13 Reasons Why Hannah Baker L...

By espinosa1989

What if Hannah Baker survived her attempt? What would that world look like? In this world, she survives her a... More

Chapter 1: October 9th, 2017
Chapter 2: The Tapes
Chapter 3: Paying The Price
Chapter 4: Sooner Or Later, The Truth Will Come Out!
Chapter 5: Free Solo
Chapter 6: Tape 9
Chapter 7: The Stop Sign
Chapter 8: Clay's Tape
Chapter 9: The Confrontation
Chapter 10: It Has To Get Better
Chapter 11: The Trial Begins & The 1st Polaroid
Chapter 12: The Hallucination
Chapter 13: Jessica's Testimony
Chapter 14: The 2nd Polaroid
Chapter 15: Hannah's Poems
Chapter 16: The Secret Relationship
Chapter 17: Clay Testifies
Chapter 18: The Tapes Are Out
Chapter 19: Porter's Testimony
Chapter 20: The Clubhouse
Chapter 21: Bryce & ChlΓΆe
Chapter 22: Awakening
Chapter 23: Confronting Monty
Chapter 24: The Verdict
Chapter 25: The Sentencing
Chapter 26: The Aftermath Of The Trial
Chapter 27: Spring Fling
Chapter 28: The New Girl
Chapter 29: The Disappearance of Bryce Walker
Chapter 30: Jessica's Speech
Chapter 31: The Truth About ChlΓΆe
Chapter 32: Student Body President Jessica Davis
Chapter 33: Bryce Walker Is Dead
Chapter 34: Tyler
Chapter 35: Tyler's Gun
Chapter 36: The Problem With Alex Standall
Chapter 37: The Funeral
Chapter 38: There Are A Number Of Problems With Clay Jensen
Chapter 39: Return of the Counselor
Chapter 40: The Problem With Justin
Chapter 41: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.1
Chapter 42: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.2
Chapter 43: What Does Charlie Know?
Chapter 44: I'm A Survivor
Chapter 45: Homecoming
Chapter 46: Let The Dead Bury The Dead
Chapter 47: It's Not Supposed To Be Easy For People Like Us
Chapter 49: Sanderson University
Chapter 50: The Mysterious Caller
Chapter 51: Love Is Love
Chapter 52: The Legend of Burnham Woods
Chapter 53: Find Your Drink
Chapter 54: Is It A Drill? Part 1
Chapter 55: Is It A Drill? Part 2
Chapter 56: The Session
Chapter 57: Tyler's Deal
Chapter 58: Gordon Lightfoot
Chapter 59: The Walkout & The Riot
Chapter 60: Prom Part 1
Chapter 61: Prom Part 2
Chapter 62: The Finals Days Of Justin Foley
Chapter 63: Justin's Funeral
Chapter 64: The Return Of The Tapes
Chapter 65: Graduation
Chapter 66: Goodbye
Chapter 67: 20 Years Later
Chapter 68: The Reason Why I'm Still Going

Chapter 48: SRO

47 1 0
By espinosa1989

It's been a whole month since Bryce Walker & Montgomery de la Cruz have died. The murder charges on Clay have since been dropped and Monty was charged with Bryce's murder to go along with Tyler's assault. Except, Monty didn't do it. Alex did. We all framed Monty just to save not only Alex, but Clay & Jessica as well. Jessica witnessed Alex pushing Bryce off the pier and everyone thought Clay did it because he hated Bryce. Now we're all accessory to murder because we covered it up for Alex. I hated that we had to do that. What was even worse was the impact it had on Monty's family. Like the fact that I did not know that he has a sister and she goes to Liberty, which I also didn't know. Her name is Estella. After Monty's death, she took time off from school to grief her brother. Plus, maybe it was best she took time off because everyone has been taking about Monty. Clay & Ani are now dating. Clay forgave her for fucking Bryce but I haven't. Now all I have to is tolerate her presence whenever she with us. Jessica may not have forgiven Ani, but they still hang out. Jessica told me that I may not have to forgive her, but she's still our friend. She's not my friend, not anymore. At least she's leaving Evergreen County. Oh, did I forget to mention that before? Yeah, she's moving to Oakland with her mother now that Harrison Chatham passed away. Talk about tragedy for Nora Walker. First she lost her son, then she loses her father on Thanksgiving. It sucks. With Bryce's grandfather now gone, Ani's mom has already picked up a new patient in Oakland. According to Jessica, Ani hasn't told Clay yet. That's gonna be quite a conversation. As for everyone else, not everyone is doing fine. Zach has been dealing with Bryce's death real hard. He's still blaming himself for it. He feels like he failed Alex because by beating up Bryce, it gave Alex the chance to do it. He's been drinking, a lot. Tony is still trying to get his family back in the country, the legal way. We've all gotten real close to Charlie St. George. Turns out, he's really a nice guy once you get to know him. He also knows about Spring Fling, Tyler decided to tell him. As for Justin, he decided to go to rehab. His addiction was worse after Bryce's death. Hopefully he's doing better now. As for the Bryce that's in my head... I haven't seen him since Thanksgiving. I told Dr. Ellman about it and he thinks that I might've gotten over him now that he's gone. After listening to that tape that he made, maybe Dr. Ellman is right.

(Phone Vibrating)

My phone is vibrates as I pick it up and answer it.

Hannah Baker: Hello.

Justin Foley: Hannah.

Hannah Baker: Justin?

Justin Foley: Get dressed, we're coming to pick you up.

Hannah Baker: Pick me up? Are you out of rehab?

Justin Foley: Monty's alive.

What? How's this possible? We were told that he was killed in jail. Justin & Clay came to pick me up and we went to Evergreen County Jail to see if it's true. The 3 of us are the visitor's area and... Oh, my god! It's true. Monty is alive. A guard brings him to the visitor's area in chains as he sits with us.

Monty de la Cruz: What? What the fuck do you want?

Clay Jensen: Monty, we're sorry. We didn't think this would happen.

Hannah Baker: We thought... we thought you were dead.

Clay Jensen: We didn't think that...

Monty de la Cruz: You wanted to clear your name? So you set me up for murder?

Justin Foley: We were trying to protect someone else. We thought you were gone.

Monty de la Cruz: They carried me out like I was, but, you know, 200 stitches and a few surgeries, and here I am.

Hannah Baker: We can work this out.

Monty de la Cruz: No, we can't fucking work it out! I'm going away for life. What the fuck are we going to work out?

Clay Jensen: Well, there'll be a trial, and we can testify...

Monty de la Cruz: Guys like me, they don't get trials. And what about Bryce?

Clay Jensen: What about Bryce?

Monty de la Cruz: How does he get justice?

Clay Jensen: Bryce hurt a lot of people.

