Beautiful Infatuation

By PurnimaNegi

The worst mistake that Sneha could do was to save a girl from getting assaulted. That is because the girl who... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79

Chapter 52

21.4K 1.3K 272
By PurnimaNegi

Sneha fidgeted with her fingers in nervousness as the attendants displayed one design after another. No doubt, each ring was better than the other. But what bothered her more was that the price tag was not attached anywhere. Only the weight of the rare stone was mentioned on the small tag.

They were first searching for men's designs so that they'd have more options in the women's designs to select from.

"Ma'am, please have a look at this one." The attendant showed the next ring to Sneha.

Viraj only sat beside her while letting her choose whatever she liked for him.

Sneha held the plain platinum ring with diamond crust.

"It's nice." She said again.

"You are saying 'nice' to every ring, Sneha." Viraj chuckled with an amused smile.

"Every design is good." She mumbled as a reply while looking at the jewellery box.

"If you have any specific design in mind, then please let me know. I'll bring those for you." The attendant piped in.

Sneha thought over it for a while before gathering the courage.

'Talk to him, Sneha! Or it will be embarrassing during payment.' She encouraged herself.

"Viraj... Can we talk?... Privately?" She asked slowly.

The attendant quickly understood her signal and stood up to leave and give them some privacy.

Viraj's brows narrowed on seeing her nervous and stiff expression.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Please don't get me wrong...But...I... can't afford these expensive rings." She honestly said.

She had calculated her savings accurately and she knew that the most she could spend were 5 lakhs. She would have done it gladly too. But not on Viraj!

"I know." He blankly replied.

She met his gaze and wanted to glare at him for being so blunt.

"So..." She mumbled not knowing what to say further.

"So?" He asked.

"So...If you are fine with it...I can buy a ring for you from a normal jewellery shop that is near my locality." She suggested.

"What's wrong with this shop? This is the best in Mumbai!" He noted with a shrug.

She touched her nose once before explaining.

"It will be expensive for me to buy it from here." She finally clarified.

"Why will you pay for it?" He asked, completely confused.

And this confused her in turn.

"Shouldn't I buy the ring for you?" She asked.

"No. I'll buy it." He said clearly.

"So...Should I buy the ring for myself?" She asked slowly.

"No. I'll buy it for you." He said, confusing her even more.

"Are you going to purchase both the rings?" She asked.

"Yes."

Sneha looked at the table with a frown. It didn't make any sense. Wasn't it the custom that the girl should buy the ring for the boy and vice versa?

"Okay..." She slowly nodded thinking it was better that way. No matter how selfish that sounded to herself, she was happy that she won't have to waste her money on him.

"Anything else?" He asked to which she shook her head negatively.

Viraj signalled the attendant to come back.

"Do one thing...Show us the couple rings." He asked since Sneha was taking forever in choosing one single ring.

Sneha didn't argue since, in the back of her mind, she was relieved that she wasn't paying for it.

As the attendant left to bring the new set of boxes, another couple entered the floor and took the sofa next to theirs. They were clearly in the hearing range and the excitement with which they were talking with the attendants left no word hidden.

"Will it be possible for you to engrave our names in the ring?" The girl asked the attendant and Sneha looked in their direction, while they waited for their own attendant to come back.

"Yes, ma'am! It will take about a week since we will have to send it back to the factory." The attendant informed them with a smile.

The girl jumped excitedly and looked in the direction of her boyfriend.

"It's the latest trend, you know. All my friends have engraved their husbands' names on the back side of their rings. I want your name in my ring too!" The girl said excitedly.

"Do whatever you want." The man accompanying her said with a chuckle.

Sneha couldn't help but smile at their little conversation. They looked so carefree and cute together. It was obvious that they were in love and the man was more mature than the woman in their relationship.

A sigh escaped her lips on that thought.

She wanted the same for herself too. She had always wanted a man who would love her a lot! And, she would love him equally. She wanted a mature guy too!

'You will, Sneha! Viraj is just temporary. He is not going to be your husband. God, please don't get us married!' She prayed internally.

On the other hand, Viraj, who was intently watching her expression, concluded an entirely different thing. And, he did make a mental note of it.

"Ma'am, sir. Please have a look at these designs. These are the latest and the best in the market right now." Their attendant came back with a new set of boxes displaying an array of couple rings.

Sneha looked in awe at the stones. They were utterly pretty and classy. Each piece fits perfectly with its counterpart.

"I like this one." Viraj said while pointing at the first design that caught his eyes. The attendant quickly removed it from the set and forwarded it to him.

Sneha too looked at the rings with curiosity. No doubt that they were pretty. But then, she found each pair beautiful.

"What do you think?" He asked Sneha and showed the pair to her.

One ring had a round base with a sapphire stone on top of it. While the other was a flat-base ring with nine small diamond stones engraved on it. They looked classy together and she had to appreciate his choice.

"It's pretty." She noted and he could easily read her face that she liked it as well.

"Try your ring." He asked her as he tried his own on his finger.

