INFINITY

By Lady_Luna_Latteton

Alyona Ivanov-Stark is your typical deranged and two face friend. An Avenger with a life of... Well, a villai... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
062
SPECIAL CHAPTER
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
075
076
078
079
080
081
082
083
084
085
086
087
088
089
SPECIAL CHAPTER [1/2]
090
091
092
093.5
093
094
095
096
097
098
099
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
[SPECIAL CHAPTER 2/2]
112
113
CHARACTER PROFILE
114

077

62 6 1
By Lady_Luna_Latteton

ALYONA'S POINT OF VIEW

The time I visited back in earth-616 went faster than I thought, I'm currently standing in front of Kamar Taj. Namwoon and I will leave tomorrow afternoon. "Strange! Wong! Wanda!" I yelled at the door accompanied by heavy knocks. "Hi! Uhh, all of them are busy assisting the new arrival student?" Someone else opened the door.

"Thank you, can I come in?" He nodded and opened the door wide. "Let's go in," I trudge after him towards where my student is. He seemed to get stronger after 2 days of unrelenting training. "How's it going?" Wong look at me and smiled, "The soul stone aided him... He can be at least a little better now... He can conjure the basic spells with ease and of course... Astral Projection." I smiled and nodded.

"Shit!" Namwoon fell from an endless loop of portals. "Easy Strange!" I chuckled at him. He looked at me and stopped his assault on Kim Namwoon. "He's quick to learn but quite a handful teen... Much handful than Peter itself," I nodded and smiled. Kim Namwoon was kneeling breathing hard.

"I figured, anyway, I needed the things I ask for." They both smile and handed me the items. They were all covered in a huge brown satin towel. "How are you Alyona? Are you also getting better in Mystic Art?" I smiled and nodded. "At least, for now, I can conjure the basic and complex spells with ease." The both of them nodded. "The eye of Agammoto is in your care, It's only fair because you're the new wielder of the time stone."

I nodded and walk toward Kim Namwoon. "Alyona-ssi! Shit! You don't know how long I've trained." He gasped for breath as he stood up. His hands and knees shake as he walks beside me. "Get ready, we will be discussing your mission later on." he nodded and limp beside me. "Wong, Strange I can't stay longer but thank you!" The both of them smiled at me and watch us disappear into the portal.

***

Namwoon and I were seated at the Café Mj was working from, "So, Ms. Stark any orders yet?" I smiled and look at Namwoon. "I'll have 2 shots of ice americano with Almond milk and one pump of vanilla. Oh, and a slice of blueberry cheesecake... Namwoon?" Mj wrote my order in her notepad. "My beverage is Large okay?" She nodded and look at Namwoon. "I'll have the same as her."

Mj nodded and walked off, "Namwoon... What I'm about to tell you is very confidential and I want you to execute this plan without imperfections and failure." He gulped and nodded, "The moment you return I need you to project your astral form down to the underworld and create a strong Gundam... You're gonna stay down there until the gigantomachia event... I know it's long, but you can still return to us. If you knew how to conjure portals from different dimensions..."

He secreted nervously, "W-what?" I sighed and look away, "You're gonna make a Gundam... We need that for future events. Can you do it for me?" He looks down nervously and nodded. "In exchange, if you did exactly what I said... I'll reward you something good." His eyes lit up and nodded. "Your real body will be sealed inside my inventory, You can come up to the mortal world while we breached their system."

He nodded and smiled looking outside. "We leave tomorrow afternoon, I know I said a week to stay here. But we can't delay time any longer." He nodded and look at his hands. "Have you tried illegal car racing?" He perked up at my words. "Excuse me, here are your orders... That'll be $28.55," I pulled out 100 dollar bill and handed it to her. "The change is your's little Mj," She smiled and skip toward the cashier.

"We eat first then... We do what you want," I smiled at him and ate my cheesecake. "Also, I have made you a new suit." He smiled and nodded, "Being here with you isn't so bad! Fuck! I can get used to this!" He laughs maniacally. "Mind your language little shit," He laughs more at my words. "That Captain you talk about Alyona-ssi... I've seen his arms, It's huge as Hyunsung-ssi!" I nodded and smiled.

"And oh fuck! That man with the metal arms-" I smiled and laugh at his enthusiasm. "I can cut off your arm in exchange for a metal one..." He stopped for a moment and laughed. "It would take long to make you a metal arm." He nodded and finish the last bit of his cake. "Mj! We'll live now, tell Peter and Ned we dropped in." She smiled and waved back to us.

+++

KIM DOKJA'S POINT OF VIEW

The broken pieces of moonstone fell to the ground. A being scattering a silver mane was hatching. If he was a cub, I could control him using the 'imprinting' phenomenon. But this being wasn't such a naive creature. Oh, If Alyona was here communicating with this creature wouldn't be hard as I thought.

