CHAPTER 4: A GIRL NAMED KATE

G'day guys! So, because the following chapter is about a badass female, I thought I should put a awesome song sung by a female in here. Which makes sense... I guess. Hope you enjoy! (Play the song over the top of it if you want.)

"Screw you!" She yelled into the phone, walking over to the couch. "No, I told you. I'll have the money next week! I know you want it now, I just can't get it to you! I can raise my voice if I very well want to!" She continued to yell at the Manager. 

"You can't speak to me like that! How dare you!" She gripped the bat on the table. 

"I'm coming down there to give you a piece of my mind!" She ended the call and opened her apartment door and begun to march down the corridor towards the elevator, cricket bat in hand.

"Can't believe he said that," She said, pressing the down button on the elevator panel. "Well, I wanted to test my bat out anyways." Then the doors closed.

     After she talked with the manager of the hotel she returned to the peacefulness of the small, cramped, damp room. I'm surprised she couldn't get something better.

With her music playing at the loudest it could be (to annoy the jerk of a neighbour) she fell on the bed and stayed their, relaxing. Relaxing and chilling, chilling and relaxing, I have nothing to fill up this page, so I'm just gonna stall until I can think of something else.

Does you like weather? Um... economy, and such. Uh, Australia has a new Prime Minister I've heard.

Okay, enough stalling.

     A knock on the door made her jump in surprise. Finally, something happened.

Kate switched the music off and walked to the door, grabbing her bat as she walked.

She thought for a second. Another knock, that means whoever is o n the other side is growing impatient, impatience leads to annoyance, annoyance leads to anger, anger leads to something else. Another knock, and another, another after another, knocking.

Really, they're just knocking impatiently, but I added extra drama.

Finally, they spoke, "Open up! Police!" Her expression of distress and worry increased in the worry category. "Can't argue with the police..." She mumbled, dropping the bat on the bug-ridden couch.

She swung open the door. The sight that met her eyes were 2 burly men dressed in uniforms with the initials "VPD" emblazoned upon them.

     "Yes, officers?" She said innocently. They gave each other a quick glance, before one of them asked "Kate McGin?"

     "No, she's the other Irish girl down the hall." She said, rolling her eyes sarcastically. They turned and begun walking, looking at a small piece of paper questioningly. Kate face palmed.

"I was joking. Yes, I'm Kate McGin!" She yelled at their backs. They stopped walking and turned back to her. She begun walking to meet them halfway, but then their walks turned into jogs, which turned into charges, and before she knew it Kate was taken off her feet and on the ground. She felt cold metal being placed around her wrists and she begun struggling against their massive bodies, but they were giant. "Get off me!" She ordered, and they did, and they began dragging her down the hall, her shackled arms behind her.

"The chief'll be happy." One of the bulky men said, sounding quite proud. "Yeah. You wanna go down to the pub after this? I could really go with a beer." The other said, making Kate want to punch him even more, feeding her ever growing urge. "Your nails are digging in, boys." Kate said through gritted teeth. They ignored her, so she gave an annoyed eye-roll. (Fun-Fact: Getting an annoyed eye-roll from Kate McGin means you are about to experience a barrage of pain.)