13 Reasons Why Hannah Baker L...

By espinosa1989

What if Hannah Baker survived her attempt? What would that world look like? In this world, she survives her a... More

Chapter 1: October 9th, 2017
Chapter 2: The Tapes
Chapter 3: Paying The Price
Chapter 4: Sooner Or Later, The Truth Will Come Out!
Chapter 5: Free Solo
Chapter 6: Tape 9
Chapter 7: The Stop Sign
Chapter 8: Clay's Tape
Chapter 9: The Confrontation
Chapter 10: It Has To Get Better
Chapter 11: The Trial Begins & The 1st Polaroid
Chapter 12: The Hallucination
Chapter 13: Jessica's Testimony
Chapter 14: The 2nd Polaroid
Chapter 15: Hannah's Poems
Chapter 16: The Secret Relationship
Chapter 17: Clay Testifies
Chapter 18: The Tapes Are Out
Chapter 19: Porter's Testimony
Chapter 20: The Clubhouse
Chapter 21: Bryce & Chlรถe
Chapter 22: Awakening
Chapter 23: Confronting Monty
Chapter 24: The Verdict
Chapter 25: The Sentencing
Chapter 26: The Aftermath Of The Trial
Chapter 27: Spring Fling
Chapter 28: The New Girl
Chapter 29: The Disappearance of Bryce Walker
Chapter 30: Jessica's Speech
Chapter 31: The Truth About Chlรถe
Chapter 32: Student Body President Jessica Davis
Chapter 33: Bryce Walker Is Dead
Chapter 34: Tyler
Chapter 35: Tyler's Gun
Chapter 36: The Problem With Alex Standall
Chapter 37: The Funeral
Chapter 38: There Are A Number Of Problems With Clay Jensen
Chapter 39: Return of the Counselor
Chapter 40: The Problem With Justin
Chapter 42: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.2
Chapter 43: What Does Charlie Know?
Chapter 44: I'm A Survivor
Chapter 45: Homecoming
Chapter 46: Let The Dead Bury The Dead
Chapter 47: It's Not Supposed To Be Easy For People Like Us
Chapter 48: SRO
Chapter 49: Sanderson University
Chapter 50: The Mysterious Caller
Chapter 51: Love Is Love
Chapter 52: The Legend of Burnham Woods
Chapter 53: Find Your Drink
Chapter 54: Is It A Drill? Part 1
Chapter 55: Is It A Drill? Part 2
Chapter 56: The Session
Chapter 57: Tyler's Deal
Chapter 58: Gordon Lightfoot
Chapter 59: The Walkout & The Riot
Chapter 60: Prom Part 1
Chapter 61: Prom Part 2
Chapter 62: The Finals Days Of Justin Foley
Chapter 63: Justin's Funeral
Chapter 64: The Return Of The Tapes
Chapter 65: Graduation
Chapter 66: Goodbye
Chapter 67: 20 Years Later
Chapter 68: The Reason Why I'm Still Going

Chapter 41: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.1

32 2 0
By espinosa1989

2 Weeks Before Homecoming:

Hard to believe it's been a whole year since my attempt. If I learned anything this past year is that I do have people who care about me like Clay, Tony, & my parents. Speaking of, my mom is coming back to town, which I'm so excited about. I'm still bummed out that I wasn't able to go to New York this past summer to be with my mom because of summer school. Me & Justin survived summer school, and now we're both back on track to graduating on time in May. I decided to pick mom up at the airport in Oakland. Everyone is coming out as I wait for mom. And there she was. She's got a smile on her face as I run up to her and give her a huge hug.

Olivia Baker: Oh, how I've missed you.

Hannah Baker: I missed you too, mom.

I help her with her luggage as we drive back to Evergreen County.

Olivia Baker: So how is everybody doing?

Hannah Baker: Well, me & Justin did so good in summer school that we're on track to graduate. Jessica's been killing it as Student Body President. Tony has been helping out his father out at his shop. Everyone else is doing well.

