RACE 2 - Max Verstappen

By ness_is_here

||completed|| "Maybe, just maybe they will figure out a way to stay together." Max Verstappen x Daniella Mi... More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
SEQUEL
ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

78

9.3K 241 370
By ness_is_here

"Exactly how many black dresses do you have?" Sophie asked as Daniella approached her in the club. The Mercedes driver just arrived and didn't have any difficulty finding the two Haas drivers. Sophie can't help but admire how Daniella is looking in the sparkly black dress.

"You can never have too many black dresses," Daniella winked at the Haas driver, making her slightly blush.

Mick cleared his throat to break up the moment and congratulate Daniella on the win. Even though he crashed and didn't finish the race he was happy for his friend.

"How are you?" Daniella asked him. "I saw the crash afterward, the car was in really bad shape."

"I am fine, not injured in any way.. I promise," He assured her. "I just don't know what happened there. One second I was driving and the next second I hit the wall."

"Well, I am just glad you are okay and in one piece, unlike your car," Daniella gave a comforting smile. "And your mom is glad too."

"She called you again?" Mick groaned, his eyes went wide.

Sophie can't help but giggle, the alcohol starting to affect her.

"Yeah," Daniella replied. "You always ignore her calls after an accident and are too scared to call her back so she calls me for updates."

"Ughh! This is so embarrassing."

***

Daniella walked back to the dance floor, a new drink in her hands, music blasting and everyone around her getting drunk and dancing. Almost all the drivers are in the club, especially the young ones.

She slightly jumped as she felt an arm around her waist, but eased down when she realized it was Max. He was already drunk and Daniel was with him.

"Hey there handsome," Daniella smiled and pulled him closer.

"Look, Daniel," Max pointed at the Mercedes driver. "It's my girlfriend," He kissed her cheek and showed off in front of Daniel.

"How drunk are you?" Daniella laughed before having a sip of her drink, determined to get drunk herself and celebrate her win.

"I just had a few drinks," Max replied and kissed her forehead.

"Aww! You two are so cute," Daniel slightly pouted. "Reminds me of my girlfriend."

"Wait a minute... didn't she come here with you?" Daniella pointed out.

Daniel's pout disappeared and his eyes went wide before looking around.

"Oh God! I lost her... again," He panicked.

"You should go find her mate," Max drunkenly suggested.

Daniel didn't waste any time and went in search of his girlfriend.

Max and Daniella looked at each other and burst out laughing. Unknown to them, Carlos was glaring at the happy couple with jealousy in his eyes as Charles moped beside him for losing his home race, which almost made him have a small fight with his girlfriend.

***

"Someone is having a lot of fun," Lando said to the couple and his girlfriend as he pointed at Pierre.

The Alpha Tauri driver was surrounded by multiple women, dancing and getting very handsy. He seemed to be drunk and was surely enjoying all the attention.

"Lucky him," Daniella chuckled as they continued dancing.

Max's arm was over Daniella's shoulder, both standing very close to each other and dancing, not caring if any of their fellow drivers saw them, mostly because they were drunk enough not to care. But they were spotted and filmed by some fans.

"I am going to go get another drink," Luisa said, not bothering to ask the rest as they all have a glass in their hand. She kissed Lando and made her way to the bar.

"And I am going to go to the washroom," Daniella said and handed her glass to Lando who was not as drunk as Max.

"Don't go," Max pouted, his eyes begging her to stay as she tightly held her arm.

"I will be back in five minutes," Daniella assured him.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Max reluctantly let go of her arm.

"Keep an eye on him," Daniella said to Lando before walking away.

"She is so beautiful," Max let out a deep breath. "I wish she was my girlfriend. Do you think if I ask Dani out she will say yes?" He asked Lando.

"Yeah, no more drinks for you," Lando snatched the glass from Max's hand.

***

The washroom was surprisingly empty and Daniella was fixing her look in the mirror. Her hair has gone a little messy which she tried to tame by running her fingers through it. As she was doing that the door opened and closed behind her.

She was taken aback and her eyes went slightly wide as she looked in the mirrors, realizing who was standing behind her.

