The Sight Of Eternity With You

Von WeaselB3e

Harper Nonemacker has transferred as a third year into Hogwarts. The reason for the transfer? She's a Legilim... Mehr

Harper
The First Day Nerves: Third Year Start
Complex Being you are
Halloween frights
Let's Try Quidditch or Trust
Christmas and Dragon Bites
Totally Not Flirting
End of the Year
Come on, Be Our Guest
Fourth Year Blitz
All Signs Point To
Hourglass
Mindless Self Indulgence
Honestly
I was Afraid, I was....
Both Sides of The Story
Loose Cannon
A Little Faster
The Glorious Fates
This is Halloween
Set it Off
Lonely girl
The Edge
Calm Before The Storm
Under a Paper Moon
Why Worry (About the Sixth Year)
Tell Me Why
Runaway
The Liars and Sneaks
Caught Up In You
About a Girl
Dream a Little Dream of Me
Five Minutes to Midnight
Future Hearts/ Old Scars
Tell Me I'm a Wreck
Take On The World
When The Chips Are Down
Come To Your Senses
Listen To Your Girl
The Fear of Falling
Hard Times
Homecoming
Harper Is For Lovers
Million Dollar Baby
Haunting Me
Skeptics and True Believers
Harper is our Queen
Give Me Your Hand
What You Make It
If You Could Be Anywhere
Gossip
Electric Love
The Hideaway
Young And Menace
Here With Me
Hurts Like Hell
Till Forever Falls Apart
Love From the Other Side
Alone Together
The World Is Falling Apart
Does Salvation Come?
Heaven Help Us
The Loneliest
Matchsticks
Grow As We Go
Don't Let The Light Go Out
Say You Love Me
Lovefool
Maybe You Saved Me
Dance With Me
Lucky Star
Stay The Night
(Don't) Surrender
Nothing Else Matters
Paper Rings
Be My Escape
Harper's Law
Which to Bury?
In My Head
Out of My Mind
Running Up That Hill
Favorite Place
Dandelions
Your Love Is My Drug
If Not For You
Love Song
Where I Belong
Marry You

Check Yes, Harper

70 3 0
Von WeaselB3e

"Check, yes Juliet, kill the limbo
I'll keep tossing rocks at your window
There's no turning back for us tonight
Check, yes Juliet, I'll be waiting Wishing,
wanting yours for the taking
-Check Yes, Juliet. We The Kings"

****
"What'd McGonagall want?" Alicia asked as they walked toward Herbology after Transfiguration.

"Just how I'm doing...and being a prefect and such," Harper shrugged.

"The boys said to take the viaduct to Herbology, something about setting off a dung bomb around the courtyard," Alicia rolled her eyes.

"Hmmm does that count as catching them in the act if I know ahead of time or not?" Harper chuckled, picking up their pace.

"It was the courtyard underneath the astronomy tower....which is on our way," Alicia grinned.

"Let's go catch some weasels," Harper grinned as the two ran toward the courtyard in hopes of finding the twins.

When they arrived by the courtyard, Harper tried to catch her breath as she looked around, spotting the red hair standing behind a tree. Tossing her bag on the ground, Harper slowly inched toward them, pulling her wand from her boot and pointing at them.

"Petrificus totalus."

The boys were frozen in place, Harper ran forward to find two dummies that fell to the ground with a thud, Harper frowned as her body froze up. Fred and George came into view on the other side of the tree, their identical Cheshire grins taking up the majority of their faces.

"Ah ha! Caught you," Fred grinned.

George tapped her nose and winked, above her head a shower of glitter fell and covered her. Fred removed the body bind as the twins grinned.

"Was this a setup?!" Harper looked at Alicia who looked just as surprised as she came closer.

"Not entirely, we did plan something. But we knew someone was going to snitch about it," George bumped Alicia's shoulder as her face flushed.

"Harps, I swear-"

"Yeah...should've seen that coming actually," Harper laughed, trying to shake the glitter from her hair.

