with a witch. All of their faces are somewhat rubbed out, "Two brothers were lured into a realm of evil by a real witch, never to be seen again. People have stopped believing in the horrors of witchcraft, but...I know the truth." he closes the book and slams his fist on the table.

"Woah. Luz, this is quite a detailed story."

Jacob walks towards the concealed cage, "But now I've got proof that otherworldly beings exist! Behold!" he pulls back the rug to reveal Vee in the cage with duct tape over her mouth.

"Oh, wow! That is a very...uh, convincing...costume?" Camila lets out a loud gasp when Vee blinks.

"A costume? This is a real life demon! C'mere, watch this." Jacob runs over to a series of four monitors, displaying a video where Vee transforms into her true form. Camila looks in shock, "More vile beings will probably come to its rescue. But I can protect humanity. I even had some custom gear made at the renaissance fair. Usually I don't take it out for just anyone, but what the heck! If I'm gonna be working with the government, I might as well show off a little." he takes a hook and tries to get the suit of armor down.

"Luz, come on. I don't like this game anymore." Camila looks down at her phone.

"It's not a game, Mama. Everything I told you was true." Luz told her.

"So that thing has been living with me the entire time? It's just a lot to believe..."

"Her name is Vee, and she may look different, but she's not bad. Please, you gotta help her!"

Camila turns to Vee and walks towards her. Vee braces in expectation that she would be hit, but Camila crouches to talk to her instead, "Hello...this is all so confusing, but...who knew I had such a strong girl living under my roof this whole time?"

Vee looks touched by her words and starts to tear up, but is interrupted by Jacob wearing the suit of armor.

"So how do I look? Maybe we can collaborate on a version that can survive the battles on Mars!" he notices Camila's phone and gasps, "Wait, what is that? Are you recording this?"

"Uh..."

"Wonderful! I mean, I was gonna wait until after the press tour, but let's begin our live dissection of this demon right now!" Jacob picks up a knife.

"Stop! Uh, the...the President just called. Yeah, and, uh..." Camila looks at her phone where Luz is signalling to her, "Uh...Y'know what? I don't have the imagination for this. I will be taking this innocent child with me, and you will never bother us again."

"What? No absolutely not! We made a verbal agreement-"

"Mister." Camila brandishes an upside-down slingshot, "You better back the heck down, or I will tell the police you have been illegally setting up traps and cameras on private property!" she drops the slingshot.

"I won't let you take away my discovery. I'm the good guy here!"

"Yeah." Camila takes out a flip-flop from her handbag, aiming it square at Jacob, "A lot of bad guys say that."

...

Camila and Vee walk out of the building as it was now raining, the former putting a coat around the latter.

"Is it okay to leave him in there?" Vee asks.

"He'll be fine." Camila reassures as the two had left Jacob in Vee's former cage, unconscious, "He can use the time for some self-reflection."

...

Camila and Vee arrive at the Noceda home, exiting the car as Luz appears through the headlights.

"Heh! Look what I can do with the rain! Vee! I'm so happy you're okay!" Luz attempts to high-five her, but her hand phases through, "Woah."

"Yeah. Thank you, Camila. For everything."

"Vee. You have a place here for as long as you need. And take these." Camila hands Vee a deck of Hexes Hold 'Em cards from her handbag, "Luz said they might be helpful for you."

"Magic!" Vee starts eating a few of the cards, walking away.

"Mom, you were awesome back there! Thanks for being, uh, cool...about everything." Luz rubs the back of her head.

Camila turns to her daughter as she starts to cry, "I'm trying to hold it together...I really am...But I have never been this scared before. The demon realm? Magic? How are you gonna get back here? Is this the only way I can touch you?" she attempts to hold Luz's hand, but it just phases through again.

"I...I need a little more time, but if I keep working my hardest I will make a working portal, I promise!"

"As scary as this is, it really does seem like you've matured."

"Yes! I've learned so much...Staying here was the best decision I ever made."

Camila looks at her daughter in shock as she starts to get angry, "You...chose to stay there?"

"Oh, uh..."

"Were you trying to live out some witch fantasy? Did you...did you hate living with me that much?" Camila looks at her daughter with a hurt expression.

"Mama, no!" Luz starts to get dragged back up by the rope she is attached to, "No." she pulls herself down on the rope, "Not yet. Not...yet! Mom! I'm being pulled back!"

"Baby? No, no, no, no, no, no..." Camila holds onto her daughter, "When you come home, promise you'll stay here. I didn't mean to push you away. I swear things will be different."

Luz starts tearing up, "Mom, it's not you, it never was!"

"Promise me, Luz...please!"

Luz has a sad expression, "Okay, Mom. I promise." she fades away from view as her mother cries, "Mom!"

...

Back at the Boiling Isles outside the Owl House, Eda, King, and Hooty are pulling back on the rope attached to the portal. The portal itself seems to be leaking some kind of black viscous liquid, perhaps the same kind of liquid that was shown in the Reflection Dimension.

"And pull, and pull, and..."

Luz arrives back at the Boiling Isles, flying out of the portal. Eda, King, and Hooty are all sent flying back too. They all land on each other.

"Luz!"

Luz looks up and gasps as the Owl House was enveloped in vines and plantlife. She looks to the portal, which creaks, then folds in on itself in a ball, finally disappearing in a puff of smoke, "What happened while I was gone?!"

"It's Cerise." Eda explains, "She's escaped."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 311 34
So it is a child that had a birth defect for having pointy ears. Or so she thought. She fell into a portal into a place called the boiling isles. She...
2.4K 59 43
A young girl named Luz Noceda stumbles upon a realm full of witches,called The Boiling Isles. She meets a rebellious witch,two young fighters,and a l...
19.5K 336 43
Before being sent to a summer camp, Peter meets Luz, a fangirl who shares the same interest in The Good Witch Azura books. When she loses her book, P...
1K 14 19
Luz is a self-assured teenage human girl and the last remaining member of the Shirai Ryu named Scorpion, who accidentally stumbles upon a portal to t...