Olivia Baker: And your father?

Hannah Baker: Well, as you already know, he remarried.

Olivia Baker: To Valerie.

Hannah Baker: Yeah. It was a small wedding, it was nice. Jess was my plus one.

Olivia Baker: And Clay?

Hannah Baker: Clay is doing good.

Olivia Baker: And how are you 2 doing, since the break up?

Hannah Baker: We're good. We're still friends and we're there for each other. We've been helping each other out. We're good.

Olivia Baker: You look good. Have you been working out?

Hannah Baker: Thank you for noticing. I've been hitting the gym, Caleb hooked me up.

Olivia Baker: Tony's boyfriend, right?

Hannah Baker: Yes. I've also been taking Caleb's self defense class. It's been very helpful for me.

Olivia Baker: I'm glad to hear that. What about him?

Hannah Baker: I haven't seen him since Spring Fling. I want to keep it that way.

Olivia Baker: I agree.

So why is my mom back? Here's why: My parents are finally selling our old house. The house were I tried to end my own life last year. About time. The deal has been finalized and all the buyer needs now is both my parent's signatures. I told Jessica that my mom was returning. The next week, me & mom are hanging out with Jessica so they can catch up.

Olivia Baker: I like your look. It's new.

Jessica Davis: Oh, it is?

Olivia Baker: Yeah. It's very tough. Bad-ass. You look like a warrior.

Hannah Baker: You actually do.

Olivia Baker: Hannah, do you remember whenever you wear that green army jacket everywhere?

Hannah Baker: Yeah. You used to tease me.

Olivia Baker: I'd ask her, "What war are you fighting?" Then I found out.

Hearing that makes me feel bad for my mom. Everything she went through in that bullshit trial. I didn't know how to respond.

Jessica Davis: Yeah, well, if it helps, We're still fighting.

Hannah Baker: Yes, we are.

Olivia Baker: It really does.

Jessica Davis: Yeah, well, it turns out this whole "toppling the patriarchy" thing is, em, totally hard.

Olivia Baker: Yeah, well, you only have all of history ever working against you.

Hannah Baker: That's true.

Jessica Davis: Sometimes I feel like I'm making a real difference, you know? And other times I just feel like nothing has changed at all.

Olivia Baker: Yeah, but you've changed. Both of you. And you did it all right here. More than I can say for myself. I had to get the hell out of here.

Hannah Baker: I wouldn't have blamed you if you did too, Jess.

Jessica Davis: Is it better? In New York?

Mom has already told me about how her life is now in New York.

Olivia Baker: It's different. I mean, sometimes I'll find myself swept up entirely in this sea of people, this... this thing that's bigger than me. In those moments, I find that I have completely forgotten who I am and what happened. Other times, no matter how many thousands of miles away I am, I'm still here. Right back here.

Hannah Baker: I'm glad you're back.

Jessica Davis: Why are you back here?

Olivia Baker: Oh, um... the old house, we finally found a buyer for it.

Jessica Davis: Oh?

Hannah Baker: Yeah. It's not easy selling a house with that kind of... history, you know?

Olivia Baker: But we closed on it last week, and, um... so I'm here, signing paperwork, clearing things out, you know, taking care of some other... unfinished business.

Jessica Davis: Well, you seem great.

Olivia Baker: I'm not over it, though.

Hannah Baker: What do you mean?

Olivia Baker: You know... I had myself convinced that I was, that it had gone away, but being... being back here... selling that house... I'm still sad. God, I'm still so fucking angry.

Hannah Baker: Me, too.

Jessica Davis: Same here. Let's go to Rosie's, I'm buying.

Olivia Baker: Okay. But you know, I prayed that it was different for you.

Hannah Baker: Is it different? Is it... Has it gone away?

Olivia Baker: No.

The tree of them went to Rosie's for a bite to eat. While they ate, they had fun just chatting about something else other than the events that transpires this past year. 2 Days later, Olivia has been catching up with some old friends, one of them is Tony Padilla.

