Safe Haven (SLOW updates)

By Xannny

Everything's not always what it seems..sometimes you just need a safe haven. More

Copyrights 2020
Chapter one
Chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine

chapter twenty-five

1.1K 120 40
By Xannny

Devon walked into the room seeing Genesis laid down with Alana, as soon as she saw her daddy she stood up stumbling to get to him. He lifted her off the bed lifting her in the air as she started to give him kisses while he returned them.

Genesis laid down watching them not bothering to say anything.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked laying down coming to kiss her forehead.

"A little headache but I'm fine."

Genesis was now ten weeks pregnant, they were both happy but they didn't want to tell their sisters yet.

"Your father told me Flaire came to see him." He said making her furrow her eyebrows.

"She didn't say anything to me, he didn't either."

"She didn't say anything?"

"No."

"You think he told her?"

"If he told her, she probably would've come in here swinging then packed her bags."

"I still think you should've told them when everything first happened, that's their mother and father also. They have the right to know. It bought you bits of peace to know everything, you don't think they should know everything?"

"Now that they are older, I have been thinking about telling them."

"You should, just when everything calms down."

"Did you speak to Blaire now that Sevyn is awake?"

"We have an understanding Gen, we got this. Don't worry about that."

Genesis was about to say something until Haven walked into her room looking mad, they furrowed their eyebrows waiting for her to talk.

"Indigo is really pissing me off." She spoke.

"What did she do?"

"She's so nasty! We're the only ones that use our bathroom so I told her whenever I clean the bathroom, she cleans it the following day. She hasn't touched that bathroom in a damn month but yet she always dirties it!"

"Stop yelling Haven," Genesis said due to her having a headache.

"And stop lying! I just cleaned the bathroom last week!" Indigo said walking into the room.

"You wiped the sink and mopped the floor! You were on your period last week and left some blood on the toilet and the tampon wrappers on the window seal!"

"You're a fucking liar Haven."

"Can we just stop yelling? Let's just talk so we could come up with a solution." Genesis said.

"Y'all two are the only ones who use your bathroom, there shouldn't even be a discussion on who's not picking up their slack. Haven you just cleaned it up so tomorrow or in the next two days Indigo you clean it up." Devon said. "From there Haven and it's going to go like that."

"Okay, so when she doesn't clean it then what?"

"You riding the wrong dick." Indigo rolled her eyes.

"If she doesn't clean the bathroom properly, she'll get punished properly. We aren't going to discuss shit that hasn't happened yet."

Haven rolled her eyes walking out of the room, she was so annoyed. She was just starting her period and she couldn't even take a bath in peace because there was hair all in the tub.

Haven began cleaning her room, she hated when things were out of place. She heard a knock on her door and before she could say anything it opened.

"Do you have the Flexi-rods?"

"When you knock you wait for a response." Haven snapped. "And I don't have anything for you so get out of my room."

"Who are you talking to?" Indigo furrowed her eyebrows.

"The only person standing in my room."

"You wanna get punched in your face so bad Haven." Indigo chuckled.

"Just get out of my room."

"Imma leave because I really don't feel like fighting with you."

"Yet you still talking just get out of my room."

"You wanna fight because the minute I beat your ass they going to make me feel so bad because you're so quiet."

"You're trying to argue so bad when you can literally get the fuck out of my room," Haven said dropping the broom.

She walked to her door pushing Indigo making Indigo punch her in the eye as Haven started swinging.

"You gon gimme some?" Devon smirked as Genesis bent over to check the food that was in the oven.

"Giving you some led me to this." She said making him smack his teeth.

"Let's not act as if both of us didn't get us into that." He chuckled smacking her butt. "You hear that?"

Genesis furrowed her eyebrows trying to hear anything but she couldn't. Devon moved closer hearing thumping, he ran up the stairs two at a time seeing Haven and Indigo on the floor in the hallway fighting.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." He mumbled as he bent down to break them up.

"Are y'all serious?" Genesis asked with her head throbbing.

"Back up, I got it." Devon separated them but Haven kicked Indigo making her fall directly back into Genesis who fell directly onto her stomach.

She groaned out in pain as Devon looked at her getting upset.

"YO!" He yelled making all of them jump. "Are y'all fucking stupid? I just fucking solved y'all stupid ass situation and y'all still acting fucking stupid!"

"Devon stop yelling," Genesis mumbled.

"Y'all too fucking comfortable doing what the fuck y'all want!" Devon continued raising his voice. "I'm tired of always giving y'all ass the benefit of the doubt! Y'all are teenagers who swear y'all grown and can't even talk shit out!"

"She hit me first!" Indigo gritted out pissed off.

"I don't give a fuck! Do y'all see my fucking wife on the floor holding her stomach in pain? She fucking pregnant, you fucking idiots!"

