RACE 2 - Max Verstappen

By ness_is_here

||completed|| "Maybe, just maybe they will figure out a way to stay together." Max Verstappen x Daniella Mi... More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
SEQUEL
ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

77

9.6K 274 167
By ness_is_here

"I swear, if today turns into Spa 2021 2.0 I am going to lose it," Daniella said in a frustrated manner as she leaned against the wall and looked outside as the rain poured. The race has been delayed and if the weather doesn't get better then there is a good chance it will be canceled. All the drivers were just waiting for the rain to clear up

"Don't forget those free points from Spa last year helped you win the championship," Toto commented but his eyes were fixated on the screen in front of him.

"Yeah..." Daniella huffed as she crossed her arms and looked at her boss. "But the podium was...humiliating. You know how it feels to stand on a podium, receive the trophy and spray champagne without actually racing?"

"George was pretty proud of that podium," Toto replied as he took of his glasses and looked at the driver.

"Of course he was, it's George," Daniella rolled her eyes and once again started looking at the rain. "You hand him a lollipop after scoring a point and he will be proud of that too," she mumbled under her breath.

Toto chuckled as he got up from his seat and went to talk to Lewis, but stopped on his track as soon as he saw Collins, he immediately turned around and walked in the other direction. The younger Michaels have been constantly asking questions around the garage from the moment she arrived. Daniella asked her to just seat at the back of the garage and observe but of course, she is not going to obey.

"So are you racing or not?" Collins asked as she stood near her sister.

"If the rain stops," Daniella replied.

"Why can't you guys race while it's raining?"

"Because it's risky to race when it's raining," The older Michaels sighed.

"Why..."

"Accidents happen, and people get hurt," Daniella replied before dragging her sister to the back of the garage. "Now stay here."

Collins nodded and didn't argue.

Daniella was soon informed that the race is going to start soon so she quickly put on her helmet as her family wished her luck.

***

Daniella was not able to overtake Charles in the beginning and because of the wet track she had to be careful, even after changing her tyres. While Charles was six seconds ahead of her, Carlos was right behind, trying to put her under pressure, and Max was doing the same to the second Ferrari driver.

After a poor judgment and miscommunication both the Ferrari were called in for a double pit stop, giving Daniella the opportunity to take the lead. Of course, she was happy about it but anyone associated with Ferrari was disappointed and angry, especially Charles.

"Okay, so we will stick to plan A and then...yellow flag," Nate said to Daniella. "Yellow flag Dani. Mick crashed."

"Is he okay?" The concern was evident in Daniella's voice.

"Yeah, he seems to be fine," Nate replied, not telling her the full truth that the Haas was in two pieces.

The race was soon red-flagged after two laps of driving behind the safety car so that the barrier where Mick crashed can be repaired.

Like most of the drivers, Daniella got out of the car to go and talked to her team about strategy. She may have the lead but one wrong decision can cost them the win. She was walking past Charles who was looking furious, no doubt it was about the double pit stops. She can't help but feel bad for him, he was on pole and was leading but now because of his team's mistake he is now down to P4.

***

The race restarted and Daniella was leading, but Carlos and Max were close behind her. The Ferrari was trying his best to get past her but the track was not favorable for overtaking.

While the Red Bulls and the Ferraris were chasing Daniella, all fighting to gain position and was having a tight race, Fernando Alonso was holding up Lewis and in the process ruining the race for the rest of the drivers.

Daniella couldn't help but smile as she started the last lap, with the Ferrari still chasing her. Soon she could see the chequered flag and the team climbed the fence to cheer.

"Ahhh! We did it," Daniella happily yelled as she won the race.

"You did it," Nate laughed. "You won the Monaco Grand Prix."

"That was amazing Dani," Toto sounded more than happy. "I thought the rain was going to ruin the race for us but I was wrong."

Daniella parked the car and got out of it. She saw Collins and Jenna standing there with the team and immediately ran to hug them.

"Oh I am so happy you two are here," Daniella smiled brightly as they hugged.

"That was awesome," Collins said, feeling proud of her sister.

After the family hug, Daniella turned around, coming face to face with Max. They wrapped their arms around each other as Max spun her around as always, making her laugh. It's always a treat for Daniella to share the podium with her boyfriend.

Max put her down and gave a quick smug look to Carlos who was glaring, obviously not happy with his second position and seeing Daniella with the Red Bull driver.

"Last year you didn't finish the race here but.."

"I won today," Daniella finished Max's sentence and excitedly hugged him again.

Carlos soon came and broke them up as he congratulated Daniella. She politely smiled and shook his hand while Max glared at him.

***

Daniella was heading back to her motor home after the post-race interviews. Jenna and Collins already went back to pack as they are leaving in a few hours.

She slightly gasped as someone pulled her aside behind one of the many motorhomes.