Olivia Baker: And your family?

Tony Padilla: They're back home in Mexico. I keep asking them what happened. I wanna know why, you know? But the lawyers say it only takes one phone call. So...

Hearing Tony say that made Olivia realize something as Tony notices it.

Tony Padilla: Oh, shit. Olivia, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to unload all of this on you. You're back, so we should be celebrating. You want a beer for old times' sake?

Olivia Baker: Tony... I think I know who made that phone call.

Tony Padilla: What are you talking about?

Olivia Baker: Your family, they were picked up right after the trial, right?

Tony Padilla: Yeah. Why?

Olivia Baker: Well, I mean, attorneys from both sides dug up stuff on the witnesses. And I remember when Dennis told me... that the Walkers discovered your family's status. At first I was worried they'd use it against you when you were on the stand, but then they didn't. And I just assumed that they let it go.

Tony Padilla: Olivia, what are you saying? That... their lawyers tipped off ICE?

Olivia Baker: The lawyer, or they have private investigators. It could have even been the Walker family if they were upset about Bryce's arrest.

Tony Padilla: Fucking... Bryce.

Olivia Baker: Tony... Tony, I am so sorry. I...

Tony Padilla: Fucking Bryce!

In anger, Tony throws chair as it scares Olivia. All he can think about is the fact that Bryce is the reason that his family was taken from him.

Tony Padilla: Fucking Bryce!

Later that night, Tony decided to confront Bryce with this information. Bryce came home from football practice as he was surprised to see Tony coming out from the dark shadows.

Bryce Walker: Tony?

Tony Padilla: What's up, Bryce?

Bryce Walker: Ah, I wouldn't be lurking out here. Grandpa's got a gun. And he's racist and senile. So...

Tony Padilla: You weren't doing me a favor, were you?

Bryce Walker: Sorry?

Tony Padilla: Buying my Mustang. At twice the asking. You know, for a minute, I thought you were doing me a solid. That was pretty stupid, wasn't it?

Bryce Walker: No, I mean, I just wanted to help out.

Tony Padilla: You wanted... to buy your way out of a guilty conscience.

Bryce Walker: And what was I feeling guilty about?

Tony Padilla: The trial.

Bryce Walker: What does that have to do with you?

Tony Padilla: Your family dug up dirt on mine, and turned us in.

Bryce Walker: What? That's crazy.

Tony Padilla: They deported my whole fucking family.

Bryce Walker: That's impossible. That's not... Tony, I swear, there's no way.

Tony Padilla: Why should I believe you?

Bryce Walker: I don't know what to say, but I'm sure we didn't have anything to do with it. And I'm... I'm so sorry.

Tony Padilla: You're sorry? Fuck you!

Nora Walker: Bryce? Is that you?

Bryce's mom calls out for Bryce as Tony walks away, angry. The next day, Bryce goes over to Padilla Automotive in the Mustang much Tony's frustration.

Tony Padilla: Fuck. Whatever the fuck you want, I don't have time.

Bryce gets out of the Mustang.

Bryce Walker: You were right. About ICE. I asked my mom about it. My dad gave them up.

Tony Padilla: Why the fuck would he do that? I testified for the school, for fuck's sake. For your side!

Bryce Walker: I think he was just pissed at everybody. The trial fucked with our family, with his reputation. He wanted to make as many people pay as possible. On both sides. But I didn't know. I swear to you I didn't know.

Tony Padilla: Well, that's so comforting.

Bryce Walker: Look, I am really fucking sorry, man. And, uh... here.

Bryce tosses the keys to Tony as he catches them.

Tony Padilla: What the fuck is this?

Bryce Walker: Like I said, you without your sweet red ride is a tragedy.

Tony Padilla: No, Bryce. I lost my entire fucking family. That's the tragedy.

Bryce Walker: You're right, man. I'm... I'm just trying to do the right thing.

