After Solitude

By BabyGurl5119

Have you ever felt the love and protection of three vampires? Zoey hasn't, she didn't even think it could've... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Epilogue

Chapter 7

18.2K 535 107
By BabyGurl5119

Wyatt's POV

Jett and I patiently wait for Nik to get back with Zoey.

Last night we talked about what we would tell her. All the dark secrets that surround us and this home. All the things we could be hunted down for if anyone were to find out.

We've been safe for years, for the first time in centuries.

Before now, we were always on the move every twenty years or so. Hunters would kill us, humans would murder other humans if they were accused of being what we are, witches try to lure us into their unholy spells, and even our own kind turned on each other.

I'm the newest to this life, born in nineteen o' three and converted in nineteen twenty-eight. While Nik is an original.

Nik has never felt what it means to be human, and honestly, I don't remember clearly either.

This is the first time I've seen him so infatuated with a woman before, especially a human.

All of us are extra hesitant when it comes to humans because their blood is so addictive, just one taste can throw one of us into bloodlust. Nik has more control over himself and has had a lot more time to work with Jett, but I'm still affected by it easily.

We came to an agreement that we talk to her about what Tammy said first then get into who we are.

Tammy.

I never really liked her. Call it intuition; she always rubbed me the wrong way.

She's been around for about as long as Jett has and she fell in love with Nik at first sight. She would never admit it, but she's obsessed with him.

Much to my disagreement, we've done things with her. Nik saw it nothing more than a once in a blue moon thing but Tammy, she saw it as claim.

We'd never claim her.

Jett and I wait at in the general assembly hall, where guests would gather at our annual gatherings until we see Nik and Zoey walk through the large, heavy doors.

Her eyes are wide as she looks around, skeptical pupils examine the place. When her eyes find us, she smiles. My heart grows warm.

I love that smile.

"Let's talk in the conference room." Jett wafts his hand to the double wide staircase at the back of the room.

Zoey slowly follows behind us, seemingly taking everything in.

I follow behind her, making sure she doesn't feel rushed. I'm already worried about this conversation turning south, I don't want to egg on any nerves she might already be feeling.

Once we make it to the conference room, she sits next to me while the other two sit across from us.

Pride swells in my heart from her deciding to sit next to me.

I hope you feel safe with me, doll.

"So, let us talk about what Tammy said to you. What was it exactly?" Jett takes control of the conversation.

"She said that I was your new toy." Her voice comes off soft but slightly echoes in this room.

The room only has a large table, some chairs, and a few things here and there. Nothing big or dense enough to absorb so much noise.

"And how do you feel about that?" Jett asks.

She rubs to skin on her arm, making it turn pink.

Don't worry, doll. We would never hurt you.

"I- I don't know how I feel. But I think that it was a mean statement."

Nik leans forward, resting his arms on the dark oak table, "think about how you feel. Be honest with us."

Her lips scrunch to the side of her face, making her look deep in thought.

"I don't want to be a pawn in some game. My whole life has already felt like a big game so if that's what this then...I'm out." She says the last part quietly, like she has a hard time herself believing in what she's saying.

"No games, doll." I whisper just loud enough to where she can hear me, or at least that's what she would think. Our hearing capabilities are extraordinary.

"Tammy is a very old friend of ours. She isn't someone we consider a friend anymore, more like acquaintances." Nik informs.

"Is she an ex girlfriend?" The innocents in Zoey's voice wraps around my brain.

"No." Nik and Jett say at the same time, causing me to silently laugh.

"Listen, love," Nik reaches over the table and grabs her hand that was rubbing harsh circles into her velvet skin, "we like you, all of us. Tammy means nothing to us, so you don't have to worry about her."

Zoey nods with a small smile as Nik gently caresses her hand.

"We are enamored by you. Only you." Jett confesses what we all feel.

"What does that mean?" Her head tilts.

"It means we are captivated by you. You have this beauty, something I can't describe. But it's not just your looks, it's your soul." I clear it up for her.

A rosy blush crawls up her neck, making the already perfect woman next to me even more adorable.

"I've never been in a relationship before." She quietly admits.

How is that possible?

"Never?" Jett's eyebrows knit together in confusion.

Her head shyly shakes from side to side as she takes her hand out of Nik's hold.