"Let's get going to class, shall we?" Alicia laughed slightly, brushing some glitter off Harper's shoulder.

"Nice look, Nonemacker," Cedric laughed when they got to Herbology. Harper shook out her hair, more glitter falling to the ground. "Pretty as the night sky, I'd say."

Harper pursed her lips together, waiting for George's outburst but nothing came as she braced herself. "You're on thin ice, Diggory."

Cedric gave a wink as their class got started for the day.

****

"Tell me why we're in the library?" George looked at Harper who was furiously writing something, her braids looking like two large snakes around her neck while she scowled.

"To work on our assignments and study for the O.W.L.S." Harper glanced up at George as he leaned his head on his charms book.

"But Harpsichord! Those aren't until next term! Why're you starting now?!" George whined. It was only a month into school now, George and Harper seemed to find themselves in a routine of studying in the library together—alone. Or if Harper was in the library alone, it was only minutes later until George appeared. Often times Fred and Lee came for alibis, Hermione and Ginny appeared to study with her occasionally if it wasn't the boys.

Shaking her head and rolling her eyes, she put down her quill, "I didn't become top of our year because I lazed around, George."

George groaned, leaning back in his chair and tapping his fingers on the table, "you know you don't have to work this hard though. You're brilliant after all....always have been."

"You're free to go, but honestly I was having a nice time," Harper smirked, her cheeks heating up at his compliment.

"Is this your ideal date, Nonemacker?" George grinned, leaning forward slightly.

"Hmmm no....and this isn't a date," she scrunched her face, "we do this like every day."

"It's just the two of us in a cozy little nook in the library....could be a date, it's not my kind but this could count," George laughed, his smile widening as Harper blushed. "If you had some of your lavender cookies, I'd call it perfect."

Harper's quill suddenly ripped the parchment she was working on, "at least finish one essay, Weasley," Harper muttered as her face turned a deeper red, tapping her wand on the parchment to repair the tear.

"You have some cookies on you, don't you Nonemacker?"

Clearing her throat, she reached into her bag and silently tossed the tin toward him.

"Now it's a perfect date," George grinned.

"So you two are dating!"

Harper and George jumped as Alicia slammed her bag onto the table and took a seat beside Harper.

"I knew it," she whispered.

"We aren't dating," Harper scoffed. "George just enjoys bribing sweets out of me in order for him to actually get decent grades."

"Oi! I can get just as good of grades as you, Nonemacker," George leaned back in his seat as he objected. "And I don't have to try as hard."

Harper raised an eyebrow, smirking, "this sounds like a bet, Weasley."

"If my essays come back with top marks this month....you have to agree to a date," George winked.

Alicia gasped beside Harper, rocking in her chair excitedly, "is this really happening? I'm so glad I came by!"

Harper moved her braids to one side, playing with the ends as she tried to hide her smile, "and if you don't? Proving my point."

"Whatever you want, Harpsichord."

"Whatever I want?" Harper looked over at Alicia who was sitting with a huge smile. Looking ecstatic to be present for this conversation.

"What do you have to lose?" George asked, shrugging.

"Alright. That means I'm not helping you or Fred with a single assignment," Harper smirked, feeling triumphant already.

"Hold on, what is it you want in return if you do somehow win?"

"Just glory...for being right."

"Oh come on, Nonemacker. That's boring," George laughed, Harper shrugged in response.

***
"So you setup a bet...and Harper didn't say what she wanted if she won it?" Fred looked over at George as they made their way toward the black lake.

George shrugged, "I don't mind it."

"And if you win, you get a date?"

"That was the idea," George nodded, sitting down beside the water's edge.

"Mate....why not just ask her out? What's the point?"

"I dunno, each time has been a bit chaotic. I just figured this way, if it doesn't happen....that's fine."

"Fine for who exactly?" Fred raised an eyebrow, taking out his small notebook, flipping to the latest page.

"I did really upset her last year, I want to make up for it all."

