CHAPTER 3: THE PUB OF McGIN

WARNING: DICK JOKES AHEAD

G'day guys! Hope you enjoy the story so far! Just wanted to mention that the song Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas is mentioned later in the story.

I do not own the song, nor any rights to it, it is used merely for entertainment use.

***

"Pub, sweet, pub." Blake murmured as he pulled up to the wide pub, literally in the middle of Victoria. Jack pushed the car door open and stepped out, "Nice place," He said, surprised that the place was actually fairly large, even though it was only 1 story tall.

"Come along, mate." Blake said, waving jack to follow.

All 3 of the other brothers were tightly seated around a table, a radio explaining the weather loudly over their conversation. Jack heard the words "Alcohol" "Kick" and "Police", he'll never know the context. Blake rapped his hands hard against the bar and the brothers looked up.

Their faces immediately lit up when they saw Jacks face.

"JACKY BOY!" Samuel yelled excitedly, bringing him into a tight embrace. "Good to see you too, Sam." Jack managed to get out, all though it was muffled by the oversized jacket Sammy wore over his large torso. "I've seen a ghost!" Thomas said, joining in on the group hug.

"The prodigal son returns, may we kill the fattened beast and eat it for a feast." Red said proudly, pouring whiskey into several shot glasses, a large roast chicken behind him. "I see you knew I was coming."

"No..." Red said in mock innocence, bringing a large carving knife down upon the dead cock. (There goes your appetite for chicken.) "C'mon, mangiare, as the Italians would say." Jack simply smiled, lucky he had Italian relations. "Grazie Signore per questo pasto." Jack murmured, Google it. "Pardon?" Blake said, a bemused smile on his face. "Italian." Jack answered. His father always said that before a meal, every time Jack asked him his father would reply the same way.

Always a mystery, that John Jacubus.

They ate in silence, all the warm welcoming and ignorance to the fact they're criminals had finally washed back out. "So," Blake begun. "Yes?" Jack said. "Hows life? Y'know, outside of this."

"Oh, y'know, ordinary. Doing the washing, helping my Mum out with stuff, helping Annabel hide some bodies." He chuckled "The regular."

Kay than.

Jack sat back on a old couch the McGins had moved into the area that would normally be used for slot machines, but there weren't any. He plugged his retro headphones into his mp3 and switched to his "Rock 'n' Roll" playlist. Switching on Carry on Wayward Son, he sunk back into the cushioned seat.

Carry on my Wayward So-o-on,

there'll be peace when you are done,

lay your weary head to re-e-est,

don't you cry no more.

He listened intently, the guitar riff, the sweet rhythm of the piano, it all came together so well.

He just sat there, hearing the entire song play through, loving every millisecond of it.

As he listened, he blocked out the outside world, he existed in the music at that moment, and nothing could take him from that happy place, it was pure music, everything was at that moment, it was a good way to escape from things... welp, he fell asleep.

In the morning Jack got a bit more knowledge about the uphill battle the McGins were going

through.

"So, there are other people fighting, Vigilantes, that's the original name they gave us," Red said sarcastically. He sat on an old milk crate, cleaning a large knife with a red piece of cloth. "And, obviously, the police make the Vigilantes who fight back, people who would normally be innocent civilians and parents, bank workers, store clerks, chefs, completely innocent, random people, they make them out to be cold blooded serial killers, rapists, child molesters, filth, pretty much, even though, this is the reason we fight, they're the ones doing it. Them. Not us, not the innocence dragged into the depths, no, no no, the police. The ones serving and protecting. Surprising?" Jack nodded, his head in his hands, trying to comprehend the fact the police have been turned into the definition of evil. "Don't worry, cry if you want to, I know Blake did, but that was because he was ashamed of this tiny, itty-bitty you-know-what." Red finished, waiting for Blake's reaction. Blake just flipped him off. "That's my brother for ya." Red smiled, his sing-song Irish accent cracking up with laughter. "It's bigger than your's!" Blake replied. Instantly the other 2 brothers put their hands to their mouths in surprise.

That was cold.

Red looked up, lifting up the large knife. "Are ya sure you wanna be saying that? After all, I'm the one with the knife." He stared at Blake intently, not even slightly faltering.

"Really, why would you say that when those bastards have the members the size of atoms."

Blake chuckled as he looked over at Thomas and Samuel, both of them clearly annoyed.

"Screw you!" Samuel said. "I second that movement!" Thomas announced.

Jack looked up from his palms and grinned at the disfunction of the brothers. These boys are pretty entertaining, I must say.

"So, back to story time with Red. The reason we were targeted was because of a census, yes, I said census. Before it hit the fan they went around, seeing who would be most likely to fight back, truthfully, they probably didn't need to, but you know, they wanted to be safe that they wouldn't have their throat slit while they were they slept." Red finished.

Jack knew he had some wild crap coming.

"So, you brought me here, into this world of death and corruption. Why?" Jack asked, holding a tone that sounds a little confused. "Well, really, we aren't forcing you, but we wanted you to help us. We wanted to recruit you." Jack smiled at Red's reply. "Hell yeah, I'll help. I'll help you kick arse."

"Good, now, we need to worry abut Kate." Blake clapped his hands once as he stood.