The Banshees Vol. 1

By TheNewNarrator

"This is gonna become war," Blake said, his head down. "And this is our war." A family torn apart, a corrupt... More

CHAPTER 1: THE WAR BEGINS
CHAPTER 3: THE PUB OF McGIN
CHAPTER 4: A GIRL NAMED KATE
CHAPTER 5: 7 FINGERED GUNSLINGER
CHAPTER 6: EVEN A BROKEN UTE...
CHAPTER 7: SWEET BULLET BEAT
CHAPTER 8: THE MATHOURA POLICE STATION

CHAPTER 2: VIGILANTE COURAGE.

56 1 2
By TheNewNarrator

"The criminals that people are calling The Banshees have murdered two policemen in cold blood early this morning. The men were wearing masks with a small symbol on the side, as you can see in the video the symbol is of a waling female spirit, a banshee."

"I don't see the point in these guys, Annabel, seriously, unless there's some sort of government conspiracy going on where the police are completely corrupt. but that couldn't be the case, could it?" Jack listened intently to his sister.

"Okay. See ya, Annabel." Jack said casually through the phone to his sister, clicking the phone on to the wall hook.

"There, my friend, is another awkward conversation with my sister." He said to no one in particular, sighing.

"It's always awkward, I may bring up a totally normal subject and than she'll turn it into a hellhole of awkwardness. How was your day? I don't know. How don't you know? I just don't know... and then there's silence." He continued on talking to thin air, "And why do I have to be the vent for all her inner anger and pressure?! I mean, surely she can find a friend to vent it to for me. And also, why am I still talking?! THERE'S NO ONE HERE!" 

He finished, waving his arms around like a mad man.

Once he starts he can't stop, can he? He doesn't know how to stop, and that's the best thing about him.

"Boom Boom!" What the hell was that? "Boom Boom!" Oh, someone's at the door... crap. He was in nothing other than a singlet and shorts, and undies, but most would think that 

already, damn dirty minds. 

"Boom Boom!" 

"I'm coming!"

"Boom Boom!" 

"I said I'm coming!"

"BOOM BOOM BOOM!"

"I SAID I'M BLOODY COMING!"

"WELL HURRY THE BLOODY HELL UP OR ELSE YOU'RE GONNA SEE THE GREAT BLOODY ABYSS QUICKER THAN YOU BLOODY THOUGHT!" This made him hurry.

He swung the door open, almost off the hinges, and he finally noticed who was behind the yelling, his young Irish friend, Blake McGin. "Oh, hey Blake. Um, why are you here? And why do you have a shotgun?" Jack asked quite suspiciously, you'd be suspicious too if your friend showed up blood covered with a shotgun in hand, plus a balaclava.

"You need to come with me." Blake said bluntly. He had switched from a tone to kill to a slightly different tone to kill. "Why?" He asked, bemused, but still not dropping his slightly maniacal smile that was seemingly stuck in place. "Just get in, I'll explain on the way."

"Kay." Jack said, blindly trusting his friend. "Hold this," Blake passed Jack the shotgun. 

"And this." He said, passing him a spare make-shift mask. As Jack looked at the mask he noticed a small marking sewn into the side, a sign sharing similarities with  Banshees

"Blake, my friend, someone I would intrust with almost anything, I don't mean to sound suspicious or anything, but why in the world do you have a banshee on this mask-thing?" Jack started to poke the air in front Blake, moving towards him with every syllable. "Ya know, just like the Banshees? And why do you blood all over your shirt? And a 1887 that only has two shots in it?! And a car with blood splattered over the roof, hood and boot? Hm? Hm!? Hm!?"

By now Jack was just about to thrust his finger into Blake's upper arm but McGin flinched away, waving off Jack's finger.

"I'll explain on the way." Jack raised both his eyebrows, "On the way to where exactly?"

Jack asked, but Blake simply slid his aviator shades down his nose and repeated what he had said seconds before. "I'll explain on the way." He said, turning towards his car, half turning his head to say "Bring all necessaries, you're gonna be away from home for a long, and I mean long time."

Jack raised his hand and stood on his toes as if he was a school boy, he opened his mouth like he was about to say something, but when he moved his mouth, nothing came out, and he looked like a fish, his mouth opening and closing repeatedly, (now just add a BLUB sound affect) Jack now turned and walked towards the door, he could hear a faint siren in the distance, it sounded as if it was getting closer and closer, and then he realised that their probably the police, and their coming for Blake, then he ran to his room, grabbing his satchel and loose backpack, stuffing his clothes in. He ran to the kitchen and grabbing the largest knife, his favourite knife, he continued to stuff things like his cat posters and- wait a second, you don't their coming for Jack, do you? No, no that's silly, never mind. Seriously, why would they come for Jack? He never did anything to wrong someone... did he? Meh, who cares, keep on packing Jack.

