My New Home

By TVreviewer

After suffering abuse from her dad and having to bounce from foster home to foster home, Carrie Hudson has be... More

1: Meeting The Anderson Boys
2: Family Dinner
3: Fist Night
4: Morning!
5: Adler Highschool
6: Practice
7: Workout
8: Little League (short)
9: Girl's Day Out!
10: True Intentions
11: Liam And Charlotte?
12: Brandy's Check In
13: Mrs. Anderson
14: Rainy Days (Short)
15: Comfort
16: Brent's Cookies
17: House Party
18: I'm Fine
19: Standing My Ground
20: Talking About It
21: Hard Times (short)
22: Losing And Winning In A Thin Line (short)
23: Friday Night Game
24: Get Ready With Me (short)
25: First Date
26: Fishing With Eric
27. Welcome Back
10k Special: Fun Facts And Secret Info
28. Rendezvous Minus The Sexy Parts
29. Father Figures
30. Dads Of Different Kinds
32. Love Hurts
33. Mall Brats
34. Meals and Melodrama
35. Car Forplay
36. Brother Battle
37. Dudes Liking Dudes (short)
38. "NORMAL"
39. Nana
40. Totally Not A Filler Chapter
41. Partners....With Him?!
42. Babysitting The Boys
43. "I do not judge you"
44. Shot Through The Gut And Your To Blame
45. The Reeds
46. Brothers Love
47. Breakfast & Besties
48. Benji, My Brother.
49. Father vs. Dad
Extra Notes: HAPPY HOLIDAYS
50. OWEN I
51. Quiet Drive
52. Hotel Hopping
53. Razor Sharp Tension
54. Owen II (Part One)
55. OWEN II (Part Two)
56. Just Like Your Mother...
57. ERIC I
58. The Time Between
59. Numb I (3rd Person)
60. Numb II (3rd Person)
61. Numb III (3rd Person)
62. Feeling I
63. Feeling II
64. RG
65. Two Months Later - Beach Day
66. EPILOGUE - Adoption Day
MY NEW HOME SERIES & NEXT BOOKS

31. Daddy Dearest

1.2K 48 3
By TVreviewer

There I sat anxiously, in the schools office.

It was Wednesday, 2:00pm. I was waiting to get picked up by Hank. That wasn't the horrid part no, the part that wore me up was the fact that I'd be meeting my biological father in just two hours.

Hank told me he wanted to pick me up at school to "get me mentally prepared" to meet him. Though I think that he was getting more prepared than me. I was for the most alright, or at least I acted like I was alright for Hanks sake. I couldn't say the same for Hank.

For the past two days he's been more and more on edge, to the point where even Benji noticed that he's acting off. "What's wrong with daddy?" Benji asked me last night as I put him in bed. I had tried my best to calm his nerves. Benji finally agreed after giving him a piece of candy.

All the boys were worried. It was up to me and Eric to convince them that everything was okay because Hank was too busy freaking out. I kept telling myself that, after today, me and Hank won't have to worry about my father anymore. Then Hank can finally take his place as my real dad.

That thought made me smile. Just as Hank walked though the door. Wearing his lawyer work attire. A suit and tie. His blonde hair was combed over and he looked more nervous than ever.

"Hey Hank!" I said, running up to hug him. "Hey my love." He whispered, squeezing me tightly. "You look happy." Why are you happy? Is what Hank wanted to ask. I knew it. I never want to make him feel like I want to see him, see my ex dad.

"I'm happy to get this over with." He nodded as he signed me out of school. We started to leave, we pass a few classrooms as we did so. When we get to the lot to find his car we hear. "Hey dad!" We turned to see Liam and Luke in their gym uniforms, waving at us. I blow them a kiss. Earning a few hoots from their friends.

I get into his car and we drive in silence. "It'll take an hour to the prison." He whispered after getting onto the highway, I nodded. "Okay."

"We'll get some food on the way."

"Okay."

"There's a Xiaz in Cooperville, I know you like that place."

I smiled. Me and Miss. Brandy went there all the time. Those were good times all right. "Miss. Brandy told you about the time I puked there on the 13th birthday." He laughed for the first time in 5 days. "I did not hear that one." He said through laughter.

