MEN

By Milanyon

In the world of MEN, the MEN are going about their lives in their own ways. All of them share a sentence stru... More

Chapter 1: Idiot-Man
Chapter 2: Smart-man
Chapter 3: Basic-man
Chapter 4: Holiday Party-man
Chapter 5: Clique-man
Chapter 6: Couple-man
Chapter 7: Rise of the non-men
Chapter 8: Hero-men
Chapter 9: Power-men
Chapter 10: Not alone-man
Chapter 11: Narrator-men
Chapter 12: Monster-man
Chapter 13: Doubt-men
Chapter 14: Main-Character-man
Chapter 15: Trapped-man
Chapter 16: Journey-man to the West-man
Chapter 17: Sandwich-man
Chapter 18: Side character-men
Chapter 19: The Cousin-men
Chapter 20: Boss Monster-man
Chapter 21: The True Narrator-man
Chapter 22: Trash-man
Chapter 23: Missing-man
Chapter 24: Parent-men
Chapter 26: Costume-man
Chapter 27: Reunion-man
Chapter 28: Resolution-man
Chapter 29: Redemption-man
Chapter 30: Revelation-man
Chapter 31: Reincarnation-man
Chapter 32: Awoken-man
Chapter 33: Wounded-man
Chapter 34: Healing-man
Chapter 35: Pickle-man
Chapter 36: Rage-man
Chapter 37: Past-man
Chapter 38: Men-man
Chapter 39: Devil-man
Chapter 40: Big brain-man
Chapter 41: Guilt-man
Chapter 42: Sun
Chapter 43: Falling
Chapter 44: Atonement
Chapter 45: Idiot
Chapter 46: Purgatory
Chapter 47: The End?

Chapter 25: Radioactive-man

2 1 0
By Milanyon

"Ugh, where am I?"
Random-man was holding his head with a non-existent hand.

"Oh.. right-man.."
He remembered that he lost his right arm recently and switches to scratch his head with his left hand instead.

"Is some man there?!"
A voice spoke in the dark.

"Who's there-man?"
Random-man stood up quickly because that voice surprised him, hard.

"It's just me, an idiot-man's father-man!"
From the sound of his voice, random-man could tell that the original idiot-man was panicking a bit.

He seemed confused.

"Is it normal-man that I don't have my right arm-man anymore?"
Idiot-man's father asked.

"Do you not remember-man? You lost-man it when you protected-man me."
Random-man explained.

"No.. I don't..."
Idiot-man's father seemed confused.

"Well, it doesn't matter-man. We gotta get outta here, quickly-man. Those two-men are probably still attacking our group-man."

They both nod at each other, except they couldn't see that in the blackness of the dark.

After some time their eyes got used to the darkness and were able to make out some shapes in the cave they were trapped in.

"I think we are trapped-man in a cave-man or something-man."
Idiot-man's father noticed.

The fact that they could see at all meant that light somehow found its way to them, which meant that the exit was probably not too far away.

"Its probably this way-man, c'mon!"
Random-man ran towards the light with Idiot-man's father in tow, hoping that their group, their families are still safe.

Meanwhile on the surface:

Smart-man's mother relentlessly slapped generic-man until his cheeks swell a good amount.

She just didn't stop at all.

*slap slap slap*
Over and over and over.

Basic-man just stood there, wondering if he should help his cousin.

Smart-man's mother didn't seem like she was going to inflict a fatal wound any time soon and he kinda enjoyed not being in the spotlight for once.

Ignored.

That was a state of being that basic-man knew very little about.

Since his birth, he was hailed as a great celebrity just because his name was "basic-man".
Until that day he watched his cousin getting slapped repeatedly by a middle aged man, he still didn't know how that name alone warranted him to become famous.

It's his way of life, or so he thought.

He was hesitating.

"What am I even doing-man.."
He was reflecting on his past actions.

He started to regret what he did to idiot-man. Though it ultimately was his cousin that claimed her life, he gave the order.

The guilt was eating him up from the inside.

Why exactly did he start obeying that boss monster?

"I have.. feeling-men for her?"
He doubted his own reality.

Something was off about him.

He picked up a pointy rock from the ground and ran towards smart-man's mother.

He didn't know why, but he felt like this was the thing he was supposed to do.

"What was it again.. elegance-man? How could a monster-man be elegant-man..."

