13 Reasons Why Hannah Baker L...

By espinosa1989

What if Hannah Baker survived her attempt? What would that world look like? In this world, she survives her a... More

Chapter 1: October 9th, 2017
Chapter 2: The Tapes
Chapter 3: Paying The Price
Chapter 4: Sooner Or Later, The Truth Will Come Out!
Chapter 5: Free Solo
Chapter 6: Tape 9
Chapter 7: The Stop Sign
Chapter 8: Clay's Tape
Chapter 9: The Confrontation
Chapter 10: It Has To Get Better
Chapter 11: The Trial Begins & The 1st Polaroid
Chapter 12: The Hallucination
Chapter 13: Jessica's Testimony
Chapter 14: The 2nd Polaroid
Chapter 15: Hannah's Poems
Chapter 16: The Secret Relationship
Chapter 17: Clay Testifies
Chapter 18: The Tapes Are Out
Chapter 19: Porter's Testimony
Chapter 20: The Clubhouse
Chapter 21: Bryce & Chlöe
Chapter 22: Awakening
Chapter 23: Confronting Monty
Chapter 24: The Verdict
Chapter 25: The Sentencing
Chapter 26: The Aftermath Of The Trial
Chapter 27: Spring Fling
Chapter 28: The New Girl
Chapter 29: The Disappearance of Bryce Walker
Chapter 30: Jessica's Speech
Chapter 31: The Truth About Chlöe
Chapter 32: Student Body President Jessica Davis
Chapter 33: Bryce Walker Is Dead
Chapter 34: Tyler
Chapter 35: Tyler's Gun
Chapter 36: The Problem With Alex Standall
Chapter 37: The Funeral
Chapter 38: There Are A Number Of Problems With Clay Jensen
Chapter 39: Return of the Counselor
Chapter 40: The Problem With Justin
Chapter 41: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.1
Chapter 42: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.2
Chapter 44: I'm A Survivor
Chapter 45: Homecoming
Chapter 46: Let The Dead Bury The Dead
Chapter 47: It's Not Supposed To Be Easy For People Like Us
Chapter 48: SRO
Chapter 49: Sanderson University
Chapter 50: The Mysterious Caller
Chapter 51: Love Is Love
Chapter 52: The Legend of Burnham Woods
Chapter 53: Find Your Drink
Chapter 54: Is It A Drill? Part 1
Chapter 55: Is It A Drill? Part 2
Chapter 56: The Session
Chapter 57: Tyler's Deal
Chapter 58: Gordon Lightfoot
Chapter 59: The Walkout & The Riot
Chapter 60: Prom Part 1
Chapter 61: Prom Part 2
Chapter 62: The Finals Days Of Justin Foley
Chapter 63: Justin's Funeral
Chapter 64: The Return Of The Tapes
Chapter 65: Graduation
Chapter 66: Goodbye
Chapter 67: 20 Years Later
Chapter 68: The Reason Why I'm Still Going

Chapter 43: What Does Charlie Know?

32 2 0
By espinosa1989

I couldn't get in touch with Clay or Justin last night because the cops were searching their house. They were probably there all night. I've been trying to call Clay all morning, but I'm sure the cops have his phone. He's screwed. And probably my mom as well. She's already on her way back to New York. I would call Clay on his house phone but I don't have their number. I guess I'm gonna have to wait til we see each other at school today. I can't imagine what's going on with the Jensens right now.

Justin Foley: They took both our laptops. Clay's backpack.

Clay Jensen: And my phone.

Lainie Jensen: And what, if anything, will they find on your phone?

Clay Jensen: A text to... to Bryce.

Lainie Jensen: Saying?

Clay Jensen: Saying... saying I wanna kill him. It was after Homecoming and everything, and I came home and I was sitting here and I was mad, that's all. It was just words. And... I deleted them, but...

Lainie Jensen: I will... talk to Dennis this morning, and we will all sit down with him after school. And you talk to no one about those texts. Or anything to do with the case. Either of you.

Matt Jensen: Clay, did Bryce do something to you? Did he... threaten you? Did he say something to you on the field that night?

Clay Jensen: No.

Matt Jensen: Then why the text?

