Little Rainbow

By verinaeliz

In a small sleepy town somewhere in America a little baby girl lay sleeping in a basket on the front porch of... More

C0 A Baby Girl
C1 Iridessa Magnolia Cullen
C2 Diagon Alley
C3 Hogwarts Express
C4 Year1 Part1
C5 Year1 Part2
C6 Year1 Part3
C7 Year1 Part4
C8 Year1 Part5
C9 Year1 Part6
C10 Summer
C11 Year2 Part1
C12 Year2 Part2
C13 Year2 Part3
C14 The Quidditch World Cup
C15 Year3 Part1
C16 Year3 Part2
C17 Year3 Part 3
C18 Year3 Part4
C19 Year3 Part5
C20 Year3 Part6
C21 Moving To Utensilville
C22 Year4 Part1
C23Year4 Part2
C24 Year4 Part3
C25 Decisions, Decisions
C26 Year5 Part1
C27 Year5 Part2
C28 Year5 Part3
C29 Coming Home Early
C30 TLC and A Little Jealousy
C31 Too Many Questions
C32 Wedding Invitation
C33 Carlisle said No
C34 The Ministry Has Fallen
C35 The Muggle School
C37 The Volturi
C38 The Bitch Returns
C39 The Truth About Bella Swan
C40 The Final Move From Forks
C41 Don't Get Into Trouble
C42 War's End And Weddings And Happily Ever After

C36 A Birthday Party

1.6K 67 4
By verinaeliz

"A Birthday party ? For Bella Swan? Why?"

" Iridessa, she's Edward's girlfriend, and she's going to be one of us one day ," Alice said as she gathered up her Party Planning Book.

It was one of Alice's most treasured things.

When Iridessa was little and turned four , she had the greatest birthday party.

Now, it wasn't a princess party. She wanted to be a pirate captain and find treasure.

Alice made it happen, even if she was reluctant to. She wanted Iridessa to be a princess.

The next year she got her wish.

" I am not helping you decorate, and I am not attending the party. I have my studies. I'll hide in my room until she goes home."

Alice narrowed her eyes at her. " Rosalie are going to be there , so you can make an effort also. Do it for Edward ,if not for Bella."

Iridessa huffed. " Edward's not going to care if I'm there or not. He knows I can't stand that girl."

" Iridessa, I am not asking, I'm telling you!"

Iridessa glared at Alice. It wasn't often that they fought, but does happen.

" You can't tell me what to do , you're not Mommy!"

" I am as good as . I helped raise you!"

" It doesn't matter! I'm not going to attend some Muggle girl's party!"

" Yes you are!"

Iridessa glared harder, ignoring the way the house shook as her anger got out of hand.

There was a rush of wind and arms wrapped around her. She looked up to see Jasper and he stood there concentrating on calming her down.

She didn't want to calm down, but the wave hit her and she had no choice.

" Alice, please stop antagonizing the child. She has the right to say no just like everyone else ."

" But I want her to be there,Jazz."

" I know, but you heard her, she has studying to do."

" She can leave it for one night, can't she?"

Iridessa listened to them talk and bristled inwardly. She wasn't a child anymore and how dare they talk about her like she isn't there?!

" She can , but she won't. Bella won't want her there anyway. That girl forgets that Iridessa are a child of this family and she ain't. Come on, Darlin' . You know Bella and Iridessa aren't friends. So don't force them together at your own fancies. Bella must learn that she's the intruder and not Iridessa. Now get dressed for school or you're going to be late. Both of you."

Iridessa looked down at her pajamas. She didn't want to go to school today , but Jasper looked like he'll throw her over his shoulder and take her to school.

" Can't we negotiate?"

" No."

" Why not?"

" Because Dad said school is good for you."

" But nobody likes me there!"

Jasper sighed. He knew that she was seen as a troublemaker by everyone in this town, and no matter how much he and his family says otherwise, people keep on believing what they want to believe.

"Just get dress,Irid_"

" It's okay. Mom says she can stay out of school for today," Rosalie said from the doorway of Alice and Jasper's bedroom.

Iridessa's face lit up." Really?!"

" Yes. But it's only because your tutor are coming today and not this Friday. He has someone else to tutor then."

With a bright smile the caramel blonde ran out of the room and to her room to check that she had everything.

