PERIPETEIA ⚜️ E.MIKAELSON

By kneeklausmikaeIson

PERIPETEIA [per-uh-peh-tahy-uh] • GREEK (n.) sudden or unexpected reversal of circumstances; the point of no... More

[ Summary ]
[ ACT I ]
[ The Return ]
[ The Ultimatum ]
[ The Revelation ]
[ The Alliance ]
[ The Connection ]
[ The Plan ]
[ The Execution ]
[ The Shutters ]
[ The Clinic ]
[ The Past ]
[ The Harvest ]
[ The Hex ]
[ The Threat ]
[ The Bayou ]
[ The Hallucinations ]
ACT II
[ The Surprise ]
[ The Reunion ]
[ The Witches ]
[ The Garden ]
[ The Drawings ]
[ The Exes ]
[ The Wind ]
[ The Blame ]
[ The Bones ]
[ The Burial ]
ACT III
[ The Rousting ]
[ The Poison ]
[ The Names ]
[ The Hostage ]
[ The Ressurection ]
[ The Unexpected ]
[ The Party ]
[ The Chaos ]
[ The Window ]
ACT IV
[ The Recruits ]
[ The Fight ]
[ The Stake ]
[ The Sunshine ]
[ The Haunting ]
[ The Call ]
[ The Cabin ]
[ The Door ]
[ The Savior ]
[ The Rambling ]
[ The Realisation ]
[ The Truth ]
[ The Babysitter ]
[ The Suit ]
[ The Stag ]
[ The Stars ]
[ The Flames ]
[ The Confession ]
[ COMPLETED ]

[ The History ]

5.5K 205 11
By kneeklausmikaeIson

CHAPTER 4
[ New Orleans, 2011 ]

5 months earlier.

"Jane-anne?" A voice croaked out from the doorway, the older witch lifted her head and was greeted with the sight of a teary eyed Georgia.

She walked further into the room as Jane-Anne gestured for her to do so, quickly pulling the girl into a hug.

"I'm so sorry" she cried into the woman's shoulder. "It wasn't supposed to happen like this"

Jane-Anne consoled the girl, it had been 3 months since she had seen her, Georgia had been holed up in her apartment since she was publicly exiled by the witches due to her affiliation with Marcel and her role in the events of the harvest ritual. While Jane-Anne had the most reason to banish her, she understood the girls desire to keep her sister safe, after all Jane-Anne would do anything to protect her sister. Jane-Anne trusted upon the harvest, while Georgia had her doubts.

Everything would have been drastically different if she hadn't interfered but Jane-Anne's life was not free of mistakes and she didn't see the point in exiling the girl any longer. It would take some time to regain the covens trust, but Jane-Anne was willing to fight by Georgia's side. In everyone's good interest. "It's okay sweet, it will all work out."

──────── ✧ ────────

"So, if I had to guess, knowing Klaus's history, Elijah has a dagger in his chest. It's a magical object, you're a witch. Do a locator spell, locate the dagger, locate Elijah." Rebekah stated simply, glancing over at the Devereaux witch as they walked amongst the mausoleums of the cemetery.

"I can't use magic. It's punishable by death – Marcel's rules." Sophie stated, sick of the originals and their demands.

"Marcel? What do you think I'm going to do to you if you don't give me what I want?"  Rebekah quipped, stopping to look at the witch.

"Not much. I've been linked, so anything you do to me, you do to Hayley."

Rebekah furrowed her eyebrows, pausing for a moment to think "Who?"

Sophie raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, right the mumzy. Well, luckily for you, Elijah seems to care about her, otherwise I'd break your neck right here." The original remarked, as Sophie simply rolled her eyes.

"How did Marcel get so bloody powerful, anyway? He wasn't like this when I left a hundred years ago."

"Marcel has a way to tell whenever there's magic done in the Quarter. The 'how' isn't relevant." Sophie sighed, the originals knowing about Davina was not in anyones best interest.

"I'll tell you what's not bloody relevant – a coven of witches who can't do magic. Here's an idea: move away." Rebekah suggested as she sat down upon a step.

"We practice ancestral magic. This cemetery is filled with the remains of our witch ancestors." She gestured to the many mausoleums surrounding the pair. "Without access to them, we're powerless. If we run, we're leaving our legacy behind – our home, our family."