Word has spread about the raid at the Jensen's house. Tony begins to worry that the cops might hit him next after he went to Monet's and the café was also hit by search by the police..

Tony Padilla: I'm telling you, the cops were looking through shit.

Caleb: At Monet's.

Tony Padilla: They hit Clay and Justin's last night, and this morning, they were in the back at Monet's turning everything over.

Caleb: So, they were just looking for anything Justin might've had there.

Tony Padilla: If they hit Monet's, they could come back to the garage. It's only a matter of time.

Caleb: But what can we do?

Tony Padilla: I can sell. I can sell for cash and get the money to my dad.

Caleb: You can't wire that much.

Tony Padilla: I'll drive it down there.

Caleb: Tony, take a breath. They have no reason to look at you again.

Tony Padilla: They have every reason! I lied to Clay & Hannah about seeing Bryce again. You don't think he's gonna give that up?

Caleb: I don't see why he would.

Tony Padilla: Because they're trying to frame him for murder.

Caleb: You don't need to tear up your whole life when nothing bad's happened yet.

Tony Padilla: And when the cops ask you where I was the night Bryce was killed?

Caleb: You were here, asleep, next to me.

Tony Padilla: What if they find out the truth?

Caleb didn't how to respond. Alex is eating breakfast with his parents as he begins to worry about Clay.

Alex Standall: You don't really think it's Clay, do you?

Bill Standall: Can't talk about an ongoing investigation, buddy.

Alex Standall: I know. It's just hard to believe. Is there, like, evidence?

Bill Standall: Buddy!

Alex Standall: Sorry.

Carolyn Standall: It's okay. Clay's a good friend, of course you're worried.

Alex Standall: Yeah, he just... I can't think of how he could do anything like that. I mean, it's just not who he is.

Bill Standall: We don't always know what people are capable of.

Alex Standall: Yeah, I guess.

Bill Standall: So, you and Clay... did you guys spend much time together at the Homecoming game?

Alex Standall: I saw him on the field in the fight. That's about it.

Bill Standall: Mmm. Remind me again what you did after the game, after your mom brought you home.

Alex Standall: Yeah, I was hanging out with Jessica.

Bill Standall: Right. Right, Jessica.

Bill was suspicious of Alex's whereabouts from Homecoming night. The Sheriff had been calling almost everyone involved with what happened at the Homecoming game. One of those people is Jessica Davis. The Sheriff talked with Jessica's father over the phone.

Greg Davis: It was a short call. He mostly wanted me to verify where you were Homecoming night. I told him after I picked you up you went straight to bed. You were home in bed, correct?

Jessica Davis: Dad, you tucked me in. But why are you even worried about this?

Greg Davis: Well, apparently, Bryce sent you a text that night?

Jessica Davis: Yeah, I ignored it. I think he texted a lot of Liberty kids.

Greg Davis: They went through Clay Jensen's phone. They found several messages between the 2 of you that night.

Jessica Davis: Yeah, Dad, me and Clay text a lot, and it was a crazy night, so obviously we texted. From right here, in my bed. Why? What do they think?

Greg Davis: Well, from what I understand, they're just trying to put together Clay's whereabouts that night after the game.

Jessica Davis: Oh.

Greg Davis: Maybe you shouldn't be texting him so much anymore. All right, partner, let's go. You're gonna be late for school.

Jessica was beginning to worry about her friend. Meanwhile back at the Chatham house, Ani's mother found the shirt she was wearing during the Homecoming Game now knowing she was involved and that her own daughter also lied to her.

Ani Achola: Mum, it's just paint. We were doing a mural for history class. I was gonna take it to the dry cleaner's.

Amara Josephine Achola: You wore this the night of the Homecoming game. The night of that vulgar display on the field.

Ani Achola: How do you know about that?

Amara Josephine Achola: It was the headline of the newspaper that weekend. Now I know you were there. Fully participating.

Ani Achola: No, I didn't.

Amara Josephine Achola: You lied to me. Not only did you lie to me, you made a liar of me in front of my employer. You were there to spend time with Bryce Walker.

Ani Achola: What? What on earth...

Amara Josephine Achola: I know... the underwear in his room was yours. A mother knows when her daughter has opened her life to a man. A mother knows!

Ani Achola: Mum, please!