"Well watching you two do this dance is really....obnoxious." Fred paused for a moment, smirking at his notes, "you know...I've snuck out at night during her patrols and I've heard how Diggory talks to Harps....always complimenting her looks and the way she laughs when they're talking....I wouldn't put it past Diggory to try and ask her out very soon." When he looked up he saw George with a harsh glare on his face, staring at castle. Fred chuckled slightly, maybe that would help the two finally act on their feelings for each other.

George grunted slightly, pulling out a thick notebook filled with doodles and ideas for pranks.

"It is very interesting that she didn't offer what she wanted if she won," Fred concluded.

"So, I have this idea for something. It's a sweet that when you eat it swells your tongue. Take a bit first for the effect and then take a second part for it to stop...." George tried to switch up the conversation, "could get you out of classes."

Fred with a roll of his eyes at George's conversational tactics nodded slightly.

***
The way her eyes lit up each time Harper found a box of sugar mice sitting around the common room with her name on it. How her eyes crinkled and her nose scrunched up slightly during an uncontrollable bout of laughter. The sound of her laugh...Her smile, the rare genuine smile George could get from her was entirely breathtaking. All of these things culminated into a long list of reasons George was infatuated with Harper Nonemacker.

"George!" A whistle blew straight into his ear, causing George to lose his grip on his beater's club momentarily-almost dropping it below.

Oliver sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Mate, I let Nonemacker in on practices out of curtesy to the girls....and sometimes she does have some sound advice on something I want to attempt, but I will send her right back if you don't pay attention. We have a game soon."

"Right...right," George grunted, in the stands he saw Harper sitting with her chin in her hands as she smirked, sending him a wink. Knowing she was the topic of Oliver's conversation.

Fred and Alicia floated into view on their brooms, both with knowing looks. "Just ask her to be your girlfriend already, George!" Alicia grinned, "you're dying to, it's all over your face!"

"Wood is about five seconds away from murdering you, mate," Fred nodded, swinging his bat between his hands.

When practice was over, the team made their way to the changing rooms while George hovered over toward Harper who was putting away her things.

"Is today the day I'm no longer allowed in practices?" Harper laughed.

"Not today," George smiled, feeling his neck heat up. "Look...Harpsichord, about our bet. I'd rather call it off. Just...call it even and go on a date, what do you say?"

"Afraid you weren't going to be able to match my grades?" Harper grinned, her heart doing backflips as George rolled his eyes, kicking his leg over to one side of his broom as he leaned forward.

"Afraid you'd have a nice time on a date with me?" George smirked.

"I-I-I-I...." Harper cleared her throat, an evil glint crossed her eyes, "hmmm wonder if you could top that bloke from the summer."

"Bloke?" All of George's confidence seemed to deflate out of himself, his smile instantly wiped from his face.

"He was handsome and so affectionate...really loved sushi and the ports in London. That's where to get the freshest cuts of fish. He was a messy eater though...and loud mouth! Oh gosh! A bit handsy, always needed to be held...and hairy-"

"Harper. Are you describing your...cat?"

"Max is a handsome cat," Harper started laughing, clapping her hands together as she pointed at George. Doubling over as she continued laughing. "You should've seen your face for a moment! I had you going."

George scowled as Harper continued laughing, the sound making his heart do flips. "Right, well. It's shocking you haven't been asked to Hogsmeade yet this term."

"Oh I have, but I turned them down," Harper smiled as she looked at her manicured nails. "I was waiting for you to get tired of all this and just ask."

"Who's asked?" George raised an eyebrow, leaning forward on the broom. "Diggory one of them I presume?"

"Oh I'm not telling," Harper scoffed, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "They don't deserve to be put in the Hospital Wing for talking to a pretty girl. You'd be ruthless!"

George smirked, leaning in so they were inches apart, the scent of lavender wafted over him in the slight breeze, he chuckled as Harper froze—eyes wide—with her cheeks getting redder the longer they stayed that way. The gold flecks against the warm brown sparkled, the orbs flitting from his eyes to his lips quickly. "Confidence looks good on you, Harpsichord. You're right, they would end up in the Hospital Wing, so let's just call it even and have a date, yeah?"