When he thinks back, he couldn't clearly remember what Serenity looked like, even though it hasn't been that long ago since he last saw her.

Without thinking, he digs the pointy rock deep into smart-man's mother's back, hard.

"Ugh!!"
*cough*

She coughed up a heap of her own blood right into generic-man's face.
He made a muffled noise in revulsion, but because of his swollen face the sound was overshadowed by smart-man's mother's cry of pain.

She saw an indifferent looking basic-man looking over her shoulder as he tried to dig the pointy rock deeper into her, as if it wasn't enough that he probably just broke through her lungs.

She felt weak.

"NOOOOO!!!"
Idiot-man's mother finally noticed that smart-man's mother was in trouble and changed her target from the bodyguard to basic-man and started throwing one rock after another.

In the back of her head she expected basic-man to also just phase through the rocks she threw, but to her surprise all of them connected and left him injured.

Basic-man's abilities were not known to the public. The only showcase of his powers were when they destroyed that monster village and when he brutally murdered that monster that was walking towards the city known as city-man.

Elated by this discovery, she kept throwing a lot, hard.

Basic-man didn't acknowledge her attacks. It was as if he was possessed. Like he was only focused on killing smart-man's mother.

Smart-man's mother felt empowered by the support of her newly found friend, idiot-man's mother, and thus unleashed her true powers.

She was unsure what they were, but according to the man she was slapping, her powers were probably regeneration, she thought.

She shouted to drown out the pain and attempted to just heal her injuries, but there was a problem.

For a moment it seemed like the pain vanished, but then quickly returned, hard.

While her torn flesh did heal, the pointy rock was still within her body and thus immediately ripped through her healed injuries.

She was about to give up on healing herself when she noticed something.

When she healed herself the bleeding stopped.

She wasn't sure if regeneration also regenerated her blood.
It could have been just her imagination but she did feel a bit weaker and drowsy, since she believed that that's what one feels when they suffer from anemia.
In a way, it could have just been a kind of bad placebo effect.

However, she decided to endure the pain of constant regeneration.
She couldn't afford to die yet.

If she had to die, it would be after she begged her son for forgiveness and to be part of his life again.
That's all she wished for.

That's a wish worth fighting for, she thought.

And she shouts continuously.
"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!"

The noise made generic-man lose consciousness but it wasn't solely because of the noise. He was mostly just tired of being slapped constantly. The noise just was just what tipped him over the edge.

A tear ran down basic-man's face, but no one was noticing that.

In his mind he saw his body act without him doing anything.
He felt numb.
His mind and body truly had separated.

"Why am I doing-man this?"
He asked himself.

That's when he noticed.

"Ehh... my... hand-men... they are turning green-man... no... no no no..."
Basic-man remembered the state smart-man was in.

After being in the presence of monsters for so long, he should have seen this coming.

He had forgotten that monsters are constantly surrounded by a haze of radioactive energy.

That energy turned the corpses of men into zombies.

Like smart-man, basic-man had become zombified.

"No no no no no... nonononono!!!!!"
In his mind, he held his head in disbelief.

He will die, soon, and hard.

Then from the distance, a gust of wind drew closer.

Somehow it was very strong.

The closer it got, the more basic-man saw his body float into the air like it just didn't care.

Then it hit his body and sent him flying a few meters away from smart-man's mother.

It was idiot-man's father and random-man, coming to the rescue.

"So they found-man their way out of that cave-man I put them in, huh..."

He smiled. It was as if he was glad someone stopped him.

He regained some of his senses back.

The first thing he felt was the burning sensation on his skin, the zombification.

Then when he tried to lift himself off the ground, he felt that his body was hurt all over.

"That woman-man..."
Idiot-man's mother never stopped throwing her rocks. A normal person would have died after the amount of rocks she hit him with.

But basic-man is apparently rather resilient.

He laughed.
"Hahaha..."

He knew his days were numbered.
Soon he would die.

He wondered if that could relieve him of the guilt that was torturing him so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.5K 2.4K 19
Boy runs away from home. Boy meets dangerous man. Then shit hits the fan.
77.2K 2.8K 28
Enjoy
760K 35.4K 36
What happens when rich meets poor? Why, disaster, of course.
865K 39.6K 39
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞" 𝘽𝙊𝙊𝙆 1