Amara Josephine Achola: My employer's son? You have lost yourself!

Ani Achola: It wasn't anything like that...

Amara Josephine Achola: Do you understand that by having relations with him, you were endangering our livelihood in this household? And by lying to the police, you are endangering our presence in this country?

Ani didn't know what to say as she softly sighs, angering her mother even more.

Amara Josephine Achola: AMOROWAT, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Ani Achola: Mum, please. Look... none of this has to get out. Nora doesn't know. And Bryce promised me that he wouldn't say anything to anyone.

Amara Josephine Achola: How can you be certain he didn't?

Ani Achola: I just know!

Amara Josephine Achola: How do you know? What do you know about what happened to him? What else are you not telling?

Ani Achola: Nothing. I... It's just that Bryce promised me that he would keep it a secret, and... and Bryce wasn't a liar.

Amara Josephine Achola: But my daughter is.

Amara Josephine walks away from Ani as she just stands there realizing that she had just lost he mother's trust. Clay arrives to Liberty with Tyler as he just sits in his car just staring at the school.

Tyler Down: They're coming after you.

Clay Jensen: Maybe.

Tyler Down: You said if Bryce knew about what Monty did to me, it might give them reason to go after Monty instead.

Clay Jensen: I know what I said, but... But don't worry about that, okay?

Tyler Down: But if I told what I know, like, my story, wouldn't it help?

Clay Jensen: Not if it doesn't help you.

Tyler Down: If you're in trouble, if they have you under oath or whatever, then you might have to tell them...

Clay Jensen: I won't. I won't. I promise. But... I might not be around all the time. You should think about... if you wanna talk to someone else. I feel like Hannah. Or Jessica, she might understand.

Tyler Down: And you... might not be around.

Clay Jensen: Yeah.

Everyone at Liberty have already heard about the raid in the Jensen house as the football players begin to discuss it.

Charlie St. George: Yeah. I just can't believe Clay Jensen. He seems like a good guy.

Monty de la Cruz: He's a little asshole.

Charlie St. George: Yeah, but he wouldn't kill someone.

Monty de la Cruz: Cops think otherwise.

Charlie St. George: What do you think they have on him?

Zach Dempsey: Cops think Bryce was killed a few hours after the Homecoming game. Clay's got no one that can vouch for where he was.

Monty de la Cruz: Good thing I was getting shit-faced at Charlie's house.

Charlie St. George: Yeah. Totally.

Monty de la Cruz: Where were you, Zachy?

Zach Dempsey: I was with a friend.

Monty de la Cruz: Who?

Zach Dempsey: None of your fucking business.

Charlie told the police that he was home with Monty but that was a lie. Charlie was beginning to get suspicious of Monty thinking that maybe Monty may have been involved with Bryce's murder as he begins to ask Monty questions about Homecoming night in the locker room.

Charlie St. George: Hey. You don't think the cops are going to talk to us again, do you?

Monty de la Cruz: Why would they?

Charlie St. George: Well, I mean, seems like they're making a big deal about where people were after the game.

Monty de la Cruz: So let 'em. We're cool, right?

Charlie St. George: Right. Yeah. Of course. You didn't talk to Bryce, right? Like, that night after the game?

Monty de la Cruz: I told you I didn't.

Charlie St. George: Yeah, yeah, no, I know.

Monty de la Cruz: So, leave it alone. We're good.

Clay finally showed up as I meet with him by his locker.

Hannah Baker: I showed up to your house last night, but the cops were there searching it.

Clay Jensen: You came last night?

Hannah Baker: Yeah. My mom told me about the voice message she left you. I tried calling but you didn't answer.

Clay Jensen: The cops have my phone.

Hannah Baker: Fuck.

Clay Jensen: They're gonna hear it and your mom will be in trouble with me. I'm meeting with Dennis after school. Tyler is going to need you.

Hannah Baker: What do you mean?

Clay Jensen: It means that I probably won't be around much longer.

Hannah Baker: Clay, don't say that. Everything is going to be alright.

Clay Jensen: I don't know about that.

Clay closes his locker and walks away.

Bryce Walker: He's so fucked. I bet he'll look good in orange.

I just ignore Bryce in my head. The sooner we find who actually killed Bryce, the sooner I can stop seeing & hearing him. I begin walking through the hallway when I hear someone calling out for me.

