CHAPTER 7: SWEET BULLET BEAT

Thanks to my m8 Ethan. He designed the cover and you'll be seeing a character based off of him.

Thank you guys so much for reading, especially since I update so slowly, so thanks and keep reading. (P.S. Don't be a wanker and just outright piss on the story, at least be creative with your criticism.)

The car slowed to a stop in front of a building lit up with neon lights. It was only early in the afternoon, but Jack could see the sky darkening, as if it meant something.

"So," Samuel said, "Ready for a shootout?" Jack didn't answer, he was too focused on how the heck he was supposed to put on the bandana they gave him.

"Here," Blake grabbed it and tied it around his face, as if reading his mind. They were parked outside of the "Quickdraw" nightclub in Swan Hill.

"Are we just gonna walk in there?" Jack asked, wondering how safe this would be.

"Well, yes." Red said, "But, my mate made sure to take their phones, radios and all that before they came in, so they can't call for help." Jack nodded.

"Kay."

They approached the front doors and Jack heard the pounding EDM music, smothering his inquisitions of how sane these brothers are. He recognised the song, it was a remix of a hit from the 2010's, maybe Skrillex. "Red, just out of curiosity, who is this friend of yours?"

"Well, I met him in the army, around that point in the war when they were quite literally hiring anyone. He doesn't know how to use a gun, but I saw him kill 4 men with a Swiss-army knife." He stated, pushing open the door of the club. "We also have a couple of connections in here."

They walked up to the bar, a lady was cleaning a glass but looked up when Samuel put his hands on the bench.

"The McGins," She said, smiling. "I see you're recruiting. Don't worry, the bodyguards are too drunk to stand and all the workers were moved out earlier. You just needa watch out for the other partiers, I can't deal with my customers dying, it's bad for business." The bar lady nodded towards the dance floor and the Banshees went.

Blake passed Jack 2 black and yellow ear plugs. "We're gonna be shooting in a closed area, these'll stop ya ears from hurting too bad in the morning." None of the partiers had even noticed they were there. Like, it was one serious rave, there were people with whistles and glow sticks and there was one guy who had a whistle and glow sticks, he was BRINGIN' IT.

"He'll be in there." Thomas muttered, a bit too quiet for them to hear.

"WHAT?!" Blake screamed.

"He'll be in there!" He said again, with a slightly less threatening tone.

"THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU SAYING?!"

Thomas rolled his eyes and turned to him, "HE'LL BE IN THERE, YOU DIPSH-" And then the bass dropped.

"Well, you don't needa yell." Samuel said, walking through the crowd towards a group of men, dressed in suits and ties. Their target, Vito Malattia, an Italian born Australian, one of the frontmen for the cops' underground connections. Jack knew that once one of the brothers fired a shot, the human waste would make contact with a revolving cooling object. (If you know what I mean.)

Red walked up to the bouncer for the VIP section. He stepped to the side and opened the door for them, smiling. The revolver was heavy in Jack's hands, and he didn't exactly feel like ending a life tonight, so maybe he'll just aim for the legs, or the shin. Or he could just hit them. Wait, but he might hit an artery! And then he'll just be killing them in a worse fashion, they'd bleed out all over the floor! He was starting to regret doing this. The music was now just a faint ghost of what it was minute ago, and the loudest thing they heard was their footsteps echoing in the lavishly decorated corridor. Thomas brought out a switchblade from his belt and turned the corner. He grabbed a cop who was standing guard and stabbed him through the neck, dragging him around the corner and dropping him, still choking on his own blood. Jack stared, paralysed by the site of his friend murdering someone. He turned back around the corner and saw the brothers standing beside a door.