It was a perfect fit too.

"Great! Pack this." He instantly said and relaxed on the sofa again.

"Uhh...Would you like to see the other collections too, sir?" The attendant asked to which he raised his brows in an almost challenging manner.

"Once I like something, it's final." He clarified and the attendant quickly nodded.

"I'll bill this up, sir. I'll require your PAN card for the same if you don't mind." She asked politely.

Viraj fetched his wallet from his blazer and gave his PAN card to her for the final process.

As the attendant left them to carry out the next step, Sneha's mind remained fixed on what he had just said.

Once I like something, it's final.

And, she remembered him telling her once that he liked her. Does that mean...

'No! No! No!' Sneha repeated in her mind in irritation.

"You should look at other designs too. What if you'd like something else?" She said suddenly hoping he'd change his mind and choose something else. It would prove to her at least that he wasn't too persistent on his first choice.

Viraj looked at her and gave her a small smile.

"Why should I? I liked it and you liked it. What more would I want?" He asked.

"What if you liked something else...better than this one?" She asked, subtly referring to the fact that he might like some other girl too...other than her.

He shrugged before replying.

"I know myself. If I like something...I won't like the other options...no matter how nice the other option is. That's my nature." He said and then crossed his legs.

"Still! You never know..."

"I know." He quickly contradicted her and it was the truth, after all.

.

.

.

It was 1 pm already by the time they completed all the formalities of purchasing the rare stones. So, Viraj took her to a restaurant for lunch where they had South Indian cuisine. At exactly 4 pm, they reached their next stop.

Before they could enter the apparel shop, Viraj's phone went off and he took it out to see the caller id.

"Your father is calling." Viraj said and passed the phone to her.

Sneha quickly answered the call and assured her father about her safety and whereabouts.

"I'll get you a new sim card with your old number by tomorrow, okay?" He said when she cancelled the call and returned the phone to him.

"It's alright. I can do it from the shop that is near my home." She added and felt his hand grasp her again.

"Okay. Let me know if you face any issues and my men will help you out." He said and pulled her gently inside the air-conditioned showroom.

They were immediately attended by a man and a woman who then guided them through a flood of dresses. They first hunted for Sneha's dress where they searched for a modest gown for the event.

"Ma'am, may I know the occasion so that I will be able to help you better?" The attendant asked when they had scrolled through ten dresses but Viraj was still not satisfied.

"Engagement." She answered after a short pause.

Viraj still looked around the dresses as the women conversed. He found flaws in all the dresses! Some were either too revealing from the neckline, some had too many glitters, or some didn't match his colour expectation. In the search, he went quite ahead of the girls.

"If you could tell me his favourite colour, then perhaps I could match your expectation?" The attendant asked making her go dumbstruck because she had no idea about his favourite colour! Or favourite anything.

"Uhh..." Sneha licked her lips before replying. "...I think black?" She said in doubt. She concluded so because she had seen him almost every time in black accessories only. His wallet was black, his dresses were almost every time black, his phone case was black and even his sunglasses were black!

"We do have some really good black gowns but I doubt you'd like to wear a black dress on your engagement." The attendant noted.

However, their conversation was interrupted by a very excited form of Viraj.

"This... I like this one." He said while looking at Sneha.

She looked in his direction and then walked towards him.

There were five gowns with the same design but different colours. Four belonged to the bright colours of the spectrum while the one that he was pointing at was a soft tone of purple.

He had chosen a lavender-coloured gown with a beautiful lace neckline. It had net sleeves with lace ending for each arm. The dress was voluminous from the waist down making it look like a typical doll dress. It was a beautiful dress, indeed and it would easily reach her toes, hiding her completely. But, it made her conclude one thing about him.

'Either lavender is his favourite colour...or he likes soft colours.' She thought subconsciously.

"Try this." He urged, while internally hoping that she'd like it as well.

Sneha looked at him from the dress. The twinkle was clear in his eyes. He really looked like a teenage boy.

"Ma'am, this dress will suit you perfectly." The attendant commented making her look at the dress again.

"Great, then! Pack this." He quickly added.

Sneha looked at him with a frown.

"What if I didn't like it?" She asked.

"You didn't?" He asked and his smile fell.

She was tempted to say no. But, then she realized why to create a fuss over a dress. It would only waste her time.

"It's nice. Okay." She mumbled and then looked towards the gown again.

Viraj's smile returned and he held her hand again as the attendant removed the dress for final cleaning and packing.

Dress shopping for Viraj was quite easy and less time-consuming. Since he had asked Sneha to choose a dress for him, she instantly chose a black Armani suit for him from the collection.

"You like it?" He asked as he analyzed the suit from top to bottom.

She nodded, forgetting that he wasn't looking at her.

Viraj turned around to look at her when she didn't utter a word.

"Sneha?" He asked again.

"Huh...Yes, I like it." She clarified on seeing his raised brows.

"Okay." He then turned toward the male attendant.

"Get this in my size." He asked and the man nodded after assessing him.