Charlie St. George: Hannah! Hannah!

He catches up to me.

Hannah Baker: What do you want, Charles?

Charlie St. George: Charles, that's a good one. Anyway, did you hear about Clay?

Hannah Baker: I was there when it happened.

Charlie St. George: Shit. What happened?

Hannah Baker: Why do you care?

Charlie St. George: I do care. I know that Clay is a good person

Hannah Baker: How would you know, you don't even know him.

Charlie St. George: Because of all the good things he's done in the past year. When you were in that coma, he was hell bent in taking down Bryce. The way he just went over to his house and said that he... you know.

We stop walking.

Hannah Baker: No, go ahead. Say it.

Charlie St. George: I don't want to offend you.

Hannah Baker: Say it, Charles!

Charlie St. George: (Gulp) He accused Bryce of raping you. Which was true.

Hannah Baker: And yet, you were friends with him.

Charlie St. George: I didn't know what to think when I heard it. I believed everything you've said on those tapes. I believed you.

Hannah Baker: You believed me?

Charlie St. George: Yes, I did. Because I'm not like them. I'm not like Bryce, or Jaime, & I'm totally not anything like Monty.

Hannah Baker: Well, Monty is probably worse than Bryce.

Charlie St. George: I know. I heard about what he did during your trial.

Hannah Baker: What did you hear?

Charlie St. George: That he ran Clay off the road in Bryce's car. He put a dead rat in Zach's bag. And something else.

Hannah Baker: Like?

Charlie looks scared as he looks around the hallways.

Charlie St. George: (Whispering) I can't say it here, but I heard something about what he may have done to Tyler Down.

Oh, my god! How does he know?

Hannah Baker: What makes you say that?

Charlie St. George: I can't say, not yet. But if Clay is in trouble with Bryce's murder, they need to look at Monty. You didn't hear it from me.

Hannah Baker: Charlie...

Charlie walks way before I can even ask him any more questions. How would Charlie know about what happened with Tyler? Does he even know about Spring Fling?

Jessica has been called in to the Principal's office to meet with Bolan.

Principal Bolan: After what happened at Homecoming, you promised you'd tone it down.

Jessica Davis: I don't remember making that promise.

Principal Bolan: I warned you to stop the funeral protests or you'd be held responsible.

Jessica Davis: So, I guess I'm here to be held responsible.

Principal Bolan: I spoke with the superintendent this morning and this is what we decided: we're calling an assembly tomorrow. In addition to our students, the Hillcrest football team and coaches will be in attendance, and you will make a public apology.

Jessica Davis: I will? Or?

Principal Bolan: Or the logical next step is to remove you as president. In the best interest of the student body.

Jessica Davis: Everything I have done has been in the best interest of the student body.

Principal Bolan: Tell me, Miss Davis, these stunts you pulled... do you think they worked? Are the students better off because of them?

Jessica Davis: I do.

Principal Bolan: Mmm.

Jessica Davis: I think people are talking about it.

Principal Bolan: But beyond that, what? Make the apology, move on. Now is not the time in this town to be the nail sticking out of the board.

Jessica begins to question herself after hearing what Bolan had to say. Has her actions been helping the students of Liberty High? She texts Justin to meet her the textbooks room. Justin knocks on the door as Jessica drag him inside.

Justin Foley: Why is the door locked? Why are we even in here? We're not a secret anymore.

Jessica Davis: Listen, I've been thinking about my activism, and what I've been putting people through and what I've been putting you through. And Bolan just gave me this ultimatum, and... I'm starting to feel like he's right. This is a bad time for me to start drawing attention to myself.

Justin Foley: Why is it a bad time for you?

Jessica Davis: I told Ani that you and I were together after Homecoming. She was starting to get suspicious and I just wanted to protect you.

Justin Foley: I didn't ask you to do that for me.

Jessica Davis: I know, I know. Okay? I panicked. Really, I was home in bed, and that's what my dad told the cops, which is why I can't be getting in any more trouble. If they start looking at me, if they start asking questions... it could be really bad for you. You need to get your alibi straight.

Justin Foley: I just... I just don't understand. Why did you lie to Ani? Why are you just telling me this now?