Monty de la Cruz: Yeah, and you're no better than he is. You fuck with whoever you want, ruin people's lives.

Clay Jensen: Bryce was a fucking rapist, and so were you.

Monty just chuckles evilly at Clay as he jumps over the table and tackles him down and punches him... Only for me to wake up in my bed.

Hannah Baker: Clay!

I look around the room and I only see Bridgette sleeping in her bed. It was only a nightmare.

It's Christmas Eve and today is the day Justin Foley returns from rehab. Things haven't been good for Clay Jensen since the deaths of Bryce Walker & Montgomery de la Cruz. Clay had the same nightmare Hannah just had. His mental health was beginning to take a toll on him. He's in the kitchen eating breakfast with parents...

Laine Jensen: (Sighs) Clay, honey, um, you sure you don't want to come with us to the facility today? Might be fun.

Clay Jensen: When is anything called a facility ever fun? (Chuckles)

Matt Jensen: Justin might like to see you.

Clay Jensen: Mm. I'll see him at home... at the party.

Clay and his friends have planned a welcome back party for Justin.

Laine Jensen: Clay, your, um, 1st semester grades came in yesterday.

Clay Jensen: How do you have my grades?

Laine Jensen: The school email. As always.

Clay Jensen: Oh. Right. I didn't... I didn't do too well on my finals.

Matt Jensen: Which is understandable.

Laine Jensen: We're going to talk to the school.

Clay Jensen: No!

Laine Jensen: We're going to talk to them about some allowances for what you've been through, but... (Sighs) ...Clay, you need to be thinking about college. Have you finished your apps? (Voice distorts) We just want you to feel like you can come to us for anything, but if you don't feel like you can come to us for anything, then I think we need to start thinking about starting up again with Dr. Ellman.

Clay could barely hear what his mother was saying as voice was distorting in his mind as he snaps out of it when he hear a glass shatter.

Matt Jensen: Shit! Sorry.

Clay's dad accidently broke a glass cup on the kitchen sink.

Laine Jensen: So, Clay, what do you think?

Clay Jensen: (Stutters) About what?

Laine Jensen: About seeing Dr. Ellman. It helped Hannah very much when she started going.

Clay Jensen: Um... I don't know.

Clay takes his plate, without even finishing and places it in the sink. He sees the broken cup as he takes a shard and begins to cut his own thumb. He stops when he feels his phone vibrating and he takes it out and sees that Tyler is calling him. Clay goes outside to answer.

Clay Jensen: Hey, Tyler. What? Did they say why? OK, hey, just listen. Just calm down, breathe, sit tight, and give me a few minutes.

Ani arrives to the outhouse as she sees that the place is a mess, which usually isn't. Clay enters the outhouse as he is greeted by his girlfriend.

Ani Achola: Hey!

Clay Jensen: Hey, you're early.

Ani Achola: Nice to see you as well.

Ani give her boyfriend a kiss as he then just stops.

Clay Jensen: What is it?

Ani Achola: I was... I was hoping we could talk about... us and everything.

Clay Jensen: OK, I gotta go. I... I'm... Tyler got called in to talk to the sheriff.

Ani Achola: What the fuck?

Clay Jensen: He's alone at home. His parents don't know. I gotta drive him.

Ani Achola: Does he think it's about Bryce?

Clay Jensen: He doesn't know.

Ani Achola: I'm coming with you.

Clay Jensen: No. You should stay and help Jess & Hannah set up for the party, or Jess will freak out.

Ani Achola: OK, are you freaking out?

Clay Jensen: No, I'm good. I'm... I'm totally good.

Ani Achola: Clay, look at me. Look at me. Clay. This will be fine.

Clay Jensen: Yeah. No, I know. I got this. I do need a favor from you & Hannah.

Ani Achola: What's that?

Clay Jensen: Try not to kill each other.

Ani Achola: Oh, very funny.

Clay went to pick up Tyler from his house and took him to the police station. They arrive to the station as they're both afraid as to why Tyler was called in.

Clay Jensen: All right, just be calm so you can think clearly. If it gets rough, you stop them, ask for a lawyer, and call me.

Tyler Down: All right. Yeah, got it. (Inhales, Exhales Deeply] Will you wait?

Clay Jensen: Of course.

Tyler Down: OK.

Tyler opens the passenger door but begins to panic.

Tyler Down: (Sighs) Man, I thought this was over.

Clay Jensen: Me too.

Tyler Down: Clay, why is this happening now?

Clay Jensen: I'm not sure... but it's gonna be fine, OK? You trust me, right?

Tyler Down: Always. (Sighs, Inhales, Exhales Deeply) OK.

Tyler gets out of Clay's car and head inside to the police station.

Me & Jessica both arrive at the same time at the Jensens. We ran into Mr. & Mrs. Jensen as they were making their way out to pick up Justin. Jess couldn't wait for Justin to get back. I also promised Clay that I wouldn't start shit up with Ani, for Justin's sake. Once we entered the outhouse, we couldn't believe what we've walked into. The place is a mess. Clay couldn't bother to clean up the place before we got here? At least Justin's side is clean. Me & Jess helped Ani out with cleaning.

Hannah Baker: Clay is going to owe us big time.

Jessica Davis: It smells like an ass wore shoes in here.

Hannah Baker: Like, ass shoes on a dead animal.

Jessica Davis: Is Clay all right?

Ani Achola: Yeah... Yeah, he's fine. Stellar.

Jessica Davis: Do you love him, or are you just taking care of him?

Ani Achola: Uh, don't we take care of the people that we love? I mean, he's been going through a lot.

Hannah Baker: So I take it you haven't told him about Oakland.

Ani Achola: Um... (Sighs) Not yet. I was meant to tell him today, but we don't move until after Christmas, so...

Jessica Davis: You've known for a week, and you knew once you told him, he'd go all Clay cray. Clay-zy. No, I like Clay cray.

Hannah Baker: (Giggling) Clay cray?

Jessica Davis: When he goes nuts.

Ani Achla: OK, no. Look. Honestly, I was gonna tell him just now, but... well, he had to take care of something.

Hannah Baker: Something?

Jessica Davis: What, something about Justin?

Ani Achola: No. All's good there. He's still due home at 4, so breathe.

What could be so important than helping out for Justin's party?

While waiting for Tyler at the police station, Clay begins to hallucinate Monty. Monty's hallucination begins to taunt Clay, which makes him panic. The hallucination stops suddenly as Monty is gone. Tyler then returns with concerning news, the police have found the bag of guns in the river. But Tyler tells the the cops that he bought the guns but they were stolen from him and that both Sheriff Diaz & Deputy Standall believe him.

