To my beloved, Terry

נכתב על ידי itsbibearsunny

'til the next blooming of maple trees, my love. Your beloved, Ben 14 March 1798-1 עוד

Your beloved, Ben
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 17

245 24 21
נכתב על ידי itsbibearsunny

I suggest you listen to the song I recommend while reading this chapter for more pain.

                                     -
The rustling of the wind echoes inside the small shack constructed in the middle of the mountain Mönch. The day started with a storm and Ben was in charge of making everyone a  beverage that will satisfy the troopers aching stomach. It has been a month since the war had broken, since the French Army invades their homeland.

Young man similar to his age was enforced to join the troops in order to reclaim their rights. His mother and sister Louise cried one's heart out when troopers came trespassing inside their small abode to drag him. Ben reassured that he was going to be alright and he will comeback anytime soon but time had passed extensively. So soon, it was now three months since the war had started.

Aristocrats had flew the country. They were left with choices of letting the low class medicates the injured troops. On the first battle happened, Bernese Army was able to loose the campaign of French Army but they have lost twenty- seven men. It was very tragic to Ben. He had no whereabouts of his mother and sister. He was not able to come rescue the children and women that had voluntarily joined the troops. If it were not for his knowledge in medication, he will be forced to fight with them.

He heard that his bosom companion Daniel was tasked to join the next battle. He already voice out that he wanted to accompany the troop but there he received no response from them.

“We received a word about the bearings of the Wettstien's. I propose to send an immediate people to take their young master.” Ben had never heard about Terry. The familiar mentioned of the surname earn his attention.

“Pardon me sir, are you talking about the young master Terry?” He queered halting the two higher positions.

“Indeed. We are in need of more troops for the succeeding fights. The presence of him will offer a big help in luring the French Army.” One person say in response.

“Are you pertaining to making him as a bait sir?” Ben asked in concern. The situation did not change despite their victory on the first battle. Terry must not go back to the country to insure his safety.

“Very clever young man. The name he holds is upright for our plan to be successful. He is from a wealthy lineage known even in the hearing of French elites and it will be a chance for us to halt them in the course of the second battle.” He responded.

“But it will be dangerous to the young sir.” Ben appertain. He could not even phantom the thought of his friend Daniel during the war and now his very dear Terry should be put at risk.

“Young man, one has to sacrifice in order to claim our rights. I suggest you shall continue doing your job.” The other man replied. Ben could not ruin the plan yet he could not let his young master Terry be put in uncertainty.

“Pardon me again sir, they have not seen the young master's appearance. I volunteer to take his spot. I do not want to see another countrymen terminally ill.” He halted once more.

“Are you hearing your remarks? You should be aware that you are putting your life at risk. Who are you to the aristocrats to offer yourself in behalf of them?” The man questioned.

“We have been indebt to them for helping us sir. It is only right for me to offer my loyalty to them.” Ben responded swallowing back the tension he feels.

“Very well, I shall then informed them about your heroine. Once you had offered your word, you are responsible for it.” The man exclaimed.

“My honor sir.” Ben hushed. He had not think twice about his decisions. He had not thought about the sentiments of his mother and sister. His comrade Daniel and certainly Terry.

It is accurate that he did not want to see another life passing aways, certainly not among the closest to his heart. He is doing this for the sake of his sovereign state, to the future of the innocent young children, and to the freedom of his dear ones. Ben smiled as he continue making the beverage to be serve immediately.

Thereafter, he had been called to be aware of the plan. It was fraught with danger and he was undeniably scared but he was insistent about his commitment. After all, this was all for his love for the country.

He had informed Daniel that he will be joining the event. He was interrogated by the older but his excuses were acceptable. He will carry on treating wounded troops but he will also be task to carry a firearm. He and Daniel spent the remaining days training and making most of their time. He had also been preparing behind the back of the older. He had make sure to left his mother and sister a letter to be given after the execution of the plan.

He had been crying in his sleep wanting to see them for the last time, to properly bid a farewell but he does not have the will to be able to proceed. They do not hold the time and situation. He could only mumble against the wind to deliver his longing especially to his dear Terry.

It had been quite a journey to him. He had been confused about what he had truly felt towards the younger. He could not name it. He could not even take receipt that after a lifetime he catch sight of him further than an acquaintance. He was romantically in love. He should not have been having this desire for both of them are man in born. He will be the curse to his family and the humanity. It should not be possible for a man to fall in love with his same gender and he will bury this feeling until he witness the last setting of the sun.

Days run by smoothly, he was not dressed like how should a member ot the troop is. For the very first time, he was dressed appropriately for an elite but not suitable for the what is going to happen. Daniel showered him flattering remarks as they travel down the mountain. Ben was unwary yet he had accepted that this is what was written for him. The two had converse for the last time up to the time they were called to position.

“Dan, I am always around you. Shout for me when you feel unwell.” Ben reminded the older before they await for the rivals.