"Come." He told Sneha and then pulled her towards the seating area as they waited for the billing process to complete.

As they sat comfortable, Viraj initiated the conversation.

"I have sent invitation cards to your parents and sister. And, I have also asked your father to invite your relatives whosoever can come at such short notice." He informed her.

Sneha looked in his direction with narrowed brows.

"Where is the function being held?" She asked.

"At my friend's resort."

"I thought...it will be held at my home." She murmured.

His chuckle made her look at him again.

"How do you think your little house will accommodate hundred people?" He asked, amused genuinely.

However, she took it to her heart.

"My house isn't little!" She asserted.

He took the statement in a playful manner.

"So, should we hold the function in your house then? 100 people?" He asked while tilting his head in her direction.

"My house is big enough for my parents, my sister and me. Not 100 people. And, even your house can't hold 100 people at a time." She noted.

"But, it is. My house can easily accommodate 100 people."

"Then why not conduct the function there?"

"Because the marriage-related functions are held either at the girl's residence or a place booked by the girl's family."

Sneha remained quiet since she knew he was correct.

"Is it expensive?" She asked.

"What? The dress?"

"No. The resort that you have booked for tomorrow."

"Why are you asking?" He asked curiously.

"You will ask my father to pay, right?"

Viraj sighed.

"Sneha...Let me clear this thing for you. All the expenses of the engagement and wedding will be borne by me. You don't need to worry about anything, except to look beautiful for me."

The confusion was clear on her face.

"Why?"

"What why?" He asked.

"Why are you taking this responsibility?"

"I know that your father won't be able to organize the function which my family and friends are used to. And if I'll insist on him, he might even go beyond his budget for the sake of his daughter. I am not a father, yet, but I know how extreme fathers can go for their children. And what concerns me most is you. I know you won't be able to see your father stress himself out financially and then, you will try to help him out with whatever savings you have. So, what will I gain from seeing my wife struggle with her finances? Most importantly, you will think of our relationship as a burden more than being happy in it. And I want you to enjoy each phase of our wedding than worry about each penny." He explained.

And, his words did touch a soft corner of her heart.

"And what if your family would have a problem with this?" She asked.

"Why would they?"

"Your...father? He may have a problem with it."

"He has a problem with everything." He said and turned his gaze away from her.

"What if..."

"Relax, Sneha. I am there for you." He assured her.

"What would you do...if your father would say anything to me about it?" She asked, testing the waters slowly. She wondered what he'd do if she tells him about his father's warnings.

Viraj took a deep breath.

"He knows not to mess up with my life anymore. He has done enough already." He mumbled but she heard him anyway.

And his words made her think about his father and his relationship. She wondered whether they were close or...

"But...I also know that he won't do anything that'd upset me. In a way, he loves me the most in this world." He added after a pause.

And she knew now that if she'd tell him about his father's warnings to her, he'd not believe her.

.

.

.

Hi all!

I want to discuss something with you all.
I have seen a couple of comments urging Sneha to be a bit bolder. I understand you guys want her to take a stand for herself and be more vocal in front of Viraj.

But, but, but...I am trying to make this story as realistic as possible. Sneha is a bold girl with her own ethics and values. However, the situation after Viraj's father's warnings is different than how it was before! Think of yourself in her place and decide whether you'd still speak whatever comes to your mind or will you be cautious and a bit scared after your loved ones have been horribly tortured in front of you? (I pray such a thing would never happen with anyone.)

Boldness doesn't mean one would speak whatever comes to their mind. It doesn't imply rudeness or stupidity.

Sneha is just a simple girl who loves her family a lot. And, she wouldn't want anything to happen to her little family because she couldn't control her tongue in front of a criminal. She sees Viraj as a murderer because she has seen him in action. And that obviously installs fear in any normal person's mind!
Multiple factors are playing in her mind, making her bend to Viraj's desires. And that's how I want the story to go. Because there will be a limit after which she'd retaliate.
The story has to make sense...And I am just trying to be close to it. It may not be perfect but I also don't want to make it plain impossible!

I hope you understand my point of view. Let me know your views on it  🙂

Also, about mature scenes...These are not going to come right now because the story is not at that stage. It will however come later and the details will depend on the audience. So, for now, we will have to suffice with only kisses...even though the author wants to go beyond that!

NEXT UPDATE: COMING SOON (Today only)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 539 22
Situations made Shivaay a billionaire CEO into a Mafia leader. His only motto of life was to avenge his sister's death. He was having a face-off with...
50.3K 1.3K 38
Forced Romance. " Please leave me" said sneha, he chuckled at her innocence. " Darling you cant escape my world when some one enter my world they onl...
85.9K 4.5K 37
We can't share all the things with parents, but friends. A friend is someone with whom you can share all your feelings without fear... A friend is so...
1.1M 53.4K 71
Stood Third place winner in romance category of STARLIGHT AWARDS! Previously known as "Making her mine" "Get ready . You have only 20 mins". He order...