For 1 hour, 1 HOUR, we cleaned up the outhouse. Thankfully, Alex & Tony showed up with the snacks and did all the cleaning while us girls began putting up the decorations. Charlie then showed up for the party and brought cookies. An half hour later, we hear a car pulling up.

Jessica Davis: Car coming. Justin's here. Come on, everyone, under the banner. Let's go.

Jess was rushing all of us to get under a "Welcome Home" banner before Justin comes in.

Jessica Davis: Jesus Christ, how fucking hard is it? Under the banner. Let's go. Hey, fucking smile, OK?

The door opens and he's... Oh, it's just Clay & Tyler.

Clay Jensen: Um... Hi.

Jessica Davis: Fuck's sake. Where's the cake?

Clay Jensen: Um...I still need to get it.

Jessica Davis: All right, stand down.

We now hear another car pulling in.

Jessica Davis: He's here! Everyone under the damn banner. Come on. Smile!

We all go back under the banner as we see the door open.

Everyone: Welcome home!

Zach Dempsey: Oh, I'm home! (Mock Shooting Sounds) No, I'm just kidding. It's for Justin, I know.

It was Zach this time and he looks drunk.

Jessica Davis: You're late.

Zack Dempsey: I know.

Hannah Baker: Are you drunk?

Zach Dempsey: I, uh... may have pregamed. Yes.

Jessica Davis: Oh, my God. What the fuck is wrong with you? This is a dry party for a sober person. Hey, get some mouthwash or something. Come on.

Zach Dempsey: Oh, cookies!

Zach grabs one of Charlie's cookies.

Charlie St. George: Chili powder, secret ingredient.

Zach Dempsey: Oh, so fucking good.

The door opens...

Laine Jensen: We're here!

And this time, it's Clay's parents with Justin. We start applauding for Justin and welcoming him back.

Zach Dempsey: Yeah! Welcome home!

Clay goes up to Justin to welcome him back.

Clay Jensen: Hey, um... welcome home. (Chuckles)

Justin Foley: Thanks.

Clay welcomes back Justin as they give each other a hug. After they let go of each other, I give Justin a hug.

Hannah Baker: Welcome back.

Justin Foley: Thanks, Hannah.

Matt Jensen: Hope you kids brought your appetites.

We let go of each other as Mr. Jensen enters the outhouse with 6 boxes of pizzas as he sets it on the table.

Matt Jensen: Dig in!

Laine Jensen: He seems great, right?

Hannah Baker: He looks better than ever.

Clay Jensen: Right.

We all begin eating pizza and mingle with Justin as he tells us how rehab was. He wanted to catch up with everyone. We all tell him how the last month has been. Throughout the day going to the night, I noticed that Tyler had been silent and acting weird.

Hannah Baker: Tony, you've noticed how Tyler has been acting?

Tony Padilla: Yeah, what's up with him?

Hannah Baker: Ani said that the reason Clay left earlier was because something came up.

We both turn towards Clay who was talking with Ani.

Clay Jensen: Let's just talk about it later, OK?

Ani Achola: Are we screwed or not?

Clay Jensen: I don't think so, but if people see us whispering, I don't want to freak everybody out.

We approach them.

Tony Padilla: What the fuck is up with Tyler?

Clay & Ani look at each other.

Hannah Baker: Jesus, what?

We waited till his parent left for Clay to tell us. After Mr. & Mrs. Jensen left, Charlie went to take Tyler home as Clay tells us that the cops called Tyler in to the station. They found the guns. We are so fucked! Some fisherman found them while fishing. The cops traced the bag back to Tyler. According to Clay, Tyler told the cops that his bag was stolen and that Deputy Standall vouched for him. Now we're all freaking out, except for Zach.

Ani Achola: So that's why we had Charlie take Tyler home. Look... I don't think we have much to worry about. Honestly.

Tony Padilla: How do we know he told you the truth about what happened with the cops?

Hannah Baker: Why would he lie?

Jessica Davis: To save himself.

Charlie returned from dropping off Tyler at his house.

Charlie St. George: Yeah, so I got him home safe. He seemed pretty calm.

Hannah Baker: That's good, right?

Tony Padilla: How the fuck is he calm?

Ani Achola: Tyler doesn't want the truth to come out any more than we do. He did the best he could with the cops. All things considered.

Tony Padilla: Let's say he's telling the truth. Just because he thinks he fooled the cops doesn't mean he actually did. What if they're watching him now?

Jessica Davis: What if they're watching all of us?

Charlie St. George: That's what I don't get. Even if the cops didn't believe Tyler about the guns, how does that lead them to us or anything about Bryce?

Tony Padilla: Tyler knows about Bryce. Tyler's in trouble for the guns. Tyler turns all of us in to save himself.

Clay Jensen: He'd never do that.

Jessica Davis: Are you sure?

Charlie St. George: Tyler called Clay when he needed help. I think we can trust him.

Jessica Davis: Thanks, Cookies, but it's not that fucking simple. Some of us are accessories after the fact to murder.

Charlie St. George: Hey, I planted evidence. I'm an accessory.

Hannah Baker: We all are.

Alex Standall: Not me.

Charlie St. George: Alex, you know Tyler wouldn't want to hurt you, right? Or any of us.

Tony Padilla: With all due respect, you don't know him well enough to say that.

Charlie St. George: Actually, I feel like I do. I mean, us 3, we've been hanging out, like, every night. He's our friend.

Alex Standall: I believe Tyler.

Hannah Baker: So does that mean that we do nothing?

Zach Dempsey: There's nothing we can do. So I say fuck it. Just let it play out. (Inhales deeply) It's out of our hands.

Jessica Davis: Jesus, Zach, dry out.

Zach just flips her off.

Tony Padilla: Alex, you could talk to your dad. Get a feel for whether or not the cops actually bought Tyler's story.

Alex Standall: I could try.

Clay Jensen: You guys, stop. We can't suddenly be going around asking questions.

Ani Achola: Clay's right, we have to act normal.

Clay Jensen: Everyone just needs to stay calm, keep their shit together, and do not do anything stupid. Look, Ani and I, we'll handle this.

The party was pretty much over. Everyone went home. Justin exits the bathroom as it's just him & Jessica alone in the outhouse.

Jessica Davis: Hey.

Justin Foley: Hey. Where's Clay?

Jessica Davis: We have a new system. Kind of like a sock on the door type of thing. So I can finally do this.

Jessica begins to kiss Justin, only for him to stop her.

Justin Foley: Jess, wait.

Jessica Davis: Wait? What do you think I've been doing for the last month?

Justin Foley: But I can't... do this. I... I can't be in a relationship.

Jessica Davis: You're not serious.

Justin Foley: I have to make myself... (Sighs) my... my sobriety... the priority right now.

Jessica Davis: It can be my priority too. I can help you. We can figure this out together.

Justin Foley: It doesn't work like that. This, us... it's not good for me.