"Took you long enough, George," Harper smirked, George grinned the nervous pit he'd felt moments ago, melting away as his heart rate slowed.

***

Next weekend was here and it was Hogsmeade weekend, standing in the mirror; she wore black leggings under a high waisted skirt, with a red long sleeved shirt tucked in, a black buckle harness on top all under a grey cardigan to keep her warm. Dawned with her scarf and hat of Gryffindor colors, she bounded downstairs where George stood in his Weasley jumper and scarf and hat she'd gifted their first year.

"You look extraordinarily pretty," George grinned, Harper felt her face flush as he held out his hand for her.

"Thank you, you clean up pretty well yourself," Harper smiled.

She was thankful she layered up and wore thick things as there was a slight chill in the air. When they got to the village they saw their group up ahead, Joy was the first to see them, clapping her hands together and giving a happy sigh as she waved.

George led Harper away from them, "we aren't going to be with them?"

"It's a date, Harpsichord. That means two people," he chuckled looking over at her with a wink.

"That's not necessarily true, double dates exist!" Harper pouted.

"It doesn't count when no one else in your group of friends are a thing."

"Alright..." she smiled, "but no shrieking shack this time."

"I promise no shrieking shack."

They headed to the three broomsticks, taking a table in the back, Harper sat facing the door; when she saw Fred enter she couldn't stop laughing at his face as he tried to back track out the door-giving her a wink as he went.

"Sybill was telling me that next term McGonagall is going to go over our futures outside of school, help guide us to the main courses we should be focusing on in our last two years," Harper mused, tracing her nail along the table.

"That'll be interesting....have you given it any thought?"

"I considered something in the Ministry," Harper shrugged. "The Department of Mysteries always intrigued me...my parents aren't too thrilled with that idea though."

"I don't think I know much about that department, dad works for Misuse of Muggle Artifacts."

"They handle prophecies....that's about all I know."

"I see," his tone contemplative, "Freddie and I want to start our own joke shop."

"That would be perfect for you guys," Harper grinned.

"Would be nice to have the potions princess helping us though, making sure we don't explode ourselves with a concoction gone wrong," George winked, sipping his Butterbeer.

Harper chuckled slightly, she didn't actually know what her future would entail and with this budding relationship, would they even be together in two years? One year? Six months from now?

"We'll see what happens," Harper smiled, trying to keep the pessimistic voices at bay. "What's next then?"

George winked, they finished their drinks and headed out to the shop fronts, window gazing and stopping at Honeydukes and Zonkos.

"Ah, perfect timing!" George smiled when they found Fred and Lee standing with a few bags at their feet. "Where are the girls?"

"They're in that new dress shop," Lee rolled his eyes, Fred made a noise while nodding. They both looked slightly bored.

George held out their bags of sweets and pranks to Fred who rolled his eyes and sighed. "Thanks, mate."

"Yeah yeah," Fred muttered as he placed the bags at his feet. Handing over his own bag that was neatly packed. "They'll be on your bed like you requested."

"The new product from Zonko's is in there."

"Wicked," Fred grinned, Harper looked between the two a bit confused, "have fun now," Fred winked as George led them away.

"Where are we going now?" Harper asked, George put a finger to his lips and continued walking. They slowly walked toward the castle before turning toward the right and going to the quidditch pitch.

"What're we doing here?" Harper said excitedly, pulling on his arm as he chuckled.

"You'll see," George grinned. They walked to a set of benches that faced the castle in the distance, George took the bag off his shoulder before tapping it. The bag opened to reveal a blanket with pumpkin pasties, sugar mice, Butterbeer, and a small assortment of cheeses with two sleeves of crackers.

"I thought since it was a nice day, we could sit out here with a picnic and enjoy the view," George smiled as he smoothed out the blanket, taking a seat. She took a seat beside him, arranging the snacks and beverages beside her before swinging her leg around the bench so that she was fulling face George.