"What the...Max!" she whispered. "Some will see us."

"Which is why it will only take a few seconds," he smiled.

"What will?" she was confused.

Her question was soon confirmed as he gently pressed his lips on hers. Daniella immediately started kissing him back. His hand rested on her cheeks as the kiss deepened.

"I haven't kissed you all day today," Max said as they pulled away.

"That is absolutely unacceptable," Daniella smiled, her eyes twinkling as she kissed him again.

A few seconds later they heard rustling and felt someone's presence. They quickly pulled away, finding Daniel standing there with his jaw hanging.

"What..I mean how..." the McLaren driver stuttered.

"Oh..no.." Daniella mumbled as her eyes went wide.

"Okay, I know you are..." Max started talking, trying to ease the situation but Daniel cut him.

"Don't say a word till I process what I just saw," He pointed his finger at his friends as he took a deep breath.

Max and Daniella shared a look as Daniel tried to get his mind together.

"Are you...you are cheating on your secret girlfriend?" he asked Max, dreading to hear the answer. "I mean I know that girl is not the one for you, but cheating Max?"

"No no no," I am not cheating on anyone. "I would never dare cheat on my girlfriend."

Daniella nodded, her eyes still a little wide.

"Then what the hell were you two doing behind the motorhome...behind my motorhome," Daniel was close to yelling.

"Kissing my girlfriend," Max proudly replied as he put his arm around Daniella's waist.

"Funny I don't see her," Daniel replied before looking at Daniella. "And I told you if you want to be with Max then just let me know, I would have talked to him and made him break up with that girl."

"Why would I want you to break me and Max up?" Daniella asked, giving him a teasing smile.

Daniel's eyes moved from Daniella to Max multiple times within a few seconds as he tried to understand what they are talking about. His eyes went wide as realization hit him.

"No way...NO FUCKING WAY!!" he yelled, causing Daniella to cover his mouth with her hand.

"Keep your voice down," Max said to Daniel.

Daniella removed her hand once she realized Daniel calmed down.

"You two are together," Daniel whispered, a smile almost breaking out.

Daniella and Max nodded as they wrapped their arm around each other.

"So who was the girl in the photo?" Daniel asked as he pulled out his phone and went to the gallery, opening the screenshot he took of the story.

"You took a screenshot?" Daniella asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. Stories only last for a day and I wanted to save it in case I run into someone that looks like the girl from the photo...so that I can compare and...okay I think that sounds creepy," Daniel explained as he put the phone near Daniella's face to compare.

"That Dani in the photo mate," Max said as he snatched away the phone and immediately deleted the screenshot.

Daniel protested but it was too late. He did believe that it was Daniella.

"So how long has this been going on?"

"A couple of months," Daniella replied and braced herself for his reaction.

"COUPLE OF MONTHS?" Daniel yelled again but lowered his voice soon. "Why didn't you two tell me?" he whined. "Wait...All the time I tried to set you two up..."

"We have been dating," Max finished his sentence.

"Unbelievable," Daniel shook his head. "Was I really that blind?"

"I would say so..yeah," Daniella nodded.

"But no one else knows right?"

"umm...Lando knows," Max cautiously replied.

Daniel looked like he just got told some life-changing secrets. He was pissed at his friends for not telling him sooner and that his teammate knew before him.

"Unbelievable," he threw his hands up in disbelief and frustration. "I can't believe he found out before me."

"In our defense...we didn't tell him, he just walked in on us while we were kissing," Daniella cautiously said. "And his reaction was pretty much the same as yours."

Max nodded, hoping Daniel would calm down.

"But Daniel, you can't tell anyone," Daniella sounded serious. "You know what is going to happen if others find out."

"Of course, I know what will happen," Daniel replied. "Ughh! This is a lot to take in."

**********

A/N: Not an interesting chapter but Dani won the race and Daniel found out about Max and Dani.

 Thoughts on Daniel's reaction? 

So two drivers on the grid know about Dani and Max. How long do you think it will take for the other drivers to find out about them? 

What do you think will happen next? 

I am losing interest in this story again, can already feel the writer's block hitting me slowly :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

698K 15.8K 60
||completed|| "They were meant to be." Max Verstappen x OC x Lewis Hamilton
3.7M 86.7K 72
"The only thing i want from you is to see your name under mine when the race is over." "Pretty sure you want me under you more than you want that." โœผ...
46K 2.3K 29
๊’ฑเฟโ™ก หš.*เณƒ WORKING FOR THE KNIFE. โ i start the day lying and end with the truth, that i'm working for the knife. โž lando norris x annika rรค...
475K 10.8K 40
๐…๐€๐’๐“ ๐‚๐€๐‘ | โpeople suckโž โwowโž โobviously not you you idiotโž ...