Nik's eyes give her a flash of their blackness, but he looks away, concealing the darkness they hold. He wasn't angry with her, just that she pulled away from him.

"Have you ever heard of multiple people being in the same relationship?" I ask her, knowing the other two are baffled by the fact she's never been in a relationship before.

It makes perfect sense to me, that's why you're so innocent, doll.

"Isn't that cheating?" Her nose scrunches.

We all chuckle at how cute her question is.

"No, baby. We all consent to it, we all know about it, and we are all stay exclusive with each other." Jett says.

We've never been exclusive with anyone, until Zoey came along. After Nik went on that little date with her, we've been talking more about being exclusive with her and only her.

"We? So do you guys...you know...do things with each other?" Zoey asks, confusion laced in her voice.

"Nothing sexually explicit with each other, no. We share one woman, not each other." Nik chimes in.

Before Zoey, Nik was to himself, quiet. If he talked to you, you knew he liked you.

"We would like you to consider being exclusive with us." Jett tells her.

She sucks air into her lungs, as if she can't believe what she's hearing.

"So, it'll be like I'm dating all of you if I agree to this?"

Jett bites his lip and nods at her.

A smile appears on her face, to which I can tell she's trying to swallow.

"Okay, I'll think about it." She squeaks.

Humans are so cute when they get excited. That little wiggle of excitement, the sparkle in their eyes.

I shift in my seat, knowing it's time to give her the rest of the information we agreed on sharing with her.

"Love, there's something else we need to talk to you about." Nik looks at Jett with a clenched jaw, as if to say he doesn't want to speak.

He'd be in the most danger, hunters and witches would want to take him out first since he's the strongest.

Her ears perk up, ready to listen.

After three minutes of uncomfortable silence, Jett speaks up, "what do you know about the transcendental world?"

My heart buzzes with uncertainty.

"Like ghosts?" She asks for clarification.

"Specifically vampires." I tell her.

"Uhh," she looks up, thinking about all the information she has heard, "they drink blood, and they are super fast. Oh!" She remembers something else, "They also have these crazy looking fangs, they're different from movie to movie, but they all have them and they suck the blood with them."

We all chuckle at what Hollywood has taught their humans.

"Well, some of that is true. We do feast on blood, we are fast, and we do have fangs, but the fangs don't really do anything, they only mark someone who's ours to claim." Jett tells her.

Zoey's head shifts, a line between her eyebrows.

"We?" She looks at all of us.

None of us dare to say another word. The silence deafens me like a horn blaring right in your ear.

The quiet is so loud.

The sweet sound of her laughter makes us jump.

Damn, since when do humans scare us?

"That was a funny joke." She continues to giggle.

"Doll." I whisper with a sigh.

Her laughter cuts as she looks at me.

I feel sweat begin to form at my brow, thinking this might be the last we see her.

"You're- you- you're serious..." She stands from her seat and backs away from us.

My head hangs in shame for being the reason her fear smells so strong.

"Baby, please sit back down." Jett pleads.

Her head shakes as she backs up further until her hand connects with the door knob.

"I won't tell anyone...I swear!" She says loudly as she twists the knob, thinking we won't hear it turning.

Before anyone can say another word, she's darting out of the room and running down the hall.

My immediate response is to run after her, to comfort her, and that exactly what my legs decide to do before Nik sits his hand on my shoulder.

"Not now." He says sternly.

"But she's scared."

"And you think she won't be terrified if she sees you using your speed to catch up to her? Humans are afraid of what they don't understand," Nik sighs, "I knew this would be a bad idea."

So I let her go, we let her go.  

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

What do you think is going to happen next?

Would you run too?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 388 32
~Lesbian romance & Mature language~ *Second book in The Haven Series* *Cannot be read as a stand-alone book* Here we are five years later, fighting f...
69.1K 2.9K 62
Keava Knight was born into a family that knows there are supernatural creatures in the world. Right after she turned eighteen a group of vampires tur...
74.5K 2.6K 51
BOOK 1 in The Hybrid Series After the tragic lost of her mom, 17 year-old Zoe Hyland has to deal with being a Hybrid on her own. A very rare and spec...
513K 21.3K 59
*This is not your typical romance. My characters are deliciously wicked anD unrepentant. This book features very mature content that includes sex w...