Tony Padilla: How does a car fix what your dad did? How?

Bryce Walker: I didn't know.

Tony Padilla: Yeah, you said that already, like it's supposed to fucking matter to me. The fact is, all of this bullshit is a chain reaction that started with you! Would there have been a trial if Hannah hadn't tried killing herself? Would Hannah had been in a coma if you hadn't raped her? You've ruined so many fucking lives. And still, even now, you act like it's somebody else's fault.

Bryce felt guilt. He knew that Tony was right as he looked at the ground.

Tony Padilla: Bryce, look at me.

Bryce looks back at Tony.

Tony Padilla: It's your fault. Take some fucking responsibility.

Bryce Walker: I think about Hannah every day.

Tony Padilla: Yeah? What exactly do you think about?

Bryce Walker: Regret... for hurting her.

Tony Padilla: God. Have you even listened to her tapes?

Bryce Walker: I never got the tapes.

Tony Padilla: They were on the fucking internet.

Bryce Walker: Yeah, but they took them down.

Tony Padilla: After 2 months!

Bryce Walker: No, I never listened.

Tony Padilla: Then you don't have any fucking idea how you hurt her. Keep the car.

Tony just turns away and begins to walk away.

Bryce Walker: Do you still have 'em? The tapes?

Tony Padilla: I still have copies.

Bryce Walker: I'll listen.

Tony Padilla: That's so gracious of you. Please, don't do it on my fucking account.

Bryce Walker: No, I... I want to listen. I need to.

Tony agreed to play him the tapes. It got dark and Tony took Bryce on the Mustang to the same spot where he took Clay to listen to his tape.

Bryce Walker: You could've sent me the files.

Tony Padilla: Hannah wanted it to be tapes. I made a promise, to see to it that everyone on the tapes hears the tapes. Tonight I keep that promise.

Bryce Walker: And you're not gonna let me listen alone.

Tony Padilla: I could. I think it's a bad idea.

Bryce Walker: Yeah. Okay.

Tony takes out the first tape as he shows it to Bryce.

Tony Padilla: Are you ready?

Bryce Walker: Could I ever be?

Tony Padilla: No.

Tony inserts the tape as it begins to play.

Hannah Baker: Hey, it's Hannah. Hannah Baker. Don't adjust your... whatever device you're hearing this on. It's me. Live and in stereo.

Bryce listened to the first 8 tapes: Justin, Jessica, Alex, Tyler, Courtney, Marcus, Zach, & Ryan. Bryce knew that he caused all of those events. He was the one who sent the picture of Hannah that Justin took on their date 2 years ago. He started the Hot or Not List that ended up with Alex putting Hannah under Best Ass and Jessica under Worst Ass. He teased both Hannah & Courtney at the Winter Formal about the picture that Tyler took. He bet $100 bucks that Marcus couldn't get to 1st base with Hannah. He thought to himself "Tony was right. I started the chain of events of everything that happened to Hannah." He's now finishing the 9th tape. The night of Jessica's party. Bryce stepped out to stretch his legs while Tony stayed in the car.

Hannah Baker: I had to do something. But I couldn't get my feet to move. It was dark in there and the music was loud, but I saw his face. That girl had two chances that night. How do I live with that? How do you, Justin?

The tape ended.

Bryce Walker: It was Justin's tape. It should have been mine.

Tony Padilla: 2 Things. 1, Your tape is coming up. 2... They're all your tapes.

Bryce went on to listen to Sherri's & Clay's tape as he finally got to his tape. For his tape, Tony stepped out of his old Mustang so Bryce can listen to his tape alone. Bryce sat on the driver's seat as he listen to his tape. Bryce began to break down hearing how he hurt Hannah.

Hannah Baker: You gripped my wrists and pushed yourself inside of me. I begged you, "Please, Bryce," but you told me to relax. You said you would go nice and easy, but you went harder and faster. When I cried out in pain, you grabbed my hair, like the sound of my pain made it better for you. I tried to forget the anger and pain. Over and over. Until you realize it's too late.