Harper looked around and noticed that from where they were, the castle sat content against a clear blue sky. Some of the windows were sparkling in the light, Harper smiled at the scenery.

"I don't get to see the castle that much from here with all the flying. But....it's really remarkable most days," George smiled over at the view.

"You're right," Harper grinned, biting into her favorite sweet.

"Mmm I certainly never get tired of that phrase," George laughed.

If this was George's kind of date, she wondered what her standards for her own version were.

To Harper, this was already a perfect date.

George cleared his throat, bringing Harper to the present, reaching into his back pocket he revealed a small box.

"I've been trying to think of the perfect way to make up for being a git-"

"Just us being friends again and speaking was enough George," Harper whispered, her eyes on the box as her heart fluttered.

"It really isn't, Harper," he frowned and held out the box to her. "I'll never be able to earn back your trust in me, that's two times now I've gone and mucked things-"

"How else are you supposed to react to what I told you?" Harper shook her head, offering him one of the Butterbeers.

"Not running away and ignoring you all summer for starters," George frowned, his ears scarlet.

"That's how I probably would've reacted as well...I was never mad you ran off, I was just upset that you listened when I said you didn't have to write me, I guess I just supposed you would've sent something similar to Freddie's howlers," Harper smiled slightly, taking the box from him, inside was a thin silver bracelet with a small silver rose hooked in the middle of the chain.

"This is really beautiful," Harper grinned at George, "thank you." leaning forward Harper kissed his cheek. "Erm....George? If my legilimens is too much for you...I wouldn't be mad if you-"

"Oi, Nonemacker, " George frowned.

"I'm trying to be serious!" Harper held the box out toward George, scowling at him.

"If that really mattered to me, would I really have asked you on a proper date?" Harper sighed, moving her head side to side, "I know I was a git last year and I've been trying to make up for it, but I do honestly believe its a wicked ability."

"It's not that wicked," Harper muttered. "This date....is this one of your ways of making it up to me?" Harper asked, her voice barely a whisper.

"Your stationary, inks, and sweets have always been well stocked since school started," George smiled, "I know those things might seem insignificant, but if you give me more time, I'll keep trying to make up for the past....and well...you know, being a prat when Diggory is just full of himself."

"I know that but really....my mind is too much for me most times," averting her gaze as she put the gift down on the bench. "Now would be a perfect moment to call it-"

"Harper. I'm telling you, I fancied you before I knew and I fancy you now. Please stop doubting it," George leaned forward, Harper felt her breathing hitch slightly as the space closed in.

"I hate when you use my proper name," Harper muttered, feeling her face flush.

George chuckled, leaning in closer, "but it gets my point across when I do." Harper rolled her eyes, shaking her head in response before kissing his cheek.

"You missed, Harpsichord," George chuckled.

Harper rolled her eyes, chuckling as she wrapped her arms around his neck, noticing George's breathing hitch slightly as his eyes flitted to her lips. "What? Lost your nerve, Weasley?"

George smirked, leaning forward as he pressed his lips on hers. Harper felt sparks on her lips, her heart doing flips as they sat there while the world around disappeared. She felt him pull her closer toward him, deepening the kiss after sometime. When they broke apart, she couldn't help giggling, her face bright red, George rested his forehead on hers as they caught their breath.

"I never lose my nerve, Nonemacker," George breathed.

Harper giggled, prodding her nose against his as she grinned, George's arms securely around her waist as she tried to close any gaps between them. Enjoying this moment.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

8.6K 185 42
Time, curious time Gave me no compasses, gave me no signs Were there clues I didn't see? And isn't it just so pretty to think All along there was som...
44.7K 1.5K 35
George Weasley x Original Character When Olivia joins Hogwarts in her fourth year it takes a while for her to settle in, the chemistry between her an...
13K 441 43
⚠️ ABANDONED ⚠️ "Somehow, whenever I'm with you, its like I'm closer to the stars." ... WARNING: this story DOES NOT contain actual smut or sexual...
122K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...