It was not long after they had heard exchange blasting and shooting. Ben was hiding behind a big tree struggling to calm down. He was told to not be seen up till the go signal from the higher troops. He was observing, tearing up at scene of his countrymen getting hit by gunshots. Daniel was not in his sight anymore but he is confident that the guy will not be frighten. He had not shoot anyone and he does not intend to do so. He will take the oath of not getting his hand lay a single person even if it will cost him his life.

When the commander declared a draw back, it was this time he  perform his duty. The truck that took them started loading people and once it reached the utmost digit they will be heading back. It was almost equiped yet Daniel was not in sight yet. Ben had no other choice but to run amidst the gunshots to find Daniel. He will not be at peace if his considered older brother can not return and there he saw the older crawling to escape the shots in the distance. Ben was dread seeing that the older was shot in his left leg.

“Dan! You are bleeding.” Ben shouted in horror.

“Help me up will you? The transport will soon be full.” Daniel replied.

The two hurriedly advance to the truck where it had awaits them. The older command Ben to move first but he had explain the situation. He must be the last person for the older was injured. The blast came louder an indication that the rival was getting closer and that they must move quick.

“Ben hurry up!” Daniel shouted but Ben took a step back earning a look of terror and fear from the older.

Wha—Ben stop stalling. You must get on hurr—”

“I cannot. I apologize Dan. The truck can not advance if one person is added.” Ben shouted shaking his head vigorously.

“NO! Please Ben, what in the world are you doing!?” Daniel shouted wanting to get off but one soldier had gotten hold on him as Ben favored to earlier of the day.

“Let go of me! Ben, please hurry!” Daniel resisted but Ben can not turn back against this or he will be the cause of a great failure.

“Look after mother and Louise will you, Dan?” The younger asked teary eyed.

“No, I will not because you are coming home with me. Let go! I made a promise to you—”

“And I made a promise to your brother Kai that I will protect you against all odds.” Ben halted the older who was trying to hold back his tears.

“Dan, bring back home my things.” Ben favored at that instant stepping closer to truck. Daniel did an immediate grab to his upper garment in attempt to drag him up but Ben swiftly grasp his shaking palms.

“Promise me you will be going back to our abode Dan. I will await for all of you at the beech tree. Bring me my favorite dandelions.” Ben bid, tugging a chain out of his nape handling it to older before taking rapid steps backward.

“Go, Go, Go!” He shouted before the figure started moving forward with his dear friend Daniel shouting in affliction.

Beds of tears trickled down the orbs of the fine young man as he watched the form went out of his sight.

“Ah, what a beautiful day.” He smiled closing his eyes perking up to feel the daylight against his visage. This has been the hardest judgement he had made and he hopes against hope that he will be the last person to sacrifice.

Whilst back in the mountain, the young elite heir of Wettstein had just arrived from his journey back to the Swiss. He was dethrone by his father as a member of their bloodline for wanting to escape Germania. He had endeavored to escape the land and fight together with his countrymen. When his father had found out about his plot, he had received numerous punishment but it was not a hindrance to him.

There came a day when his father mentioned of disowning him if he continue to be foolish. It was a decision he had to offer in order for him serve his homeland. In an instant, he travelled back without anyone from his house aiding him.

What had taken him aback is that his old friend Ben was already captured to fight for the war. So long as he knew his whereabouts, he proceeded to find thier troop until he had reach the mountains of Mönch. There he knew from the place that Ben should be around but when he saw the arrival of the truck carrying the injured men, disturbing feeling of fear had taken over his entirety.

“Is there another truck coming? Why is that you are too little?” Terry queered but one soldier signalled him a no in response. Fear grew louder, banging around his chest seeing that there was no chance of Ben coming out.

“Is this all of you? Where is your accompany Ben?” He continues but each of them did not dare to open their mouth.

Terry without a doubt, run to the vehicle to check that they must be wrong but what surprised him further was to see a familiar shadow of Daniel crying helplessly in the corner.

“Where is Ben?” He asked but the older felt ashamed to even lift his head to respond.

“ANSWER ME YOU PEASANT, WHERE IS BEN!?” Terry roared in anger fisting Daniel in his collar.

“I-I...He w—I was not able to s-save h-him—” Daniel replied stammering and trembling before receiving a hard hit on the face from the noble.

“YOU PIECE OF—” Terry raised his voice in fury.

Daniel did not challenge to make a defense. He took the punches of Terry accepting that it is his fault whilst Terry for the very first time in his life shed a tear of repentance. Ben was his only course of life and sense of hope.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

93.1K 2.7K 27
please, please don't doubt my love for you; it's the only thing i'm sure of. [ 𝗅𝗈𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖼𝖺𝗌𝖾 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗇𝖽𝖾𝖽 ] #1 - beomgyufanfiction #10 - y...
1.6K 182 30
Within the tapestry of heartbreak and health challenges, Beomgyu embarks on a profound journey through life's complexities. As he traverses the maze...
2.7K 370 14
𝖬𝖨𝖫𝖲 | 𝖡𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖥𝗂𝗏𝖾 ❝𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝖺 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝖻𝖾𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀❞ 𝖨𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁, 𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗎𝗅𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗌 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾...
36.1K 1.9K 35
One was irritatingly pretty. Other was dangerously familiar. (18+)