Jessica Davis: Because there's a lot going on, Justin. Can't you tell? I'm just trying to help you.

Justin Foley: (Sighs) Yeah, right. Got it.

Jessica Davis: God!

Annoyed, Jessica begins to walk away.

Justin Foley: Jess. Jess!

Jessica leaves the room, leaving Justin alone in the room. Justin meets with Clay in the art class room as he tells him about what Jessica told him.

Clay Jensen: She was probably trying to protect you, right?

Justin Foley: But now she's totally changed her story. I mean, she's saying she was in bed, but I have 5, like, missed calls from her that night.

Clay Jensen: Did she leave you messages?

Justin Foley: Yeah. Just "Call me back," but it wasn't like... "Hey, I'm in bed. Come sneak in through the window." It was like, "Call me back. I need something."

Clay Jensen: The other day, did the cops ask you about where you were that night?

Justin Foley: Kind of. Just... I told them that I was at home. Should we tell them that we were together?

Clay Jensen: And did anyone see you that night?

Justin Foley: Just the dealer I bought from.

Clay Jensen: So if we lie, and then... the cops pick him up at any point, then our story falls apart.

After school before going to meet with his parents & Dennis, Clay meets up with Ani at Monet's as he informs her about Jessica's situation.

Ani Achola: Tell the police everything. About me and Bryce, about why you texted what you did.

Clay Jensen: I won't do that to you.

Ani Achola: Mum already knows everything. I think maybe she always did, so...

Clay Jensen: She does? What did she say?

Ani Achola: A lot. And then nothing.

Clay Jensen: So, when you texted and said you wanted to help, it's just because your mom found out?

Ani Achola: No, it's because I believe you. And I believe you're in a very dangerous moment, and I think you should tell the police everything you know about everyone, starting with me.

Clay Jensen: No. Look, I'm not gonna do that. I'm not gonna ruin people I care about when they didn't do anything.

Ani Achola: How do you know they didn't?

Clay Jensen: Did Jessica tell you she was with Justin the night of Homecoming?

Ani Achola: Yeah... why?

Clay Jensen: Justin says that isn't true. He was alone, scoring drugs and getting high.

Ani Achola: And you believe him?

Clay Jensen: I mean, it fucks up a lot for him to admit that, so I don't know why he'd lie. But why would Jessica?

Ani Achola: (Sighs) Jessica wasn't angry with me because I ditched her at Homecoming. She was angry because... Bryce told me to leave, and I went.

Clay Jensen: Have you talked to her about it?

Ani Achola: Not yet.

After Clay finished chatting with Ani, he goes to meet with Dennis & his parents to discuss his defense.

Dennis Vasquez: We pulled all the data that the police will have. We need to know what they know. Now, after you sent the text messages to Bryce, you received a phone call from Mrs. Baker. You didn't pick up.

Clay Jensen: I was driving.

Dennis Vasquez: She left you a voicemail. Which the police will access.

Clay Jensen: She was drunk. She was... at the airport with Hannah, and she was drunk.

Lainie Jensen: And did she talk about Bryce?

Clay Jensen: Yes. She...talked about wanting him dead.

Matt Jensen: Why aren't they looking at her?

Dennis Vasquez: I assume that they have. Maybe they still are, but... can you give us anything more that might make Olivia Baker a credible suspect?

Clay Jensen: No.

Dennis Vasquez: Clay, do you understand how cell phone towers work?

Clay Jensen: Yes.

Dennis Vasquez: Okay, good.

Dennis shows Clay a map around Evergreen County with traces of Clay's cell phone.

Dennis Vasquez: So you understand that when you place a call, your phone pings the nearest tower to give you the best reception?

Clay Jensen: Yes.

Dennis Vasquez: This is the tower that your text to Bryce pinged and the range that it covers.

Clay Jensen: Uh-huh.

Dennis Vasquez: This is Bryce Walker's house.

Matt Jensen: Were... were you at his house, Clay?

Dennis Vasquez: Your missed phone call from Mrs. Baker pinged this tower, which covers this area along the waterfront.

Lainie Jensen: Why were you near the waterfront?

Clay Jensen: I was just driving randomly.

Dennis Vasquez: Yeah, so you said. But this location, well within the range of this tower, is where Bryce's body was found.