Jessica Davis: I'm not good for you?

Justin Foley: This isn't about you. It's about me.

Jessica Davis: Kind of always is, isn't it?

Justin Foley: I'm sorry. OK.

Tears began coming down from both Jessica's & Justin's eyes.

Jessica Davis: Merry Christmas.

Jessica leaves as both of them begin to cry. Justin begins to hate himself as he breaks down. The next day, it's Christmas Day. Sheriff Diaz goes through the Bryce Walker murder investigation and notices there's no tape for Ani's interrogation, which Deputy Standall oversaw. There's only a written statement which the Sheriff begins to get suspicious. Winston Williams has been expelled from Hillcrest as a result of Brian Chu getting busted for hacking into the Hillcrest servers and ratted out everyone he had business with for cheating on their exams including Winston. Winston talked with his mother about wanting to transfer to Liberty. Despite his mother's concerns for Liberty being "not the best.", Winston denies the concerns and says he'll be fine and that there are a few people he "knows" there.

It's Christmas Day. This is my first Christmas in over 2 years because I was in a coma last year. I wake up and thank the lord for giving me a 2nd chance at life. My dad, Valerie, & Bridgette also woke up with Bridgette being excited. We opened all of our presents. Got a nice sweater, a gift card to JC Penny, and other nice thing. But then there was 1 present left for both me & Bridgette. They were from our parents. We open them up and...

Hannah Baker: What? Are these the new iphones?

Bridgette: Wow!

Valerie: Merry Christmas.

Andy Baker: Merry Christmas. Bridgette's is from me & Val, while Hannah's phone is from me & Olivia.

Hannah Baker: Mom pitched in?

Andy Baker: Yeah.

Valerie: A Mac Genius pre-loaded them with all the hot apps.

I immediately open it up and mess around with the features.

Hannah Baker: This is awesome.

Bridgette: Thank you.

Hannah Baker: Yeah, thanks you guys.

Me & Bridgette both go up to them and we give them a nice big hug.

Meanwhile at the Jensen home, Clay & Justin have opened up their presents as they're now each opening one last present.

Justin Foley: Holy shit! Sorry, but these are the brand-new ones!

Clay & Justin both also got the new iPhones.

Laine Jensen: (Giggles) Pre-loaded with all the hot apps. I had a Mac Genius help me.

Matt Jensen: Merry Christmas.

Justin Foley: Thank you, guys. Merry Christmas.

Clay Jensen: You guys really went all-out.

Matt Jensen: Well, it was Justin's first holiday with us, so...

Laine Jensen: And now we're broke, so that's it till college.

Matt Jensen: Actually, there is one more... thing.

Matt reaches out for another present that he had hidden as Laine acts surprised.

Laine Jensen: Honey, we were on a budget.

Matt Jensen: Oh, I know, this is just a little surprise. Go on.

Matt hands it over to Justin as he opens it up. It was a family portrait of the 4 of them.

Clay Jensen: Oh, is this the picture we took on Thanksgiving?

Matt Jensen: Yeah, it turned out pretty good, right? Given everything.

Justin Foley: Uh, I love it. (Chuckles)

Laine Jensen: As requested, a picture of the 4 of us.

Matt Jensen: Well, let's go find a place to put it.

The 4 of them stand up as they head over to the living room to set the potrait. As they were making their way to the living room, Clay begins to have a panic attack. Matt & Laine didn't noticed, but Justin turns to see that Clay is not looking too good.

Justin Foley: (Echoing) Hey, you OK?

The panic attack stops as Clay manages to snap out of it.

Clay Jensen: (Pants) Yeah, no, I'm fine. I, um... I think I just stood up too fast.

Later that night, Ani & Jessica hang out as Ani still hasn't told Clay that she's moving. Jessica came up with a idea to keep Ani from moving. Her idea: Asking Ani to move in with her. Ani agreed to the idea, but she would have to talk to her mother about it.

This has been such a great Christmas. I FaceTime with my mom and thanked her for the new phone. I talked to Jess to see how her Christmas went. She tells me that she invited Ani to move in with her instead of going to Oakland with her mother. That way she can stay and finished the rest of the school year and graduate at Liberty. If I were Ani, I move away. Not because I'm pissed at her, but because everything that's happened in the last 2 years. That's why I can't wait to move to New York and never come back here. Well, except to visit my dad. My old phone begins to ring as I pick it up to see who's calling. It's Clay.

Hannah Baker: Merry Christmas, Helmet.

Clay Jensen: Merry Christmas, Hannah.

Hannah Baker: Soooo, how was your Christmas?

Clay Jensen: It was great. My parents got both me & Justin the new iphone.

Hannah Baker: Really, me too. Both me & Bridgette.

Clay Jensen: What are the odds?

Hannah Baker: Yeah.

Clay Jensen: Listen, can I ask you something?

Hannah Baker: Sure.

Clay Jensen: (Sighs) You're sessions with Dr. Ellman.

Hannah Baker: What about them?

Clay Jensen: How helpful have they been to you since you started going?

Hannah Baker: Oh, well... It was though at first. Having to talk about everything: Bryce, the tapes, my attempt. But once I started working with Caleb & Tony, the sessions got better. He's really good. Thanks once again for recommending him. Why do you ask?

Clay Jensen: Do you think I should go back to seeing Dr. Ellman?

Hannah Baker: Where is this coming from?

Clay Jensen: After what happened over the past month, with Bryce... My mom thinks I should go see him again.

Hannah Baker: Clay... are you okay?

Clay Jensen: Yeah, yeah. It's just... my grades have been slipping and I didn't do so good on my finals. Justin said that he talked about Bryce in rehab and it helped him with his recovery. So...

Hannah Baker: Helmet, if you feel you should go see Dr. Ellman, you should do it. After what you went through, I think it's a good idea. You should've done that since last Spring after you showed up at the Walkers with a gun & after what happened at Spring Fling.

Clay Jensen: You're right. I think I'll do it. Thanks, Hannah.

Hannah Baker: Anytime, Helmet.

Clay Jensen: One more thing.

Hannah Baker: Yeah?

Clay Jensen: Do you still think about the Winter Formal? 2 Years ago?

Hannah Baker: I always do. Why?

Clay Jensen: No reason. Just wanted know. Merry Christmas.

Hannah Baker: Merry Christmas.

We both hang up. Why would he ask me about Winter Formal? It's now a New Year. It's 2019. These are our final 5 months at Liberty. My final months living here in Evergreen County. Ani, Jess, & Mr. Davis managed to talk Ani's mom into letting Ani stay with Jess. Now everyone is happy. The only thing left to do to put everything behind is to burn the copy of Bryce's tape. Jessica & Ani came to pick me up as we all went to a camping area. Once we arrived, I was amazed to how beautiful the area looked. We all started walking as we went up to some steps.