"I stopped eating there for two months! Then I got over it. Maybe we can all go there once this is over." I said. He took my hand. "Of course hon." It got silent again so I started looking at my surroundings. Cars, cars, and some trucks thrown into the mix.

It stayed like that for the next 70 minutes until we finally got off the highway. We went on to a familiar road where we got to a familiar building. Xiaz.

We didn't go inside, we didn't have the time. Do we went through the drive thru. I got my favorite, 11 pc nuggets with cheese fries and a lemonade. Hank got a double stuffer burger with tater tots and a coke.

As we ate, Hank got a call. From Miss. Brandy. He answered immediately. "What's up?" He asked. His eyes grew dull. "We'll be there in 20." Then he ended the call and started up the car.

We drove the rest of the way to the Cooperville prison. I waited patiently as Hank went up to the guards and confirmed our appointment. We drove to the visitor parking lot.

"Carrie?" He said as we walked into the building. "Yeah?" He stopped me, putting both his hands on my shoulders. "We don't have to do this."

"I know. I want too though." He simply nods and we continue walking through the building.

"Hiiii!" A voice ahead of us said. Miss. Brandy. She ran to me and squeezed me so tight I couldn't talk or breathe. "Hey." I finally got out. "Hey Hank." Miss. Brandy said, giving him a supportive smile. "Hi." He said.

Anyone with eyes could see how tense he was. I felt bad for making him feel this way. But I had to. I had to put the chapter with my dad of my life. "I love you Hank." I said, to calm his nerves. It worked for just a little while. "I love you too."

Miss. Brandy walked us the rest of the way to the visiting area. A hallway with a bunch of doors and windows into those doors. She takes us to the last door on the right. Where I get my first look of my dad in ten years.

I looked so much like him. We shared black hair, green eyes, and freckles. Although I had more than him.

"I'll be right back, you can go in a minute." Brandy said, opening the door. She stood across from him. "Carrie's here to see you." I could see the sick smile he had as she said that. "Bring her in." He said.

Hank squeezed my hand, I squeezed back.

Miss. Brandy comes out and motions for us to come in. I'm heavily anxious now and about to have a full on panic attack. I looked at Hank hoping for a little comfort. But I'm met with fear in his eyes.

Oh Jesus. This is happening. This is really going to happen. I'm going to see my dad.

Instead of walking in like a sane person, I ran in. So fast that Hank was startled. The man, my dad, stood up.

"Carrie," Hank ran in after me. "Don't do that!" He said to me. I was too busy staring at my father. I had this all planned out. I would go in and tell him to not try to see me. To stay away from me. But, standing before him now, my mouth won't work.

I don't know what to say. I mean I do but it won't come out. Right now, I look like an idiot. Mouth gaping open, eyes tearing up.

My father stood up and came towards us. To me. My legs were giving out and I leaned against Hank for a little balance.

"Carrie." My father said, taking my wrist and pulling me into his arms.

"I missed you so much." He pulled away and looked at my tear filled face. "God your so big. Your what - sixteen now? And your gorgeous. You look like me too." He tucked strands of hair behind my ear.

"I- uh- um-" My vocal chords weren't working, nor was my brain. "I'm so happy to see you. I can't wait to get out, so we can be together again." I snapped out of it after hearing him say that.

I pushed him away from his body. His body that had tried to touch me in disgusting ways when I was just a little girl. "No." I said, crossing my arms. "I'm not staying with you."

He furrowed his brow. "What do you-" I interrupted him. "You heard me. I'm not staying with you." He lets out a laugh. A bark is more like it. "I didn't know you had a sense of humor."

I frowned. "I'm not kidding. I'm living somewhere else now. I have a family now." It was his turn to frown now. "Carrie, I am your family." Hank hugs me from behind.

"No. You aren't. Not anymore." I turned around and hugged Hank. "It's alright hon." Hank gave my dad the worst look I've ever seen him use. "Don't touch my kid." Father said, trying to grab me back. "She's not yours, Bill." Hank tightened his grip on me.