Clay Jensen: That... that doesn't make any sense.

Dennis Vasquez: We need to start making it make sense. Because I imagine that the prosecutors already have.

Meanwhile back at Liberty, Justin is being questioned by the Sheriff in front of 2 of his coaches. The police found Alex's steroids in their drawer in the outhouse, Justin tells the Sheriff that the steroids are not his and he doesn't use juice, the Sheriff then starts to assume that they might belong to Clay but Justin tells him that maybe he was holding it for a friend, Justin didn't tell the Sheriff that they belonged to Alex Standall. As for Alex, his father comes looking for him at Caleb's gym and finds him boxing in the ring. This wasn't good for Alex especially because he's still recovering from his suicide attempt from last year after everyone got subpoena for the Bakers lawsuit when he shot himself in the head. Bill entered the boxing ring and tried stopping Alex to stop because 1 wrong hit and he could get paralyzed, Alex tried to hit his dad but he dodges it and holds on to Alex as he stops and calms down.

I kept on wondering what Charlie was trying to tell me about Monty. I couldn't stop thinking about Tyler since he told us what Monty did to him. I went to the yearbook room to meet up with.

Hannah Baker: Hey, Tyler.

Tyler Down: Hey.

Hannah Baker: You going to H.O.?

Tyler Down: Yeah, I am. You?

Hannah Baker: Well, I don't think I'm welcomed anymore. Last time I went with Jessica, we were pretty much kicked out after everyone found out about her & Justin. Well, Jessica might've been ousted but I stuck by her side. And I was hoping...

Jessica Davis: Hey.

Jessica entered the yearbook room.

Hannah Baker: Hey.

Tyler Down: Hey! Are you going to H.O.? I just need to pack up.

Jessica Davis: That's actually why I found the both of you. Um... you should probably skip today. I'm gonna be pissing everyone off in a big way.

Tyler Down: Again?

Jessica Davis: Bolan's making me apologize. In front of an assembly, and Hillcrest is coming.

Tyler Down: You're kidding?

Jessica Davis: Sadly, not kidding.

Hannah Baker: Fucking Bolan!

Jessica Davis: Right. Anyway, Casey and everyone else will lose their shit when I tell them. Tyler, I know you've only been going to those meetings to support us. And that means so much to me, but I'm now a total failure, so...

Tyler Down: No, you're not!

Jessica Davis: You're sweet. In the end, I didn't change a goddamn thing.

Hannah Baker: That's not true.

Tyler Down: You changed a lot. You changed me.

Jessica Davis: Yeah? Well, I made you an ally. I guess that's something.

Tyler begins to look at me as if he wants to tell Jessica. I smile and nod at him as if he was asking me if we should tell her.

Tyler Down: I, um... I'm... more than an ally.

Jessica Davis: What? What do you mean?

Tyler Down: It's just... Do you remember last summer at the Crestmont? You asked me why I... Everything that happened at Spring Fling.

Jessica Davis: Yeah.

Tyler Down: Can I... Can I show you guys something?

Tyler takes out a USB flashdrive from his pocket.

Jessica Davis: Sure.

Wonder what's in the flashdrive. Tyler brings me & Jessica to the dark room as he pulls out his laptop.

Tyler Down: I haven't shown this to anyone.

Hannah Baker: What's in the flashdrive?

Tyler Down: You made the tapes. I made this.

Tyler opens up his laptop and plugs in the flashdrive. He then opens a video file that's inside the flashdrive and it's a video of him. It was from the night of Spring Fling. Fuck, I still remembered how he looked that night. The bruises, the anger. It was a suicide note. Having to hear it again, but with rage in his eyes, brought tears to my eyes. It also hit Jessica as well.

Tyler Down: And then they dropped me on the floor, and left me there in the toilet water in my own blood. And that was that. That was the worst of it. But... But it feels like I've been hurting, like, cut and bleeding every day since I was 12. I feel rejected. Not just alone, but rejected. Like I am nothing. No one. And my life is meaningless. I don't think it's ever going to be any different. That school is never going to change. I'm sorry I have so much rage. I wasn't born with it. To everyone I love... I'm really sorry about all of this. Mom and Dad... you've been great parents. You really have. You did your best. I'm sorry. Alex... thank you for being the only one who was ever nice to me. To everyone hearing this... I did what I had to do. That's it. I'm sorry. Goodbye.