Bryce cried as the guilt came down on him as Tony just watched. After listening to all of the tapes, Tony drove Bryce back to his father's shop.

Bryce Walker: Maybe I should be dead.

Tony Padilla: Maybe no one should be.

Bryce Walker: So, what... what the fuck do I do now?

Tony Padilla: You deal with your shit.

Bryce Walker: Just like that? Just deal with my shit, that's it?

Tony Padilla: Bryce... Bryce, that's everything.

Bryce Walker: Do you, um... I know Hannah will never speak to me or hear any message from me. But, do you ever talk to Mrs. Baker anymore?

Tony Padilla: I saw her the other day.

Bryce Walker: She's in town? Could you... could you maybe get me in touch with her?

Tony Padilla: Shit, man. I don't know, I... I don't know.

The next day, Olivia stopped by to have lunch with Tony.

Olivia Baker: I had dinner with Andy last night. We signed the final escrow documents for the house.

Tony Padilla: How is he?

Olivia Baker: Married. As of last month.

Tony Padilla: Right. To the woman with the little girl. Hannah told me about that.

Olivia Baker: Mmm. I moved to New York and tried to... live the life that Hannah always dreamed of and prepare it for her, and he... married the woman he had an affair with. Hannah seems to have bonded with Valerie's daughter. They get along well.

Tony Padilla: I, uh... I saw Bryce Walker the other day.

Olivia Baker: He didn't try to talk to you, did he?

Tony Padilla: No. No, of course not, but... it made me think about what I might say to him.

Olivia Baker: I have nothing to say to him. Nothing. Nothing will ever change what he did or erase it. I'll always hate him. And not just for what he did to Han... But then for getting up... on that stand and making up all those lies about her and everyone else just to save himself? No. My little girl was broken. And Bryce Walker gets to just live out the rest of his life? No. I pray I don't run into him, 'cause honestly, I'm afraid of what I'd do.

Tony would see Bryce once more. He told Bryce to stay clear of Olivia Baker. But of course he ignored Tony's warning. It's the day before the Homecoming game. Bryce was able to track down where Olivia was staying. She was staying at a fancy hotel as Olivia enter the building making her way towards the elevators when Bryce comes up from behind.

Bryce Walker: Mrs. Baker?

Olivia stops and turns around and was shocked that he even tracked her down.

Olivia Baker: What the hell are you doing here?

Bryce Walker: Please, I'm not trying to upset you. I just want to talk...

Bryce tries to get closer but she takes a step back as she scared of his presence.

Olivia Baker: How dare you? You stay away from me. I will call the police.

Bryce Walker: I listened to the tapes. To Hannah's tapes. I just... I'd really like to speak with you.

Olivia turns her back to Bryce as she presses the button for the elevator.

Olivia Baker: Not interested.

Bryce Walker: I understand the pain that I caused.

Olivia now turns around with anger.

Olivia Baker: You never could understand that.

Bryce Walker: You're right, but I'm trying to. I'm trying to understand. Please help me to.

Olivia Baker: Oh, I'm not here to help you! What? I will not be a part of this... Your penance, or absolution, or whatever... What you did to my daughter... You broke her. Do you understand that?

Bryce Walker: I do.

Olivia Baker: No, you don't. You wanted something and you took it, because you felt entitled. You felt it was your right... to rape my daughter. And you have blood on your hands and you always will.

The elevator door opens as Olivia immediately enters the elevator as Bryce just stands there with guilt on his face.

Bryce Walker: I'm sorry.

Olivia Baker: I wish you a lifetime of learning what "sorry" means.

The elevator closes as Olivia goes up to he hotel room. Bryce felt defeated.

I've been at the gym all day as it got dark now. I step out of Caleb's gym as my phone begins to ring. It was my mom.

Hannah Baker: Hey, mom. Everything alright?

Olivia Baker: No. No, it hasn't.