Jessica Davis: It'll be fucking great. I'm so sick of boys. I mean, for me. You and Clay, that's great.

Hannah Baker: And now you don't have to do the long-distance. Huge relief, right?

Ani Achola: No, right, that's... huge.

Jessica Davis: You won't even have to tell him that you were gonna leave.

We make our way to the top as approach a fire pit as Ani looks around confused.

Ani Achola: Sorry, um... where are we exactly?

Jessica Davis: Oh, Dad used to take us here for cookouts.

Ani Achola: And we're here now because...

Jessica Davis: To deal with this.

Jessica takes out Bryce's tape from her jacket.

Ani Achola: Is that Bryce's?

Jessica Davis: Last remaining copy in the wild.

Jess takes the tape out from the case and begins to scramble it up.

Ani Achola: Jess, what are you doing?

Hannah Baker: We're starting a fire.

Ani Achola: Are you sure? It's his last words.

Jessica Davis: Did you want to hear them again?

Hannah Baker: Yeah, Ani. Do you?

Ani Achola: No. No, of course not.

Ani just sighs as she looks away. She saw how I was mad dogging her. She knows that I'm still mad at her. Jessica then tosses the tape in the pit, takes out her lighter and burns it. We just watch as the tape burns. Jessica then takes out a flask and offers us a drink.

Jessica Davis: Toast? To Bryce?

Ani Achola: No, thank you.

Hannah Baker: I'm good.

Jessica takes sip from her flask.

Jessica Davis: You wanted to leave, didn't you? To get away from all of this?

Hannah Baker: I wouldn't blame you. I too would want get the fuck out of here if I had the chance.

Ani Achola: I didn't want to.

Ani takes a seat on one of the benches.

Hannah Baker: Then why didn't you tell anyone?

Ani Achola: I told you both.

As Hannah & Jessica watches the tape burn, Jessica looks straight ahead and she sees Bryce standing there with his Hillcrest letterman jacket as she shrieks & sobs

Hannah Baker: Jess!

Ani Achola: Jessica.

Jessica was freaking out.

Jessica Davis: (Pants) Oh, fuck!

Hannah Baker: Are you okay?

Jessica Davis: (Pants) Yeah, I'm good.

Me & Ani both look at where she was looking at and nothing was there. But the way she was freaking out, I've seen that look before. I've had that look, whenever I was with Clay and Bryce appeared. I didn't bother asking because I get it.

1 Week Later

Winter break was over and it was time to return to school. Ugh. Just 5 more months. As much as I hate coming back, we didn't stop thinking about Tyler. Me, Jessica, Ani, Clay & Justin arrive at the same time as we make our way in.

Ani Achola: Hey.

Clay Jensen: Hey.

Justin & Jessica awkwardly try not to look at each other. Jessica told me about their break up. I didn't understand why he would break up with her, she could help him with his recovery.

Jessica Davis: So, everything still good? With Tyler?

Clay Jensen: Yeah. I spoke to him every day over break. Story hasn't changed.

Hannah Baker: What does Alex say? Does his dad think that...

We stop as we see a crowd gather up just to enter the school.

Jessica Davis: What the hell?

We lined up as we slowly make our way in. Once we made it to the doorway, we see that the school has a metal detector.

Guard: All right. Go ahead, step through. Backpacks on the table, please.

Hannah Baker: What the actual fuck?

Guard: Keep coming.

Clay Jensen: Don't lose your shit.

Jessica Davis: Well, I haven't lost it yet, have I?

Guard: Have your backpacks off.

Ani & Justin went through first with no problem. Then it was my turn. I take off my backpack and cross the metal detector, my backpack was scanned and I was cleared. I pick up my backpack as it was Jessica's turn to go through. She crosses the metal detector with her bag and the detector go off.

Guard: Backpack on the table.

Jessica Davis: Knock yourself out.

Jessica wasn't having it as she toss her bag on the table. A guard scans her bag and it's cleared. Now they scan her as the scanner beeps rapidly, much to Jess' displeasure.

Guard: Please step aside for a screening.

Jessica Davis: It's probably the metal wire in my bra.

Guard: We'll see. Step aside for a pat-down.

Jessica Davis: I sure as shit hope you have a female officer to do it, 'cause you and your boys aren't putting that anywhere near my body.

Guard: Young lady, step aside now.

Jessica Davis: (Chuckles Lightly) Whatever.

Jessica grabs her bag and just walks away.

Guard: Hey! Get back here!

The guard goes after Jessica as she just continues walking away. We just stood there and just watched not knowing what to think. But why do they have metal detectors, and why now? Especially after Tyler spoke to them. Clay was freaking out as we were walking through the hallway.

Clay Jensen: Think it's a coincidence the school installed metal detectors less than 2 weeks after the cops talked to Tyler?

Hannah Baker: I say it's a hell a coincidence.

Ani Achola: Bureaucracies don't move that fast, like, ever.

Clay Jensen: They know. They have to know.

Ani Achola: Yeah, or the school's just covering it's arse after being ground zero for a high-profile murder investigation.

Hannah Baker: Plus, Spring Fling, The Clubhouse, what happened to Tyler. And they waited til now?

They stop as Hannah walks towards her class.

Ani Achola: Just take your own advice: stay calm.

Ani kisses Clay as they go their separate ways to their respective classes. Jessica went to speak to Principal Bolan about the guards. Jessica complained about not being any female guards for the female students. Bolan agreed with Jessica which surprised her. Bolan asked Jessica for her input into the new measures that the school is taking. Bolan asked Jessica if she can tell her the truth in confidence if there's anything that she's worried about.

It's lunch time and it's now time for the future fair. They changed it from college fair. According to Clay, they changed the name because there's this new thing that not all kids should go to college, and they threw in, like, clubs and firemen just so no one felt left out. He kinda has a point. And they even moved it from the gym to the cafeteria. H.O. has a booth set up as me & Jess sit on the booth hoping to get new member. Ani joins us as Jessica told us about her meeting with Bolan.

Ani Achola: So Bolan didn't reprimand you?

Hannah Baker: He just wanted a chat?

Jessica Davis: Crazy, right?

Ani Achola: What, and he didn't ask you for anything or to do anything? Or not do?

Jessica Davis: No. Nothing.

Hannah Baker: That's weird.

It really was. Whenever Jessica or Clay did something last year, Bolan would punish them.

Jessica Davis: Good turnout this year, right?

Ani Achola: Is it? (Scoffs)

Hannah Baker: Why did they moved it from the gym to the cafeteria? Did they do that last year?

Jessica Davis: No, it was in the gym last year. Just like the year before.

Ani looks around is shocked to see Winston Williams in Liberty.