"Devon!" Genesis called out.

"Bro, go get dressed so we could go see your OB."

He was so mad, that he couldn't even think straight. He hated how he just talked to them but he was so fucking annoyed.

"Watch Alana and finish the food then feed her. When we get back, it's another story."

He grabbed Genesis as she threw on some sweatpants, he didn't waste any time pulling off to the hospital making sure to call their OB on the way there.

Once they got into the parking lot of the ER, they automatically went into a room since the OB called ahead.

While they took blood from Genesis and made her comfortable Devon decided to call Flaire.

"Where you at?" He asked as soon as answered.

"I'm about to leave work, ask Genny do she still want me to get her kitkats before I get home?"

"We at the hospital so we not gon be there when you get there but still get them. Along with some vanilla bean ice cream, she has been craving that lately."

"My sissy pregnant again?" Flaire smiled then furrowed her eyebrows. "Wait, why are y'all in the hospital?"

"Fucking Indigo and Haven were fighting and they made Genesis fall on her damn stomach."

"Wait, what?" Flaire furrowed her eyebrows as she clocked out seeing Key car in the parking lot. "Do you need me to come there?"

"Nah, go home and take their shit."

"Devon, you do that. I don't have it in me to argue with them tonight for their shit, I'm too tired and they gon be in the hospital right along with Genesis."

"Just let them know I wanna talk to them when I get there."

"Bet, you want anything?"

"Gimme some slim jims and Alana another box of fruit snacks."

"Bet, see you when you get back home. I love y'all, I hope shit alright."

"I love you too." Devon hung up going to kiss Genesis's forehead.

Flaire got in the car kissing Keygan on his lips as they hugged for a few seconds, she told him they needed to stop at Walmart for a second making him nod. They were in Walmart for twenty minutes too long.

"Baby, guess who is pregnant?" Flaire asked once they got back in the car.

"Better not be you."

"A baby not ruining this body, psh." She waved him off making him chuckle. "Genny."

"I knew once Devon took her out of the country she was coming back pregnant." He chuckled.

"Apparently, Indigo and Haven fought and they fell onto Genesis so she is in the hospital right now."

"I know Dev pissed the fuck off."

"He sounded like he was going to lose his shit, I was gon spend the night with you but Imma just go in the house."

"You should, especially if some bad news was to get told."

"Hopefully not."

Flaire did a silent quick prayer for Genesis and her nephew or niece.

After eleven minutes, Keygan pulled up in front of her house. She leaned over to kiss him as he grabbed her face looking into her eyes and making her blush.

"That doesn't mean you can't spend the night with me."

"Ask Dev first then I'll come back."

"You know he isn't going to care but I'll ask. See you in a few." Flaire kissed him again as he watched her go into the house.

Flaire walked into the house making sure to lock the door behind her, she texted Devon to ask for permission then walked to her room going to take a quick shower. When she got out she saw Devon texted her back giving her permission for Keygan to spend the night.

"You good?" She asked walking into Indigo's room.

"Bro, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with her. First, she went to them lying talking about I'm dirty then I go ask her for the Flexi-rods and she kept getting smart with me trying to kick me out her room."

"That's nothing to fight over though Indi, if she asked you to get out of her room just get out."

"I was going until she kept getting smart and she hit me first!" Indigo said frustrated. "I told her twice I didn't want to fight but she was acting like she had a fucking point to prove or something."

"Just stay in your room and relax, it wasn't a serious issue to fight over," Flaire said trying to be reasonable. "Hi, mamas you want me?"

Alana quickly ran to Flaire since she was her favorite aunt.

She walked to Haven's room seeing she was cleaning. She stood in the doorway seeing she was obviously frustrated.

"You good?" Flaire asked.

"No, I'm so aggravated. I'm so tired of babying her. She doesn't clean up shit and I've been ignoring her being so damn dirty because she's been sad but it's getting annoying at this point. Bro we are the only two who use our bathroom, I'm not trying to get no UTI or bacteria from her."

"I understand your frustration, I remember saying the same thing a few years ago about y'all and that's why I got my own bathroom."

"Well, I'm sorry for ever being dirty it's frustrating!"

"That still doesn't mean y'all had to fight Haven, you're wrong for putting your hands on her. Y'all are both obviously going through deeper shit right now but taking it out on each other. Both of y'all need to apologize and make up before they get back because he's heated."

"I'll apologize, just not now I'm still mad."

"Well, did y'all take out the food she was cooking? And did y'all feed my baby?"

"It was cooling off."

"Well come get a plate. You too Indigo!"

Flaire walked downstairs putting Alana in her chair as she turned to look at her. "Look how your ratchet aunties acting, the tables have turned Honey."