Hannah Baker: What happened?

Olivia Baker: Bryce came to the hotel to see me.

Hannah Baker: WHAT!?

Olivia Baker: He said that he wanted to apologize for what he did to you. Can you believe that?

Hannah Baker: I'm on my way.

I hang up. That motherfucker! He came to my mother? My mother! He's not gonna get away with this. Last year, I may have been weak against him, but I'm not weak anymore. I get in my car I drive up to the Chatham house. I get out and I knock on the door. Ani's mom answers the door as I immediately storm inside the house as I see Bryce in the living room with his mother.

Bryce Walker: Hannah? What are you...?

I punch him as he falls to the floor. I get down and punch 3 more times. I then get back up...

Hannah Baker: You go anywhere near my mother, I'll make you regret that you ever met me.

Hannah storms out of the house as Nora & Amara Josephine help Bryce get back up.

Nora Walker: What was that all about?

Bryce Walker: I tried to apologize. I was hoping to start with her mother, but... you can guess what happened.

Homecoming Night:

It's Homecoming night at Liberty. This year's football game is against Hillcrest, which is where Bryce plays now. Everyone is calling tonight's game Bryce Walker's Homecoming. Can you fucking believe that? I still can't believe Bryce approached my mom. Which is why I'm gonna drive her all the way to Oakland to the airport. We decided to have dinner in Oakland before dropping her off at the airport. My mom had a couple of drinks, if you know what I mean. After dinner, we go to the airport. Unfortunately, her flight was canceled.

Hannah Baker: There's a major storm happening in New York. That's why it's canceled. I'm gonna go see if there's another flight.

Olivia Baker: Okay.

As Hannah goes to see when the next flight to New York is, Olivia takes out her phone and tries calling Clay. Since she got back, Olivia had been trying to get in touched with Clay but to no avail.

Olivia Baker: Clay, I wish you'd ring me back. I'm at the airport, with Hannah. And to be honest, I've been drinking. I read in the newspaper that Bryce Walker's playing at Liberty. Tonight. The reporter called it his... "Homecoming." His fucking Homecoming! He gets to come home. And my little girl is scarred for life. I wanna fucking kill him. I wanna fucking kill him. I want to take a gun and load it and shoot him in the head.

Hannah Baker: Hey, mom.

Olivia Baker: Call me, back.

Hannah returned from checking out the flights.

Hannah Baker: So, there is another flight to New York. But, it's not until tomorrow night at 6:00 pm.

Olivia Baker: Tomorrow?

Hannah Baker: I know. Here's what we'll do. We'll go back to Evergreen and you'll stay the night with us. I'm sure dad & Valerie won't mind.

Olivia Baker: Fine. I'm gonna have a hangover in the morning anyway.

Olivia exchanges her airplane ticket for tomorrow night as both Hannah & her mom drive back to Evergreen County. They returned around 10:30 pm. They have no idea what had transpired at the Homecoming game. Olivia crashed on the couch while Hannah went to bed. That night will change the lives for some people.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5.4K 52
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ› ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’…๐’๐’†๐’”๐’” โœ โซ โŸจ ๐–ฒ๐–ข๐–ฎ๐–ณ๐–ณ ๐–ฑ๐–ค๐–ค๐–ฃ ๐–ฅ๐– ๐–ญ๐–ฅ๐–จ๐–ข โŸฉ โ– ๊’ฐเฐŽ โ› ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ'๐—Œ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—๐—๐—‚๏ฟฝ...
235 0 13
Bryce Walker has been murdered! It's been a year since Hannah Baker's death and the boy who assaulted her has been killed. Clay Jensen becomes the pr...
2.9K 39 18
Montgomery de la Cruz x fem/reader Hannah Baker x sister reader Zack Dempsey x reader thirteen reasons why characters aren't mine except for y/n. t...
263 9 20
Hannah Baker is about to end her own life. She has already recorded tapes explaining why she did it. Just when she about to take her own life, anothe...