Ani Achola: I, uh... I'll be right back.

Ani gets up and runs off.

Hannah Baker: Where are you going?

Jessica Davis: Ani!

As Ani runs off, she passes by someone we weren't expecting to come to our booth.

Estella de la Cruz: Hi, um, I'm Estella.

Jessica Davis: We know who you are.

Hannah Baker: We're sorry for your loss.

Estella de la Cruz: Thank you for that. I just wanted to say I really admire what you're doing. Trying to change the culture of the school?

Jessica Davis: Oh... thanks.

Estella de la Cruz: I know both of you been through some shit, and you're both so strong. I guess I'm just asking if I can join H.O.

Hannah Baker: You want to join H.O.?

Estella de la Cruz: And I know because of everything, it's really complicated, but I'd like to join, if that's OK with you?

Jessica Davis: Of course. Of course you can join. It's a safe space for everyone.

Estella de la Cruz: Thanks.

Estella signs her name as she officially joins Hands Off Our Bodies. I really do feel bad for her. I've been hearing whispers about her all day. I know how that feels, personally. But not like the way she's experiencing it.

As Ani was looking around for Winston as he's wondering around the booths. Passing by Zach who was checking out the Air Force booth that Jessica's dad was hosting & Tony who was talking with Dr. Singh about Tony possibly going to community college. Ani spots Winston as she follows him to the yearbook club where he meets Tyler. Winston begins to check out the cameras that Tyler had displayed.

Winston Williams: Not too bad, but I'm kind of a Nikon Nazi, and all you got here are 5Ds, so... I don't really think I could partake. Sorry.

Tyler Down: OK.

Winston Williams: (Chuckles) I'm kidding.

Tyler chuckles at Winston's little joke.

Winston Williams: Hey, you were at the homecoming game, right? November? God, I was there for Hillcrest yearbook.

Tyler Down: Oh, yeah, right. I thought I recognized you. It's, um... Winston, right?

Winston Williams: Yeah. Pretty wild night, right?

Tyler Down: Yeah.

Winston Williams: I'm sure you got some good stuff.

Ani now approaches them.

Tyler Down: Hey, Ani!

Ani Achola: Hey. Uh...

Tyler Down: Sorry. Winston, this is my friend Ani. Ani, Winston.

Ani Achola: Yes, we just met, actually.

Winston Williams: Hey, Ani.

Ani Achola: Winston, you wanted me to introduce you to the Mathletes?

Winston Williams: Right, sure. Yeah. (Chuckles) Catch you around.

Ani takes Winston somewhere they could talk as Clay sees them from the robotics club booth. He was shocked to see him at Liberty.

Ani Achola: What do you mean you go here now?

Winston Williams: I transferred.

Ani Achola: Why?

Winston Williams: I got expelled. That kid Bryan Chu got caught hacking the school servers and ratted us all out to save his sorry little ass, so... bye-bye, Hillcrest and Princeton.

Ani Achola: Shit.

Winston Williams: It's kind of a relief, really. Getting caught. I don't have to live with that secret anymore, you know? That shit can kill you. (Sighs) Besides, I think it's growing on me. Liberty. I think I could make a future for myself here.

Winston goes back to looking at the booths as Ani takes Clay outside as she tells him about Winston being Monty's alibi from Homecoming night as they both sit on a bench.

Ani Achola: We can contain this. Nobody here even knows who Winston is.

Clay Jensen: Except Alex.

Ani Achola: Who we absolutely shouldn't tell.

Clay Jensen: I don't get it. Monty beat the shit out of him. Why would Winston go back?

Ani Achola: Fuck if I know. Why would Jess go back with Justin? All I know is that they were together that night.

Clay Jensen: So then, why hasn't he done anything yet? Why aren't we all in jail already?

Ani Achola: Maybe he doesn't have any proof.

Clay Jensen: Maybe that's why he's here. To get proof. (Sighs) And you said everything was handled.

Ani Achola: You said that Tyler's guns were handled.

Clay Jensen: They are.

Ani Achola: But you don't really believe that, do you?

Clay Jensen: You knew about this since Thanksgiving, and you're telling me now?

Ani Achola: I was hoping it would go away.

Clay Jensen: Why didn't you tell me you were moving to Oakland? What the fuck? Why don't you tell me anything?

Ani Achola: Because you were falling apart. Because you were a fucking mess.

Clay Jensen: Well, I'm fine now. I'm fine.

Clay suddenly sees 3 jocks making their way into the cafeteria. One of those jocks was Monty as he looked and smiled at Clay. Clay couldn't believe it.

Clay Jensen: (Exhales) I, um... I gotta...

Ani Achola: Clay!

Clay panicky gets up and returns to the cafeteria. Clay looks around as he sees the jocks all wearing Monty's jersey except for Charlie St. George. Clay finds Monty as he smiles at Clay, only it wasn't really Monty. Clay hallucinated Monty as it was another jock wearing Monty's jersey. Clay was relived. Estella is sitting at a table all alone as the football players join her.

Luke Holliday: We had 'em made for today.

Luke Holliday & Diego Torres approaches Estella as Luke hands over Monty's jersey to Estella.

Estella de la Cruz: Thanks.

Luke Holliday: No, you gotta put it on.

Estella de la Cruz: Maybe later.

Diego Torres: Come on, Estella. You gotta wear it. It's the only tribute he's gonna get.

Estella de la Cruz: It's sweet, guys, but... I'm just gonna wear it at home.

Diego Torres: No, you gotta wear it now. It's for today.

Charlie St. George: Come on, guys, she doesn't want to wear it.

Charlie approaches them to defend Estella as Clay watches on.

Diego Torres: Of course she wants to wear it. It's her brother. Unlike you, she's sad that he's dead.

Charlie St. George: Yeah, I'm sure she is, but I don't think you get to say how she feels. Or how I feel. So, maybe back off.

Clay couldn't believe that Monty had a sister, which he did not know. Now he really feels guilty for helping to frame Monty for Bryce's murder. A hallucination of Monty pops up behind him.

Monty de la Cruz: That's right. She's my sister.

Clay turns around and Monty was gone.

Charlie St. George: Now back off. All you guys.

Diego Torres: Or what?

Clay couldn't take it anymore as he march down to the table.

Clay Jensen: Fucking take those jerseys off. You're honoring a fucking rapist.

I look over and I see Clay going up to Charlie, Estella, Luke, & Diego Torres.

Hannah Baker: What the fuck is he doing?

Diego Torres: Fuck you, Jensen. He took the fall for you, man. No way did he kill Bryce. Everyone knows that.

Clay Jensen: Bullshit!

Luke goes up to Clay and gets in his face.

Luke Holliday: You're the real criminal.