Rebekah sighed. "Well, family's overrated. Look at me. I'm back in a city that's given me nothing but heartache, looking for a brother who's hell-bent on protecting a baby I don't care about."

"I find that hard to believe. You're here, aren't you?" Sophie smirked, sitting beside the blonde.

"I'm here for Elijah. The instant I find him, I'm gone. He was the one who idiotically believed this baby would be Niklaus' redemption. And now he's missing, probably at the hands of Klaus himself. And you were foolish enough to believe that Elijah could convince Klaus to go against Marcel, when everyone knows that they have a history."

Sophie cut off Rebekah's short rant. "Klaus sired Marcel. I'm aware."

"You don't understand. Marcel is not just some guy that Klaus turned into a vampire. Klaus loved him like a son." The Devereaux witch raised as eyebrow as Rebekah began to tell the story of the day they met Marcel, and how Klaus had given him his name.

"Klaus saw himself in the boy. He remembered how our father used to beat him. He, too, was the bastard child of a man who saw him as nothing but a beast. And that is why your plan will fail. All you've done if bring back together two long-lost souls. Without Elijah between them, who knows what they'll do." Rebekah sighed, standing from her spot and walking off. While Sophie attempted to absorb what she had just heard.

──────── ✧ ────────

Marcel searched through the hoards of people in Rousseau's for a familiar hybrid, as Georgia worked quickly behind bar, attempting to remain calm as orders were continuously shouted in her direction. She opened her mouth in protest as Marcel approached the bar but was quickly cut off.

"Bad time I know, but is Klaus here?" The girl sighed, pointing towards the end of the bar as she poured a drink, directing Marcel to the blond hybrid.

"I know that face – woman trouble." Klaus chuckled as he approached him, noticing him from the moment he stepped in to the usually quiet establishment.

"You're a dick, you know that? Why didn't you tell me your sister's back in town?" Marcel raised an eyebrow.

Klaus smirked. "Well, I thought it would be more amusing for you to find out for yourself."

"Is there anything else that I need to know?" Marcel quipped, still searching for his sires motive to return to the city.

"Only that she's grown considerably more insane in the last century." Klaus smiled happily, pouring himself another drink from the bottle he had purchased.

He gestured the bottle toward Marcel who shook his head.  "Or maybe that it was her who killed my guys?"

Georgia listened discretely as she cleaned glasses, before the next rush of orders came through.

"Doubtful." Klaus chuckled. "Unless that biker bar is frequented by small-town, high school quarterbacks, I can't imagine she'd be interested."

Marcel began to speak as his phone rang, he held his finger up to Klaus as he answered the call. In that moment Georgia wished she had the ability to listen like a vampire or to mutter an enchantment under her breath, but she wasn't sure where Davina's loyalties lay at that moment in time and Georgia wasn't willing to risk it.

Marcel spoke quietly and promptly before hanging up.

"Well, I guess that solves the mystery of the murdered riffraff. At least my sister's in the clear." Klaus grinned menacingly.

"About that. I don't have time for Mikaelson family drama. You're my guest – keep your sister in line." Marcel didn't wait for a response as he began to leave the bar.

"I'd have a greater chance of draining the Mississippi with a straw!" Klaus called out, as Georgia allowed a soft laugh to push past her lips.

Klaus eyed her, recognising her from the mausoleum as he waved her over with his finger.

"Yes?" She glanced at him nervously as she dried off a glass.

"When do you break?"

Georgia laughed to herself. "I'm working by myself, I don't"

"Well when do you close?" He smirked, pouring himself another drink.

"3 hours" she stated, intimated by his intense stare.

Klaus slid a few 100 bills across the bar. "How about now? I think we could be of use to each other"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 934 21
A love triangle between Elijah, Klaus and Elena. Klaus and Elena are sworn enemies. He killed her Aunt Jenna, initially tried to kill her, in order...
98.2K 1.6K 26
Book one of the hybrid series ~~~ "Don't fuck with my feelings, just because you are unsure of your own." ~~~ Life is hard, isn't it? Being separate...
227K 9.2K 25
-Reflection- •Noun• 》A thing that is a consequence of or arises from something else -Glitch- •Verb• 》Suffer a sudden malfunction or irregarity ...
502K 21.3K 47
˖⋆࿐໋₊𝕯𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖛𝖊 (DISCONTINUED) DEFECTIVE. (a.) something or someone that is imperfect or...