[You have encountered a creature from a different world for the first time in this scenario.]

[Affinity with the species from a different world has increased.]

[2,000 coins have been rewarded.]

[You have received a bonus skill for smooth communication with the other world species.]

['Other World Interpreter Lv. 1' has been acquired.]

I was shocked to see the message in front of me, I could hear Han Sooyoung gulp next to me. It was natural to be nervous since the encounter with the other world species was the prelude to the fifth scenario. It was completely different from the previous scenarios. The slightest mistake in the fifth scenario could cause all of Seoul to disappear.

[The exclusive skill 'Other World Interpreter Lv. 1' is activated.]

[The effect of the item Protection Symbol of the Imyuntar has increased understanding of the specific language.]

[Automatic interpretation has started.]

The item I got from the fire dragon would be helpful from now on. I heard a voice from the shining moonstone. "#%#$... damn, already?" Is this what Alyona hears when different species talk to her? The creature curled up inside the moonstone grumbled and raised its body. The silver mane reminded me of a wolf at first glance, but I knew he was different from a wolf. Above all, I knew the species of this person.

They are three meters tall. The dominant species of the world 'Chronos' that can transform using the moonstone at night. They are fighters with monstrous physical strength who use the power of the wind.

One of the five dominant species of Chronos. "I am the great first wolf."

In Chronos, they call the first wolf 'Imyuntar'.

"I am Lycaon of the Imyuntar." There was a creepy breathing sound in the darkness of the night, causing the surroundings to be still. I made eye contact with him while Han Sooyoung hid behind me. Of course, I didn't back down and activated the character list skill.

[The exclusive skill, Character List is activated.]

+

[Character Information]

Name: Lycaon Isparang

Age: 371 years old.

Constellation Support: Shadow of a Destroyed World

Private Attribute: Noble Imyuntar (Hero), Humiliated Survivor (Rare)

Exclusive Skills: Way of the Wind Lv. 9, Advanced Weapons Training Lv. 9, Roar of the Battlefield Lv. 8, Sage's Insight Lv. 4, Steel Skin Lv. 8, Acting Lv. 4...

Stigma: Destruction Delivery Lv. 1

Overall Stats: Physique Lv. 75, Strength Lv. 75, Agility Lv. 75, Magic Power Lv. 75.

Overall Evaluation: One of the five dominant species of the destroyed Chronos. After losing his world, he invested in the Star Stream and became a guide in the scenario. He is characterized by always looking at the world with eyes filled with remorse.

+

As expected, the hero of another world had great skills and stats. The average stats was level 75. He exceeded the current limit of the scenario. He was the goal of many representatives. Even Alyona hadn't this much strength. Lycaon's blue eyes looked down at me like I was interesting.

"You are the ones who woke me up?" I nodded. "I see... Is it finally time? Congratulations on clearing the tutorial scenarios, warriors of this world." It sounded like a tutorial. It was funny how he imitated the dokkaebi for dramatic effect. There was no tutorial in this world. Every scenario was an actual event and the dead couldn't come back again. Then what type of tutorial existed?

"Those who are facing extinction. First, I deeply regret that 'disaster' has come to your world." Lycaon spoke while looking up at the sky. He was looking at the Great Hall over Seoul, Korea. A huge vortex reminiscent of a black hole was gradually increasing its volume every moment. Lycaon would've also seen the Great Hall on the day his world was destroyed.

All guides in the scenarios were those who lost their homes to the scenarios. "Since I am here, you can rest assured. I am a 'guide' to stop the destruction of this world. I will train you to prepare for the disaster and give you the necessary instructions. And..." It came out quite hastily but he was good at reciting the words. He probably got a manual from a dokkaebi.

Lycaon suddenly stopped talking. "...By the way, you are the only ones who woke me up?" I nodded and pointed behind me, "It is just us." Han Sooyung shuddered at my actions. "Strange. The fourth scenario isn't cleared? If it had been cleared properly, the five guides, including myself, would be hatched in the same place... Where is the owner of the Absolute Throne?"

He was right. Originally, the five guides, including Lycaon, would gather as soon as the master of the Absolute Throne was born. "We have no king,"  I spoke to Lycaon. "There is no king... did the master of the Absolute Throne die? No way. At present, there is no way to kill the master of the Absolute Throne." Lycaon expressed his disbelief in a threatening manner.

"There was no owner of the Absolute Throne from the beginning." I said to him without batting an eye, "What does that mean?" He asks me in disbelief. "We cleared the fourth scenario without getting the Absolute Throne." Flames appeared in Lycaon's eyes.