He ran to the car, slightly stumbling. He hitched the sawn-off in to the place a drink bottle would normally go on the backpack. He heard the rumbling of the engine and burst through the door, sprinting to the car. Suddenly, he stopped.

Did he forget something? He has that look on his face. Oh, wait, there he goes. What's he got now? Oh, he grabbed a picture of his Mum, that's cute.

He rushed back towards the car, leaping through the open door. He slammed the door shut behind him, and before he could even put his seatbelt on they were speeding forward. Jack stared out the window, shivering from the eery silence between Blake and himself. He didn't know why, but he trusted Blake right now, he didn't understand why, but he just... did.

Woah! Okay, that was close... wait, was that a gunshot?

"Jack! Grab the gun!" Jack sprung from where his head was sitting and swung his eyes around, desperately searching for the aforementioned weapon. "Jack!" Blake yelled once again "JACK! GRAB THE BLOODY GUN!" Jack felt like hitting him "What do you think I'm doing, riding a unicorn?!" Blake looked at him for a second with confusion painted all over his face. 

He was brought back to the present by a bullet that crashed through the back window.

"Blake! Where is it?!" Blake grabbed the gun from Jacks backpack and dropped it in front of Jack. "Now we are most definitely talking!" Jack said hurriedly, lifting it from the floor of the car.  Jack held it in his hands, wondering what to do.

"Jack?"

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"I dunno, what are you doing?"

"I'm driving a car."

"Nice."

"Jack."

"That's my name."

"Can you even use a gun?"

"Yeah."

"Than why aren't you using it."

"Well, I can't think of anything to do with it."

"What about shooting those guys?"

"Nah, what about-"

"Jack."

"Yes?"

"Shoot them."

"Um, no thank you."

"Shoot them."

"I would really prefer-"

"Shoot. Them."

"Okay, if you insist." Jack rolled the window down and shimmied out, half his body hanging. He closed one eye shut and aimed for the hood of the pursuing vehicle. "HEY!" He yelled at them. They looked around to him. He held the shotgun firmly, careful aim, a badass smirk planted on his face, and he fired.

The hood flipped up and the engine begun to smoke as the men veered left and then right, right before veering off the road entirely. Jack simply laughed, trying to push the thought of them possibly dying from that out of his mind. "Well, there they go." Blake murmured as he switched the radio on to full blast. The song that followed was Mustang Sally.

Cue the road trip montage.

They drove for hours, stopping once for petrol. They were going somewhere and it was important, Jack knew that much. He was growing impatient with his friend's silence as they drove, the only sound was the radio replaying road tripping songs over and over again, thank-goodness they were good.

At the moment they were listening to something by Bad meets Evil, that much he could tell. The problem was he couldn't tell what song, maybe Fast Lane? I know that it's Fast Lane. I'm surprised he can't guess... really.

"Jack," Blake said quietly. Jack turned to him, "I understand that you would be a little confus-"

"A little?" Jack asked jokingly. Blake was glad yet a bit worried that his friend was feeling like he was, especially after most likely killing those guys. "Yeah, well, I think I should tell you the full story, since I just dragged you into this." Blake kept his eyes on the road.

"Damn right you do." Jack smirked.

Blake explained the whole story to him, the raid, the cops, and what they know. The McGins had been fighting for 3 months and had discovered nothing more than 

1.)The cops hate them.

2.)The cops are corrupt.

3.)The cops hate them...

A lot.

"-So now we're in hiding, in a little bar about an hour or 2 that way." Blake pointed ahead of him. "It un-bloody-luckily doesn't have any alcohol in there, because it's abandoned.

"But we still have the Shamrock back in Echuca, which is great. We even have a second base there." Jack tilted his head in an inquisitive sense. "So Cameron is on your side?"

Blake smirked. "Yes, she is on our side, she's like a bit of a secret agent for us."

"Nice." Jack muttered. "I know, we're gonna survive. We've got Cameron on our side."

They we're quiet for a second, considering what to say to each other. "So, hows Katey?"

Jack asked, tapping the dashboard to the beat of the tune. "She's safe. She's all the way in Melbourne, so she's pretty safe." Jack gave a subtle sigh of relief.

"That's good..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 28K 36
Alex Brooks and before you might ask. No alex is not a boy she's a girl. And the baddest one of them all No she's not an FBI agent or she doesn't w...
19 2 3
in future the government is corrupt and a bunch of rebels try and save the world what awaits them down this rabbit hole
6.4K 541 19
After losing her father to his job, Victoria's life quickly takes a 180 when her mother marries a strange man just months after to her husband's deat...
339K 12.2K 29
Katie Knight found her mate at the age of 16 and were madly in love. But when he dies after a rogue attack he makes her promise that she will find so...