"Who the hell even are you?" Father asked, now they were both giving each other death glares as they kept me both tightly. Neither one giving up.

"I'm her foster dad. I've been the one taking care of her for the past few months. I'm also going to be her adoptive father soon." He said the last part in a rude tone.

"Over my dead body." Hank and my father, at the same time, pushed me away and went to each other. I really thought they were going to fight. But Miss. Brandy and the guards stopped them.

"Hank," Miss. Brandy said, gripping his arm. "Go wait outside." She turned to me. "Say goodbye to your father." She said, leaving with Hank. I turned to my father.

He was being handcuffed by the guards. I walked to him. "Carrie honey-" I hugged him. Not because I wanted to but just to shut him up. "When you get out please don't look for me. I have a new family. Start a new life. Just don't ruin mine. Please dad. Please." I let him hold me for a second longer.

"I'm not giving up that easy, Carrie. I love you too much." Then he was taken away to his cell. But he needed to know. "Dad!" I yelled. He stopped but he couldn't turn. "I hate you." Then I huffed out of the room. I found Hank, with Miss. Brandy.

"Let's go." I said, not bothering to stop. I was trying to book it to the parking lot. I wanted out. This was a big mistake. A huge one. I don't know why I thought seeing him would do anything. He's probably more eager to have me now.

"Carrie slow down." I heard Hank say from way behind me. I couldn't slow down. Oh no. I was on a roll. I needed to leave this place. I needed my family and friends.

"Carrie please." Hank said as we got into his car. "I can't do this." I said. "Can't do what?" I felt his hand touch my back. "Can't do any of this." He sighed as he turned the car on.

"I'm sorry I picked a fight with him. He just made me pissed. He thinks he's entitled to you just cause he helped make you. He doesn't deserve you. I don't either."

I finally looked at him. "Hank, you and the boys are the best thing to happen to me. Like ever." The rest of the ride was silent. Dead silent.

When we got home, it was about 6 o'clock. The sky was semi-dark and I knew everyone was home since all the cars were in the parking lot. Including Erics. He's here too.

We park and get out. I attempt to put a smile on my face but it's clear to even me that it's super fake. I see that Hank doesn't even try to put a face on.

"Daddy!" Benji jumped up first and crawled on him. "Hey Benj." Hank said weakly. Hank didn't bother to talk to the other boys. He simply goes upstairs with Benji.

"Hey Carrie. How was your appointment?" Eric said. I didn't have the strength to fake it anymore. "It was- it went horrible!" I ran to him and started to cry on him.

So much for not worrying the boys. "It'll be okay." I wanted to believe that. I really did. "Carrie. What the hell is going on with you?" Owen asked. "Owen don't be an ass." Eric said.

"I'm not! I just want to know what's happening with Carrie and dad." I pulled away from Eric. "Well tell me what's going on with you and-"

Owen groaned loudly. "God damnit Carrie. Shut up about me and D. It's whatever. But dad is never like this. Never sad. So tell us!" Liam and Luke nodded in agreement while Xander awkwardly waited for this altercation to be over.

"Just leave me alone you guys." I said, running up the stairs.

I needed to be alone.

I needed this to be all over.

* ANOTHER CHAPTER OUT! WHAT'D YOU THINK OF CARRIE'S DAD??? WHAT'LL HAPPEN NEXT? FINE OUT IN THE NEXT COMING CHAPTER! LOVE YOU GUYS <3 *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 495 19
Maddie Johnson moves to New York with her 2 younger sisters and her mom. Maddie isn't a picture perfect 15 year old she comes to New York with some p...
62 10 10
John was a tough guy, used to doing whatever had to be done. One day, his stubbornness put his life in danger. He found himself in the middle of nowh...
181K 6.2K 25
Owen Anderson wouldn't have imagined the way his life turned the way it did. From an abusive father to an alcoholic mother, and a sister who loves to...
685K 21.9K 64
#1 in Distance #1 in Girlfriend #1 in Living #60 in Discover #2 in Brothers #5 in Love #45 in Teen Fiction #64 in Sadness #8 in Dance Eight boys. One...