Clay couldn't take it any more. He begins punching Luke as Diego immediately tackles Clay through a table booth. Justin, Tony, Jessica, Hannah, and the rest of the students all look over to see Diego punching Clay over and over. A guard tries to pull Diego off, put he shoves the guard away as he keeps punching until more guards arrive and stop them.

What the fuck just happened? What was Clay thinking starting that fight. The guards break them apart and send them to the school's office. A little while later, I went to check on Clay as I brought a bottle of water. I enter the office and see Clay sitting down alone while holding a ice pack on his head. I sit down next to him...

Hannah Baker: So much for staying calm.

I give Clay the water bottle I got for him as he takes it.

Clay Jensen: SRO's think they started it. They're getting detention, not me.

The SRO's are what the guards are being called. SRO stands for School Resource Officers.

Hannah Baker: Oh, that's lovely. What happened to not doing anything stupid?

Clay Jensen: (Whispers) You heard what they were saying, that he was innocent, that we covered up Bryce's murder. What if they know?

Hannah Baker: They're just making things up 'cause they don't want to believe Monty would kill Bryce. Clay... what happened?

Clay didn't answered me. He just sat there looking out of it. What happened to you, Clay?

Tyler welcomes Winston to Liberty by giving him a tour of the yearbook room.

Tyler Down: So basically, the darkroom is first come, first served. Um... unless you're on a deadline, and then you get priority. So...

Winston Williams: Dude, these are really good.

Winston goes over to the pictures that Tyler had up for the exhibit he had at Monet's last Thanksgiving.

Winston Williams: For a yearbook layout, or... student leaders?

Tyler Down: No, uh... those are for a thing I did with my friends. For an exhibit.

Winston Williams: You're friends with Ani and Clay?

Tyler Down: Yeah. Wait, do you know them?

Winston Williams: Uh... sort of. Ani showed me around the future fair, and I saw Clay on the news last semester.

Tyler Down: OK, well, don't believe the news, 'cause Clay's a really great guy. I mean, he's always been there for me, and Ani too.

Winston Williams: Is that Hannah Baker?

Winton points to a picture of Hannah that Tyler took.

Tyler Down: Yeah, I'm friends with her, too.

Winston Williams: Sucks what happened to her. I remember hearing about her attempt & her trial. Never got a chance to listen to her tapes. Then I heard about what Bryce Walker did to her.

Tyler Down: I'm one of the reasons why she did it. I was sorry what I did and she forgave me.

Winston Williams: That's good. Forgiveness is the first step to recovery. Hey, could I borrow the last couple of years' yearbooks? I want to get a sense of your style and formatting.

Tyler Down: Yeah, of course.

Tyler hands over Winston copies of Liberty High's yearbooks.

Tyler Down: These are the last couple of ones I've worked on.

Winston Williams: Thanks.

Tyler Down: Of course.

After school, Tony went to Caleb's gym as he received bad news, his appeal for his family's visa has been denied due to insufficient proof of funds. The only way he'll get money is if he goes into pro-am league boxing which Caleb thinks is a bad idea. Later on while eating dinner, Clay's parents asked him the bruises on his face.

Matt Jensen: You expect us to believe you got that from an accident in gym class?

Clay Jensen: I have really bad hand-eye coordination. You know this.

Laine Jensen: Justin, were you present for this sports-related injury?

Clay gives Justin a look asking him to go with it, but Justin couldn't.

Justin Foley: He got in a fight.

Clay Jensen: Dude!

Matt Jensen: Who did you get in a fight with?

Clay Jensen: No one.

Justin Foley: A few guys on the football team.

Laine Jensen: Why?

Clay Jensen: It was nothing, stupid. I don't need anything.

Justin Foley: Really? Nothing? Since when do you start the fight?

Clay just looks at Justin who is giving him a concern look. Clay just gets up and storms off as he walks through to the back, opens it, and now finds himself at Liberty High moving through the hallways as all the students just look at him as they pass by him. Clay takes a turn to a classroom as he opens the door and now finds himself in the baseball field where he is approached by Scott Reed who is happy to see him.

Scott Reed: Clay! Clay!

Clay Jensen: Scott? You... You graduated.

Scott now looks concern for Clay.

Scott Reed: Hey, man, you don't look so good. Come on, let's get you some water.

Scott leads him to the dugout as he makes his way down now finding himself going down to the school's basement and into the headquarters of H.O. where he finds Hannah sitting on a stoll just looking at him.

Hannah Baker: You can't save everyone.

Clay Jensen: You can try.

Hannah Baker: You have to put your own mask on first.

Clay now wakes up realizing that what he just experienced was nothing but a dream. But Clay turns to see Justin sitting on his bed looking at him.

Justin Foley: Dude, you have been... talking in your sleep all night. And screaming. At some point, isn't it, like... enough is enough?

Clay Jensen: What are you trying to be?

Justin Foley: Alive. Not insane. What about you?

It was time for my session with Dr. Ellman. I have been seeing him since May and he's been very helpful. I've talked to him about Bryce since his murder. I will always be grateful to him.

Dr. Ellman: How was your 1st day of school for the new year?

Hannah Baker: (Sighs) Something weird happened. Liberty hire these police guards and installed metal detectors. Who does that?

Dr. Ellman: Well, after what happened with Bryce Walker & Montgomery de la Cruz and then the false alarm at Spring Fling, it makes since. Plus, there was the whole Clubhouse issue.

Hannah Baker: Well, I see your point. Put it seems a little excessive.

Dr. Ellman: They just want you kids to be safe.

Hannah Baker: But why just us? They're not doing it at Hillcrest or East County.

Dr. Ellman: Well, then there's also you.

Hannah Baker: Right. My experience at Liberty may also be a factor to why we have SRO. (Sighs)

Dr. Ellman: Something else on your mind?

Hannah Baker: I'm worried about Clay. I understand that he's coming to see you.

Dr. Ellman: Yes, I'm meeting with him tomorrow.

Hannah Baker: Yeah, he's probably got a lot to say. Mostly about these last 2 years at Liberty. My tapes didn't help. I'm afraid that it may have taken a toll on him. Especially after he was wrongfully accused of murder. We both hated Bryce, but we never wanted him dead.

Dr. Ellman: He did get a gun and went to see Bryce with it.

Hannah Baker: And that was a mistake.

Dr. Ellman: Was it? You think it was a coincidence that you woke up at the same time that happened?

Hannah Baker: I say it was fate. Clay needed me. When I woke up, we were there for each other. Then fucking Bryce kept popping in my head. Because of him, I had to end it with Clay.

Dr. Ellman: Are you still seeing Bryce?

Hannah Baker: No. I haven't seen or heard him in my head since I went to his grave on Thanksgiving.

Dr. Ellman: Have you forgiven him?

