Lucky -Jonathan Toews Fan-fic...

By Luckyrose13

Emma Miller is a huge hockey lover and a current student at NYU. During the Christmas holiday, she picks up h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 6

3.2K 44 2
By Luckyrose13

'Dingdingdingdingding," The phone rang. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Emma?" Mrs. Kemp asked. Mrs. Kemp always asked me to babysit her six year old girl, Lizzie. Lizzie was a small four foot girl, with blue eyes and blonde wavy hair.

"Yes its me Mrs. Kemp," I said, patiently.

"I have to go into the City today, do you mind Babysitting Lizzie for me?" She asked, a hint of frustration in her voice.

"Of course, If you want she can sleep over, so you don't have to worry about her getting to bed late," I offered. She agreed with it.

"Okay I'll pick her up now," I said.

"Thats great! Thank you Em so much!" Mrs. Kemp exclaimed.

"No prob'm." I hung up the phone and grabbed my leather jacket, and slipped on my gray wool TOMS. I ran out the front door, across the street to the light green, Ranch house. I rang the door bell and Lizzie opened the door.

"Emma!" She shouted, wrapping her arms around my legs.

"Haha Hi there Lizzie. Long time no see, huh?" I said picking her up.

"Yeah!" She said. Mrs. Kemp waddled to the front door. Her auburn curly hair was more of a bush this morning, and she was wearing coffee colored pajamas.

"Thank you so much Emma!" Mrs. Kemp waved as I left their front steps and crossed the road with Lizzie in my arms.

"So what are we going to do today?" Lizzie asked, slipping her pink Cowboy boots off, and coat off. She hung it up on the hooks.

"Hmm," I said, tapping my chin. I kneeled down so I could be eye level with her. "Do you have any ideas Lizzie?" She thought for a moment, then a huge smile spreaded out on her face.

"Can we bake some cookies, then go to the park?" She asked, her blue eyes big.

I nodded. "Of course, Lizzie. What kind of cookies?" I asked, getting out the ingredients.

"Chocolate chip cookies!" I nodded and realized she was like the little sister I never had.

_________________________________________________________________________________

While we were waiting for the cookies to bake, Lizzie insistsd we'd make tiaras (She was in the Disney Princess craze). Lizzie made hers sparkly, with stick on gems. I helped her put it on. Jon walked into kitchen. Lizzie looked back and her eyes went wide.

"I knew I smelled cookies!" He said, as he opened the oven where they were cooking. He looked up and saw Lizzie, and grinned.

"Now who's this?" Jon asked sweetly, pulling out a chair and sitting next to Lizzie.

"Princess Lizzie," I said, smiling.

"Well, how rude of me!" He said, getting up and bowing, as if she really were a princess. I chuckled, and Lizzie blushed.

"So who are you?" She asked, helping me make my tiara extra sparkly.

"I'm Jon, and I'm her prince,"Jon said, pointing to me. I giggled. Lizzie looked excited.

"You're like Beauty and the beast!" She gushed, looking at us. Jon and I both cracked up.

"Who's the beast then?" He said laughing. Lizzie pointed at him smiling, and We laughed even harder.

'Ding.' The timer alarmed us.

"Yes the cookies are done!" Jon fistpumped and Lizzie and I laughed. I took the cookies out of the oven. I slid the cookies off the tray onto a plate with a spatula, and Jon and Lizzie hovered over the plate. Lizzie wasn't tall enough to reach the counter, so Jon picked her up and plopped her down the counter. I laughed when They were gushing about the cookies.

"Best cookies I have ever had!" Jon said, closing his eyes when he ate the cookie.

"Thats why I told her to make them!" Lizzie said laughing.

Jon nodded and said, "Smart kid," I laughed and reminded Lizzie about the park.

"I still want to go! Can Jon come? Pwease Emma?" Lizzie begged.

"Yeah, 'Pwease Emma'," Jon said. Soon I had a pair of brown eyes and a pair if blue eyes looking at me.

I fake sighed. " I guess so," And they both high fived eachother.

_______________________________________________________________________________

(Jon's POV)

Lizzie's small hand grabbed my hand and dragged me to the swings. I heard Em's stifling laughter behind me.

"Will you push me on the swings?" Lizzie asked. I nodded, and started pushing her small back lightly. She started asking me these questions, which were cute.

"Where do you live?" She asked, going high on the swings.

"I actually live in Chicago,"

"Ohh, why?"

"I play hockey for the team's city," I said.

"Ohh.. do you like Emma a lot?" She asked, started to swing on the swings herself. I sat on the swing beside her. I nodded.

"Very much," I smiled. She nodded.

"What's your favorite color?" She asked innocently.

"I would have to probably say-"

"Hey guys," Emma came over and stood by me.

"Emma!" Lizzie jumped off the swing and into Emma's arms.

"Hey girl, whats up?" Em asked, sitting on the tire swing next to me with Emma in her arms. I smiled at them but got interrupted when my phone rang.

"I'll be right back," I said, walking over to the benches.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey man, its Pat. When are you coming back to Chicago? You've missed a lot of practices along with Zac," Pat wondered.

"The 26th. Are you sure you aren't missing me?" I chuckled. I could see Patty rolling his eyes.

"How could anyone miss you? Oh, I gotta go, Sabrina needs something," Pat said, hanging up. Sabrina must've been his new girl or something. I shook it off, and sat on the bench for a little while. Whar would Em and I do once I leave? Would she come with me, or would we do those distance relationships that almost never work? We needed to think that out for sure.

__________________________________________________________________________________

(Back to Emma's POV)

Jon and I finally got Lizzie to sleep, Jon asked if he could talk with me for a second.

"Sure, whats up?" I said, closing the bedroom door behind us.

"Well, what's going to happen when I leave?" He asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. I crossed my arms and bit the bottom of my lip;I never actually thought of that.

"I have no clue. Do you?" I asked, sitting next to him on the bed. He nodded.

"I was thinking..if you wanted to..maybe move in with me, until you're winter break is over," Jon said, scratching the back of his neck. I nodded; it wasn't a bad idea. But I just needed my Mom and Dad's permission, which might be difficult.

"What do you think," He asked, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. I smiled.

"I like it, but I have to ask my mom and dad," I said, sighing.

"Well of course you have to. They will say yes, I know," I cracked up at his ignorance and stood up.

"What's so funny about that?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Its just, no one can estimate my parent's decision. It's true. They could say yes to clubbing, but not to a highschool party." I said, looking around the room Jon is staying in. He adjusted quickly, seeing all his things on the dresser, and his stick and skates leaning against the wall.

"Well, we'll try. Thats the only thing we can do," Jon said, lying down. He patted the side next to him, and I jumped on the bed, wrapped my arms around him.

_______________________________________________________________

A/N-

Hey! I would love your feedback so please comment! Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 2.4K 70
Sometimes things don't work out the way they were supposed to be. Just ask Alexis Martin, a 24 year old girl who has been left to fight for her life...
10.2K 140 13
She isn't supposed to get close to any of her best friends teammates, but she really can't help it when shes suddenly alone in a new city and the onl...
6.5K 44 21
Brielle is a 25 year old girl from Chicago. She is not an ordinary girl. Brielle is Jonathan Toew's girlfriend. Jonathan Toews is the Chicago Blackha...
4.7K 98 19
Patrick Kane relives his and Jonathan Toews's relationship as Jonathan fights for his life.