I don't know what to say. That video... it was worse than we thought.

Jessica Davis: (Crying) Tyler... I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry that this happened to you, and I'm... I'm so, so sorry that I didn't know.

Tyler Down: It's okay. (Stammering) How would you know?

Jessica Davis: (Crying) That kid... That kid's not you anymore. You see that, right?

Tyler Down: Yeah. Yeah, I'm... I'm getting better. Like you guys.

That made me smile a bit.

Jessica Davis: (Crying) Yeah, just like us. I mean... I should've seen the signs, you know? I should've...

Tyler Down: Maybe they're different for guys.

Jessica Davis: (Crying) Maybe.

Hannah Baker: Me & Clay actually noticed some.

Jessica Davis: Have you told anyone else?

Tyler Down: Um, I told Clay & Hannah. Um... I might tell Dr. Singh. She's... she's pretty good at her job.

Hannah Baker: She actually is.

Jessica Davis: (Crying) She is. You should tell her.

Tyler Down: I told... Bryce.

Jessica Davis: (Crying) What?

Hannah Baker: Me & Clay were surprised, too.

Jessica Davis: Why... why would you tell Bryce?

Tyler Down: Um... well, at first I thought that he told... told Monty to do it. But then, he... he wanted to help.

Tyler tells us that after Zach told him that Bryce saw everything at Spring Fling, he confronted Monty wanted Monty to apologize to him. But Monty told Tyler that Bryce put him up to it because nothing happens around unless Bryce says so. He tracked down Bryce at the Village Motel & pulled out the gun he kept on him. Bryce had no idea what he was talking about or what Monty did to Tyler. Bryce told Tyler to do it and pull the trigger. Bryce actually wanted Tyler to shoot him. Bryce came to Liberty the day of Homecoming to see Tyler and wanted to know why he almost shot him & what Monty did to him. Tyler showed him the video, Bryce couldn't believe that Monty would go that far and he offered to help Tyler out with Monty. Tyler then played Jessica the same voice mail that me & Clay heard.

Tyler Down: So, what if he told Monty? And Monty did something to him?

Jessica Davis: We don't know that's what happened, though.

Tyler Down: But they'll have to look at him. And it'll help Clay's lawyers. It'll be like an alternate theory of the case. I looked it up.

Hannah Baker: Charlie might know what happened.

Jessica Davis: St. George? How would he know?

Hannah Baker: Earlier today, he tried to tell me something about Monty. He's worried about Clay.

Jessica Davis: Bullshit.

Tyler Down: He's friends with Monty.

Hannah Baker: And he's friends with Zach & Justin. But he told me that he knows about what Monty did to everyone during my trial and the worst thing he did was to Tyler.

Tyler Down: Then Bryce must've talked to Monty and Charlie must've heard.

Jessica Davis: Are you ready to tell the police?

Tyler Down: I don't know.

Jessica Davis: Listen... you only tell your story when you're ready. Okay? And when you are...

Hannah Baker: We're here for you. Always.

Tyler Down: Okay.

Justin arrives home from football practice as he enters the outhouse and finds Clay sitting on his bed.

Justin Foley: Hey. You okay?

Clay Jensen: I don't think so. I think I'm not okay, right?

Justin Foley: We're gonna get through this.

Clay Jensen: My search terms.

Justin Foley: What?

Clay hands Justin 2 pieces of paper.

Clay Jensen: Dennis is trying to catch up with the cops. He had me run my search history.

Justin Foley: Shit! This is some really dark stuff, dude.

Clay Jensen: I... Don't ever tell anyone this. I write fan fiction. You have to kill a character sometimes.

Justin Foley: Okay, why don't you just tell them that?

Clay Jensen: They can put me at the crime scene. I've got no one to say I wasn't there.

Justin Foley: Fuck it. I'm saying I was with you.

Clay Jensen: They'll find out the truth.

Justin Foley: No, they won't.

Clay Jensen: They will.

Justin Foley: Fuck!

There was no way Jessica was going to let this go, so she decided to confront Monty. But she's not doing it alone. We just stood outside the locker room waiting for him to come out. Speak of the devil...