"Are you lying to me right now? Such a thing is impossible! The fourth scenario doesn't end until someone takes the throne." I sighed and shook my head before speaking again. "There is also the method of destroying the Absolute Throne." Lycaon's expression stiffened. He seemed to grasp my words and his eyes widened.

"...Perhaps?" The embarrassment of such a noble hero was worth seeing. His silver mane quivered as he looked closely at me. "The numerous constellations...surely you didn't destroy the throne...?" Then Alyona's voice rung around the vicinity of the area, startling even me. "That's right, He destroyed the throne to stop Seoul from getting annihilated..." Han Sooyoung and Lycaon trembled at Alyona's voice.

"How could you do such a terrible thing?" Lycaon let out many curses that I couldn't hear properly. Han Sooyoung looked at the bellowing Lycaon and whispered to me, "Hey, was it that serious? For you...? And is that your girlfriend?" Han Sooyoung also received Other World Interpreter and heard the conversation. Lycaon screamed before I could answer.

"Why did you do that? Now there is no one in the world under the banner of that great god?" Alyona's voice answered for me again, "No," Lycaon's face was crestfallen. "Ahh! The Star Stream constellations didn't care about Chronos! Now, this world is ruined! Living things with less intelligence than a kobold should do their jobs!"

I felt scorn as I watched the despairing Lycaon. Alyona's connection to me get stronger as soon as I started to see the view in her POV. Yes, this was the essence of these guys. On the surface, they were dispatched to help this world. However, they had a separate purpose that I would never let happen.

"Prince of the Imyuntar, Lycaon Isparang. It is too early to be frustrated."  The prideful prince of the Imyuntar immediately responded to the change in my attitude. He growled out angrily. "Cheeky human. Show respect in front of a great species! You don't know the weight of your sin!" Alyona's giggle shut Lycaon up. "Lycaon, didn't you see anything when your world perished? The Imyuntar were the ruling species of Chronos, not Earth."

 "There were five disasters that destroyed your world." Lycaon's expression stiffened. Alyona continued talking, "What..." Alyona sighed and continued talking through my mouth. "The southern continent of Chronos where you lived was destroyed by the dragon. Right?" Lycaon's eyes filled with disbelief. "How do you know this?"

"Fire Dragon Igneel. The Disaster of Burning Hell. It is the name of the disaster that destroyed your world."  The small disaster that I killed, Lesser Igneel was originally a 'disaster.' A single flame could turn a small city into a sea of fire and a single flap of its wings could destroy a lower species.

The southern continent of Chronos was destroyed by him. The fire dragon that woke up from a meteorite.  "You are speaking like it is someone else's story. You will regret it. Pretty soon, your world will also struggle in that hot hellfire," Lycaon gritted his teeth. "Don't worry. Igneel won't come down to this world."

"What?" Alyona's full control of my body became greater. I felt my senses getting blocked and I felt drowsy. "This man had already killed him. There will be no 'Burning Hell' disaster in this world." I sighed heavily as I felt the pressure weighing us down. Lycaon had a bemused expression like he heard his home had been brought back.

"That is the best joke I've ever heard. Is there such a joke in this world? Is it fun to joke about the world that will soon cease to exist?" Well... of course not. I pulled out a blue-colored medallion. Then like magic, Lycaon's laughter subsided. The Protection Symbol of the Imyuntar. Lycaon's shaking hands reached out to take the medallion.

"W-Why... how do you have this...?" The Protection Symbol of the Imyuntar was proof that a person had hunted a disaster dragon. "Lycaon of the Imyuntar. Pay respects to the protector, Dokja-ah... I can no longer feel our connection I'll be back in a few days, I'll have to go now... Lycaon Isparang, Please guide this person and teach him the way of the wind." I felt a great shock enter my system and the heavy pressure soon diminished.

Lycaon's body slowly fell. First, his knees touched the ground, slowly followed by his head. There was a severe shaking of his eyes like he couldn't admit it. "Do it properly." Han Sooyung touch my back in an attempt to see if Alyona was still there. Before long, his head touched the ground. He was over three meters tall so it wasn't until he fell that his eyes were lower than mine. I looked down at Lycaon.

This was the useful part of catching the fire dragon. Han Sooyoung wasn't able to grasp the situation yet and looked at Lycaon with confused eyes. I was almost killed by Han Sooyoung's brutality but she ended up making things easier.  "Great dragon hunter... With the benefit of hindsight, I would like to ask you to forgive my rudeness," Lycaon spoke in a quivering voice.

"My name is Kim Dokja. The one you talked to earlier was my partner. Her name is Alyona, she helped me kill the fire dragon..." Once again, I thought that my name wasn't that great. This would be a great scene if my name was Yoo Jonghyuk. I added a quick remark to diffuse the awkward atmosphere.