Alana just smiled at her not understanding what she was saying making her chuckle.

"Just smile and wave boys." Flaire joked making Alana smile. "I'm starting to think you understand me."

"Watch who you bumping into." Flaire heard Indigo say to Haven as they walked down the stairs.

"Stop talking to me, for real."

"My pleasure, the fuck? Like Imma cry."

"So then why are you still talking?" Haven scrunched her eyebrows up.

"Whew, chile," Flaire mumbled shaking her head getting a text from Keygan saying he was on his way.

"Flaire, I'm about to punch her in her shit," Indigo said getting upset.

"We're brothers, we're happy and we're colored," Flaire mumbled.

"Do it then Indigo." Haven rolled her eyes.

"If y'all fight again, I'mma knock both y'all the fuck out and y'all can't beat me," Flaire said jumping in front of Indigo. "Y'all just don't care y'all put Genny in the hospital?"

"That's her! She acting so fucking tough today and with the wrong fucking person! I haven't done shit to her ass. She woke up from her nap lying and shit!"

"Lying about what? You shaved your legs today and instead of cleaning that shit up, you let it build! I couldn't even take a bath because there's hair in the fucking tub and piss on the toilet. I always have to clean up after you!"

"Bitch look at my fucking legs!" Indigo pointed. "I haven't shaved shit!"

Both Flaire and Haven looked at her legs seeing they weren't shaved.

"My fucking boyfriend is in the hospital! I don't even go to cheerleading practice no more, when will I have the fucking time to shave you dumb bitch?"

Flaire tucked her lips to keep from laughing as she turned away to make Keygan and Alana's plates. She just knew Haven was feeling so dumb and she was going to be feeling guilty in a minute."

"Hey, family," Keygan said coming into the kitchen. "I could hear y'all yelling from outside, y'all need to cool out."

"Let me just make my plate so I can go back upstairs." Indigo rolled her eyes.

"When Devon gets here he taking y'all shit sooo." Flaire dragged out.

"For what?" Haven scrunched her face up.

"Because y'all sent his wife to the hospital?" Flaire sarcastically questioned handing Keygan his plate as she pushed Alana's chair to the living room to feed her.

~

Regina nervously sat in front of Don as he handed her a bottle of water. They were sitting in his living room after she called him to talk.

Don was a 6'6 tall man with beautiful glowing swarthy skin. He had a full grown beard that was well kept and faded every two weeks. He sported bushy eyebrows that were naturally arched with a scar that resided right under his left eye. He was currently in the process of growing his naturally curly hair out so he sported a taper fade.

His phone began ringing making both of their attention look at the caller ID, Regina saw the name Sharon pop up making her lean back. He pressed the lock button on the side making the phone go silent.

"If you needed to take that, you could've." Regina broke the silence making him look at her.

"We're supposed to be having a talk so all my attention is on you."

"I just don't know where to start."

"How about ghosting me for two weeks?" He spoke standing up to turn off his kitchen light, he couldn't afford to waste energy. "If you wasn't feeling me anymore-"

"It wasn't anything you did." Regina cut him off. "Everything was on me, I needed some things to work out."

"Are they worked out?"

"I don't think they'll ever be worked out." She spoke honestly.

"Can I just ask is this a talk to let me know why we can't date or is this a talk letting me know you're still interested?"

Regina looked down at her hands since she began sweating, she twisted her lips to the side feeling herself get emotional.

Understanding social cues, he sat down next to her holding both of her hands rubbing them gently before he bought one to his mouth to kiss it.

"Talk to me."

"I'm still interested." She informed. "But I didn't want to go through the process of you not being interested in me once you got to know me."

"What can you say that would make me not want you? Are you a murderer? Rapist? Child molester? Thief? Arsonist?" He joked.

"How about damaged, bully, suicidal, manic depressed, abused, and rape victim." She threw out there with a tear sliding out her eye.

Don looked at her taken aback by the last two but he quickly changed his face not wanting to seem like he was judging her.

"I stopped talking to you because in order to know me you have to get the stories on who I am and what I've been through."

"We've only been talking for two months, you didn't have to rush to tell me anything."

"I want to tell you everything because then I wouldn't have to worry if you'll still be interested in me further down the line."

"So I'm listening, you have my undivided attention."

He grabbed a tissue from the tissue box he had sitting on the table, he wiped her face then handed her another one so she can go into depth. They sat in silence for a few minutes then she began talking.

"My dad was murdered two years ago." She started out. "My dad was having an affair with my mom and the lady he was having an affair with husband killed them both."

She wiped her eyes hoping she wasn't going to be crying this whole story.

"I never really got along with my mom so when he was killed, she began doing drugs and drinking. She was a nurse so she got caught stealing pills and they fired her, from then she started beating me. She would burn me with cigarettes, she stabbed me, cut me with razors, and do way worse things you can't begin to imagine."