"I think you are in the wrong washroom," She nervously chuckled as she turned around, coming face to face with Carlos.

"No, I am in the right one," The Ferrari driver said, his eyes carrying an intense look and is fixated on her. "I came to talk to you." It was clear that he was drunk, just like all the drivers in the club.

Daniella let out a shaky breath. She didn't imagine the night would come to this.

"I too have to talk to you, but I don't think this is the time...or the place to talk," She tried to mask her nervousness.

Carlos chuckled and nodded. The alcohol managed to reveal that side of him that he didn't want Daniella to see.

"So when is the right time to talk?" He asked as he took a step closer. "Is it when your boyfriend is not around?"

Daniella was taken aback, she is sure he meant Max but not sure how he knows about them.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"I am not as blind as others, Daniella," Carlos scoffed. "But I am not here to talk about Max. I am here to talk about you and me."

"There is no you and me, Carlos," Daniella sternly replied.

"Really?" Carlos chuckled as he took another step. Daniella tried to step back but her back hit the wall, with no space to go. "So you still don't remember what happened that night?"

Daniella was a bit confused, not sure what he was talking about.

"The last time you got drunk and I had to take you to the hotel," He smirked, trying to refresh her memories. He stepped closer as Daniella tried to understand and remember.

"You said Max broke your heart, remember?" He softly said. "And then kissed me." He has been meaning to tell her for days, wanting her to remember but never got the right chance, but after today he knew he had to make it instead of waiting.

"No," Daniella shook her head, trying to deny his words, even though she vaguely remembers kissing him. "You are lying."

"Why would I lie?" Carlos gently caressed her cheek, his face only inches away from her, his eyes expressing his feelings for her.

"Carlos don't..." Her voice was barely audible. "I am with Max. I love Max."

Those words felt like knife stabs to Carlos but he was not giving up.

"And I love you," He replied. His lips gently and slowly brushed against her lips, making her heart skip a beat. "Imagine how Max would feel if he finds out you kissed me." He said, almost sounding like he was threatening her. "I don't think he is reasonable enough to care if you two were together at that time or not."

Daniella looked up at him, not able to believe what he just said. Carlos smirked at her. He knows he is right about Max, and so does Daniella.

"You won't tell him," She tried to sound confident but her eyes failed her.

"But I am very tempted to.." He removed the strands of hair and cupped her cheek. "I never thought I would be this selfish but I was wrong."

Daniella's breath became heavy, the trance of alcohol slowly draining away.

Carlos gently brushed his lips against hers before kissing her. Daniella pushed him away, taking him by surprise. She lifted her arm to slap him but controlled herself.

"I know you feel something for me, Daniella," Carlos breathed heavily.

"You are wrong," Daniella replied. "I don't have any feelings for you. I never will."

Before Carlos could say anything else Daniella walked out, feeling angry and nervous as she remembered kissing him that night. And what made her feel guilty is that she was the one who made the move, not Carlos.

**********

A/N: No drama, only calm and peace from now on😌

Thoughts on Carlos and him kissing Dani? 

Thoughts on Dani kissing Carlos when she and Max were "on a break"? 

How do you think Max is going to react when he finds out? 

What do you think will happen next?

And what are all these Monaco rumors going around? It seemed like the night was more dramatic than my stories. I saw a few posts on tumblr but it's hard to believe if everything is true or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 46.5K 98
|| completed || "He fell in love with his best friend." Lando Norris x Daniella Michaels (OC) In the series/AUs 1. Race - Lando Norris (2021 sea...
763K 11.7K 38
"Pregnant? As in, you're going to have a baby?" Two best friends, one birthday party and many consequences. When one night of love turns into somethi...
27.8K 1.5K 25
꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ WORKING FOR THE KNIFE. ❝ i start the day lying and end with the truth, that i'm working for the knife. ❞ lando norris x annika rä...
388K 8.1K 32
|| completed || "He is good for her, and she has no idea the effect she has on him." George Russell x Daniella Michaels (OC) In the series/AUs...