"Lycaon. There is something I need you to do." Lycaon carefully looked up." "Teach me the Way of the Wind, which is the secret technique of your people." Lycaon's eyes slowly became bigger. This was my purpose behind hatching Lycaon. The southern disaster of the fire dragon had disappeared so the first disaster in the fifth scenario would surely be the 'east disaster.'

To prevent the catastrophe in the east, I needed to gain the secret technique of the Imyuntar. Way of the Wind It was the only answer to the disaster of the east, the 'Disaster of Questions.' You're gonna fail, I just know. Alyona's voice spoke in my head. I was annoyed at what she said and blocked her ramblings.

***

An hour later, I explained the situation to Han Sooyoung who hadn't been able to follow the conversation. "Then the medallion you got from killing the fire dragon is an important thing for them?" I nodded, Yes." She made a troubled expression, "I still don't understand... the fire dragon you killed at that time in one of the disasters?"

"That's right." I nodded again. "...Then in the fifth scenario, we have to prevent four instead of five disasters?" She asked again, "You seem to understand yet not understand?" Han Sooyoung frowned. "I still don't understand. Didn't you kill the 'Lesser Igneel?' Isn't he a deteriorated dragon so why is he the disaster? Is this also the development of Ways of Survival?"

"...Everything that hatches from a disaster meteor is a disaster. That guy came out instead of Igneel so Igneel won't appear in this disaster. In addition, Igneel didn't appear in the original. Igneel's hatchling came out. It is only the fifth scenario so how can something like that wake up already?" I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"...You speak well. Are you a spokesman for Ways of Survival? Are you the writer?" The scenario difficulty was ridiculous but it was adjusted so that it could be cleared if people risked their lives. Of course, the adjustment was carefully controlled. The Lesser Igneel, the deteriorated version of the hatchling had annihilated the prophets, which could be called the elite troops at the time. Was that all? I was once killed by that dragon. 

If it wasn't for the King of No Killing, I wouldn't be standing here... Heck! I wouldn't have finished it off on my own without Alyona already giving it massive blows. If Lesser Igneel had been released into Seoul and continued to level up, Seoul would've ended up the same as Lycaon's hometown. Of course, Han Sooyoung had no knowledge of such matters and was busy complaining.

"Anyway, aren't the disasters a bigger deal than I thought? I have a lot of trouble grasping the scale because of the way it was expressed in Ways of Survival..." She said with her small shoulders trembling. "We were lucky with the fire dragon. The disasters that will come will be in their original state. Terrible beings will appear."

It was pleasant to see the expression of the plagiarist writer at the word 'original.' "Then what should we do?" I pointed toward Lycaon, "We have to use that guy." I looked at Lycaon, who was preparing for the training in a distant place. Han Sooyoung asked, "He looks strong. Do you want him to fight?"

"That guy is a coward. In addition, the guides are prohibited from fighting against disasters of another world. We have to take care of our work on our own." I heard Lycaon calling out to me. "Protector, I am ready." Protector was the title for the owner of the medallion. I told him to call my name a few times but Lycaon didn't yield.

"From now on, I will teach you the secret technique of my clan, the Way of the Wind." Alyona's teasing laugh resounded in my head again. Way of the Wind. It was a hidden skill that allowed the user to use the wind like their own limbs. Now, If I learn this I could match Alyona's speed when gliding through the wind.

Among the other species, only those with the Protection Symbol of the Imyuntar could learn this skill. Yoo Jonghyuk was originally scheduled to obtain this but not this time. I couldn't give the strong person all the good skills. "Then I will start." For the next three hours, I sweated hard to learn the skill. Alyona might be right... I'll fail to learn this. I told you... I grumbled at Alyona's teasing.

It would be nice if the system had a message like 'Would you like to learn the skill?' but this wasn't possible. It was only possible to gain the skill by learning it directly. I had read the novel so I was able to follow Lycaon's movements a little bit. To be exact, I thought I was following it.

Approximately one more hour passed. Lycaon hesitated before opening his mouth. "Protector. I'm sorry to say this but..." Alyona's laughter rung around the vicinity of the area. HAHAHA! I TOLD YOU! I grew annoyed at her. "Why not help me then?!" I yelled in frustration at her. Lycaon was silent at the sudden yellings.

"No, you need to figure this out yourself... You don't expect me to help you every time... Besides Namwoon and I had to do something..." I kicked the ground in frustration and sighed. My shoulders sagged as soon as I realized how pathetic I am. She's right, I need to figure this out myself. Now, how to do it the right way?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 51.1K 97
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 18.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.2M 49.4K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...