Hannah Baker: No. I don't think I will. But... should I?

Dr. Ellman: That's entirely up to you, Hannah. Do you still care about Clay?

Hannah Baker: Yeah.

Dr. Ellman: Do you want to get back with him?

Hannah Baker: It's too late. He's moved on. With the girl who I thought was my friend until she told me & Jessica that she fucked Bryce behind our backs.

Dr. Ellman: Sorry to hear that. Will you ever forgive her?

Hannah Baker: Why should I? Jess hasn't forgiven her for it, but she's still friends with her. She had sex with our rapist! Who the fuck does that?

Hannah tries to hold back tears.

Hannah Baker: (Sniffing) I really thought she was our friend. She helped all of us when we needed it. She helped me, Jessica, Clay, Justin, Tyler, Tony, Zach... She stabbed us in the back. I actually wished she did moved to Oakland with her mother so I don't have to see her face again! But instead, Jessica invited her to move in with her. So she stayed.

I begin to look at my scars.

Dr. Ellman: Do you still think about it?

Hannah Baker: Sometimes. Sometimes I wondered what everything would be like had I not survived. And it scares me. I'm scared that I might do it again.

Dr. Ellman: Not as long as you continue coming here. I'm here for you, Hannah. And so are your friends.

Hannah Baker: And what happens when we graduate and I move to New York? What happens to us then?

For some reason, Zach brought Alex to the roof of a building as he agreed to walk on the ledge of building rooftop with him. Alex almost fell from the roof, but thankfully Zach caught him. They laughed it off. At that moment, out of nowhere Alex kissed him much to Zach's surprise. Zach immediately explains to Alex he was not into guys. After a little bit of awkwardness, Zach swore to Alex that he would always stay by his side. At the police station, Sheriff Diaz was once again watching the surveillance footage of Clay showing up to the Walkers with a gun on his laptop as Deputy Standall is about to leave.

Bill Standall: All right, good night.

Diaz closes his laptop.

Sheriff Diaz: (Clears Throat) Good night. Hey, this Tyler Down kid. You really think he can help us?

Bill Standall: Yeah. Yeah, I do.

What Tyler didn't tell his friends, is that he will be helping the police with with something. Clay decided to book a session with Dr. Ellman. It had been a couple of years since Clay has been to therapy. Clay & Dr. Ellman talked for a while as they discuss about Clay being in control. Clay was telling Dr. Ellman about his dreams.

Clay Jensen: See... I never used to care about my dreams, but... I guess I didn't have dreams about anything that mattered.

Dr. Ellman: What do you mean, "mattered"?

Clay Jensen: Like, related to anything.

Dr. Ellman: What are these dreams related to? Are they related to the panic attacks?

Clay doesn't say anything because all his dreams have been about the last 2 years. Especially when his nightmares have been about Monty lately.

Dr. Ellman: When we first met all those years ago, you were having nightmares.

Clay Jensen: I've had panic attacks, or something like that, since the 4th grade. And I never told anyone, and now... they're getting worse. (Inhales Deeply) And I... I guess that's why I'm here again... to be more in control.

Dr. Ellman: Control. Of?

Clay Jensen: Everything.

Dr. Ellman: Does anyone have control of everything?

Clay Jensen: I guess I mean I just need... I need to be calm.

Dr. Ellman: Do you have reasons not to be?

Clay Jensen: Yeah.

Dr. Ellman: Such as?

Clay Jensen: You know, like, school... (Breathes Deeply) friendships, and parents and...

Dr. Ellman: Are those things you feel the need to control?

Clay Jensen: Yes. No. No. I need... (Sighs) I need to control myself.

Dr. Ellman: Why? What happens if you can't control yourself?

Clay Jensen: Uh... I might... People might get hurt. I might let people down. When I lose control, it's not good. It's ugly. I don't know who catches me if I fall. I don't know who I can trust, and I've done some bad shit.

Dr. Ellman: Why don't you know who you can trust?

Clay Jensen: You know, I mean, 'cause, uh... 'cause it's high school.

Dr. Ellman: That's a very non-specific answer from a very specific young man. Clay, we talked about this when you were in middle school. The body's incredibly intuitive. It will create all kinds of physical stimuli that force you to address a psychological problem. These things you're feeling, they're your mind telling you to pay attention. Are you ready to pay attention?

Clay Jensen: Yes.

After Clay's session with Dr. Ellman, he returns home. He sees his parents with Justin through the front window as they're watching TV. Clay decides to just go the outhouse. As he's making his way to the outhouse, he suddenly hears Bryce's voice.

Bryce Walker: And I didn't care how you felt. Justin tried to stop me. I wish I could tell you that there was a tiny voice in my head telling me that what I was doing to you was wrong, but there wasn't. I never had one of those before. That's not an excuse, it just is.

Clay sees the door open as he slowly opens it and slowly makes his way inside.

Bryce Walker: I raped Hannah Baker. I raped 7 or 8 other girls. Some of them were my girlfriends at the time. I'm broken. I know that. I'm a person in 1,000 pieces, but I'm seeing a counselor.

Clay sees the tape deck is turned on and it was playing Bryce's tape.

Bryce Walker: It's a long, hard process, but... little by little, you start picking up the pieces. And the more pieces you put together, the more you see yourself.

Clay hears footsteps as he turns around and sees someone running out

Clay Jensen: What the...

Clay follows the individual outside, but they were gone. Suddenly, the door closes behind him.

Clay Jensen: What...

Clay panics as he tries to open the door but it was locked. He turns towards the driveway and see 2 people walking away.

Clay Jensen: Hey! Hey! Hey!

Clay follows them all the way down the driveway.

Clay Jensen: Hey, hold up! Hey, what the fuck?

Once the 2 individuals made their way into the light, he sees that it was Bryce Walker & Montgomery de la Cruz walking together side by side. Clay couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Laine Jensen: Clay? Clay!

Clay turns to his house and see his mother as he turns back and they were gone. Clay once again hallucinated.

Laine Jensen: Clay, are you OK?

Clay Jensen: Uh, yeah. Hey, Mom, I'm fine.

Clay then sees a police squad car driving by as he's beginning to think that maybe he's not alright.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 39 18
Montgomery de la Cruz x fem/reader Hannah Baker x sister reader Zack Dempsey x reader thirteen reasons why characters aren't mine except for y/n. t...
251 0 13
Bryce Walker has been murdered! It's been a year since Hannah Baker's death and the boy who assaulted her has been killed. Clay Jensen becomes the pr...
919K 18.7K 88
"Hot chocolate is the cure for all things shitty in life." [I own none of the 13 reasons why characters]
11.4K 73 12
It's all fun and games until someone dies. The deepest and darkest secrets get revealed, lives get ruined, relationships fade. ...