Jessica Davis: Hey, Monty.

Monty de la Cruz: What the fuck do you 2 want?

Hannah Baker: What's your deal?

Monty de la Cruz: What do you mean?

Jessica Davis: What's your deal? Why do you hurt people?

Monty de la Cruz: Is this about football?

Hannah Baker: No, it's about you.

Jessica Davis: Why are you so cruel?

Monty de la Cruz: I'm not cruel.

Jessica Davis: There's something seriously fucked up about you, and I really wish you could tell us what it is.

Monty de la Cruz: I had a bad childhood.

Hannah Baker: Yeah, maybe that's part of it. But what else?

Jessica Davis: Or were you always like this?

Monty de la Cruz: Look, what the fuck? What do you want?

Jessica Davis: I think we just want to understand. I think we never will.

Monty de la Cruz: You're 2 crazy bitches.

Hannah Baker: Did you forget that I tired to kill myself last year? Yeah, we're 2 crazy bitches

Jessica Davis: And you should fear that.

We walk away as we were 2 stone cold bad bitches that you should never fuck with. Now it was time to go to H.O. to let them know about the assembly that's happening tomorrow.

Casey: And so the locker room is perfect, because if we confront the jocks in their precious sanctuary...

Jessica Davis: Hey.

Casey Ford: What?

Jessica Davis: I'm not here to ask for my place back, I'm just asking for you to hear me out.

Hannah Baker: Come on, just hear her out.

Casey and the girls are allowing Jessica to continue.

Jessica Davis: It's important to make a mess, to make noise, you're right. But I don't know. I worry sometimes that the louder we get, the harder it is for someone to even find their voice. To tell their story. And that's the first thing that needs to happen, right? People need to be able to speak before they can shout.

Casey Ford: Okay. What are you getting at?

Jessica Davis: I need your help. All of you.

Jessica tells them about the assembly and her apology speech, but she's has a idea that could benefit the cause. After the meeting, the sun was begging to set as Jessica received a text from Ani to meet with her in the gym.

Ani Achola: You told me that, after the game, you went off with Justin. Now Clay says that you said you were home alone.

Jessica Davis: I went home and went to bed. Ask my dad, he tucked me in.

Ani Achola: So, why did you lie earlier?

Jessica Davis: Because I wanted to protect my boyfriend. No way Justin did it, and he didn't have anyone to cover for him, so I did. And because it's none of your business.

Ani Achola: It is, though. Because Clay is my friend and he's in real trouble.

Jessica Davis: Clay is my friend, too. And maybe we're all in real trouble.

Ani Achola: Why'd you say that?

Jessica Davis: Where were you that night?

Ani Achola: Also at home in bed, though no one tucked me in.

Jessica Davis: Have you ever been in court?

Ani Achola: No.

Jessica Davis: Someone's gonna go down for this. And odds are good they'll take all of us along.

Later that late night, Justin goes to meet with Seth in a alley.

Seth Massey: You got balls, asking for a meet-up. What the fuck do you want?

Justin Foley: I want to make a deal. I sell for you, for as long as you want. And in return, I... I need a favor.

Clay goes to Caleb's gym to meet with Tony as he has Justin's gym bag in tow.

Clay Jensen: I need your help.

Tony Padilla: Jesus, Clay. If the cops see you here...

Clay Jensen: Tony, I really am sorry, I just don't have anyone else I can turn to for this.

Tony Padilla: If that's the case, I really don't wanna know.

Clay Jensen: Please hear me out. Please.

Tony Padilla: What?

Clay Jensen: I need you to help me disappear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65K 1.2K 12
We all know Hannah Baker and how she reached her breaking point. But what role did her best friend Perri Down play in her downfall? Disclaimer I don...
235 0 13
Bryce Walker has been murdered! It's been a year since Hannah Baker's death and the boy who assaulted her has been killed. Clay Jensen becomes the pr...
51.5K 854 22
Emmalee Andrews was Hannah Baker's best friend. They went through just about everything together, until the night of Jessica Davis's party. When Emma...
919K 18.7K 88
"Hot chocolate is the cure for all things shitty in life." [I own none of the 13 reasons why characters]