She then got dressed and gathered her things to carry them to the basement where she would be studying with the tutor.

She wasn't allowed to study anywhere else in the house lest Bella catches a glimpse of it and then the Witch  would be out of the bag.

She did not want Bella knowing her business.
            💖💋💙💋💖
" We're leaving?! Why?!"

" Iridessa, it's for the best ," Esme said cupping her daughter's face and looking into her eyes.

" But why, Mommy?," she asked meekly.

" Bella almost got killed last night. She got a paper cut and Jasper went crazy."

Iridessa frowned." I have gotten paper cuts lots and lots of times and he never tried to eat me," she argued.

" I know,but your blood isn't like Bella's, Sweetling. It's calming and we don't want to eat you. You're our family." She stepped closer, lowering her hands to pull Iridessa close to her. " It's for the best , Iridessa. For Edward's sake."

Iridessa sighed. Then nodded. " What about my tutor?"

" There's one in the State of New York. She doesn't live far from where we'll be living ."

" Where will we be_"

" Ithaca."

" Oh.... Do I have to go to Muggle school there?"

" No, not if you don't want to."

" Okay, that's good."

Esme smiled and nodded. " Now let's get packing."

The girl sighed and looked down at her feet . She was just getting used to living in one place. Now they are leaving just because some Muggle got a paper cut.

It just wasn't fair. She'd lived for years with her family without making trouble and now a normal human  girl comes and does just that.

She helped her family pack, feeling quite angry with the girl and her brother. In fact , why doesn't Edward go away alone if he so desperately wants to? Why should they have to leave also?

" Iridessa, don't think so much on it ," Edward spoke as he walked into her room to help her with the rest of her things," It'll all be alright in the end, you'll see."

He didn't scold her for her angry thoughts and didn't explain anything.

He didn't call her Maggie either. He'd stopped calling her Maggie for a while now.

She didn't feel happy about that.

" You'll ride with me this time," he spoke," I must go do something first , though."

She nodded and didn't ask what he had to go do. It wasn't any of her business.

They finished packing and then let the movers  come in to collect their things.

She got into Edward's car to wait for him and was half asleep when he arrived back.

" Sleep, Little Sister," he said as she grumbled sleepily about him being too loud.

She obliged.
             💖💋💙💋💖
" I'm going to be leaving for a while. Do some traveling and such," Edward dropped the bomb to his family once the new house was set up.

" No!," Iridessa cried ," You can't ! You made us leave Forks and now....and now you want to leave us also? You can't! You just can't!" She sniffled as tears ran down her face.

Edward flinched, his heart feeling like it was being cut into pieces. He didn't like it when his little sister cried.

" Iridessa, I'll come home again. It won't_"

" No! Please? Don't .... don't do this, Edward."

He sighed and moved to pull her into a hug, missing the little girl version of her that was cute and small and warm and smelled like baby powder.

This one was more matured.

" I love you, Sis. But I have to do this," he whispered against her hair.

He really did love her. Very much.

"Please.... Edward, please?"

He let her go , stepping back, shaking his head. He wasn't going to give in.

She watched him walk away sadly, her eyes swimming in tears.

Arms wrapped around her. It was Jasper's. He who have told just as many great stories to her when she was little.

" He'll come back, Little Flower. He's hurting now."

" Because of Bella. Everything is because of her."

" Don't say that. I know it's true, but it doesn't help anyone. Come on, let's go for a walk. I think there's an ice cream shop around the corner. We'll get some."

She didn't say anything as he took her hand to lead her away from the house. Ice cream did make her feel better sometimes.

She had a feeling it won't this time.
            💖💋💙💋💖
Hope you liked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 1.7K 11
Jazmine Potter goes with a friend of her's to New Orleans to try and find her friends family, but what turns out to be a small trip turns permanent. ...
111K 2.6K 56
A little 11 year old girl was extremely shy and didn't fit in. When the Sorting Hat tried to place her, it didn't know which House to put her in. Now...
12.3K 187 20
The Christmas Holidays. Little Lily-Luna is excited to finally be out of muggle school for 2 weeks, and see her family that's normally at Hogwarts. B...
567K 13.2K 75
Lillian Knight comes from a long line of powerful witches. As a baby, she was blessed by the ancestors and nature and gave her more magic because the...