"Wow." He spoke in shock not expecting this.

"I was in a relationship at this time and when Ezra saw all the bruises, he would get curious and ask questions. I broke up with him so he wouldn't find out anything, one day my mom bought a random man in the house and they began jumping me. As soon as they were finished Ezra came to talk and he saw my face and put two and two together and he's been there for me since then."

"That's the one you live with now, right?"

"Yes, we live together because one night one of my mom's boyfriends raped me while she watched and Ezra walked into it. He was almost sent to jail so he finally told his parents everything about me. They allowed me to stay in their home and got me a job, I have never been happier."

"So you and Ezra?'

"Are just friends, best friends when his other best friend isn't around." She smiled repeating his words. "I was in love with Ezra for a long time but he's in love with another female."

"Sound like you're still in love with him."

"I thought I was but I am not." She honestly smiled. "He's the only person who has seen me in every stage of my life. Happy with both parents, depressed without one, the bully side of me, and the very shy side of me. He has never judged me and never turned his back on me, I love Ezra so much for his heart but I don't love him to be with me."

"I understand what you're saying. When you can depend on someone so much, you can also misplace feelings."

"I was never a mean girl." She spoke beginning to cry. "When I was younger, I hated bullies. I never understood how someone could hurt someone so defenseless so when I became a bully I hated everything about myself."

"How'd you become a bully then?"

"The lady my dad was cheating on is the girl I bullied daughter, her name is Haven and she's also Ezra's girlfriend."

Don furrowed his eyebrows taking in everything. "Did you start bullying her before she got with Ezra or after?"

"Before."

"What would you do?"

"My friends and I would corner her in the bathroom and make her cry talking about her family, I sometimes would pull her hair, throw her stuff around, just pick with her."

"Have you stopped?"

"I haven't bullied Haven since I stopped being bullied."

"Since she's Ezra's girlfriend, do y'all talk?"

"I will speak to her in passing or if my friends try to bully her, I'll stop it-"

"So, your friends still be on that?"

"Yeah, even when I tell them to stop."

"So then it's time to get new friends. If you want shit to be different then you have to change not just yourself but the people you surround yourself with."

"I didn't think about it like that," Regina spoke.

"I hate a bully myself and since you know you were wrong I'm not going to give you a lecture on it but if you really wanted to grow, you would apologize and make amends."

"I've been thinking of it but how do you go to someone and say since your mom fucking my dad was the worse thing that ever happened to me I wanted to be the worse thing that ever happened to you?"

"Maybe start with part of the reason you started bullying her in the first place because if you mean it doesn't matter what you say."

"I do mean it." Regina let him know. "Thinking about everything I did is ridiculous. Haven is the sweetest shyest person ever and she was grieving her mom and I was doing so many fucked up things to her. I honestly feel like the worse person ever."

"If you were a bad person you wouldn't feel guilt." He told her. "You're acknowledging your role in everything and you're changing yourself. That's the best thing to do for yourself, whether Haven accepts your apology or not because she doesn't have to, you still wanted to do it and that's what counts."

"What do I do if she doesn't accept it?"

"Nothing." He shrugged. "Just because you mean it doesn't mean she's ready, if she ever chooses to forgive you that's her choice. You just show her you mean it with changed behavior."

"I think I need to get rid of my therapist and give you my insurance instead." She tried to joke making him chuckle.

"Do you think you're ready to date?"

"Date? Yes. Give my body to another man? Not quite yet."

"Understandable." He nodded his head. "I wasn't expecting this the talk we needed to have but I'm still interested. Everybody has a past so I'm not going to judge you for your shit."

"Thank you." She nodded.

"Wanna go get some Chick-Fil-A and go to a drive-in movie?" He asked her standing up.

"We can." She smiled as he walked away going into his room while she texted Ezra.

Thank you for loving me so much that you know when I'm being stupid, you were so right and I owe you my life. I'm going to be just fine.

She sent the text and then stood up when she heard Don coming her way, he grabbed her hand kissing it again as he held it while they walked out the door.

She smiled walking to the car.

Who knew her mother going to jail would be the best thing that ever happened to her.
__________________________

Unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.8K 2.2K 27
All you ever wanted is to have someone that you can trust, talk to, be yourself with and when you thought you found that someone, suddenly everything...
518 38 26
Life is unpredictable, you never know when the next high or low will strike you.
2.1K 41 199
Poetry, sayings, and quotes I have personally written. Everyday life is complicated and confusing but I try and find beauty in that too
1M 23.7K 16
Nothing stays the same, everything and everyone changes. Sometimes it's for the best, most times it's for the worst. You don't ever get over anything...